Notifications
Clear all

Predicting someone's illness or death

(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

I ask people not to predict someone's illness or death in this forum. I also do not make that kind of prediction for clients or celebrities.  I have my reasons which I'll post further below. While I have made that a rule in this forum, I am always excited to hear other perspectives, so please post away.  We grow when we hear from each other.

That said, many people get premonitions of others' deaths, especially family members. Some people even find they have a speciality in this "gift", a speciality they didn't choose, but they nevertheless have. Let's talk about it here. 

PamP, CC21, Maggieci and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jewels-2)
Noble Member Registered

Has anyone else here heard (accidentally) about your mortality?  A reliable seer said I would pass before my husband, and it's bugging me.  Does it mean I'll pass soon?  I wish I'd never heard it.  

Isabelle, PamP, CC21 and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@jewels I’m sorry that happened to you, that’s not a good person for you to see.  Mostly likely that person is inexperienced or naive or just hasn't been taught not to do that, although there are always special situations for any kind of reading. 

To that prediction I say, Cancel Cancel! Cancel! 

When I was 43 years old and had two toddlers, I met a palm reader at a party who told me that in 20 years I would either die or lose my mind. For 20 years I suffered from that reading and then breathed a great sigh of relief the day after my 63rd birthday.  

The acclaimed psychic Sylvia Brown famously predicted how old she would be when she would die, but she ended out dying about ten years or so earlier from natural causes.  She also told some parents of a missing child that the child was dead, which of course was soul crushing for those parents, and then she turned out to be wrong as the child ended up been having been in captivity and was released. I do not mean to demean Sylvia Browne, but she got herself into a celebrity situation and was under a lot of pressure, which perhaps caused her to do that. 

While there are special circumstances for all of the things we do, in general:

We do not predict peoples deaths.

Not even famous peoples deaths.  

Why? For one thing,  there are no perfect psychics, not even close. The human psyche is complicated and there are many ways that thoughts come to us that are not psychic. 

I suggest you stay away from that psychic, not because he or she isn’t capable of reading things, but because she doesn’t know the limits of her ability, and the harm she can do by predicting someone’s death. 

I also get a resounding no, about you and that prediction. It’s wrong. Wrong wrong wrong. Go forth and enjoy your life. 

FEBbby23, PamP, tybin and 25 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jewels-2)
Noble Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell. Oh Jeanne, thank you!  That is so reassuring.  This changes my whole outlook.   A huge weight lifted.  Your stories of wrong predictions are so interesting!  I hope you have as good of a day as I will now.  Smiles!

FEBbby23, teriz, Isabelle and 33 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)
Illustrious Member Registered

A psychix predicted I would die at 88. Oddly specific, so I never fully bought in to it.

I see this as wrong, but i also see it has kept me hopeful with health problems. It has made me think I'll survive this Covid crisis, and that I will heal more and more so in that way it has been helpful. I hope for longevity.  

FEBbby23, teriz, Isabelle and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@moonbeam)

Oh yeah, giving numbers and saying somebody will die is a big no no. Not to mention it is dark and bringing negativity. You can give off warnings about health I think (you need to eat healthier for example), but never anything negative. Psychics who predict stuff about cases... well there is a reason you do not hear anything about that anymore since the 80s and early 90s I think. It almost never worked out.

When I was down and unsure where to go in life and being bullied at work. I was in desperate need for anyone to tell me it would be okay and contacted a psychic. She told me I was a egotistical person, only thought about myself and was not a good human being. I was devastated and this haunted me for a long time as well. Every time I did something wrong I kept blaming myself for being evil. I still have this sometimes. Still blame myself for my kitten's death last January for example and call myself selfish for doing things.

The strange thing is though, why do we let people like that dictate our thoughts and feelings? I have talked to more than that one psychic and nobody every alluded to anything like that and yet those negative horrid words stay. @jeanne-mayell has got it right, as usual ? Don't let it in!

Go with your gut is the best way to go, don't do to anyone as you wouldn't be done to yourself, and enjoy life;-) Go for it @ghandigirl and @jewels!

FEBbby23, teriz, Isabelle and 21 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cindy)
Illustrious Member Registered Participant

I unfortunately sometimes get a heads up that someone close to me will pass. It stinks. I don't tell the individual when I get these dreams or flashes. I did one time tell my sister as a warning when she pressed me, she felt the danger had passed after a medical emergency, but I did not. In fact I had 2 more dreams later. I wish I had not been right. It caused me a considerable amount of guilt where Monica was concerned. I only realized the meaning of my dreams and gut feelings that I had just before she passed once she was actually gone. She's told me not to hold on to the guilt. It took quite some time to accept that if I was meant to stop it, I would have. I've sometimes gotten vague time references like next, or soon. I've found that spirit's definition of time isn't in sync with ours.

FEBbby23, teriz, Isabelle and 21 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@Cindy thank you for bringing your perspective on the topic of seeing death in advance. I have noticed that some people, and perhaps you are one of them, have a gift in this way that arises over family members and people close to them. Like you, most of the people I've known to have this gift are discreet in how they use it. They implicitly understand it is a sacred gift that involves people they love. Many, like you, wish they didn't get those feelings.  But all understand to be careful how they use it perhaps because the visions affect people they love.

Passing into and out of this world is a huge event for all involved. If we can have premonitions about all of the other minutiae of life, then certainly we are going to have premonitions about something as momentous as death.

However, as I've said, we can do harm if we share these premonitions in public readings or when reading people we barely know. 

Whether people should know in advance when they are going to die isn't the question I'm concerned about here. I wouldn't know how to answer that question even if we asked it.  

The issue is the harm we can do to people by scaring them with information we don't even know is correct.  

Also there is hubris in believing we know.  

Intuition is a sacred gift, and it is also a great mystery.  So we need to treat it as both sacred and mysterious. Just because we are correct about some things, doesn't make us correct about all things. 

Don't let your intuitive gift go to your head. Always approach it with humility. You don't have to know everything, just because you sometimes have extraordinary knowing. 

No one knows everything. 

And if you are certain you are right about something, then you must use discernment in who you share it with.  When in doubt, do not share it. Ask yourself what good it will do. And ask what bad it wil do.

I  have felt certainty about some things, like my 2013 vision of  a 2020 crash that would turn our world around. I felt that vision was worth sharing because it gave me hope that the pain of 2020 was going to cause positive change. 

I would love to hear others thoughts and experiences on this topic.

FEBbby23, Isabelle, PamP and 23 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 CC21
(@cc21)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@jeanne-mayell

I have had premonitions here and there, but more for people who are *not* close to me. Almost like it is too much for me to handle anything about someone really close to me. I would be interested to hear others' experiences.

FEBbby23, Isabelle, PamP and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cindy)

@jeanne-mayell, I had no clue about psychic ability or premonitions when Monica was alive. I knew about a ring I was getting as a gift, or other minutia that I blew off. The kids just laughed at such things. They complained saying I always started singing along with the radio before the song actually started, which perplexed me since I heard it.

I had various dreams of losing a child before her trip that I dismissed as nightmares. Once I decided not to go along as she'd asked, I looked for any reason to keep her home. I couldn't explain why. I felt uneasy about transportation. I kept worrying about the bus they were taking from Paris to Nice. She made me wait to talk to the trip representative until everyone else left the meeting.  In frustration during the conversation, the rep asked me if I had a problem. My response? "I don't want my daughter blown up on public transportation." I thought Monica was going to crawl under the table when that flew out of my mouth. In the years since, I've wondered how that interaction may have affected that poor rep. 

FEBbby23, Isabelle, PamP and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jewels-2)
Noble Member Registered

@moonbeam.  Wow such predictions are so destructive!  I'm so sorry you and Jeanne suffered so long.  In my case I wasn't supposed to find out but did.  Didnt bother me at first but soon I was dwelling on every little health issue.  Mostly I've agonized that I'd die and not be here for my daughters.  I'm grateful to Jeanne for being there to correct the issue.  I'm grateful for this community for a lot!

FEBbby23, Isabelle, PamP and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

Posted by: @cindy

I had various dreams of losing a child before her trip that I dismissed as nightmares. Once I decided not to go along as she'd asked, I looked for any reason to keep her home. I couldn't explain why. I felt uneasy about transportation. I kept worrying about the bus they were taking from Paris to Nice. She made me wait to talk to the trip representative until everyone else left the meeting.  In frustration during the conversation, the rep asked me if I had a problem. My response? "I don't want my daughter blown up on public transportation." I thought Monica was going to crawl under the table when that flew out of my mouth. In the years since, I've wondered how that interaction may have affected that poor rep. 

I just need to give you a big hug right now.  Not sure if it is for me or you Cindy, probably both of us.  (My mind also immediately went to the rep too.)  

Thank you once again for sharing more of your story.  I know it will help some of us here and hopefully you as well. 

Isabelle, PamP, FEBbby23 and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ana)

Posted by: @jeanne-mayell

Whether people should know in advance when they are going to die isn't even the issue I'm concerned about here. I wouldn't know how to answer that question. 

Perhaps people who really need to know and want to know about such a personal and momentous event, will know without being told. (??)  

FEBbby23, Isabelle, PamP and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cindy)

@lovendures, @ana, some people do know. About 10 years ago one of Monica's friends finally told me that when Monica was about 14 or so, Monica had told her 2 best friends that she would die young. Monica noted it would be a tragedy, and her death would be in the news world-wide. Monica told me a palm reader at the fair told her that she'd never seen such a lifeline-it looked broken near its start. Looking back at the movies she always wanted to watch with me there was a theme. Terms of Endearment, Steel Magnolias, Poltergeist to name a few- all mothers losing their daughters. Many others had characters who passed young, or communication from beyond.

My sister had health problems all her life. By the time she was a teen, she always told us she'd never see 50. She was right. 

Isabelle, PamP, FEBbby23 and 21 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

@cindy

Oh Cindy I can't even beginn to imagine what you have been through. All I know is whenever I read your posts I feel my heart opening uo to yours as a mother.  I hope tht you can feel that. 

teriz, Isabelle, PamP and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@moonbeam)

@cindy, I get chills reading your story. I feel sick to my stomach at the thought of losing my girl and wish so much you'd never had to go through it. You're so strong to be able to talk about your experiences. It shows great strength that you are able to do so, since your trauma is likely one of the worst in life.

I too would like to see more in another thread. I always felt uncomfortable with people predicting illness and death, but perhaps it is time to get that different perspective down! ❤️ 

We sometimes have discussions in my classes. When talking about advances in sciences, and DNA, I often pose the question: 'would you want to know if you would suffer from dementia in life' or 'would you want to know that the person you're dating has an aggressive cancer gene and will likely die young'. It's predicting in science and leads to wonderful discussions;-)

teriz, Isabelle, PamP and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)

@cindy @jeanne-mayell

I've heard about your dear Monica before and can always feel your pain - even now. My heart and love go out to you Cindy. It was so devastating to go through it then, but even though the pain is not as severe over time, I know it's still there, and always will be (in this lifetime). I too want to give you a big virtual hug and send you much loving kindness. ? 

It's definitely not comfortable - to say the least - to know of someone's passing before it happens. Takes great care to not just blurt it out. I do not have this ability, but both one of my dearest friends and mentors, Sue (who was like my big sister to me) and my mother had this ability. Not only about others, but about themselves. 

When my mother passed away suddenly at the age of 42 in 1983 (I was 22) she was acting "weird" that entire week and the night before she passed (Friday, Feb 11) she wanted to show me how to do everything in life. How to sew on a button, hem a pant, recipes, where things in the house belonged, etc. - all in one night. I asked her why she had to show me all those things that night (I had a friend staying overnight due to a snow storm) and she said "Because I may not be here tomorrow!". I was stunned. Then when she went to bed that night, around midnight, she didn't say "nitey nite" like she always did, she said "goodbye".  She died in her sleep at 2:00am that night from a blood clot to her heart. My mother always had premonitions, and she ultimately had one about her own passing.

In Dec. 2004 my friend Sue passed away at the age of 54. Not only did she call me a week before she passed to tell me she was going to do so soon, (I reacted in anger) she told me over many years that she would never live past the age of 54. I hated when she would say that, because I never wanted to lose her, and when she said it the week prior to her also having a heart attack, I was upset with her that she told me she was going to pass. I miss her and my mother every day. Not sure knowing was actually helpful at all. I can't imagine though what they both felt like "knowing" about themselves too.

Cindy, "funny" fact is that when I was born my mother named me Monica. (my father didn't like it), Since I was born on St. Patrick's day, my father convinced her two weeks later to change the birth certificate and re-name me in honor of St. Patrick to Patricia. (They were very Catholic). Whenever I hear the name Monica I think of my mom and you. ???? 

Isabelle, GradualGoddess, Jeanne Mayell and 19 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@earthangel)
Famed Member Registered

I am in the throes of this topic now and is one reason I’ve been distant on the forum (going deep alone to figure out what’s happening). I’ve recently meditated psychically and met a/my spirit guide. He tells me the same thing every time, “you are safe. You are loved. You are not alone.”  I know that my husbands health is off—something isn’t right—despite recent good heart test results and a not so bad pet scan that detected minor cancer growth. He’s losing weight w no explanation we can see. He’s also terrified and I don’t know how else to explain it but I see him “diminishing” before my eyes—even though he has energy (but less and gets fatigued early). The guide’s messages are strengthening me and providing much needed solace. 

Before I realized the depth of my empathic/psychic abilities, three yrs ago I had a strong feeling that I’d lose my dad, and Paul my husband, and even my cat close together. I thought I was reacting to the stress of moving to a new place and starting a new life and my concern was a fear. And it was a true fear. 
But now, the spirit guide messages are more present and pressing and are calm yet urgent if that makes any sense. I feel sad, of course, but a lot less fearful. my strong sense is that I don’t have time to fall apart or live in fear anymore. I must be strong.  

I suppose too it’s acceptance of whatever happens and whenever it happens. Please, I’m not looking here for any input or predictions. I’m sharing that since Paul was diagnosed w cancer about 4 mths after we married 11 yrs ago, I’d lived w the need to know—which I’m sure is about control. But, as I accept our karma and life and death and loss and joy, I hear my spirit guide, and Angel Ariel who appeared once alongside him, say reassuringly and lovingly “you are safe. You are loved. You are not alone.”  These are divine gifts, despite the fact they come bearing great pain and loss. 

teriz, Isabelle, PamP and 19 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@allyn)

I read this forum and felt the need to add my two cents.

Occasionally, my family and I are blessed (or cursed, depending on the circumstances) with a "sense" that something is about to happen.  No, we are not psychic.  Not even close.  But every now and then, we sometimes get "feelings" that either fills us with dread or joy, depending on the feeling.

For example, my mother and I both had a feeling of dread, then my mother's throat swelled a little the next week (not much, just a slight swell that didn't hurt her or cause any problems).  She promptly went to the doctor, and despite the test results showing nothing, consented to have surgery to find out the cause.  Her feeling of dread turned out to be accurate, as the cause for the swelling was Non-Hogkins Lymphoma.  (It turned out that her thyroid had swelled, even though further tests showed that it did not have cancer.  Had her thyroid not swelled, then it is likely we would not have found out about the cancer until it was too late).

Similarly, my aunt had a feeling herself.  For a week, she focused on making sure to spend extra time with her family (myself included).  My sister and I took her shopping one day, and that night she had a stroke.  All that week we were telling her to go to the doctor even though she was fine accept that she lost hearing in one ear, a problem that came and went over the years.  (Needless to say, the event with my mother has taught us to take our "feelings" seriously).

Sadly, my aunt had a stroke that very night on the day that she spent having fun with my sister and I.  She died the following morning.

My point?  The future is never ever set.  Simple things can change the course of time.  Oftentimes I feel that these "feelings" are like warnings.  They can tip us off as to what is going on, but it is up to us to decide how to respond.  No one can know when someone will get ill or die, because one simple event or decision can change everything.  It is up to us to take care of ourselves and each other as much as possible, including sending light to each other.

Take Simon, my mother's beloved Yorkie-Poodle.  Last year, I asked for light and prayers from this forum after we were told that Simon would die in two weeks after being diagnosed with cancer.

That was eight months ago.  On Tuesday, March 9, 2021, Simon celebrated his 13th birthday with his family and a hamburger patty with sauce and a birthday candle (he loved it).  It wasn't easy, because he has had to have constant treatment and attention, but he is still with us, and every day we have had has been a gift that we will continue to enjoy as long as we can.

I hope I explained this well.

teriz, PracticalNihilist, Isabelle and 25 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@luminous)

Sorry to hear of the difficulties people have experienced and are experiencing. You will be in my prayers. Sending you love and light.

teriz, TriciaCT, Moonbeam and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3
Share: