2022 Midterm Electi...

Notifications
Clear all

2022 Midterm Elections & Individual Gubernatorial Races this November

(@saibh)
Famed Member Registered

With any luck, Jim Jordan isn't long for the political world. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/hbo-george-clooney-ohio-state-abuse-documentary-1235160576/

FEBbby23, PamP, JourneyWithMe2 and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@saibh Thanks for telling us about that Ohio State docuseries. I love George Clooney and I am interested in watching the series to see if there is anything in it that could specially impact Jim Jordan. Is he featured in it? Has anyone seen it?

FEBbby23, PamP, JourneyWithMe2 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lenor)
Illustrious Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell The documentary will be on HBO, went into production in June, but no release date available.

Jeanne Mayell, PamP, JourneyWithMe2 and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@seeker4)

Posted by: @jeanne-mayell

@saibh Thanks for telling us about that Ohio State docuseries. I love George Clooney and I am interested in watching the series to see if there is anything in it that could specifically impact Jim Jordan. Is he featured in it? Has anyone seen it?

In the original--or one of the original investigations--several wrestlers testified against Jordan emphatically saying that he knew because they told him, but he did nothing. I cannot imagine that this would not be included.  

Jeanne Mayell, PamP, lenor and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

AG Merrick Garland has appointed special counsel in the Trump cases.

https://apple.news/AisO15M35ShCl0nvTTm9A9A

PamP and lenor reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)

Send Me A Postcard

Shocking Blue

Jeanne Mayell, PamP, Lauren and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@enkasongwriter)
Famed Member Participant

Lately, I am getting that the indictments will cause those in the House that were involved in Jan 6 could help the Dems retake the House.

PamP reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lowtide)

Did you see the clip of DeSantis, his wife and children coming up to a microphone on election night? I thought it was unusual that his wife wore a gold evening gown. I don't see politicians' wives wearing solid gold. Today it came to me that whether it was a dig at Trump or a hint to DeSantis's followers, that solid gold dress was the equivalent of Trump's golden escalator.

Jeanne Mayell, FEBbby23, PamP and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ana)

Posted by: @lowtide

Did you see the clip of DeSantis, his wife and children coming up to a microphone on election night? I thought it was unusual that his wife wore a gold evening gown. I don't see politicians' wives wearing solid gold. Today it came to me that whether it was a dig at Trump or a hint to DeSantis's followers, that solid gold dress was the equivalent of Trump's golden escalator.

I saw it. 

I thought it was just tacky nouveau-riche.

Jeanne Mayell, PamP, Lauren and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@theungamer)
Famed Member Registered

@lowtide forgive me as my snarf is in high gear the past few days, but I just have to say ... trump had another high profile gold fixture.  Perhaps these two things have something in common. 

And now that I've secured my place in hell, it's back to Thanksgiving prep.

Jeanne Mayell, PamP, Lauren and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@theungamer  I have to say I thought of the "Golden statue" of Trump that was at a GQP Convention when I saw this about her dress.... while hearing Dan Fogelberg singing the Power of Gold in my head.

ghandigirl, Jeanne Mayell, deetoo and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@isabelle)
Famed Member Registered

Question:  If we can incarcerate 9-11 and insurrection domestic terrorists, why is Old Orange Face not considered domestic terrorist # 1?  By advocating for the termination of our Constitution so that he may overturn the election results in order to hide from the law, he is treasonous, a threat to our country and he is more than willing to foment another coup.  His passport should be revoked asap and he should be kicked to the curb or into his "beloved Putin's" arms (who no longer has any use for him).  Or into a mental institution (WAY past due!). His pathological meglomania is frightening, especially since the spineless GOP seems loathe to reject his outrageous statements....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/12/04/ruth-marcus-donald-trump-latest-outrage-is-too-dangerous-ignore/

Jeanne Mayell, Kathy Healey, lenor and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@Isabelle Excellent question... and in light of the attack in North Carolina on power stations leaving thousands without electricity   https://apnews.com/article/crime-north-carolina-052f618466c84b841b467b55c222717a (social media posts are suggesting it's an attack on LGBQT Drag queen show which ties in with the Department of Homeland Security's warnings sent out https://www.dhs.gov/ntas/advisory/national-terrorism-advisory-system-bulletin-november-30-2022

as well as our runoff between Warnock and Walker at fever pitch awaiting the results once the voters turn out tomorrow.....it's pretty clear he has had a hand in whipping up and fomenting unrest and attacks... I have to agree.... he needs some new clothes to match his orange face!!! and that infamous face framed in bars!

Jeanne Mayell, deetoo, lenor and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

Today is Election Day in Georgia.  May Warnock ride a blue wave to the senate.  

Jeanne Mayell, FEBbby23, Lauren and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@lovendures  Pray Sister Pray!!!!!

AP estimates
71% of votes counted
Herschel Walker
R
1,313,775 votes 50.1%
Raphael Warnock (i)
D
1,309,908 votes 49.9%

Lauren reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

I have been thinking of you all evening.  Excited that although Walker is ahead right now, the odds favor Warnock.  I am feeling good @journeywithme2.  

I believe you will be very happy, as will all of us here.

It is crazy close. 

Jeanne Mayell, JourneyWithMe2, FEBbby23 and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

@journeywithme2

Warnock Wins!!!  Congratulations!!!

Time to Celebrate!!!

Jeanne Mayell, tybin, JourneyWithMe2 and 6 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

Whew!! Thank you Creator for answered prayers!!!  Our Dem group has been texting and celebrating !!! Yea!!!! That's what we are talking about!!!!

Isabelle, FEBbby23, Jeanne Mayell and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Jubilant about Warnock’s win, capping an historic election cycle that shows our country is turning towards the light.  

It’s the first time since 1934 that a president’s party gained both Senate and governor’s seats in a midterm. Democrats won two more governorships this cycle, including in my home state of Massachusetts.

Warnock’s win means the Dems will now have a majority leader in every Senate committee, instead of having to share that leadership with Republicans, which in turn means they will be able approve justices more quickly and move their agenda more easily.  I pray that we will see a shift towards democracy in the House through some yet unknown means.

It is also significant that Warnock’s campaign $ chest was twice the size of his Republican opponent, even though Republicans hold the wealth in this country.  It was a people’s win. 

In the Circle of Light we have prayed each week for two years that truth will become a thing again and that democracy will prevail.  I think that prayer has been answered.  

I know we still have a journey to make, but I see the light on the horizon.

ghandigirl, 2ndfdl, JKL1907 and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

Asking you all to pray for the best outcome in Moore vs. Harper being heard in our Supreme Court today. It is vitally important in saving our Democracy.

deetoo, raincloud, lowtide and 6 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 25 / 26
Share: