Notifications
Clear all

Request or give healing or emotional support

(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

So happy to hear this news, @dannyboy.  Just a wonderful out come.  May you both continue to recover and celebrate with your families. 

Lauren, ElaineG, deetoo and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@Dannyboy

So very happy to hear ALL of your news today!  This is a day for rejoicing!

Lauren, Jeanne Mayell, Vesta and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

@dannboy, I was very much at peace as I thought about Kevin and prayed for him yesterday.  I'm happy to hear this promising news.  I'm also glad to hear that you're on your way home today.  My healing prayers for you both continue.  

Lauren, tybin, CC21 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)
Illustrious Member Registered

Really angry and triggered tonight. The asthma escalation is not fully asthma. I have an infection

For months. Was not listened to. Long story not worth repeating. Behind the eight ball.

Was also re evaluated for evidence of mood disorders. Knew the diagnosis already was

correct. Surprise!..l still have them. I DO NOT WANT THEM.This made me.sad, like I was five years ago.

deetoo and Lauren reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

@ghandigirl 

Sorry you have been dealing with asthma when the infection could have been addressed.  Can you find a new doctor?  

Some doctors can be judgmental and fail their patients when their preconceived ideas get in the way.  I am grateful you can get the help you need, finally.  May tomorrow be a positive step forward.

Lauren reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

@lovendures 

My doctor is good and sensitive. Although him retesting me to disprove I have the issues I do have was difficult for me. I had a layered response with the panicked reaction I had the first time I was diagnosed. I knew that I was having the issues and the test would not change that. I've yet to fully accept it all. It was a flashback to all the grief and pain of my longtime marriage blowing up when health issues became extreme and my exes bad, uncaring behaviour caused me to choose to leave.

For the infection, I made the mistake of previously seeing the Physician's Assistant when he was away. She treated me like I was a hypochondriac and not a chronic asthmatic. Shame on her.

I let him know about the earlier interaction with her. He asked me what she did after I stated this was not a cold and I told him she did nothing. 

Saga, deetoo, anya and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dannyboy)

@jeanne-mayell I am home and slept almost 12 hours in my own bed.  About halfway through the night dreams started which means I hit REM which I do not think I did at all after the surgery given all the interruptions. Very tired today but grateful that I haven’t needed pain meds.  I did so good with just the muscle relaxers and gas relief that I’m not really in need of anything stronger.  I didn’t want the opioids and really I just feel sore.  I’m mobile.  I’m going to spend the next few days upstairs where we have adjustable memory foam beds but I get up and move every hour like I’m supposed to unless I’m asleep.  My father in law came over while we were gone and installed a pipe railing on our stairs and ripped up the carpet upstairs to start laying down plank flooring.  He didn’t finish but it looks nice and I’m so happy to have the old musty carpet gone.  I’m eating well - the name of the game is phosphorus which my liver uses to regenerate so we’re forcing down foods that are full of it.  The protein shakes I liked leading up to this have nearly 50% of the RDA so I’m trying to have a couple of those each day along with lots of fruit and chicken.  Eating feels good even if I can’t eat a lot at one time. 

follow up appointments on May 8th and at that point we’ll see how things are going.

kevin is doing well too.  He had his first ice chips today.  His youngest daughter came to visit him today with the friend who is staying at their house and there was a smile and light in her eyes in the picture we were sent that I haven’t seen in a good long while.  So happy I was able to do this. 

And new news as of 10 seconds ago - Kevin’s team is going to discuss moving him out of the icu tomorrow! 

CC21, PamP, JKL1907 and 18 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

@dannyboy 

Wonderful news for all involved. May you feel better with each passing minute.

Lauren, FEBbby23, raincloud and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

@dannyboy, this is such wonderful news.  It made my Sunday morning! 

My prayers continue for you and Kevin.

Lauren, FEBbby23, raincloud and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 anya
(@anya)
Reputable Member Registered

I am asking for the healers with a bit more stamina to repel the energies of some of the more toxic people I need to deal with for the time being.  If anyone could envision a mirror reflecting their stuff back at them for the next month, it would be endlessly appreciated.  My intentions are generally good, but I really can't carry any of this sort of energy right now, and I am dealing with chronic fatigue issues.  Energy similar to toxic bullying and 45 like energy.

ghandigirl, Lauren, FEBbby23 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@dannyboy overjoyed to hear all is going so well!!!! As we envisioned it to. 🙏🏻💜💚🦋🪽🦋💚💜🙏🏻

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@dannyboy, your recovery and Kevin's improvement out of ICU is music to my mind.  So happy you are doing well.  May you both continue to improve.  You have saved your cousin's life.

ReplyQuote
(@dannyboy)

@jeanne-mayell While frustrating - Kevin is still in the ICU.  Part of his recovery is finding and striking the right balance of meds and making sure his body is repaired.  When he goes off oxygen his O2 tanks so he’s still there for now while they determine the cause.  But - this is normal - while it’s taking longer for Kevin than it does for most it’s a lot of trial and error, wait and see.

In the meantime: he’s eating a liquid diet - not being fed through tubes anymore and me may start solids soon.  This is improvement.

his PT is getting him up to walk several times a day.  He’s been flat on his back for a week solid so this has to feel good.  This is improvement.

some color is returning to him - not the tan brown yellow of liver decay.  Something closer to “tropical vacation.”  This is improvement.

his body does not seem to be rejecting my liver on his current cocktail.  This is improvement.  There is still some clotting but it appears to be slowing dramatically and they’re still able to control it with blood thinners.

All good news!

my glow for today - I came downstairs to eat at the table for lunch and dinner.  Lunch wore me out and I took a four hour nap after but then I got up and took a shower and came down and had all the fruit I could fit on a plate for dinner.  After months of questionable keto food it felt good to be eating something I haven’t had any of in a good long while :-)

my pain still remains connected to gas and if I get up and move around or even sit on the toilet it clears and I can get back to my current acting job of:  Victorian woman suffering from wasting disease.  All good things.

Kevin will be out of the ICU soon.  I know it.

PamP, 2ndfdl, ghandigirl and 14 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cindy)
Illustrious Member Registered Participant

@dannyboy-yes, good news! Kevin will be out of the ICU in no time. It can take time to get the best mix of meds (& there will probably be changes in the future as well).  His color returning is good, and eventually he'll look rested & healthy. That will be wonderful for all of you to witness.  

Victorian woman suffering from wasting disease, maybe with a side of the vapors?🤢

PamP, ghandigirl, Lauren and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

Dannyboy

You are in my mind and prayers as is Kevin. 

It is really amazing what science and medicine can do in this moment in our history.

Feel better and better every day.

PamP, Lauren, CC21 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@febbby23)

@dannyboy thank you for the encouraging updates. I’m glad you are on the mend and to hear that Kevin is making progress.   I’ll keep the prayers and healing light coming your way.  It really is amazing.  I love that your wonderful sense of humor shines through.  Wonderful news all around. Again we are reminded of the blessings we receive and witness.  Thank you.  Be well.

PamP, Lauren, CC21 and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 CC21
(@cc21)

@dannyboy Thank you for the updates! Glad that things are continuing to move in the right direction for both you and Kevin (albeit a bit more slowly.) Continuing to send good energy and light for healing for you both and that things balance out for Kevin soon and he can take that next step down out of ICU.

PamP, JourneyWithMe2, FEBbby23 and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dannyboy)

UPDATE:  Kevin texted me a picture that it took a good second for me to recognize.  It was of the in room whiteboard from a room kitty corner from where I spent my in hospital recovery.  He is out of the ICU and may get some solid food soon.  This is such good news and has really made my day!

CC21, Baba, PamP and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

@dannyboy 

Oh this is excellent news and one that must have made your day!  

Thanks for all of your updates!  So happy for you both! 

PamP, Cindy, JourneyWithMe2 and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lowtide)

@dannyboy This is excellent news. It means his oxygenation is stable, which is a great relief. Thank you for sharing this. Kevin needs our prayers for the graft to continue to stabilize and flush away all of the toxins that had built up. He's on his way to a new life!

PamP, Cindy, JourneyWithMe2 and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 9 / 11
Share: