Notifications
Clear all

Myers Briggs: What is your personality Type?

(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

What type are you?  How does it factor into your life?

Does anyone know of a totally free, non registration Myers Briggs test, where you can get your results without sharing your answers online?

Unk p, Vesta and Tara Prete reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jewels-2)
Noble Member Registered

@impassionate 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 You must be an INFJ

Jeanne Mayell, JourneyWithMe2, Tara Prete and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cindy)
Illustrious Member Registered Participant

🙋‍♀️ INFJ here. It is the rarest personality type of all, and especially rare for women (about half of 1%, men about 1.5%). It explained a lot to me when I realized that I truly was different from others. I actually do think in a differing way than others. It became something I embraced instead of shying away from or feeling looked down upon. It has come to be something I cherish. If I had a dime for every time I've heard "it's always the quiet ones..." LOL Although I used to have a different approach in public years ago. I'd tell my youngest (in a louder voice than normal) "that's what racism looks like", "behaving like that is improper because...". It did what I intended without my having to be confrontational. 😁🤷‍♀️

Jeanne Mayell, Obi-One, Unk p and 8 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@impassionate)
Honorable Member Contributor

@jewels-2 I admit I have never heard this term before and went immediately to look it up.  My boss is going to hate you today because I will be taking a deep dive into all things INFJ here. MY MIND IS BLOWN!!!! I think I am and I'm hoping my research will reveal more things I didn't realize about myself.  I totally get that I'm a handful and not for everyone.  LOL!!! But if I'm being honest I really like me!!! LMAO!!!!

Jeanne Mayell, JourneyWithMe2, Jewels and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@impassionate)

@cindy This makes sense to me. You don't know this but I wait and watch for your replies and thoughts here. LOL!  IDK. The way you reason things out speaks to me.  We had a conversation some time ago about what happens to the cultists when this is all over. I still think about it. I wasn't happy with what we reasoned.And I've been finishing our conversation with myself! LOL! just not good enough to leave them behind in their delusions! Anyway, I've learned something new today and I'm like a dog with a bone trying to find out more.

Jeanne Mayell, Cindy, JourneyWithMe2 and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lowtide)
Illustrious Member Registered

For all interested, the "INFJ" is a result from the Myers-Briggs personality test.  I think it's a pretty accurate assessment tool. 

I'm an ISFJ. My children and husband are all INFPs. 

Check it out, it's fun!

Jewels, Jeanne Mayell, Cindy and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tybin)
Famed Member Registered

I’m an InFJ too 🙃

Posted by: @cindy

🙋‍♀️ INFJ here. It is the rarest personality type of all, and especially rare for women (about half of 1%, men about 1.5%). It explained a lot to me when I realized that I truly was different from others. I actually do think in a differing way than others. It became something I embraced instead of shying away from or feeling looked down upon. It has come to be something I cherish. If I had a dime for every time I've heard "it's always the quiet ones..." LOL Although I used to have a different approach in public years ago. I'd tell my youngest (in a louder voice than normal) "that's what racism looks like", "behaving like that is improper because...". It did what I intended without my having to be confrontational. 😁🤷‍♀️

Jewels, Jeanne Mayell, Cindy and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@impassionate)

@lowtide on it!!!

Jeanne Mayell and Lauren reacted
ReplyQuote
(@impassionate)

@lowtide Well, I'm down the rabbit hole now!! I took the test!! I am an ENFJ personality according to My Personality's online test.  Thanks so much for this!  It's very interesting!

Jewels, Jeanne Mayell, Lauren and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@billy-mike)
Noble Member Registered

INFJ here, too.

Jewels, Jeanne Mayell, Lauren and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jewels-2)
Noble Member Registered

Loving that people are checking out the personality test. 😊 It is free at MBTIonline.com. I bet many people here in the forum are INFJs or close to it. 

For me it’s a life changer. I cried after I took the test and read about INFJs. Everything made sense finally. Before, I felt pretty flawed (scapegoat in a narcissistic family) and a misfit in society. It was profound and I wish I’d learned this decades ago instead of in my late 50s. My counselor told me about it (it’s a legit psychology gauge) to explain my husband’s introversion.

That’s why I bust a gut reading Tara’s story with the awful checkout clerk. 🤣🤣 Normally I’m quiet, polite and verbally awkward, but that changes fast if someone picks on another (especially those in powerless positions like minorities, children or animals). Suddenly I’m bold and channeling an articulate person saying things I never had time to think up.

The test takes 8 personality traits — introvert, extrovert, intuitive, sensing, feeling, thinking, judging and perceiving — and sums you up in four of those. There are 16 personality types in all. Prepare to be slightly creeped out by having yourself explained in minute detail. 

I look forward to seeing if others relate to their test results. And apologies for taking the conversation here off-topic.

Much love to everyone here! ❤️😊

Jeanne Mayell, Lauren, JKL1907 and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jewels-2)
Noble Member Registered

@impassionate We must talk when you’re done! 😊

ReplyQuote
(@april)
Noble Member Registered

INFJ here too! 🙋🏻‍♀️

Jeanne Mayell, Jewels, Lauren and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jkl1907)
Estimable Member Registered

@april INFJ here as well.  Interesting how many have gravitated to this forum.  Nice to know others when it is such a rare personality type.  

Jeanne Mayell, Jewels, Lauren and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 mkay
(@mkay)
Reputable Member Registered

I love any sort of system that breaks down personality traits including Myers Briggs. I expected that many people on this forum would be "N"s but noticed a few years ago that many of the comments on here come from the "F" perspective, which is always fascinating, but foreign, to me as a natural INTP. 

Jeanne Mayell, Jewels, Lauren and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cindy)

Posted by: @jewels-2

For me it’s a life changer. I cried after I took the test and read about INFJs. Everything made sense finally. Before, I felt pretty flawed (scapegoat in a narcissistic family) and a misfit in society. It was profound and I wish I’d learned this decades ago instead of in my late 50s. My counselor told me about it (it’s a legit psychology gauge) to explain my husband’s introversion.

I so relate. I too was the family scapegoat with a narcissistic parent. Made worse by having a sibling I believe has a personality disorder that exacerbated the preexisting dysfunctions. It was so much easier as a younger person to stand up for others than myself. 

For those who do like to discuss & challenge the current erroneous perceptions floating around out there in the political sphere, specifically those who are claiming this is a Christian nation, or that is what the founding fathers intended, here's a little ammunition for your reciept archives:

The Treaty of Tripoli signed by John Adams in 1796: 

JackofHearts, Jeanne Mayell, FEBbby23 and 6 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 pafc
(@pat-czap)
Honorable Member Registered

@lowtide I'm an ISFJ as well.  Feel it is quite accurate.

Jeanne Mayell, Lauren, Jewels and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dannyboy)

@jeanne-mayell When doing my Ed.S. degree we had to take one.  This one didn't require me sharing my answers anywhere (I had to share for class) https://www.16personalities.com/  

@April @lowtide @Cindy @Impassionate @tybin @billy-mike @jkl1907 @pafc

It may or may not surprise you that I am also INFJ which is equally rare from my results narrative and shares many of the same characteristics.  

I don't find it odd at all that so many of us are falling into a couple of these categories.  Consider the company we keep here!

Jeanne Mayell, Pegesus, Lauren and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cindy)

Laughing out loud at the number of us from INFJ or similar categories, when we're so infrequent in the wild. Bless the internet for letting us find our tribe.

I'm also an extroverted introvert. Most don't understand that either. Oh well. I am an introvert. I need alone time/quiet time. For me, spending lots of time alone is not bothersome or lonely. I actually feel more lonely when around people I don't fit with. I look for answers and approval from within myself, instead of looking for approval from external sources (that last one took me ages). Yet, when I'm comfortable, I can be quite the social butterfly. I can thoroughly enjoy a carnival, amusement park, concert, etc. when the participants are all elevated in spirits.  When I'm not truly comfortable, I'm the classic-introverted wallflower who wants to fade into the wallpaper. A crowd that isn't in a joyful mood or who have different energies than me, I want to divert or leave. Those who have seen me when I'm social can't believe I'm an introvert, and those who have only seen me introverted don't realize what's just under the surface. Hence, why I'd like to be paid for all the times I've been told "it's always the quiet ones..."

Jewels, Jeanne Mayell, Pegesus and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dannyboy)

I'm also an extroverted introvert.

I have never quoted a sentence from a thread as hard as I quoted this sentence from a thread.  This.  So much this.  Everything about this.  This this this.

I love people.  I can only truly hang out and spend great deals of time with a few of them.  The ones I love the most are the ones who will hang out with me virtually.  I have a friend I also work with that I'll play Mario Kart with over the internet on our Nintendo Switches many Friday Nights and we also connect via Facetime while we're playing and chat.  But we don't eat lunch together at work, and we rarely hang out socially - if we do it's to do things like a movie where we're there but not forced to interact.

Prior to this test (Which resonated with me harder than any test like these I've taken) I used to think there was something wrong with me for always wanting to stay home.  It took a great deal of building myself up to get out.  If there's anything I loved about the pandemic it's that we ALL had to stay home and hang out in different ways.  

I spend my days supporting, coaching, mentoring, and doing all manner of work that I love and enjoy.  New teacher mentoring has been my favorite new hat added to my plate these past few years.  And when I get home I just want to stay there.  I have to turn it off.  Because of my job, not to mention my background in public speaking and theater - everyone assumes that I'm the social butterfly who never lands.  

Nothing could be farther from the truth!

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: