Notifications
Clear all

What does our ability to feel the future tell us about reality?

(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@freya Sorry Freya. Global Consciousness Project info coming next.

deetoo, CC21, Lauren and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@barbarmar22)
Prominent Member Registered

I too am fascinated by this topic. In regards to awareness of time and nearing my 70th year, I look in the mirror and see my mother's face. It surprises me every time. While I can accept the theories of time posited here, yet that face in the mirror seems to suggest some linearity. No? 

Isabelle, Tiger-n-Owl, deetoo and 6 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@barbarmar22)

@jeanne-mayell - I have found Thom Hartmann 's theories on ADHD makes sense: he explains that people with ADHD are not disordered or dysfunctional, but simply “hunters in a farmer’s world”--possessing a unique mental skill set that would have allowed them to thrive in a hunter-gatherer society. 

Isabelle, PamP, Tiger-n-Owl and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@barbarmar22)

Amazon.com
https://www.amazon.com › Adult-A...
Adult ADHD: How to Succeed as a Hunter in a Farmer's World

PamP, deetoo, Jeanne Mayell and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@marigold)
Noble Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell

Yes, yes and yes to the Inattentiveness and Intuition post!

I love  all this, including asking what you are actually paying attention to. This is a revelation for me.

In high school I gazed out the window a lot during discussions of Silas Marner and diagramming sentences etc – looking at the view of the city and the colors of the leaves on the trees. I can still see that view and it has been half a century. Later in graduate school in a required class on “Assessing Children” I would gaze out the window at my town – completely absorbed in things like trying to discern whether the winter trees on the hills were indigo-gray or warm gray or whether the river was blue or yellow or silver (the instructor asked me if I had a seizure disorder). Likewise, if someone is giving me instructions or directions I can get rattled by perceiving hurriedness in their voice, feel like I am imposing on them, then feel silly for asking, and then not "hear" the instructions.

Schools: truly child-centered systems of schooling would be such a benefit for children, rather than pressing them with conformity, test scores, grading, comparing, and sorting. Such models exist.

Seeing the future and other intuitive abilities, these could/should be recognized as valid ways of knowing that western science hasn’t figured out (yet) but there is progress. And like Jeanne does with classes, these other ways can be supported with awareness and training just like meteorology and physics and all the other things. Maybe kind of updated, modern, integrated with science versions of ancient mystery schools.

Isabelle, Baba, PamP and 10 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)
Illustrious Member Registered

I can vouch for the intuitive and inattentiveness. A few years ago I found out that along with the rcent discovery of bipolar disorder I have ADD. This caused me to have raging insomnia  for decades  and interfered with processing speech. I often zone out or hear only partially what is said to me.Coupled that with being a psychic and sometimes a medium and you get one lonely sensitive girl, 

Honestly I have always felt defective and deficient. This thread might help me to see myself in a better more flattering light. 

Isabelle, DayDreamMoonlight, PamP and 10 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@ghandigirl I have a friend I check in with every six months or so who is a nationally recognized educator for the gifted and talented. She writes white papers, she travels around the country and is hired by school systems.  I have shared these ideas that I’ve mentioned about ADD and intuition with her over the years, and she totally agrees that it applies to gifted and talented kids. our school systems are archaic, although improving but very much in need of finding ways to teach the gifted and talented. So many of these children with exceptional gifts, who don’t fit into the square box, get bored and then they do poorly in school and then they think they’re stupid and it can go downhill from there meanwhile they are exceptionally gifted and talented kids who is the schools have failed.

Isabelle, DayDreamMoonlight, ghandigirl and 10 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@raincloud)
Famed Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell 

A case in point: a younger close relative of mine was shunted to special education classes in elementary school until his mother fought effectively to mainstream him again. In high school he was considered disruptive and made C's and D's. In college, D's in English A's in physics. He now has a PhD from an Ivy League University and is often interviewed by various media outlets about his highly important research.  I think he is intuitive in big picture thinking and solving big problems.

Isabelle, Tiger-n-Owl, deetoo and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@april)
Noble Member Registered

Wow. Just reading this now. 

The idea that we are picking up energy that is traveling into the past triggered some memories for me. I was hired into my current job in 2018. At first I hesitated to even apply, but I kept having the thought that it would be a much easier job to “work from home if needed”. That thought struck me as weird at the time, but I chocked it up to being able to accrue extra comp or vacation time. I think now I may have been picking up subtle signals of the pandemic and shutdowns.

There is also another story (non-pandemic). My husband and I were driving down a local road maybe circa 2012. I remember looking at one of the houses thinking “That house will be hit by a tornado.” Three years later a tornado did come through. It missed the house I had been looking at, but struck two across the street from it.

That said, I have always been able to “feel” local tornadoes. I have had similar experiences with some hurricanes who I was in the path of. I get very restless, unable to concentrate on anything other than the storm. I even woke up from a dead sleep in 1988. I was about 7 at the time. I could feel the energy. I did not realize until the next day, but an F3 tornado level part of Raleigh that night, about 25 miles west of me at the time. 

I have wondered if I am feeling the energy and just innately understanding what that energy means. Or if I have someone whispering this information into my consciousness.

Isabelle, PamP, Tiger-n-Owl and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bluebelle)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@jeanne-mayell

This is a fascinating topic and like many others, I am drawn to explain our reality in light of the time space continuum.  Time does not march down a straight road, ticking off minutes, hours, days and years.  The past is not really the past and the future is not really the future.  Instead of conventional interpretations of time, I think the future is not a year or 53 years away, but rather the future is two blocks over and three blocks down.  If I stood atop my house (or meditated), I could see it.  

Similarly, if we recognize the possibility of other dimensions existing simultaneously, think about the nearness of our ancestors, the closeness of our descendants.  I feel my departed close relatives nearby frequently.  In the Circle of Light meditation last night, I saw my Scottish great-great grandfather looking back at me.  I recognized him from and old photo that’s tucked away (lost and forgotten) somewhere in my art closet-and there he was, clear as day and in color.  

Consider other strange experiences:  My sister has medium abilities and always picks up ancestors and spirits and tells me who says what on the other side.  For the last year and a half, she has been trying to sell her business and retire.  Prospective buyers came and went.  Brokers came and went.  Nothing ever materialized.  In January, my sister decided to call in reinforcements.  First she chose a date and time that had special significance for her: the 11th of January at 11:11 am.  Then she meditated and asked our ancestors to help her sell the business.  A few hours later, my sister talked to a customer and discovered that the woman was a business broker.  She signed a contract immediately and within a week, she had a prospective buyer.  My sister closed her sale the first of March.  

Nine or ten years ago, I was in San Diego touring an historic building and randomly asked the docent what was the strangest experience she had ever had.  The docent pointed to a closed door and said that once she had entered that door and found herself surrounded by people dressed in the attire of another century.  She watched in disbelief as men and women talked and transacted business.  None of them seemed to see her.  The docent appeared matter of fact and level headed telling me the story.  I believed her.  How do you explain that, except by time existing in a different dimension?

I imagine most readers of this site have had their own unexplainable experiences or know of others.

Many of you have written about problems with attention.  I have that, too.  Nothing like sitting through a meeting adhering to Roberts rules of order for my mind to wander constantly.  It’s embarrassing.  I even have trouble with meditation and letting all those busy thoughts go.  Writing and painting help me focus and in the painting process, I completely lose track of time.  My son is probably ADD and his sons are diagnosed with ADD and ADHD.  Medication helps them learn and has been a real game changer.  After reading this discussion, I need to think about whether they are intuitive. 

My days are spent in constant awareness of nature and our connection to this Earth.  I marvel at our minds and bodies and think all of Earth and reality is beyond our ken.  My intuition tells me that eventually we will all have better understanding of our reality and other dimensions. For now, I am content to live with the Mystery.  The reality of suffering brings an aching burden to life.  People I love have endured terrible physical suffering.  People I love have endured mental torment and addiction.  I don’t know the purpose of that except that our spirits can be refined through pain and our hearts can grow in deep compassion.  My intuition informs me that we are deeply spiritual beings and it reminds me of the Lakota prayer.  I think of the Lakota people and their connection to the earth and one another, in a spiritual life handed down from one generation to another over centuries and centuries:

Wakan Tanka, Great Mystery,
Teach me how to trust
My heart,
My mind,
My intuition,
My inner knowing,
The senses of my body,
The blessings of my spirit.
Teach me to trust these things
So that I may enter my Sacred Space
And love beyond my fear,
And thus Walk in Balance
With the passing of each glorious Sun.

Isabelle, Baba, ghandigirl and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@raincloud)
Famed Member Registered

@bluebelle 

Beautifully expressed. Thank you for the prayer.

PamP, Lauren, CC21 and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

@bluebelle 

My friend, I am so glad you were able to post this incredible message for us today.  It is spirit driven and sprinkles with Bluebelle wisdom.

Thank you.

Isabelle, PamP, Lauren and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

I am tagging @vestralux because if she happens to see this thread, I believe she will have much wisdom to share.

PamP, Lauren, CC21 and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@Bluebelle, Oh so wonderful, you. 

"I think the future is not a year or 53 years away, but rather the future is two blocks over and three blocks down.  If I stood atop my house (or meditated), I could see it."  -- Bluebelle wisdom

-- I just so love this. It made me laugh out loud, and you have expressed this concept so sweetly. 

Isabelle, Lauren, Vesta and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

@jeanne-mayell, thank you for creating this thread.  I love it and what everyone has shared here.  So much heart and intuitive wisdom are reflected in these pages. 

I’ve always believed that we can change the course of history through our collective thought and prayer.  I still do.  Whenever I think upon these questions, I often see our collective selves as this big tree, rooted into the earth, forever striving to reach the heavens.  We have our choice of branches, or paths, on which to travel, and I believe our ability to see the future reflects the possible life experiences and outcomes of those paths that we have chosen to take.  And yet, what do we make of those huge, “seemingly” unavoidable events that are predicted decades before they happen?    It’s tempting to try and approach this through our intellect – if we only understood it, then everything would fall into place.  I’ve tried, but feel addle brained the more I ponder these questions.  It only adds to my confusion.  Perhaps I should let the questions just be. 

So much of this remains a mystery to me.  Maybe it’s as it should be.  In my advancing years, I’m finally okay with that.  Rainer Maria Rilke expresses it beautifully in Letters to a Young Poet:

“Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves, like locked rooms and like books that are now written in a very foreign tongue. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is, to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answer.”

Living the questions requires faith, an understanding that even though we may see a piece of the future that may, or may not, come to pass, it’s not the end of the story.  And for me, there is a certain comfort in sharing the weight of these life questions with like-minded souls.  Through our collective sharing, we participate in creating something much larger than ourselves.  Life is like this magnificent, ever-changing tapestry – the variety of colors, distinct patterns, and imperfections of the collective continually adds to the richness and beauty of that tapestry.  It feels sacred to me, and I feel blessed to be part of this co-creation. 

Jeanne Mayell, Maggieci, raincloud and 6 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

I’d like to add a bit more to my above post.  I know that many of us are troubled with so much of what we see happening around us.  I’ve been feeling that way lately.  Sometimes it feels too overwhelming to bear.  Yet in my quieter and more present moments, I am hopeful and know in my heart that the reality we see is not the end of the story.  My hope comes from small changes I see around me.  I have a personal story to share that reflects that.

A close family member is going through a mindset change, something I would not have anticipated in a million years.   Ever since childhood I have believed that I was dropped into my family from another planet – I know many of you can relate! – and nothing demonstrates it better than how she and I have interacted over the decades.  She’s pretty much seen me as a space cadet, and I’ve seen her as set in her ways, ultra-conservative, and unbending.  We love one another, but are polar opposites in more ways than I can count.  (She’s a watcher of Fox News, which also says a lot to me.)  Since we’re both in our senior years, I never anticipated that she would be open to allowing anything new into her orbit.  Recently, however, she’s brought up cosmic and collective consciousness, and how that’s become a revelation to her.  She discovered a book written by a fairly orthodox medical doctor who addresses how we are each part of a greater whole, interconnected with everything and everyone on the planet.  She has been saying things to me like “do you know that we’re all one?  That we’re like these little specks of light, all connected together?   That we may have lived before, in a past life?  Is this the kind of thing that you all discuss on Jeanne’s website?”   These have all been telephone conversations, so she’s never seen the gob-smacked look on my face as she’s shared her new observations.  She’s becoming more curious and open.  I do believe this openness may come from some personal healing she’s recently experienced, making her less guarded and more forgiving of herself and others.   There’s a lot of woundedness out there, myself included.  My experience with her has reminded me, once again, that change begins with each of us.  Facing our shadows and how we conduct ourselves in our lives, can change us in some significant ways.  I believe these personal changes and healings have a ripple effect, directly affecting everything in our collective consciousness. 

Therein lies my faith and hope for the future.

@jeanne-mayell

Isabelle, Jeanne Mayell, Baba and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

@deetoo 

What an amazing journey your family member is currently on.  May more doors be open for her to walk through.

Letters to a Young Poet, how beautiful.  Thank you for sharing.

I also love this thought from you:

Posted by: @deetoo

Life is like this magnificent, ever-changing tapestry – the variety of colors, distinct patterns, and imperfections of the collective continually adds to the richness and beauty of that tapestry.  It feels sacred to me, and I feel blessed to be part of this co-creation. 

Isabelle, FEBbby23, Maggieci and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cindy)
Illustrious Member Registered Participant

I definitely have to think about this topic much more, it is interesting. 

I know I've noted before that I'm a fan of the string theory of time, and time travel, like in Quantum Leap. Time is a measurement, not an object, just like an inch or cm.  If time is linear, who is to say that it is in a straight line. Aren't all geometric forms made up of lines? Circles, squares, parabolas, etc. Can't lines bend and swirl, just like string in a ball or a pile on the floor where it overlaps? If you pull on the ends, it becomes straight, but can have so many forms when tension is not present. 

I, too, like (and have always liked) stories that involve time travel.  Most do use the premise that if something in the past is changed, then the future of that specific past will also change. Such was the case in the up thread mention of the tv show Timeless. The same holds true for Back to the Future series. In each case something, sometimes something minor, changes in the past, and the future is changed. Sometimes they were small changes, sometimes large. What would the world be like if we all lived today, thinking that the minor things we do can have great impact on the future? 

When we dream, project in meditation, or astral travel, where is our time reference? It's often not obvious-at least for me. Sometimes these experiences can seem more 'real' than our waking reality. Who is to say they aren't real? If we see the future, and make changes in the "here and now", thus changing the future (say avoiding something negative), what we saw was accurate, and we chose to make changes, so the outcome would also change. That is a hit, even tho to others, that would be a missed prediction. Just because they didn't see the future that managed to change, doesn't negate what we saw or the effect of the changes made. It's the old "if a tree falls in the woods, does it make a sound if no one is there to hear it?" We know that there are DNA changes from trauma, so why is it so hard to grasp that we can sometimes do something about it proactively prior to the actual occurrence? 

I also believe that some things, even when seen in advance, cannot be changed. We are all of differing levels of spiritual evolution. Those who are more receptive and/or advanced, will be aghast at some things that 'didn't have to happen', especially those we have foreseen. Conversely, some of these same tragedies we could see coming (even without intuition-just noting the writing on the wall), others who haven't learned the same lessons already won't see them coming even if it were spelled out to them in the most basic terms. They have to go through the event to learn. This is why, even though some will see events they wish to prevent, they will fail at altering the course. Just because some are more advanced and see what's coming doesn't always equate with knowing the why of what is going to transpire. It is easy for a high school senior to solve problems given to elementary school students, but how can one expect an elementary school student to have the knowledge and experience of someone in high school or college? 

As @deetoo notes about tapestry, it's not just one string, thread, yarn, or fiber that makes up a tapestry. The colors and patterns can be quite intricate, and every thread has its place. Every fiber is needed. As a knitter and crocheter, for those who don't practice the craft, it can amaze people that a single continuous yarn can be coerced into forming clothing, pillows and blankets. Still more impressive that multiple yarns likewise can be brought together in the same way to produce patterns, or pictures, in the woven fabric. This is like our varied lives and cultures all melding into this world, forming our past, present and future-collectively known as time. 

Isabelle, FEBbby23, Marigold and 6 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)
Illustrious Member Registered

@deetoo

As I read your post I got the image of a kaleidoscope. All of our colorful selves blending together but still individually beautiful. 

Lauren, deetoo, Maggieci and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

When I think about @seaholy's original vision of children screaming and buildings falling around them, which was the vision that caused me to start this thread, I realize something else about these visions -- I think about the role of empathy and perhaps healing in receiving these visions. Seaholy told me that part of the vision was that the crying children were on top of the rubble screaming for parents who were beneath the rubble. That is more graphic than I ever saw in the news. And I believe that when we truly feel others' suffering, we help to alleviate it by taking some of it into ourselves. Not only did Seaholy herself tap some of that suffering, but by sharing it with us, we did too. 

People have asked me, what is the good of seeing the future if we can't do anything about it?  Well, that's one bit of good, I feel, that comes from tapping into someone as she did. 

Given how time works, I'm not even sure that it was actually the future.  It's possible she was just tapping into that event across another dimension and therefore was helping those children in their time.  

Also in some cases, we do get visions that we can do something about. So many of the visions, taken as a group, have helped me prepare for climate change, to help with political advocacy, and with calming down about short term negative events, when I see a longer term positive outcome. 

LivingFree2, FEBbby23, Marigold and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3
Share: