Notifications
Clear all

Predicting someone's illness or death

(@lenor)
Illustrious Member Registered

My aunt went to a psychic many years ago and was told that her husband would die before her at a young age.  I remember my aunt saying how that prediction haunted her everyday and she worried constantly when my uncle went to work. My uncle worked in the coal mines of PA and one day fell off of a coal car, hit his head and died. He was 54. Even after he died, my aunt said she wished she never went to the psychic and talked how that prediction haunted her everyday.

Isabelle, earthangel, TriciaCT and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@enkasongwriter)
Famed Member Participant

I had a hit on a prediction regarding a Japanese singer passing away, which turned out to be a K-Pop star. I sometimes could predict the deaths of old celebrities. My grandpa passed away in the summer of 2010 while my uncle passed away in early 2013.

As Jeanne said before, when we don't give our psyche a target, our psyche will default to our interests, which lead to me having predictions of Capcom's plans for Mega Man.

lenor, Iridium, Jeanne Mayell and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@melmystery)
Noble Member Registered

As for bad psychics, my very first experience with one around 20 years ago was a very negative experience.  I don't remember exactly what prompted me (probably things going on in my life at the time), but I stopped in at one of these roadside psychic businesses in the city where I was living. I don't remember a whole lot about the experience, but when we got to my love life, the psychic picked up that I was gay.  I'm not the stereotypical or feminine gay male, and she likely picked this up from how I was being vague about the gender of anyone we talked about.  Despite being a tarot reader, she apparently held a very conservative Christian view on homosexuality, and told me that I wasn't really gay, I could change, and some other very negative religious views on homosexuality.  It really bothered me a great deal at the time.

A year or two later, a friend referred me to a psychic tarot reader who did readings out of her home and taped them on audio cassette so I could refer back later.  She was a much better experience.  She was able to tell me a lot about what was going on in my life at the time (and was very accurate), but 20 years later I'm still waiting for a job opportunity she saw coming and for my next significant relationship. ;-)

I joined the Pagan community not long after that, and there has been no lack of great, non-judgemental Tarot readers, and I sometimes go to psychic fairs hosted in the local Pagan shops.  I've discovered a few readers that I really like and look for.  I think they all have strengths and weaknesses.  Some are better with what's going on now and others are more helpful at helping to figure out the future.  Some are good at telling me what I already know, but not so good at synthesizing it. 

As for knowing when people will die.  When I was 12 years old in 1982, I seemed to know the last time I saw my grandfather that it would be the last.  He'd been sick, but not bedridden, and I remember breaking down crying after I left.  When my grandmother died in 2005, I had dreamed a week before that this same grandfather had called me on the phone.  I'd not dreamed of him in decades, and did not realize the reason for the dream until my grandmother died the following week.  My Dad died in 2009 after a year or so long fight with cancer. On the day he died, I woke up crying and somehow knew that was going to be the day.  Last fall, I discovered a friend of mine (and epic crush) from college had passed away.  This was after the fact, but he had come to me in a couple dreams and when I decided to look him up I discovered he'd passed away earlier in the year.

Isabelle, CC21, DannyBoy and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jd1960)
Reputable Member Registered

This subject touched a nerve-about 2 years ago, me and my wife visited a psychic who told us that she would pass on before I would. This person also said that it would not be in the immediate future, but did not give a time. Lately, my wife has been seeing relatives that have passed on in dreams, including her Mother, Grandparents, and our son who died at a young age (that's another story).

I Don't know for sure if that means anything-but she has been rattled about it. No messages are given- they are only seen frequently in dreams. I wonder if we were not told that, if the dream visitations would still be happening...

Isabelle, lenor, Jeanne Mayell and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dannyboy)

@melmystery I loved your whole post, but I wanted to respond to the end of it because it particularly resonated with me.  My dad died of pancreatic cancer the week before I graduated college.  I came home that weekend and had a wicked cold so I was going to stay far away from him, but I just "knew" when I walked into the house that he had, at best, 24 hours.  I used the opportunity to say most of what I wanted to say, but mostly to just be with him.  It wasn't surprising when my mom called the school I was student teaching at that Monday morning.  In fact, i distinctly remember the phone ringing into my classroom and knowing it was going to be my mom - which is odd, because that classroom phone rang incessantly with calls to send kids to the office, schedule changes, etc.

I also knew right before we had to have our Saint Bernard put down - animals are so damn good at hiding their illnesses from us, but I knew she was going to go before the morning we woke up and she couldn't hide it anymore.  There was just something - different.  I remember telling my wife the night before and her telling me she didn't notice anything out of the ordinary.

In both of these instances I got an immediate sense of the last couple of sands in the hour glass, but I was also close with both souls.  I think you need some connection to feel it, and even then - I don't think it's a static enough event to be able to nail down, so if someone told me "You have 12 years to live" I think I would probably brush that off more than "Something is off about you, you should check in with your doctor sooner rather than later."

And I really don't think I could get it from a stranger.

Isabelle, Vesta, melmystery and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dannyboy)

One more thing on my dad - maybe a better fit for a spirits thread, but it's a "P.S." to the last post.  Our house has a distinct lack of photos.  We have them, but the artwork has always been a mix of masks my wife has purchased, or artwork from the girls.  About three years ago after a massive wind storm kept my wife and I up most of the night worrying as branches flew out of trees and clobbered our house, the twins came in and slept with us - the first and only time they have done so.  In the morning, the younger twin said she had a vivid dream and "Grandpa Ted" protected our house from being crushed.  She described him perfectly even though I don't have a picture of him up in the house.  When we went outside a massive limb from the tree next to our bedroom had fallen off but had been carried about 50 feet away from the house to land in our driveway.  It was too heavy for the two of us to move ourselves and I had to chainsaw it into smaller logs right there.  How it traveled that far naturally I'll never know, but I like to think the spirit of my father did exactly what my daughter said he did!

FEBbby23, Isabelle, GradualGoddess and 23 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @lenor

My aunt went to a psychic many years ago and was told that her husband would die before her at a young age.  I remember my aunt saying how that prediction haunted her everyday and she worried constantly when my uncle went to work. My uncle worked in the coal mines of PA and one day fell off of a coal car, hit his head and died. He was 54. Even after he died, my aunt said she wished she never went to the psychic and talked how that prediction haunted her everyday.

Thanks for sharing your aunt's heartbreaking story. I want to send her healing and love. I want to clear her mind of such pain.

It's an example of a prediction that was accurate and caused indescribable harm.  A few years ago, I worked with a colleague who years earlier had seen a psychic who told her that if she and her family moved back to her home town, as they had been planning to do, her husband would die.  

Well they did move back to her home town and soon after he became ill with cancer and died.  They were in their late forties with children.

The psychic had implied or said that moving back would cause her husband's death. It is likely that the psychic inserted that cause and effect part of the reading because she picked up his impending death as she was looking into their moving plans, and just made an assumption that the move would cause the death.  But it most likely that she just saw both and made an wrong assumption.

I can understand how someone can make a mistake like that.  People come to you asking if they should make a planned move. You throw some cards or look at an astrological chart and see the devastating future death.  You assume wrongly that the move will cause the death. 

The ability to see a future tragedy does not mean you have the ability to determine cause and effect. 

I met the widow eight years after her husband's death. She could not get over that reading.  She had tried to reject the reading and was angry at psychics because of it.  But it was clear that the reading had continued to haunt her. Once someone tells you something in a reading, it is not easy to get it out of your head. 

I hope people who practice intuitive readings will read these painful stories and think twice before sharing their visions of another's death. It is a different matter when you are dealing with someone close to you, and I leave that to you. 

Isabelle, ghandigirl, Vesta and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

In the spirit of sharing anecdotes about death readings, I share this event.  When I first discovered I could read the Tarot, someone hired me for an office party in the city. A couple came to my table and told me they had a child with a serious illness. They wanted to know what I saw in my cards. I was so new at reading.  I peaked at my cards and saw the death card like a great dark energy popping out at me.

I was new at reading, but the energy I felt when looking at the card was intense.  

I instinctively knew not to share what I saw. Instead I said a silent prayer to protect them and their child and infuse all of them in light. I didn't know their names and I never saw them again so I do not know what happened. But more than anything I am glad I did not share what I saw.It could have been wrong. Even if it was true that she was going to be taken from them, I did not feel it was my place to share that, even if I was sure I knew.  Who am I anyway?  Just some mortal.

FEBbby23, Isabelle, ghandigirl and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

I feel that most intuitives just want to help people (not including the ones who try to shake people down by scaring them).

But most people don't understand how the gift works, that it doesn't mean a person is omniscient.  If you give readings, resist answering every question just people ask you. Above all, use care and discernment.

If you can help someone see into themselves, if you can help someone see their incredible beauty and brightness of being, if you can help someone to connect more deeply to themselves then you have done well. 

FEBbby23, Isabelle, ghandigirl and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@earthangel)
Famed Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell This is what my reading w you, Jeanne, provided and I am grateful—the strength to connect more deeply w myself and spirit esp during times of perceived aloneness. The light is always on. 

FEBbby23, Maggieci, Vesta and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@fran)
Noble Member Registered

I have premonitions all the time about people. I saw Alex Trebek coming. It was weird because when I had that premonition no one knew he was ill. My premonitions usually come in dreams or out of the blue I’ll think of that celebrity. Happened recently with Sean Connery too.

Isabelle, Maggieci, CC21 and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

I'm reposting these valuable posts that were lost when we had to restore the site back to 4/9 due to site issues:

Isabelle(@isabelle)Estimable Member

@fran

I don't consider myself "psychic" but some odd occurrences have happened to me over the years which have given me pause and made me marvel:

(a) 20 years ago, I was with my boyfriend walking home one evening in Manhattan. Suddenly, at "11:00" up in the air I felt a "presence" ... yet there was nothing to physically see. I remember thinking "what IS that???".  At that moment, I turned to my boyfriend and said out of the blue:  "Honey?  I don't know WHY I'm saying this but I KNOW that my life is going to change profoundly very soon and never be the same again".  He looked at me startled & confused as was I.   But when I arrived back home, there were a flood of voicemails instructing me to call my family immediately.  My Mom had died unexpectedly in Florida earlier that day -- and none of us had seen it coming...

(b)  In my early adult years, I used to meet regularly for long, laughter-filled weekend lunches with a group of 6 girlfriends.  We were all close at that time, sharing exciting developments in our romantic & working lives; trying to help one another navigate through our lives. As years went by, we all scattered to different places and, sadly, most lost touch. Fast forward 35 years...I hadn't thought about the group at all for many, many years....suddenly, for some inexplicable reason, I found myself wondering about one specific girlfriend and felt the pressing need to "look her up" online.  To my great shock & disbelief, I found that she had unexpectedly died days before at the young age of 55.

I've had a few other occurrences over the years similar to these.... There is no clear explanation for this that I know of but I am deeply humbled.

Would anyone care to explain this to me please?

BlueBelle, Unk p, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people

PamP, FEBbby23, deetoo and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

From Jeanne 

@Isabelle. Thank you for posting about this and for letting us know what you experienced over your own mother's passing. I am so sorry for your loss, Isabelle. It must have been so difficult.  It has me wondering if beings on the other side, like angels, were working with both your mother and your whole family. Also you sound like you were quite young, and of course your mother herself might have been reaching out to you at that time.

It's hard to say if you had a prescient vision or just experience the entire event in real time. Probably the latter.  She did not leave without saying goodbye, it seems. 

A similar story occurred to Hans Berger, the man who invented the EEG, which measures brain wave activity. When Berger was a young German solider in the First World War, he got a strong feeling that his younger sister was dying. They were hundreds of miles apart as he was in the war and could not call home.  He later learned that she had died.  He took this event as evidence of extrasensory perception and spent his life trying to prove it was true. But he hadn't counted on the taboo that exists in the notion of extrasensory perception.  So he died failing to prove his life's work. But he had discovered electroencephalography (the EEG) which measures the electrical activity of the brain.  Society was willing to accept that the brain has electrical activity that can be measured with equipment, but not that these brain waves prove that we can pick up each other's consciousness. 

and 1 people liked

PamP, FEBbby23, deetoo and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Isabelle (@Isabelle) 04/15/2021 1:14 am   

Thanks so much for responding, Jeanne. Your Hans Berger story is fascinating.   I've had a few other extraordinary experiences like these, as well.  You know how, when somebody is "staring" at you from across the room you know it, even though your back is turned?  That's how I felt that evening strolling in Manhattan -- I "knew" there was a presence up at "11:00" in the air to my left side, yet glancing up repeatedly there was nothing physically to see. Yet it wouldn't go away, it stayed with me as I walked down that whole block in the East Village. You are probably right:  it was likely my mother saying goodbye. I had another experience like this where my father reached out to me soon after he died with a clear type of communication.  In each case, I had only ONE communication from each parent.  Yet my sisters received no such communication from either parent... Perhaps this is because I am more open to the possibility than they are?  The signs are so subtle and can so easily be brushed away or rationalized by the logical, fact-seeking mind that unless you acknowledge the possibility of their being another subtler realm, one can easily miss/dismiss it.  Anyway, thank you for everything you do. It is so much appreciated!

BlueBelle and Jeanne Mayell liked

melmystery @melmystery). 04/15/2021 9:02 am   

@Isabelle wrote "Perhaps this is because I am more open to the possibility than they are?"

I read the book "Hello from Heaven!" by Bill Guggenheim and Judy Guggenheim last fall when a friend of mine from college passed away and I started getting unexpected signs and messages from him. The authors of the book did extensive surveys in after-death communication from passed loved ones. During parts of the book, questions came up about why some folks received communication from deceased loved ones and others didn't. One of the reasons suggested was that some folks are more open to receiving messages than others.

BlueBelle and Jeanne Mayell liked

PamP, FEBbby23, deetoo and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@melmystery @Isabelle. Thank you for making such helpful and provocative points.  

Once people have an intuitive experience, they become more open to all of the intuitive experiences surrounding them. This is not limited to visions surrounding death.  People who get their first hits from Read the Future Night become more psychic simply because they become more receptive to energy.  

Our senses are designed to detect energy.  We are detecting energy when we see, hear, smell, taste, and feel. When you first realize you can actually detect energy from the future, the past, from people and animals who are far away from you, and yes from the other side, you start looking for more invisible energies.  You in short, become more open! 

Tagging some of those who I've watched open up over the last few years.  @bluebelle @deetoo @lovendures I've seen so many others open too.  --Jeanne Mayell 

BlueBelle(@bluebelle)04/16/2021 9:59 am   

@jeanne-mayell @isabelle

It’s been an amazing journey as my perceptions have grown over the years.  I’ve never seen an apparition, but do recognize when spirits are nearby.  In fact, the signal I now recognize is feeling chills head to toe.  It’s a striking physical response and I’ve learned to take notice when it happens.  A few years ago, I was with a group of people and one friend talked about missing her departed mother and stepmother and how influential they were in her life.  Suddenly, I had chills that lasted for several minutes and I knew one of my friend’s mothers was nearby.  How I knew this was her stepmother, I can’t explain, but later I did tell my friend her departed love one was in that room.  

This isn’t something that happens with great regularity, so when it does, I’m still a bit shocked.  Once I was walking through a retail store in South Carolina and experienced this sensation of feeling cold and shivering.  There was no one near and I checked to see if there was an air vent nearby.  There wasn’t a logical explanation for what was happening, but I sensed a spirit in the room.

A few years ago, I had fleeting thoughts about an older woman I called Aunt Jane.  She wasn’t really my aunt, but she had been my mother’s best friend for 85 years and had played an influential role in my life.  I found out a few days later that Aunt Jane had passed.  

We are all connected and sometimes the veil is thin.

PamP, FEBbby23, deetoo and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@2ndfdl)
Prominent Member Registered

The thread title here jogged my memory about something.

After finishing graduate school, I landed a six-month position in a foreign country. One of my colleagues there did astrology as a hobby/side job. I did not ask him to do this, but as a gift he did my horoscope for me.

At the time I was 23 years old and in perfect health, with no bad health habits at all, and no worrisome family history. He predicted that in my early 30s I would become ill to the point of danger, but that after that I had a very bright future. 

I might have internally rolled my eyes a bit at this but I thanked him politely and mentally put the whole thing on the shelf.

At age 32 out of the blue I became very ill very quickly, and ended up in the hospital for five days, ultimately being diagnosed with a chronic disease, the sort that could have killed me with such a severe flare had it happened before modern medical treatment was available. Had I gotten sick before the discovery of steroids, I might very well have died and it would’ve been a horrible painful death. Instead, with the help of maintenance medication, the disease barely impacts my life and the prediction of a bright future has pretty much come true.

PamP, FEBbby23, Isabelle and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 JTP
(@jtp)
Eminent Member Registered

I understand that a death premonition is not always about death, but my premonitions have been literal nearly always.

I have had two separate premonitions of a loved one's death. I recognized where I was in the first and understood why we were there, so when the time came and I learned we would be there, and for that reason, I changed our route thereby avoiding his death. I've done this once before when I was going to be shot in the leg. The moment came in life, I recognized it and rushed those I was with to another location. Then I looked back at where I was going to be shot and the man that I saw shoot me arrived. The second death premonition, of the same loved one came about four years after I avoided the first, but this time, I was not given enough information to do anything about it. I know this means that I am to just prepare for the event, but that premonition was in September of 2019. (about a year and seven months ago)

As a psychic, at what point do you set something like this aside and honestly, how do you set something like this aside? I want to handle this correctly and respectfully but I am not sure where to go from here. I appreciate the advice of an experienced psychic greatly. 

Jess, Isabelle, Jeanne Mayell and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@jtp I can see from what you have written that you are very worried about what you've sensed might happen and need some guidance. I wish I could be more helpful but what you've written is so minimal that it is hard to figure out what going on. For now I just want to wrap you in love. 

If you brought your dream to me, I'd want to do a formal reading, feel the situation the people, and throw some cards.  I don't feel premonitions are random. I'd try to feel out what your psyche or spirit is try to tell you. My own premonitions have tended to be symbolic. They always are advising me to wake up in some way. Then I decide how I'm going to act, whether to prepare, avoid, or ignore. 

I had only one premonition of someone's death many years ago in a dream and it was loaded with symbolism, and not literal the way yours was.  It also wasn't a premonition of a random accident, but rather a vision of someone's inevitable demise. It was designed to make me more aware of the trajectory this person was on and what my role was going to be in it.

My person was self destructive, and my psyche was showing me that he was headed for a major crash. It was a year in advance and I was fully shown in the dream how it would go, not literally but symbolically. There was little I could do for him but the dream told me what I needed to do for myself. 

I think you probably know what to do about this premonition.  But I'd want to have a one-on-one reading with you to be helpful. For now, I am sending healing to you and your friend.

PamP, Isabelle, Unk p and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 JTP
(@jtp)
Eminent Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell Thank you for your thoughts and empathy. There hasn't been a whole lot of symbolism in my premonitions rather representations of the reality surrounding that time. For example, I am standing at the side of the road having just gotten out of my vehicle that was filled with friends. I understand that this tells me that in this moment I will have many friends with me in my life. But the people I saw in my vision were friends I later met. So not symbolic as much as additional information. Know that while I am not content with this future, I have come to accept that there are things I cannot control or change. Still not sure how I will put this vision to the side. I am the type that would step in to change it, so not being able to change it leaves me at a loss. Thank you again for your thoughts. 

PamP, Isabelle, Vesta and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@jtpYour experience goes to the heart of what premonitions are designed to be.  We are wired to survive as a species. It is the Darwinian advantage that keeps us going, (although the way we are not responding to climate change is beginning to look like the desire for profit and greed is taking over the desire to survive, but that is another matter.)

Your premonitions are serving a purpose for you.  If you can't lay it aside, then that is part of your intuition working too.  Since I don't know you and am not giving you a reading, you will have to ask yourself how the premonition and the continued concern about it working to help your well being.  Trust your inner wisdom. Trust the fact that you can't lay this one aside. Meditation should help.

Isabelle, JTP, Unk p and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3
Share: