Notifications
Clear all

New Set of Predictions for 2023 Just Posted on Prediction Membership Page

(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

We just posted a new set of predictions for 2023 on the Prediction Membership Page that I think will lighten your mind. You need an active prediction membership to see them, which you can get by clicking on the page and following the prompts or clicking on the Receive Latest Predictions Button on this page. If you already have a membership, then just be sure you are logged into the site and you will see all the predictions when you go to the Prediction Membership Page. This is our only fundraiser and it supports this forum and our prediction work. 

In brief, the trend will continue towards progressive change, but extremists will not go down without a fight, making the year tumultuous.  But rest assured that the trend beneath the headlines is upward.  It's going to be a better year for democracy, progressives, and women, with a progressive youth rising and breakthroughs in medicine and sustainability. It will not be a good year for Trump, Putin, Musk, Kanye, and their supporters. 

Kateinpdx, seaturtle26, Lawrence and 8 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@allyn)
Illustrious Member Registered

I haven't had a chance to look at the 2023 predictions yet, but you already have a hit about how the hardliners are making things tumultuous.  For Exhibit A, see how the Republicans are handling their votes for Speaker of the House.

Unbelievable, isn't it?  The Republicans barely regained the House, and yet proved on day one that they are completely incompetent when it comes to governing.  And in 2024, the Millennials and Generations Z, who are already leaning progressive, will become the biggest voting block.  Right now we (I say "we" because I am an older Millennial) are watching Republicans act like chaotic terrorists and fools, and we roll our eyes when we think about how seriously we will take them when the next election rolls around.

The Republican party is on the verge of collapse right now.  Trump is running, but if he becomes the front runner, he will lose, and a blue wave will hit the nation, hopefully giving Biden or whoever is the frontrunner for the Democrats the power they need to enact laws to protect women, healthcare, and the environment.  Even if Trump doesn't become the frontrunner, the Republicans have become so used to attacking each other, that Trump will ensure none of his supporters will back whoever it is running in his place.  I can see Trump running as a third party candidate in 2024 if he can't win. 

But the Republicans fighting today makes me so happy.  They have lived by their cruelty and obstructionism for so long that it is true karma to watch them inflict it on themselves.  Democrats should just sit back and watch the show or, as an alternative, see if they can strike up a deal with the moderate Republicans.  Because the longer it takes McCarthy (or whoever) to become speaker, the longer it will take for Republicans to go back to their Benghazi ways and hold their fake hearings on people they don't like. 

As to your prediction on sustainability, I can see it happen on a local level.  Many of my neighbors have taken to gardening to grow their own vegetables.  Not to be outdone, yours truly has recently started construction on a greenhouse so I can grow many of my favorite vegetables year round without having to worry about the extreme temperatures here in Tennessee (we went from minus 20 to 60 degrees in one week, so you get the point.)

I am keeping most of the political junk to a minimum right now and am tuning most of it out because life is too short to get angry about how these lowlifes like to yell and harass others.  Since we are ignoring them, they are turning on themselves and will eventually either shut up or continue ranting to blank walls.  Regardless, the time of the rude, bullying, psychotic wannabes is over, and new leaders will emerge to clean up the smell they left behind.

On a positive note, I am still recovering (I am back to work now, but no jury trials until March at least).  I am shutting negative people out of my life and enjoying it.  I hope the rest of you are doing great and wish you a fantastic 2023!

Jewels, LivingFree2, Danielle and 12 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cindy)
Illustrious Member Registered Participant

@allyn Glad to see you back, as well as hearing that you are continuing to get better. 

I too can't wait for the GQP to implode. It's time they keep their treatment of others in their own back yard vs inflicting it on others. 

Jeanne Mayell and Lauren reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lauren)
Estimable Member Registered

@allyn Hooray!  So happy to hear from you again, and to know that you are getting better.  You have been missed.

ReplyQuote
(@lowtide)

@allyn So glad to hear your strong voice again!  You have been missed. Wonderful news that you're back at work. 

I, too, am watching the fiasco going on in the House right now, thanks to the Chaos Caucus. They're now on the third ballot. They'll probably go at it all night and longer.

Excuse me while I go get some popcorn 🤣

Lauren and Jeanne Mayell reacted
ReplyQuote
(@allyn)

@lowtide 

I already have my popcorn out and am watching the circus unfold.  Do you think they will bring out the lion tamers and acrobats soon?  Perhaps a ringmaster?  I already see the elephants and the clowns! 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 

JourneyWithMe2, Lauren, HeruKane and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@pegesus)
Noble Member Registered

@allyn I'm so glad to see your post!   Agree with all you said and kudos on the new greenhouse!

Lauren and Jeanne Mayell reacted
ReplyQuote
(@marigold)
Noble Member Registered

@allyn Allyn! I have been wondering of late how you are, missing your voice, and therefore so good to read your post and to learn that you are doing well. With a greenhouse in the works no less! Here's to your favorite vegetables year round whatever they may be.

ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@allyn So glad to hear from you ! Thought of you often over the holidays and sent Love and Healing each time you crossed my mind. You will find gardening is very good for your physical and mental health... as well as enjoying the "fruits and veggies" of your labors! I admit I had to laugh several times... watching MTG hanging with her sugar congressdaddy trying to console and assure him as he was going "down two times... and then three times" before adjourning until noon tomorrow. 😂😂😂 "Just desserts" echoing on my mind.

Lauren reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@allyn I've been thinking about you for the last few days and almost started searching for a way to reach you directly. But didn't want to go invasive on your privacy.  Then, Bam! you showed up.  It is SO good to hear from you and reading your usual brilliant and electric thoughts.  Welcome back!  

Lauren reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lenor)

@allyn So happy you’re back. I missed you and your posts. They were always so enlightening. Also, happy that you are feeling better.

Lauren reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kateinpdx)
Noble Member Registered

@allyn Count me in as someone who's happy to see you back! I'm so glad you're on the road to recovery!

For you and everyone else, if you'd like a little humor about the state of the house speaker debacle, Stephen Colbert's opening monologue was pretty funny last night! 

JourneyWithMe2, tybin, TriciaCT and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: