Notifications
Clear all

What does our ability to feel the future tell us about reality?

(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

A week before the big earthquake, @seaholly had an upsetting vision that a week later came true.  She had heard children screaming and saw buildings falling down around them. She said the children could not reach their parents who were beneath the rubble. Also a week before it happened, @lovendures felt an incredible sadness come over her. 

We feel the future here with varying levels of specificity, some are especially clear. Seaholy's was just so painful to read, and no one can think about it without realizing what it was like for these children.  I wonder so many things when I read a vision like hers.  

What does it mean about our reality? I'd like to explore this.  I have so many thoughts, visions, that well up when I pose that question. 

@seaholly really heard and saw these children reacting to this catastrophe.  We forget how remarkable it is that she saw such specificity in advance.  @Lovendures also felt the sadness a week earlier.  

@baba picks up events before they happen every time she meditates. 

I keep asking myself, what does it mean about reality that the event could be seen and heard in advance?  Because it has implications for the nature of reality. Of death,  and the consciousness of those who have passed showing up, no matter how far back they were here. And those who are in the future showing up now.

We see this miracle every day on this site, but every once in a while, I have to ask what it means about the world I think I live in. Ha ha. I love that question.

Isabelle, DayDreamMoonlight, CC21 and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

I have learned to pay attention to what @Seaholly says and notices. 

I think Jeanne perhaps we are rediscovering what was once normal in ancient culture but lost to many of us over the centuries and millennia. I think of all the Old and New Testament passages which discuss dreams and visions, angel visitations and so forth.  Many native indigenous cultures continue to value messages given in dreams and waking visions. 

It is part of us.

We have a lot to rediscover and a lot to discover for the first time.

@jeanne-mayell

Isabelle, CC21, Vesta and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@lovendures The wonder of feeling the future begs the question, "What IS reality?"

In the months before the Boston marathon bombing, I had held a Read-the-Future night at my house. After meditating, we were sitting around and talking about what we'd seen, and an elderly nurse named Pam from Watertown, MA, had a shocked look on her face about what she had seen.  It was January 3 ,2013, three months, and 12 days before the bombing happened. Without explaining or perhaps without even knowing what she'd seen, she blurted out, "Nobody's gonna understand any of this!"  I looked at her face and heard the tone in her voice, and said, "It's gonna be a bomb!" I had the distinct image of a bomb so large it would be heard around the world.

Well, the marathon bombers homemade two bombs were just the size of stove-top pressure cookers. The bomb however made such an impression in our human consciousness, that, it had splashed backwards in time, like someone doing a spectacular cannonball into a pool,  and Pam heard it three months and 12 days earlier. 

So if something huge happens in the future, some of us are able to detect it, because it makes a big energy wave.  

I think it helps to detect a big event when the event itself happens closer to us.  Pam, the nurse, lived in Watertown MA on the same block as the shootout with police, and actually saw and heard commotion from her apartment window. 

However, someone as sensitive as @seaholly was able to see and feel the children screaming on the other side of the world when their buildings were falling down, a week before the earthquakes. @lovendures also felt and wrote about the excruitiating sadness she was feeling a week before the event. 

The occurrences that create huge waves in human consciousness tell me that we are feeling the waves of conscientious around us.  It's turbulence. 

It raises so much wonder and so many questions.  

Isabelle, Maggieci, BlueBelle and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Dean Radin from the Institute of Noetic Sciences (IONS) ran an experiment after 9/11 that showed people are unconsciously picking up big future events before they happen.  At the time, the Institute had an ongoing experiment on people's ability to telepathically detect the signals or thoughts coming from a partner in another room. 

That experiment in general has shown that, yes, people can to a certain extent pick up the thoughts of a friend who is not with them in the room.  

But he wanted to see if people were unconsciously picking up events in the future as well.  

In the experiment, he had one person in a darkened room with meditative music going on.  Their friend was in another room being shown a randomly selected image to focus on, like a cow, or tree, or landscape, or something violent like a car crash. 

The person who was the receiver, would then speak a stream of consciousness into a recorder, and they'd later check to see if that reciever person was picking up the image shown to their partner in the other room.  Got it?  

Well Dean Radin decided after 9/11 to go back over the tapes of people who'd got it wrong, tapes of people who had NOT been able to telepathically pick up what their partner was seeing.  And sure enough, several of those who FAILED to pick up their partner's thoughts, were seeing planes crashing into buildings or other scenes of devastation that resembled 9/11.  

So, experiment showed that we are affected by events that are happening in the present and future. If those events are extreme, like 9/11, we might have trouble concentrating on less important events.

Hey, does anyone here who has success reading the future or detecting others' feelings have trouble paying attention? 

BlueBelle, 2ndfdl, CC21 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

The Global Consciousness Project, started at Princeton School of Engineering in the 1990's attempts  to measure waves of energy cast by unusual extreme events that cause humans around the world to be thinking the same thing at once -- like 9/11, the death of Princess Diana, and other world events. They found that indeed computers show a disruption in their processes when a big event happens. If computers feel the disruption, then it follows that people do as well, both consciously and unconscioiusly. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnvJfkI5NVc

UP until recently, you could log on and see the data coming in.  They have two decades of data.  

I could not find it just now, so I suspect they aren't running those computers any more. But their findings remain and are impressive. And anyway, I know they are correct.  

Skeptics, of course, do their best to bash anything psychic, but there will always be fundamentalists whose closed minds make it their life mission to bash this stuff. I pay zero attention to them and brush them off like knats.  They tend to have less intellilgence, and doubt the data analsysis but are fine with the exact same data analysis procedures the pharmaceutical industry uses  to determine whether a drug works. So pay them no mind. Go with what you sense and know. 

The Global Consciousness project is the only largescale objective evidence of a Global Mind. But I don't need evidence. I experience the Global Mind everyday.  Just thought someone here might be interested in learning about it. 

Isabelle, DayDreamMoonlight, Maggieci and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Want to tag a few inquiring minds to see this discussion and perhaps give their thoughts.  @cc21 @raincloud @seeker4 @tonyaw @Clara @seaholly @thehappymedium @bluebelle @deetoo @tgraf66 @marigold @lenor @arman @lizzi @baba @Andrew 

Pay no mind if I missed tagging you. Everyone in this community is important to this discussion. 

Isabelle, CC21, raincloud and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@marigold)
Noble Member Registered

This is so fascinating. Here is a go at some first thoughts.

I wonder if reading the future is possible because the future is already unfolding in the present. Because actions in the past - far back or recent – have set up a future. And maybe the closer we are to whatever future we are reading the more precise the vision/perceiving/knowing.

But have also been reading The Order of Time by physicist Carlo Rovelli, the premise of which is that we still don’t know how time actually works, that it is not linear, that time:

“is like holding a snowflake in your hands: gradually as you study it, it melts between your fingers and vanishes. We conventionally think of time as something simple  and fundamental that flows uniformly, independently from everything else, from the past to the future, measured by clocks and watches. In the course of time, the events of the universe succeed each other in an orderly way:  pasts, presents, futures. The past is fixed, the future open...and yet all of this has turned out to be false.”  

That time as we know it is basically socially and culturally constructed starting in 14th century Europe, when people’s lives started to be regulated by clocks and we had the beginning of the clock-regulated era.

Rovelli goes into many things that make my head swim, and I have not yet been able to grasp it all and make the shift to dwell in his conceptions. I guess that was how it was for the flat earthers centuries ago. I will see if I can begin to dwell with this and report back.

It is easier (for me anyway) to dwell in these conceptions in dream time or meditation rather than trying to work it out cognitively. Especially dream time where anything is possible. We can fly through the air in our bodies, meet famous people dead and alive, view the future, go to the past, perceive via metaphors and symbols.

And yes I SO have trouble paying attention! Especially to verbally delivered material – a lecture (mind wanders), directions/instructions (don’t remember detail unless I write down or draw the content). Drawing is best, especially maps which I love. I can get anywhere with a map but am totally discombobulated by trying to follow GPS voice instructions and do not have it in my car!

Isabelle, Maggieci, BlueBelle and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@marigold I love the abundance of thinking in your post. 

The snowflake melting concept is probably an allusion to the  double slit/superpositionexperiments in physics that showed that energy is both in wave form and in quantum (packet) form, and if you are observing light in it's wave form where an object can be everywhere at once, then the superposition of those photons falls apart.  Here is a great way to understand this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1YqgPAtzho

Vesta, CC21, Lauren and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jd1960)
Reputable Member Registered

I remember hearing an interview that Art Bell did with Dean Radin about 20 + years ago, on this subject. It was quite interesting...

Vesta, CC21, Lauren and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@jd1960 Yeah, that YouTube I posted is 20 years old, and quantum physics is a hundred years old, but most people still have trouble believing that reality is not linear and we can see, feel, hear, even smell objects and people's minds across space and time. Small children experience it and accept it, though.

ghandigirl, Vesta, CC21 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@marigold I also have felt at times that an event was set on a course long before it happened, especially when it involves decisions. I've seen it in my own life.  But is it true that everything is predetermined and when we see the future, we are tapping into the outcome of an event that was always going to happen, but that we find it easier to see as we get closer to that event?

Once when I was a young woman and grappling with a huge crisis that had happened to me and my own actions that led to the crisis, I was alone sitting on the edge of my bed just wrapping my head around it all and a voice came through that said first, that I would be all right, and second, that everything down to the tiniest detail is predetermined according to the laws of physics. I don't think I believe that, but those were the words coming at me from a strange far away voice. 

Isabelle, Maggieci, 2ndfdl and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@raincloud)
Famed Member Registered

@jeannemayell @marigold 

Jeanne, I love your use of "turbulence."

It would take a lot of time and cogitation to respond thoughtfully both of your posts, but I just want to say, yes, yes, yes! A physicist rocked my world decades ago when he asserted in a lecture that all time is simultaneous. I suspect that our human brains may not be capable of grasping "reality" and the multiverse in all of its complexities.

Decades ago, the Seth Material (both the name of one of the first books and what I call all the collection of books by Jane Roberts) expanded my world view considerably and though I can now think of a few concepts that deserve some debate, the material was substantial enough to be accepted by, and permanently housed in the Sterling Library at Yale.

So, if time is an illusion, and there are parallel universes, then could one not only affect the future but also change the past? And perhaps a person can even chose a different trajectory into a different "official" future from the one a person is currently in?

I know from my own precognitive dreams, that sometimes we get warnings that offer us the chance to avoid negative outcomes, but to the question of the signaling of and perceptions of major future negative events, it would seem that collectively, we have chosen that event for some reason, though the reason may not be a good one.

As a child of six, I used to worry my mother because I became deeply curious about the meaning of life and what was "out there" in the universe. She was sufficiently disconcerted to ask my friends' parents to tell their children not to discuss such topics with me. But I gather that many young children have "psychic" abilities until the culture teaches them not to. Oh, and, yes, I have trouble focusing.

Do we create our own reality as Seth and probably a number of other teachers maintained? That and all of the other fascinating topics mentioned in the previous posts have occupied my thoughts throughout my life. No doubt many others on this forum could say something similar which is one reason I treasure this virtual companionship.

PS Marigold, I just discovered Carlo Rovelli!

PSS The big question I want answered from the Global Mind when I transition out of this earthly realm is why humans must suffer-- the earthquake in Turkey, wars, famine, etc.? Of course, I am merely the trillionth person to ask that question, but I want it answered!!!

Isabelle, DayDreamMoonlight, Maggieci and 6 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 CC21
(@cc21)

@jeanne-mayell @raincloud @marigold

I love this topic of discussion! Such a fascinating one to me, and like others here, hard to wrap one's head around. When you first posted this and tagged me, I did a quick search and came across a blog post that described time and space as follows:

"When people think that celestial changes or seasonal changes associated with the Earth's position around the Sun are time, it's like thinking that a fish swimming in an aquarium is water. In fact, a tank is like space, and water is like time. Water fills the tank, and it's everywhere. If it wasn't, the fish wouldn't be able to move and would be dead, despite all the space in the aquarium.

Time itself is neither linear nor circular. It does not flow or move but allows others to do so. So the cycles we observe have nothing to do with time, except that time will enable them to exist. Time is attached to each part of space, forming a space-time continuum, and as everything moves, vibrates, changes, it is related to the fact that time is a dimension that allows change, and spatial dimensions enable things to be in different places. When these things change position, it's because time allows it to happen. No time, no change, no nothing."

I thought it was an interesting analogy. It basically matches the idea that time is all around us and all "timelines" exist simultaneously. 

https://www.theplantnews.com/post/ask-the-plant-is-time-linear-or-circular-a-confused-physicist#:~:text=Time%20itself%20is%20neither%20linear,will%20enable%20them%20to%20exist.

I also love your discussion of the Global Consciousness Project (I remember you mentioning that a few years ago.) It makes total sense and it is so fun to see data to back that up.

Your question about paying attention is an interesting one -- I am not sure if I have trouble paying attention to smaller things, but rather, when I am distracted by daily stressors (practicalities, current problems, etc.) I find it hard to relax enough to take the broader perspective and perception that often allows those visions and predictions and sensations to come into my awareness. Does that make sense? Once things calm down or if there is a breather, it is much easier to throw cards or ponder and perceive less "solid" things. 

I will say it again - love this discussion and look forward to reading more replies!

Isabelle, Maggieci, Marigold and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@freya)
Noble Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell I lOVE this thread!  Sources of info on this complicated subject welcome. Have read Raden … and am aware of the Consciousness Project measuring computer reaction prior to large global events, etc… anyone have other suggestions?  Wish I could find a class in it!  Monroe?  Or IONS? Humm. 

Maggieci, Lauren, raincloud and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@freya I taught his project in my Intuitive Way classes that I think you may have attended! Years back, I ordered a four dvd set about the Princeton Engineering graduate program where it was first created.  Fascinating.  I would be happy to explain that project to anyone who wants to know.

Maggieci, Lauren, Freya and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

I think Coyote would have loved this conversation and would have definitely participated.  

As for me, I am really enjoying it.  

I am also trying to imagine fish water and aquariums in a new way thanks to @cc21

@jeanne-mayell thank you for reminding us of the Consciousness Project.

@rainbow, your pondering reminds me of the t.v. show Timeless and how they kept going back in time to try and save their original timeline.

This discussion also reminds me of the Mandela Effect.  While I believe people can claim things are Mandel Effects when they are instead simply confusing similar yet different facts and events,  I have definitely experienced a few Mandela Effects myself.  It makes me wonder how a timeline simply changes and alters some basic "facts" which no longer are true

Isabelle, DayDreamMoonlight, Tiger-n-Owl and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Posted by: @cc21

"When people think that celestial changes or seasonal changes associated with the Earth's position around the Sun are time, it's like thinking that a fish swimming in an aquarium is water. In fact, a tank is like space, and water is like time. Water fills the tank, and it's everywhere. If it wasn't, the fish wouldn't be able to move and would be dead, despite all the space in the aquarium.

Time itself is neither linear nor circular. It does not flow or move but allows others to do so. So the cycles we observe have nothing to do with time, except that time will enable them to exist. Time is attached to each part of space, forming a space-time continuum, and as everything moves, vibrates, changes, it is related to the fact that time is a dimension that allows change, and spatial dimensions enable things to be in different places. When these things change position, it's because time allows it to happen. No time, no change, no nothing."

What a great analogy.  The earth is spinning 24 hour light cycles (towards the sun, away from the sun) and at the same time we are orbiting the sun, falling into it bit by bit. And because we so egocentricallly think that the universe is just the sun and the earth, we think that our orbit is time,  i.e. minutes, hours, days, years. But it's just marking our position in this big fish tank relative to the sun. That's all. We age as we orbit, but aging is not time. Meanwhile we are just a spec in the universe, as is our sun. 

Perhaps when my colleague Pam felt three months in advance the shock and wonder that she felt when the Boston Marathon bombing happened, it was because the event made such a big wave in the fish tank that we felt it?  (To be in Boston during that time was so crazy weird. We were told for a full week not to use the highways.  They closed the roads so they could catch those guys. We were stunned by that. Pam lived on the same block as the shootout. So she was seeing her own future too when she exclaimed three months in advance, Nobody's going to understand any of this!"  She didn't even know what "this" was! Little did we know that we were in for more stunners with Trump's fascism followed by Covid  when the nearly the entire world shut down.) 

Then there are the knowings I've had about climate change, many years in advance, that have come true. I felt those were unconscious calculations I was making from feeling that they were simply closer in the fish tank than science was predicting.  I could feel how close they were.

Sometimes it feels like I have a different kind of calculating system in my brain than othe people. Here is what I mean: when we are walking down the road and seeing a car coming towards us in the distance, our brains actually create triangles to calculate how far they are from us.  We estimate their true size and see how small they look and create a geometric equation in our minds ot figure out how soon it will take the to reach us. Animals do this calculation too, some with remarkable accuracy.  

When I first started reading climate articles 15 years ago, I knew climate change was coming much faster. I knew when they said one foot sea level rise by 2100 that it would be more like 20 feet and greater-- 80 feet -- in some places. I just knew. I must have one of those geometric calculating systems in my visual imagination that sees that that that future is closer than others are calculating. 

Isabelle, DayDreamMoonlight, deetoo and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 CC21
(@cc21)

@lovendures I was thinking of the show Timeline, too! We loved that one. Yes, you wonder what history or facts that we take as 100% true may have possibly been altered?? 

@jeanne-mayell Really interesting way to look at how you perceive the timeframes in your visions. A triangulation that you just have in that perception that allows you to "know" with certainty that it will be a certain way. I like this idea of reflecting on our own "perception systems" and comparing to how others perceive. Sometimes it is similar, but usually a unique-to-each-person system that we learn, with time and experience, to understand. Probably why it makes it so hard to quantify or measure in a traditional study.

Watching TV psychics before I got involved with this group, it is easy to say they are making this up or it sounds too vague. But after having seen what everyone here does and taken your class and analyzing how I am receiving/perceiving makes me realize we all are trying to interpret in our own context.

Isabelle, DayDreamMoonlight, Tiger-n-Owl and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@freya)
Noble Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell yes please … a more detailed review of Princeton’s  consciousness project would be very interesting to me.

PamP, deetoo, Lauren and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Inattentiveness and intuition

Some of you have told me you have been diagnosed with ADD or ADHD and wonder if it's due to being especially intuitive or some pathology or broken part of your mind that requires medication or treatment. There are many different underlying processes in the body that result in a diagnosis of inattentiveness.  

If you got an ADD or ADHD diagnosis, your medical professional would have taken it from  DSM-5 (Diagnostic & Statistical  Manual of Mental Disorders 2013 Fifth Edition.  You can find a summary of the latest version of the DSM-5 here - ADD DSM-5 Summary from CDC, although it's just a summary and incomplete).

While the DSM is useful and derived from extensive research, it pathologizes you. It interprets symptoms you may have as brokenness.  So beware of pathologizing yourself because believing you are broken is harmful and undermines you and leads to strong medications which you may or may not need. 

Again, the DSM is an important tool, and worth reading, but consider what it doesn't say: it omits the possibility that when you are not paying attention to the teacher or the book, you are actually paying attention to something more important that other people are not seeing. 

My theory about ADD and intuition comes to this: 

Ask yourself, what are you actually paying attention to when you think you are not paying attention? 

The mind is always paying attention to something. So you are paying attention to something, just not the words that someone may be saying to you or the lines in the book you are reading.  Just because a child isn't listening to the teacher doesn't mean he is broken. (now someone here is going to get upset and say that many children are helped by the ADD diagnosis because they get the drug that helps them pay attention). I'm not against the DSM or drugs, but consider a more holistic perspective than assuming the problem is with the child. 

We have antennae picking up waves of consciousness from the environment. Highly empathic intuitive people are busy picking up waves of consciousness from near and far.  Their minds may be busy sorting out and prioritizing the most important signals they are getting, and tossing out or archiving the less important.  

1. If you are both intuitive and highly empathic:

Intuitive empathic people may be unable to hear words coming from someone who is actually not emotionally present while they are talking. The intuitive empathic person may be instead focused on what the speaker is actually feeling inside while they are talking. 

Example: the tour director for the travel tour I was on last fall was talking to us non stop throughout the tour. I started picking up her sadness, even grief, and  how disassociated she was, that there was a lot going on inside her emotionally while she was talking to us. I found myself tuning out her lectures and instructions and hearing her underlying issues.

At one point, I was staring at her as she was giving us instructions about where we were going to meet the next day, and after she finished and asked if we had any questions, I asked her where we were going to meet the next day.  Another, judgmental woman on the tour, stared at me, feigning disbelief, and rolling her eyes at me and said so all could hear, "You're kidding, Jeanne!  She just told us that!" At first I was embarrassed, and turned my body away from her.  But then I realized that while the tour director was speaking, I was focused on a louder signal from her -- that she was in grief about her life. We later spoke and she let her story spill out. She never wants to go home because she discovered that her long time partner has affairs and she is saving up for a home of her own and a way to leave the relationship.  But this grief was so strong to me that I tuned out her words to us.   

2. If you are both intuitive and dealing with trauma. The mind constantly prioritizes what signals it's going to hear.  You might be focusing on processing your trauma, or some important truth you are picking up that helps you heal and so you wouldn't able to process less important information. 

3. Forgetfulness: Brain hygiene is important. You need to constantly clear out and trash or archive less important signals and data coming in so you might think you are just too absent minded when you are attending to important work.

Compare a creative intuitive mind with someone who has a photographic memory and never forgets anything. I've known people with photographic memories who lacked common sense. They have too much data inside. They don't know how to throw out or prioritize less important data.  Whereas some highly intuitive people notice the important data.

Finally, I learned long ago that prisoners and CEO's both have a higher incidence of learning disorders than the regular population.  Prisoners and CEO's.  People who could not navigate mainstream living and people who became leaders  have this same quality in common.  I don't know how that breakdown with ADD/ADHD diagnoses,

but for me that data means that some people who have exceptional wiring that can make it harder for them to manage in life. But if they can manage that exceptional wiring, they can become leaders. 

Also the human psyche is immensely complex, affected by nature and nurture, ie., by genetic pre-disposition and environmental factors. So there are no simple rules here. That said, I know that there are ADD/ADHD people out there are who gifted not broken. Also the schools have long pathologized and drugged gifted children rather than pathologizing the education system and finding a way to teach them properly. 

Isabelle, DayDreamMoonlight, Saga and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3
Share: