Notifications
Clear all

What does our ability to feel the future tell us about reality?

(@tgraf66)
Illustrious Member Registered

Posted by: @jeanne-mayell

People have asked me, what is the good of seeing the future if we can't do anything about it?

In my view, we can always do something about it.  We may not be able to change it or avoid it, but we can prepare and be ready for it in order to perhaps mitigate the effects - or at least be able to react to it in a calm manner if/when it happens - and that is very definitely "doing something".

Isabelle, DayDreamMoonlight, LivingFree2 and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@tgraf66 Amen.

ReplyQuote
 Saga
(@saga)
New Member Contributor

@ghandigirl 💞

Lauren and ghandigirl reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cindy)
Illustrious Member Registered Participant

Today was rife with those moments of thinking something, & going oh wow a little later. Yesterday there was a cable outage in the morning. When I went on line to check on it,  my account showed the intermittent outage & the fact that my billing cycle ends on the 19th. I made the choice to cut my tv cable since I mostly stream. After finishing my Netflix series this morning (gut said finish it first) I went & packed up the cable boxes & remotes. It took over an hour at the cable store. My account is so old it's grandfathered & has been transferred to several different servicing servers over the years. They couldn't keep my phone & internet and cut out tv. The compuer just said this does not compute.  I'd have to call the 800 number from home to get them to sort out the account. They said I also needed a new modem & router for my internet, so I chose to take them with me to set up myself. However, my gut said to check my internet before leaving. No signal. Every device on my wifi showed as disconnected on my phone. They insisted it was not the account,  it would reboot, it was just from them tinkering & resetting my account. I call the land line on the way home still feeling something off & got a recording saying there were connection issues. At home I had nothing- no internet no phone. I called the 800 number & they saw no issues from their end, & ordered a tech to come find the issue at the house. I'm just now in the start of the arrival window. After an hour & a half on the phone getting the account straight, I was cleaning to keep busy. My mind kept saying that my smoke detectors aren't working without wifi. I have 2 wifi & 2 manual. So what's the big deal,  I'm home?  But over & over the thought came as I vacuumed & shampooed the rug. Then I heard it-the sound of energency trucks on the main road past our development. Several trucks went barreling past my house & I could start to smell smoke. There ended up being 5 trucks, numerous cops & one ambulance just 2 blocks from me. No one is hurt, but the house is totaled as seen from neighbors & news videos. This was the first time I've lost service & even thought of my smoke detectors. Odd how I felt I had to go to the cable store today-tech from 800 number could tell me I was at the store when something went wrong on my incoming line. Then the preoccupation with smoke alarms just before a major fire in my neighborhood. 

It is fascinating how we sometimes get snippets of info or insights in advance.

deetoo, Isabelle, DayDreamMoonlight and 8 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@cindy 

Wow! That was a lot of intuitive stuff Cindy.

BTW, I had an internet outage for about 12 hours today.  

Lauren and ghandigirl reacted
ReplyQuote
(@barbarmar22)
Prominent Member Registered

@cindy - you can buy your own modem /router at Best buy and pay for it over 8-12 months in what you would pay for same through cable company.

Lauren reacted
ReplyQuote
(@raincloud)
Famed Member Registered

A nice overview of the multiverse concept in National Geographic:

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/article/what-is-the-multiverse

Lauren reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cindy)
Illustrious Member Registered Participant

@barbarmar22 Thank you, I know this. I'll test the account for a while to see if the speed adjustment works well before buying my own equipment. 

@lovendures The funny thing was after all the phone calls, etc., the tech who came to the house said that while I was at the store, they cut my service after causing an account issue, there was nothing wrong here at the house. So, my gut feeling that they cut my service while I was in the store causing me to check my phone to see if my household equipment was online was accurate. 

I also found a connection to my preoccupation with the smoke detectors and the fire in the neighborhood. According to neighbors, it seems the fire started outside (electrical, they believe right now). The fire had to burn through the outside of the house to the interior before it could set off the smoke detectors and warn the sleeping occupant. This explains why they got out of the house, yet the house is totaled. There was no time to do anything else but evacuate as the entire outer wall was engulfed, breaking thru to the interior and attic simultaneously. Fortunately, no one was hurt, and the dogs the family couldn't get out on their own were rescued by the fire department. 

@raincloud, that looks interesting. The movie Everything Everywhere All At Once is based on multiverse 'jumping'. Interesting idea, but the movie itself wasn't quite my cup of tea. 

deetoo, raincloud, BlueBelle and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@daydreammoonlight)
Estimable Member Registered

Wow, I so appreciate this thread. I find it so helpful to see how other people have come up with solutions to the feeling or view that seeing devastating or large events in the future causing anxiety.  Often times I have dreams when I get a premonition of a difficult world event coming through.  With the pandemic that was the case. Leading up to it I had months of nightmares about being stuck inside but I couldn't interpret why I was having that recurring dream.  Luckily with that one I didn't see death, just being stuck inside different buildings and not being able to leave.

In terms of time... I love the fish tank analogy. That was such a powerful image to explain it. I see time as happening all at the same moment.  I do think many events are predetermined but that you might be able to dance over to another timeline with practise and often it happens unintentionally.  I don't think there are infinite timelines, I think there might just be a few. I believe our thoughts and many choices are free and that is the element of free will. So life seems like a combo of free will and predetermined in my opinion. 

Adhd. Woah, some really helpful thoughts on that @Jeanne ! Thank you for what you posted about not viewing the self as broken because of difficulties focusing on a lecture. I'm so glad I came back to this forum because I've been having a bit of a conundrum about whether to label myself as ADHD.  In Canada it costs $3000 to get tested for that diagnosis and so I've decided not to undergo testing for it. 

I often see what a persons strong emotions are saying as you mentioned. I feel their emotions in my body if I don't make a decision not to.  I have had to work very consistently not to feel other peoples emotion automatically, especially my family members.  Lately I've had to tune out other peoples thoughts too because sometimes they come floating into my head before they say them.  I don't like that because I view it as an invasion of their privacy, unless they tell me they want to interact that way. My husband and I slip into interacting that way and sometimes share dreams by chance. I find it very distracting to be hyperaware of others emotions and true intentions.  I found it so difficult as a child that I would go off into daydream la la land to avoid the emotional noise in a room. I became a comedian for a while without realizing that I did it to prevent the mood from going sad or angry! I was subconsciously trying to control the whole room! YIKES! It has taken a lot of work to not try to control or flipping to become passive.  Remaining present and tuning out of others emotions enables me to focus on a lecture or for the task at hand.  Also, coffee helps and is delicious:)

tybin, deetoo, Vesta and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@isabelle)
Famed Member Registered

@daydreammoonlight 

Years ago I was facing a difficult situation which could not seem to be resolved no matter what I did. I consulted a well-known psychic who also trained as a PhD psychotherapist and has a busy practice. She gave me information regarding the situation I was facing as well as the probable date it would be resolved and she was absolutely correct. She knew that it would definitely be resolved and how it would be resolved, the time period it would happen as well as some other very specific data regarding a related medical diagnosis I had never heard of before but turned out to be true. This blew me away.

I asked her how she was able to discern such highly specific information? She told me that everyone (and, by extension, society) creates the equivalent of 'bubbles of probability' around them generated by their thoughts & feelings. Some bubbles are larger than others and are thus more likely to crystallize into 'hard reality/manifestation'. If this is true, it might begin to explain why some sensitives like those on this site can 'pick up/sense' future events.  One does wonder about the social construct of linear time?

raincloud, tybin, deetoo and 6 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tgraf66)
Illustrious Member Registered

@isabelle I'd love to meet someone like that! :-)

raincloud, CC21 and Lauren reacted
ReplyQuote
(@isabelle)
Famed Member Registered

@tgraf66 

This occurred about 25 years ago.  She had a practice in the West 40s in Manhattan. For the life of me, I cannot remember her name.  She may not even be practicing anymore since she was older at the time.   I will search and see if I have kept notes from that long ago  -- although I doubt it.  But if I find her name I will let you know.

I sought her out out of a sense of frustration/desperation.  This was a situation I wanted badly to resolve and every indication at the time was that it would not be resolved.  Yet her positive predictions were definite, repeated and she buoyed me with hope.  In about a year (exactly as she had predicted) everything suddenly fell into place and it was totally unexpected from all outward signs.

This led me to realize that there is far more than our 5 senses and our sense of linear time tells us.  Her academic credentials (PhD, Columbia University I believe) made me feel more open to her and helped overcome my natural skepticism.  It also left me with a strong sense of wonder at this incredibly complex universe we inhabit (far more than we know) and opened up my mind to other possibilities.  

raincloud, Lauren, Vesta and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3
Share: