Notifications
Clear all

Visions of the Deep Future

(@coyote)
Illustrious Member Registered
Topic starter  

Over the years I have come across quite a few optimistic musings about the deep future that share some glaring familiarities. These musings aren't from professional psychics. They're from writers and average people who, using latent psychic skills on, have arrived at visions of the world decades and centuries into the future that contain a lot of hope. I've excerpted a few of these visions. This community will probably like them. Maybe you have had similar flashes:

• Arundhati Roy, The Algebra of Infinite Justice (essay collection)

“Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.”

• Charlotte du Cann, “Outbreak” (essay), Dark Mountain Project

“One afternoon, by a rainforest pool, a boy fell from a cliff, and I sat on a rock beside him, waiting for the shock to subside. A turtle swam by us and a wind shivered through the gum trees. When I looked up, I saw a group of men, women and children standing naked in the water, in harmony with everything around them, and there was a peace and a silence between us that seemed to stretch to infinity. I realised I was looking at the future.”

• Keri Hulme, The Bone People (novel)
    • There are Maori words in this excerpt. Here are the translations you need to know
      • Haere mai = As well as a greeting, this phrase means “Come here”.
      • Kea whea? = Where?
      • Karanga = Call of invitation, welcome, or mourning.

“She sat outside the door and thought the dream over:

“The land is unknown. Bare and deserted, no trees, no obvious rocks, just low brown rolling hills, ‘Haere mai!’ Welcome! But also, Come here…

She had been aware enough to ask, Kea whea?

‘Haere mai,’ now a deep insistent pulse.

“A light came up and the scene began to turn, as though a camera was panning slowly round 180 degrees. Bare waiting hills, and the aged night sky…but down in the gullies, she can see bush starting to grow and straggle up the bare slopes. The landscape keeps turning, and the next sign of life is a wrecked rusting building, squat on a tableland.

"She walks to it, ‘Haere mai!’ chanted by many voices now, filling the land like the thunderous pulse of a mighty sea. She touched the threshold, and the building sprang straight and rebuilt, and other buildings flowed out of it in a bewildering colonisation. They fit onto the land as sweet and natural as if they’d grown there.

"The karanga grows wilder, stronger. The light bursts into bright blue daylight, and the people mill round, strangely clad people, with golden eyes, brown skin, all welcoming her. They touch and caress with excited yet gentle hands and she feels herself dissolving piece by piece with each touch. She diminishes to bones, and the bones sink into the earth which cries, ‘Haere mai!’ and the movement ceases.

"The land is clothed in beauty and the people sing.”

Aheartbegins, Unk p, kksali and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@coyote)
Topic starter  
  • An NDE account from a woman  by the name of “Phoebe O” (Posted on the website of the NDE Research Foundation. I saved the original English version of this account on my computer a few years ago, but now I can now only find the French, German, and Spanish translations online).

"I was shown a vision of a possible future for humanity on Planet Earth. In this vision, I saw humans behaving very differently than how most of us are accustomed to seeing humans behave in this era. I saw humans of many different types and personalities. They were in a natural area with woods holding hands in a circle and freely celebrating life. Their faces and bodies radiated with love, purity, joy, bliss, peace, innocence, and wisdom, and so did other creatures around them. These people were fully in touch with life. They were not afraid of any part of themselves or the world, nor were they burdened by rigid beliefs or identities of any kind. They were fully evolved and perfectly content living simply and in the now. Though, because of their realized nature as one and the same as the Source and their freedom from identification with form, they had the ability to do and create whatever they wished. They were truly free. They cooperated like cells in a body, for they knew that they were cells in the body of God. They had no doubts that they (and all beings) would continue living after death. In fact, they had brought life and death—Earth and heaven—together, along with all other dualisms, creating a world of perfect wholeness. This is the New Earth."

• Tracy K. Smith, “An Old Story” (poem)

We were made to understand it would be

Terrible. Every small want, every niggling urge,

Every hate swollen to a kind of epic wind. 

Livid, the land, and ravaged, like a rageful 

Dream. The worst in us having taken over 

And broken the rest utterly down. 

A long age 

Passed. When at last we knew how little 

Would survive us—how little we had mended 

Or built that was not now lost—something 

Large and old awoke. And then our singing 

Brought on a different manner of weather. 

Then animals long believed gone crept down 

From trees. We took new stock of one another. 

We wept to be reminded of such color. 

Aheartbegins, November, Unk p and 21 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@coyote)
Topic starter  
  • John Daniel, Rogue River Journal: A Winter Alone (memoir)

“Since I’m making assessments this afternoon, what about the 1960s? Many in my early baby-boomer cohort, when I raise the subject, express a sand wonderment about that decade when we came of age. My brother said it as well as anyone: “Something lived and died then that’s never been reclaimed.” Is this merely the wistfulness of aging men and women recalling the freedom and devilry of our salad days? I don’t think so…Our lives seemed poised on the brink of a new world—or an old world, maybe, a world not of business and nations but of humans living in concert with one another as part of the great community of being, living in—yes—peace and love. We glimpsed that world, we imagined it, and in moments as we passed through one another’s lives, we lived it.

[writing about the omnipresent fear of nuclear war in the 1960s]

“in 1966 and ’67, and even later, a better kind of safety seemed near, no more outlandish than the nuclear age itself. Some of us believed, or half-believed, or maybe just wanted desperately to believe, that our lives were leading us into a world where the missiles might rust in their silos because no one would push the button to fire them, where people might wake from war and the fear of war as if from a bad dream, where all of us might remember who we were and see the world for the first time, might walk in green grass beneath a blue sky in a peace we knew was possible because we had glimpsed it and felt it and wished it life.

Aheartbegins, Luminous, Unk p and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@coyote)
Topic starter  

[John Daniel, continued]

“Feckless as I and a lot of us were, however, something authentic did move in us. I like it that we believed in love at all, even a love as easy and airy as the Beatles hymned in their song, and that we understood love as essential to human survival. I like it that we opened ourselves with enthusiasm to the strange wind of hopeful energy that stirred the country that decade. He embarrasses me, that nineteen-year-old handing out shiny 45s, but I won’t renounce him. I need him, and the culture needs him, too. There are truths that only the fool can know and speak. He is a wildcard; he is wildness itself at work in the human heart and soul. Along with our rationality and sober values and sense of membership in tradition, the fool is latent in us all and will have his say. When the world has turned far enough and that strange wind blows again, maybe then we will fill our sails and guide ourselves with skill, patience, and long work to the true community of peace and love."

Aheartbegins, Luminous, Unk p and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@coyote)
Topic starter  

Over the summer I finally got a chance to read The Overstory by Richard Powers. Powers also inserts visions of the deep future into the novel. This is in the final pages:

“Neelay thinks; This is how it must go. There will be catastrophes. Disastrous setbacks and slaughters. But life is going someplace. It wants to know itself; it wants the power of choice. It wants solutions to problems that nothing alive yet knows how to solve, and it’s willing to use even death to find them. He will not live to see it completed, this game played by countless people worldwide, a game that puts the players smack in the middle of a living, breathing planet filled with potential they can only dimly begin to imagine. But he has nudged it along."

And then there's this a few pages later:

“The fires will come, despite all efforts, the blight and windthrow and floods. Then the earth will become another thing, and people will learn it all over again. The vaults of seed banks will be thrown open. Second growth will rush back in, supple, loud, and testing all possibilities. Webs of forest will swell with species shot through in shadow and dappled by new design. Each streak of color on the carpeted Earth will rebuild its pollinators. Fish will surge again up all the watersheds, stacking themselves as thick as cordwood through the rivers, thousands per mile. Once the real world ends."

Rohenna, Luminous, ghandigirl and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bluebelle)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@coyote Andrew mentioned The Overstory in our meditation group once and I read it last year.  Those are haunting, beautiful passages about the deep future you’ve quoted. Thank you!   The Overstory changed my perception of trees and forests forever.  

ghandigirl, Seeker4, Lauren and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@coyote, I love these writings you have found. Miraculous writings of the deep future by deep thinkers. When I ask my psyche, "Will humans survive climate devastation?  Will democracies survive facism?"  I always get this answer, one that floats along side me every day:

Life will always find a way to push through. Just like the dandelion pushing through the sidewalk.  And in the same way, truth will always find a way to push through lies.

I see indigenous people walking this earth in a thousand years. I see them now reaching out to us to remind us that life will push through. In a thousand years, when the warming blanket has subsided and humans have learned to respect their great mother, there will be myths about these times we are in now, how humanity was just so young and immature back then. 

Life will always find a way to push through.

As long as we don't become extinct, (and I am certain we will survive), then we will learn to care for our mother and for each other. 

And the fact that many of us can see this more beautiful version of humanity, that I've had visions of us climbing a tall cliff to get to that more enlightened place,  proves to me that we will get there.  

I love the NDE account you posted. 

This thread is a treasure for us all.  You are a treasure for us all, Coyote. I thank you for starting it.

I love this idea of diverse humans of all types and personalities, living in harmony with nature, holding hands in a circle, radiating with love.  It reminds me of a some of those fleeting moments we've share in the Wednesday night Circle of Light when we hold hands and radiate with love from each other and then radiate that love to our whole earth and all of her children.

I love especially this line: " They cooperated like cells in a body, for they knew that they were cells in the body of God. 

P.S. I read @coyote's blog a few weeks ago and I found myself wanting to memorize every word. Do you all know when that happens? When you find a piece of writing that is so good that you want to copy down every word?  That's is how @coyote writes.  Please cite the blog for us again. I don't have it at my fingertips. 

You were writing about the process of starts and stops on the path to evolvement.  I began thinking about the path in the 2020's I'd seen in one vision years back where progressives finally have a solid victory, with two women on top and a unified caring progressive leadership around 2028. Of course there will be more challenges after that but life has a way of pushing through and so we will push through. 

In the latest predictions, @CC21 kept having visions of "Golden triangles".  These are mathematical concepts that that describe the sacred spiral of all of life. This sacred spiral concept is also something that plays repeatedly in my mind. It is a clue to our own process. It tells us how we are evolving and the path we are going to follow. It doesn't tell me what will happen tomorrow, but in the deep future. 

@bluebelle, so glad you posted. It got my attention! 

Aheartbegins, ghandigirl, Seeker4 and 23 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 CC21
(@cc21)

@coyote I love the reminder of The Overstory. I was about halfway through it a couple of years ago and never finished. Just dug it up so I can continue reading! I love the deep future concepts and am looking forward to finishing it. Thank you!

Coyote, deetoo, FEBbby23 and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ana)

@coyote

Along the same lines:   

A few months ago I saw the the movie "2010:The Year we Make Contact, which is 1984 sequel to "2001: A Space Odyssey".  I'd never seen it before. 

There's a line in there, repeated several times, by the character Dave Bowman (same "Dave" who unplugged HAL in 2001)---  Bowman says "Something's going to happen.  Something wonderful".  And it does-- suffice it to say that a new world is born, teeming with life.  The line resonated strongly with me and still does.     

ghandigirl, Coyote, deetoo and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Have been thinking about the migration habits of the Monarch butterfly who I see as a metaphor for light workers. Monarchs only live 2-6 weeks while following the 2000 mile journey to their winter gathering place. Most will not survive the whole journey, but their offspring will! I plant milkweed in sunny outdoor spots so they can lay eggs and proliferate. Milkweed is the only plant they use to lay their eggs, but it's been wiped out by herbicides like Round-up, so activists plant it around the U.S. to help them keep going.

We light workers also are on a journey that takes longer than our life spans.  So many who have come before us have helped get us this far by devoting their lives to keep democracy alive, protecting the earth and all her beings, supporting each other through illness and despair. We can't know if we will live to see the more beautiful world we are now helping to create.  But our activism, awareness, and healing work is certainly helping each other and our children to get there.  

My favorite videographer, Louis Schwartsberg has an astonishing video of the monarchs. https://vimeo.com/63681899

Unk p, Seeker4, Maggieci and 19 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

@jeanne-mayell 

What a beautiful video! Amazing!

Unk p, Jujubeans7050, deetoo and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@lovendures He has another one which you have probably seen before, I have watched over fifty times.Louis Schwartzberg on Gratitude

Unk p, Seeker4, Lovendures and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@coyote)
Topic starter  

@jeanne-mayell 

Here's the link: https://towardstheedges.com. I think of it more as "my website" rather than a blog, since what I post is more considered and deliberate than what many bloggers write. But now we're getting into semantics.

@cc21 @bluebelle

I especially resonated with_The Overstory_since it treats psychic phenomena like clairaudience, telepathy, and prophecy as real things (at least for some of the characters). And it isn't a fringe book. The Overstory won the Pulitzer and is still very popular; I had to wait quite awhile for a copy to become available at my library. Once I finished reading the novel front to cover I kept it for a few days since there were a lot of passages I wanted to re-read that kept me saying "wow." 

Unk p, lenor, Seeker4 and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@coyote)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @jeanne-mayell

I love the NDE account you posted. 

Posted by: @jeanne-mayell

I love especially this line: " They cooperated like cells in a body, for they knew that they were cells in the body of God. 

That NDE is really interesting. It's actually more like a long stream of STEs (spiritually transformative experiences) a young woman experienced after a close friend of hers died in an accident. As I said, I copied and pasted the account into a word document and now the original account is no longer available on the web. The word document though is 16 single spaced pages long. Here are some other profound insights this woman provides:

• "The universe exists so that life can experience and come to know itself through the illusion of form. We humans are one highly evolved form in our universe through which life is capable of fully seeing its nature."
  • "To deny, fear, or hate anything in the universe is to deny a part of oneself, to be controlled by that part, and to divide oneself from something that God wisely allows to exist. We must be at peace with everything if we truly wish to manifest peace and create no further suffering."

• "By the very nature of reality, every struggle, tragedy, mistake, and destructive event—absolutely no exceptions—is sooner or later turned into a greater strength and thus serves divine expression."
  • "When I saw God, we had an intimate moment during which I uttered the deepest words I have ever expressed. They came in a light and loving tone that echoed through my being: 'You created us [humans] so you could see yourself.'"
  • "Anything that fails or is destroyed prematurely, even on the largest cosmic scale possible, can be re-created if life/spacious consciousness wishes to continue evolving and expressing through it. Life can also create something very different and continue there or do anything else that it wishes."

ghandigirl, CC21, Unk p and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@pegesus)
Noble Member Registered

@coyote Wow...I would gladly read 16 single spaced pages! I love it.  Thank you for sharing this.

Unk p, Seeker4, Coyote and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@maggieci)
Noble Member Registered

@coyote  Agreeing with @pegesus that access to the 16 page essay would be enlightening. Your excerpts express the kind of thoughtful surety that I want my worldview to evolve into. Can you add it to your wordpress website?

Unk p, Seeker4, BlueBelle and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@coyote)
Topic starter  

@maggieci  @pegesus

I can try to email it to Jeanne who can then email it to you. I just have to check with NDERF's site and see if I'd be breaching some form of copyright.

Unk p, Seeker4, Jeanne Mayell and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@maggieci)
Noble Member Registered

@coyote Oh gosh I'm sorry about all the trouble you'd go to. Maybe just the excerpts are enough ❤️ 

Seeker4 and Seeker4 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@coyote)
Topic starter  

@maggieci 

I want to either see if the account can be made public online again or send it to people who request it. I've actually had visions of doing this for several months. It's no trouble ? 

CC21, Unk p, Seeker4 and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

Reading all of this, remembering about "spirals" .. you know we see them ... from the shells of sea creatures to plants new leaves unfurling and blooming ... to our very strands of DNA ... there are "clues" everywhere if we just notice them.

ghandigirl, seaturtle26, CC21 and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: