The Great Turning P...

Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] The Great Turning Part 6

(@polarberry)
Illustrious Member Registered

@melmystery 

Yeah, I read those stories. What a crock. The last thing we need is CNN turning into Faux News Lite. They're doing a pretty good job of that already.

Seeker4, PamP, deetoo and 13 people reacted
(@unk-p)

A very important message for the people of Earth today:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/jun/17/only-love-can-stop-war-a-call-to-the-world-from-a-northern-cheyenne-chief

Here are some excerpts:

Only love can stop war: a call to the world from a Northern Cheyenne chief

Our people’s teachings, connecting us to the land and the universe, have enabled us to survive genocide and can point the way to peace –146 years after the Battle of the Little Bighorn

byHeoveve‘keso(Yellowbird),ChiefPhillipWhitemanJr,traditionalNorthernCheyennechief

At theBattle of the Little Bighorn, 146 years ago, my ancestors defeated the US army’s Seventh Cavalry led by George Armstrong Custer, who had previously massacred Cheyenne people.

This 25 June, on the anniversary, I will make a call to end genocide to protect diversity. I do not make this call lightly. Rather, I am speaking with a great sense of urgency from lived experience.

For the Cheyenne, the genocide started with what the US army wrongfully called “the Indian wars”, when it was nothing more than the slaughter of our people, buffalo and horses to exterminate our way of life. It is this very genocidal mindset which now produces the climate crisis, further genocides, even the threat of nuclear war.

I want to share with you the story of how my people and my family survived through generations – despite many attempts to exterminate us. The fact that we survived is a lesson in resilience, and I know that we also survived for a reason: to protect and share our teachings for a time such as this.

My late father Chief Phillip Whiteman Sr was a descendant of chiefs. We are peace chiefs – we never provoke war, our main role is to steward our people and way of life.

My father’s grandmother, Quill Dress Woman, was a little girl at the battlefield and witnessed Cheyenne matriarchs push sewing awls into Custer’s ears so that next lifetime he would listen. They did this because after the Washita massacre in 1868, where Custer had attacked a peaceful Cheyenne camp resulting in the killing of many women and children, our Cheyenne chiefs still made peace with him in a sacred pipe ceremony.

They told him to rub the remaining ashes into the ground, and warned him he would end up like the ashes if he ever double-crossed the Cheyenne. Custer did not believe us, but whatever the medicine men said after ceremonies always came true.

The fact that we have survived this genocidal onslaught with our language, ceremonies and teachings is nothing short of a miracle. We were not supposed to survive, still we did.

Have you ever asked why? We know. We survived because these teachings, passed on from generation to generation, connect us to the land and the universe. They are the best counter-remedy to the intergenerational effects of genocide.

One of my teachings is that the Creator shows her love for diversity in her creation. Without the understanding of diversity there is no unity, and without unity there is no oneness with Creator.

The Creator wants us to love each other; that is what the loving Creator is all about.

Looking at the wars, mass shootings and genocides happening around the world right now, and reading about what has been done to my people above, you might ask: how can people do this to each other?

The answer is simple: what we do to each other has already been done to us. European peoples were engaging in wars and suffering the effects of genocide long before they came here, and unfortunately it is still happening now. Today, humanity faces unprecedented extinctions due to what we have done to Mother Earth.

What you call natural disasters are Mother Earth’s way of healing herself.

If western thinking could have solved these life and diversity-threatening conflicts, it would have been done by now. In 1946, Albert Einstein made a call to “let the people know that a new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels”. Cheyenne teachings elevate our thinking, whereas western genocidal and exploitative thinking has brought us all to the brink of extinction. I call it a mind virus: it is oppressive and does not value diversity.

We will never end war and genocide unless we change the mindset that created it. War cannot defeat war, only love can stop war.

My love and my forgiveness do not depend on you. I want toforgive you for what you have done to my people, the genocide and the eradication process. This might be our last chance to put an end to this genocidal and suicidal mindset.

I love you, and there is nothing you can do about it.

@jeanne-mayell

@coyote (because i know he would love this)

Seeker4, PamP, Kateinpdx and 39 people reacted
(@tgraf66)

Following up on this post in the previous thread:

https://www.jeannemayell.com/community/postid/55534/

If Ginny Thomas is brought up in the hearings, that may spur calls for Clarence to resign, but I'm not sanguine about that actually happening.

I wasn't clear in that post that what I didn't think would happen was him resigning.  I did think that there would be calls for him to resign, and that is now happening:

https://www.abc4.com/news/top-stories/house-democrat-calls-for-clarence-thomas-to-resign-following-report-of-wifes-email-with-eastman/

Seeker4, PamP, deetoo and 11 people reacted
(@journeywithme2)

@unk-p  I am weeping with the depth of emotions and wisdom contained within those words... those words are FULL Of POWER AND TRUTH ❤️ 

(@unk-p)

@journeywithme2  me too, my friend- i feel the same way about it.

peace & love to you

(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator
Topic starter  

Need a great good News Story?  Well this should do the trick.

How about this Tweet thread from an immigration lawyer in Virginia who helped oust more than one biased newly appointed immigration judge.   

Yes, we can overcome and persevere through really dark times and not just find the light but throw open the curtains and flood the whole house.

https://twitter.com/HMAesq/status/1537976367848927232?s=20&t=PrIygg-n6jn3xJ81WPQvDQ

@lynnventura 

Seeker4, PamP, Kateinpdx and 31 people reacted
(@bluebelle)

@unk-p Thank you for this great article about Cheyenne wisdom.  This is a powerful message for our world.  It touched my heart and reverberated with truth.  We are all connected and diversity is beautiful.

Seeker4, PamP, 2ndfdl and 19 people reacted
(@jsr78)
Famed Member Registered

Wow, it's hot...nonstop heat in Houston for the last couple of months. I think one day of rain. I think my parents are right I should move back to Michigan, the other day it was 99 in Houston but 79 in Detroit. I think I might wanna go home. People are going to have a rude awakening in the south when it becomes so unbearably hot they'll have to move up north with the Yankees. The people along the equator just might be totally screwed. 2 billion people might be moving from south and southeast Asia into Russia in the future. Putin is wasting time and money on a stupid war when his country will be overrun when it's weakened. So dumb. Denying climate will cause the most awful migration in human history. I wouldn't be surprise if nukes go off somewhere in the future not exactly a global nuclear war but small regional ones. Something like Ready Player One. 

I saw a meme of Homer telling Bart that this is the hottest year of Homer's lifetime, but it will probably be the coldest year of Bart's lifetime. It made me a little depressed. 

Seeker4, November, 2ndfdl and 25 people reacted
 lynn
(@lynn)

@lovendures  Thanks for posting this! A couple of years ago this guy would have been given a medal. For those who don't think Merrick Garland is doing anything, I can tell you that immigration courts, although still not great, are being transformed. And complaints are being heard. Most of the immigration system is under the jurisdiction of Homeland Security, but the immigration judges are under the Dept of Justice. Their boss? Garland. 

Seeker4, PamP, 2ndfdl and 19 people reacted
(@lovendures)
Topic starter  

@unk-p 

that is a beautiful post about the Cheyenne .  It is truth.

Thank you for sharing it with us all.

I also believe Coyote would have loved it too.

(@journeywithme2)

@allyn    I am giving you a heads up.. our local Neo-Nazi has been shamed and made too uncomfortable to hang around here any longer.. all of our activities and calling him out...Atlantaantifa.org took the info we gave them and the evidence we gathered and research we did and made up "counter-flyers" that we went around posting as well as exposing his... dubious paypal harvesting of donations and reported as much as possible. He recently announced after our activities that he is moving to TN in August to "room mate with one of his "old, good "friends" and carry on their "important work". If you want? email me thru this site and give me your email and I will forward the info and flyer images/reports to you.

Maggieci, Seeker4, November and 23 people reacted
(@dannyboy)

Anyone getting hit with all sorts of uneasy energy right now?  I’ve got a giant ball of it in the pit of my stomach that I can’t unravel right now!

edit:  I know I had the reading that said “something” happens this summer but now that we’re here I don’t know if it’s me worrying about that unknown, the unknown thing itself, or something else.  My heart is heavy right now and I don’t know why.

Seeker4, PamP, 2ndfdl and 27 people reacted
(@ana)

Posted by: @dannyboy

Anyone getting hit with all sorts of uneasy energy right now?  I’ve got a giant ball of it in the pit of my stomach that I can’t unravel right now!

edit:  I know I had the reading that said “something” happens this summer but now that we’re here I don’t know if it’s me worrying about that unknown, the unknown thing itself, or something else.  My heart is heavy right now and I don’t know why.

To me it seems like things are sort of on hold-- suspended.  There's been so much bad news and there seems to be no resolution to any of the issues.  I try to avoid the news but I'm not very good at it. 

I realize the best thing I can do for myself and energetic climate as a whole is to be accepting of the moment while keeping faith in a better future, but I'm not doing well at that lately, either. 

Seeker4, PamP, deetoo and 21 people reacted
(@pegesus)
Noble Member Registered

@dannyboy Short answer is yes....the sensation of waiting for the other shoe to drop. It's hard to stay positive when half of our country doesn't even want to protect our children while they're in school.

How do we come back from that?  

I swear I find myself wondering what a "divorce" would/could look like.

Seeker4, PamP, deetoo and 15 people reacted
(@theungamer)
Famed Member Registered

@dannyboy Yes! Have a deep sense of unexplained sadness.  I hope whatever is coming is a turning point.  

Seeker4, PamP, Vesta and 13 people reacted
(@dannyboy)

Posted by: @ana

I realize the best thing I can do for myself and energetic climate as a whole is to be accepting of the moment while keeping faith in a better future, but I'm not doing well at that lately, either. 

Me too.  Let’s all make this a mission this next week!  Remember all the good We’ve seen - goodness I’d like to live through less trying times!

Posted by: @pegesus

I swear I find myself wondering what a "divorce" would/could look like.

I don’t know how this would even work either  - I think a lot of things would stop it from getting to this point but in the interim this is where my brain keeps going too. 

PamP, deetoo, CC21 and 13 people reacted
(@journeywithme2)

@dannyboy  I am .. but.. I thought it was related to the turmoil and family drama I am experiencing currently. Also.. somehow ... Joe falling off of his bike was not a good thing.. I am feeling a vertigo/inner ear issue...might be covid related.  I have great unease about the Committee Jan 6th hearings this week as well.. something about that feels explosive too!

Seeker4, PamP, deetoo and 17 people reacted
(@april)
Noble Member Registered

I don’t know if this is what we are all sensing, or if it is something else. 

However, of the past 48 hours, I have seen a direct threat (noted on Twitter) to a J6 Congressman. An assault on another congressman. And a threat to shoot any “Rinos” by a congressional candidate. 

The idea that these threats may be turned into action by someone who is hatefilled and angry cannot leave my conscious right now. I fear what this means for our country. 😢

Seeker4, PamP, FEBbby23 and 25 people reacted
(@allyn)

@journeywithme2 

I appreciate your message.  Sadly, we must continue to go after these people as much as possible to stop their hate-filled lies.  I and other like-minded people are ready if and when the neo-nazi decides to show up like a bad smell (the last one we had, we took his flyers and put up a large poster advertising for free toilet paper.)  

Thankfully, these troublemakers who stir up trouble don't last long.  While my county is not exactly "pro-rights," the cops here are very "anti-agitator."  Yes, everyone has the right to protest, but there is a way to do it.

Take the following cases (both true stories).  In one case, a little old woman walks around our courthouse at least once a week to protest what she sees as a great injustice (basically, the ten commandments being taken down from courthouses).  Now, her protest doesn't make sense, as we DO have a copy of the ten commandments in the courthouse (alongside a copy of the US Constitution and the Mayflower Compact, under the historical documents exception).  But that is all she does.  Just walking around the courthouse with her little sign.  Personally, I disagree with her position (I am a firm believer that government should never sponsor one religion over others, as it invites discrimination and abuse).  Having said that, she is such a sweet little old woman who always responds to people kindly and politely, so even those of us who disagree with her position can't help but admire her steadfastness to her cause and thus no one bothers her.

On the other end of the spectrum, we had a gentleman who wanted to charge Obama with treason.  The problem?  A county court can't issue an indictment for treason, as that is solely in the power of the federal system.  So what does this guy do?  He breaks into a grand jury hearing date (where the district attorney presents cases to the grand jury to see if indictments should be issued or not.)  However, that is actually a crime in Tennessee, so he was arrested.  He riled up a few of his followers online who showed up to protest, and one was caught with multiple guns in his car (including a AR-15).  Needless to say, both men were convicted and went to jail, and his followers went back to underneath whatever rocks they crawled out from.

Needless to say, our law enforcement here will probably drive this guy out of town fast because he will violate the established rules here concerning protest (not laws, per se, but rules).  Protesting is ok.  Even protesting energetically is ok.  But if he becomes an "in your face" person, he will find himself arrested pretty quickly. 

I will keep an eye out for him.  If he does show up, I'll email you then.  Thank you! 

Seeker4, November, PamP and 19 people reacted
(@allyn)

I am reading the mood of the forum here, and it doesn't look good.  Congressmen threatened for doing the right thing, Democrats under water because the country is on the brink of a recession (and we can't do anything about it because Republicans block us at every turn because they want seats), gun control still being fought, and even Texas is considering succession from the US.

Yep, everything looks bad.  Life is terrible right now.

So let me play "Pollyanna" and try to cheer people up.

First, the economy is about to tank.  We all need to prepare for it.  Food prices is high, gas is high, parts and supplies are in short supply (I need a part to fix my laptop, and the part is still not available after eight months of searching).  While jobs are plentiful, the wages involved barely help pay for anything.  

We must also remember that Putin is holding Ukraine's grain hostage right now, so millions face starvation.  Also, many of our governments are invaded by domestic terrorists who use threats and guns to get their way.  Nothing is getting done, and Republicans will undoubtedly regain Congress.

Now, let me point out a couple of good things.

First, the gas prices and food prices.  Yes, it is bad.  But we will get through it, because we know how to compromise and make adjustments in our lives.  This week, my family put out our vegetable garden.  We will have pumpkins, watermelons, cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, radishes, garlic, etc.  Because we have went through recessions before, we are using our knowledge of the land to our advantage.

I live in Tennessee, and we just suffered a week of 90 degree plus temperatures.  Most gardens will not make it.  But ours will, because we thought ahead.  The area we chose to put our garden is directly above one of our two main underground streams on our property. (we have one main above-ground stream that runs the length of our property to empty into a large pond, as well as two underground streams that feed directly into an underground cavern where we have a well).  The land in our garden isn't particularly good (it is tough to plow, so we had to till it several times and add nutrients to the soil), but the underground stream will ensure that the garden will survive.  Soon, we will expect our first plants, which will help in cutting food costs.

I know that not everyone is as lucky as I am to have natural resources to assist, but that is not the point.  The point is that the circumstances is forcing others around us to learn more about their homes and use nature to their advantage.  In other words, there is an awakening here where more and more people are becoming self-sufficient and are turning back to the old ways.  Recently, my family has turned away from weed killer (which we have used in the past because some areas become so overgrown that they can become fire hazards) to goats!  Yes, we recently purchased four baby goats that we take to various areas of our property and allow them to eat the weeds and brush to their hearts' content.  The goats are happy, and we are happy.  Even nature is happy, because weed killer is no longer needed and we still keep the risk of fire down.

I suspect that the rising costs of gas and food, along with the continued prolonged heat, will force more and more people to realize that climate change is real despite Republicans' continued denials, and the people will adjust their way of living to become more conscious of nature.  Also, with rising gas prices, people will look for a way to stop lining Big Oil's pockets, (especially since a war anywhere can cause pain to normal people like us).

Republicans will suffer most because, to be completely frank, they are still in denial.  Look how well they handled Covid-19 (LOL!)  Red states have a death rate of at least five times higher than blue states.  So how the heck can I expect my red neighbors to survive the coming recession?  Truthfully, I can't.  They will suffer horribly because they refuse to change.  They will continue to act like everything is normal and will not make adjustments to their lifestyles.  Many will lose their homes and may be forced to migrate to cities, where they will be exposed to the "liberals" (LOL!)  Others will likely suffer and die due to poverty and rising energy prices, especially if we have blackouts.

I am extremely lucky.  My house was built in 1920, before the invention of air conditioning, so whoever built the home built it to take advantage of the home's location and the elements.  Being near a pond, he put the windows to where we get advantage of breezes yet are shielded from the worst of the sun's rays.  Also, our basement is built in between the two underground streams.  because of that, our basement stays a comfortable range between 65-70 degrees year round, so we store food and wine in there.  But many people in my area build homes that do not take into acount the natural geography of the area, and are now suffering from huge electric bills as a result.  Further, instead of turning things off when they don't use it, they keep things on and run up the bill (I always turn off the lights in rooms I am not in, and sometimes use a lamp as opposed to turning on all the lights in a room to help save power.)

Needless to say, I know that we as light warriors have it in ourselves to make adjustments and live a simplier life that can be enjoyable.  Not so for the Republicans who continue to act as though they live in the 1990s and believe everything is plentiful.  If we can survive Covid and make it through, I have every confidence that we will survive this as well.

As to our violence-loving neighbors and Republicans who are waiting for the midterms to take over, then I say "let them!"  No matter what, I think that the rest of this year and 2023 will be extremely bad for us economically, no matter who is in charge.

So lets say that the Republicans take over the House and Senate.  There is not much they can do about it, because Biden will never sign anything into law that they try to pass that will harm the country (such as a ban on abortions, for example).  Prices will go up on everything, and health care in particular will be crazy.  But Republicans will not do anything to help with health care because they are being paid by the health care providers to drive up costs for people.  And because so many of their voters didn't take Covid seriously, they are paying thousands for Covid-related costs.

It is one thing for Republicans to cry "socialism" concerning Obamacare.  But with Republicans systematically chipping away at the law and making it harder and harder for people to get insurance, how are they going to explain to their people that they must go back to the old way and not rely on the plans provided by Obamacare?  How many Americans will revolt when prices continue to rise, especially if Republicans are in control of Congress?

My point?  If Republicans take over, Biden will still act as a buffer to stop them (no, I don't think Biden will run again in 2024).  But if Republicans are in control of Congress in 2023 and things get worse, who will be blamed?  Methinks Republicans will, because they won't do anything for the country except their stupid culture wars.  At some point, people get tired of listening to them and want solutions.  At that point, I hope a new person for the Democrats will rise up and ride a blue wave in 2024 that will so swallow the Republican party that they become a small minority, and there will be no need to abolish the filibuster.  

We just need to hang on until then.  And I think that we will.  Sometimes people need to go through a period of suffering to really get it before they change.  Let Republicans have their little victories in the coming months.  We will win the war.

lenor, ChromosomeXY, Seeker4 and 29 people reacted
Page 2 / 31
Share: