Notifications
Clear all

Predictions for the Decades Ahead

(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

I have been posting these predictions on the site's main Prediction Page for years, but I'm posting them here for discussion.  Perhaps people will ask questions to stimulate more predictions and/or add their own visions to this thread for the long term. I want to emphasize that taken apart, some of these predictions could look grim, but I feel quite hopeful about the world we will be entering. Overall, we are going to become a more earth-centered, female centered, caring world. 

Summary of the Decade Ahead

Pandemic, Economy, Politics, Climate

Overview: After decades of descending towards a break-down,  in 2020 our civilization hit bottom and will now begin to rise back up, although it won’t happen linearly,  or all at once.  It will happen in a spiral, in the same way that it unraveled, in fits and starts. Sometimes it will feel like we are progressing, and then it will feel like we have come full circle. But spirals are circles that are moving forward. So over time, we will see that we are on the way to a new paradigm. We will recover from the virus, discover that we are all radically interconnected, and, gradually, we will begin to care for the earth and each other.  Women, and feminine energy of caring will dominate our leadership.

As global warming accelerates, more will feel the pain of it, and more will begin take progressive action.  By 2028, I see a recovery from the collapse of old ways, and respect for life in a way we have not known in our lifetime. At the same time, the greatest challenges are ahead because climate change will take off in earnest as we enter the next decade.  Seas will begin to rise then in a way that all will take notice.  I am not sure how much seas will rise per decade.  I think 10 feet by the end of the century, but it could be 20. These numbers are much higher than most scientists are predicting.

As for what it will look like in the next few decades, I only can say that something will start us rolling in the 2030's that will have everyone knowing we must do something about climate change.  And many will know that coastal properties are not for the long term.We can and will grieve about this unspeakable loss, but in the end, we are headed for a kinder, more caring world. We are, in short, evolving as human beings.

Politics:  I  do not feel the Republican Party of Trump will see another presidency although they will certainly try.  It will be a hard battle for democracy and progressives will need all hands on deck to help win it.  In a 2015 meditation of the late 2020’s, I saw a vision of an elephant crying as the party’s numbers fizzle to a small fringe minority.  The trauma people suffered from the GOP-led policies will haunt their party for years to come.    Moderate Republicans will try to restore the party’s popularity by shifting the brand, but the country’s youth is coming of age, and they are progressive. Stay tuned for more visions on this issue.

Increasingly states will take matters into their own hands, defying federal mandates. In 2014, 15, 16, 17, 18, and 2019, I predicted that we would see greater state separation from the Federal government in the 2020’s.  I wrote that California would come close to a separate country. I’ve had a number visions since 2011 of people on both sides of the political spectrum defying Washington, especially in rural areas, but also in California, and other states with large urban populations. This decentralization of America is going to increase both in red and blue states.

Pandemic: Covid and its variants will be with us through 2021 and 2022. It will change the way we live.  In some parts of the country,  people who refuse vaccination will be shunned by those who are vaccinated. People will try to  protect themselves with regular covid testing. Many will seek regular boosters to stay protected, but they will also be cautious, wear masks, and socially distance. Eventually covid protection and treatment will be available in the drug stores.

Rise of Electric Cars and gas-free technologies will cause a profound change in America and around the world:  We are going electric during the 2020’s. Electric charging  stations will become an amenity at hotels, parking lots (for a fee) malls and highways.  The car mechanic industry will change and decline since electric cars require much less maintenance. Faster charging will enable people to drive longer distances.   Road pollution will plummet.  During the 2030’s  gas-powered engines will become outlawed. Solar power and wind energy will rise. New fossil-fuel technologies will soar.  Zero carbon homes with heat pumps, solar, and a new form of pollution-free energy will replace fossil fuel. The government will provide rebates and discounts to enable people to retrofit their homes with zero-carbon technology.

Rise of New Generation of Progressives: I have seen a growing population of progressive young people who are already busy carving a path to a better world. They are multicultural, iconoclastic and anti-establishment. They pursue sustainability, fairness to the working person and middle class, and hard work. They will show toughness and courage in the years ahead. Many are spiritual, rather than religious, developing their own beliefs rather than following an organized religion.  I see many of them living off the grid or nearly off the grid in small homes.

The Supreme Court, largely shaped by Trump and the Republicans, will become increasingly at odds with the progressive direction of America. Working behind the scenes, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, will be sitting among them in spirit and whispering in their ears.  I saw the most conservative of them ten years from now as emotionally ailing, toxic, and well aware that they had become irrelevant. Amy Conant Barrett will be an anachronism, even to her church, which itself will become split as the elders die out. Kavanaugh will become defiant and embattled, leaning heavily on some woman to protect his little boy self, as the press denigrates him.  Clarence Thomas will have resigned, the toxicity within him having reached such great levels, that he just has to leave to clean himself out.

Climate and earth: In 2010, I had a vivid vision (vividness is a sign of accuracy) that around 2026-8, the American Heartland will face an epic thousand year drought.  The aquifer that has watered the American breadbasket for centuries runs dry.  These changes will shift how we live and how we treat the earth.  Heat will begin surging during this decade and by 2030, everyone on this earth will understand the climate crises is here.

Long before the the seas start to overwhelm the coasts, coastal property owners will get hit with skyrocketing flood insurance, along with more frequent storms.  I made that prediction ten years ago and now it is starting to unfold. In the late 2020’s and early 2030’s coastal property owners will then begin to sell and move, hoping to beat the falling property values.  Seas will begin to flood coastal properties in earnest in the 2030’s. By 2040, seas will have risen 2-3 feet.  By 2075, 10 feet, and by 2100, 20 feet or more. While these numbers are radically higher than current scientific predictions, I feel they are conservative.

We will see a rise in unprecedented storms, including tornados, hurricanes, and other forms of storming never before experienced in size, power, windspeed and destruction. We will see firestorms as well in unprecedented size and power.

By the end of the decade, many on the West coast U.S. will begin migrating east and north for more moist areas and north where it is cooler. Canada will tighten its border and immigration rules. On the eastern seaboard, people will begin retrofitting their homes and businesses to protect from flood waters and humidity and mold.  There will be building code changes as homes and our infrastructure accommodate the surging heat, storms and extreme weather conditions. New homes will will be built below ground instead of above ground, with the ground floor being the highest floor.

Like children returning to their mother, humans will huddle in the earth for protection from the heat and storms.

Lifestyle changes: A few of the changes resulting from climate change:

• Chasing Winter (instead of summer) In the 2030’s and 40’s people who can afford to travel will chase winter to escape the fierce heat the way they now chase summer, heading for the Southern Hemisphere when it is winter there and returning to the northern hemisphere when it is winter there.
  • The tiny homes industry will flourish, as people move to open land in the north and buying arable land and homesteading will become popular among young American families.
  • Below-ground homes and other home construction changes will abound in the late 2020’s and throughout the 2030’s.
  • The disaster restoration industry will flourish because of storms, flooding and fires.
  • Rise of rail travel: Around the world, especially in Europe, many will jettison cars for clean energy and highly accessible rail travel.
  • The most vulnerable areas to floods and fires from climate change will begin to lose value first with soaring home insurance rates, then become uninsurable altogether. Property values of these homes will plummet in these areas as people migrate.
  • Coastal communities will at first try to build hurricane barriers or other methods to hold back the rising seas. These high cost bandages will work for a while to hold up property values, but only long enough for investors to sell before the inevitable collapse.  Taxpayers should beware of government schemes, driven by property investors, to get them to pay for sea rise protection which will not work over time.
  • I see acres of greenhouses with flexible roofs to adapt to extremes in rainfall.
  • In the 2030’s, Canada and higher cooler elevations will become desirable, with millions migrating to their better climate with arable soil.
  • People with foresight will buy large tracts of arable land in Canada and set up cluster living around the farms. Families will live in tiny homes on the properties, and gather together for cooperative living.
  • New permaculture farming techniques brought back from ancient times will help us adapt. I have seen the spirits or ancient people rising from the land to help us survive.

PamP, tbs, CC21 and 39 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

I posted these predictions at 9:16 am EDT.  At exactly 10:34 AM, the only climate scientist who I feel knows or is willing to write about what is coming, James Hanson, issued his monthly report to my in-box.  I haven't read his reports before - too hard to follow the jargon. But given that I had just posted my predictions here, I realized there was a reason I felt something pushing me to arise early and update my climate predictions this morning.

Hanson is the leading climate scientist who also has the intuitive sense to know what is likely to happen AND isn't afraid to post it. The media has never liked his predictions, saying they are too radical. The fossil fuel industry has tried to destroy him.  But then he turned out to be right so far. I knew he would.  My guides are ancient indigenous shamans who know. The title of Hansen's latest article: The Big Climate Short will dwarf Wall Street’s 2007-2008 Big Short.

He's talking about how woefully understated climate predictions have been. He says "We conclude that the 1.5°C target (that the UN determined we have to stay below to avoid catastrophic warming) certainly will be exceeded, and the world will almost certainly blow through the 2°C ceiling."  

Maybe Hanson is where I get my visions, although he does not put out the sea level rise numbers like I do. 

His scientific jargon escapes me so if anyone can translate his calculations into sea level rise, do let us know. I see it all happening faster than they dare predict.

Glaciologists don't know enough about the inner mechanics of glacial collapse to predict. And they don't dare to predict it aloud. But they are nervous. 

Please don't catastrophize these predictions into a Hollywood apocalyptic scenario of people running for their lives while Don Johnson saves his daughter. There will be time for people to move away from the coasts once the seas rise in earnest. And like Hansen, I believe by 2050 we won't be burning fossil fuels any more.  We will survive, and be better in so many ways. 

PamP, CC21, FEBbby23 and 35 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@paul-w)
Noble Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell , I've been telling my Florida coastal friends for years that it won't be Greta Thunberg that drives them from their homes, it will be the insurance industry. I just hope that Congress doesn't try to interfere to hold down rates like they have in the past (federal flood insurance).

PamP, matildagirl, FEBbby23 and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lawrence)
Illustrious Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell Love this! Happy Holidays to you and to all the members of this Forum.

PamP, FEBbby23, Lauren and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@matildagirl)
Famed Member Registered

Good morning all,

Most of the predictions and thoughts are in the context of the Northern hemisphere and I am wondering about life down in the Southern Hemisphere.

80% of Australians live within the coastal zone and mainly on the east coast. We have the great dividing range behind us and the sea in front so perhaps not a lot of wriggle room as waters rise. I live in a very pretty part of the world near the sea just up from Sydney. Made sure the house we bought was up high, so I will be long gone before my home affected, so wondering generally for Australians.

Also NZ were I go regularly to see my husbands family and driving along beside the sea on one side across the Canterbury plains to Dunedin. It’s as flat as a billiard table and the largest farm district of New Zealand. I don’t know about the South of Africa or the lower areas of South America. I guess being a bit on the selfish side, does anyone have any thoughts on how we may fare.

Regards to all

PamP, FEBbby23, Kateinpdx and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@marigold)
Noble Member Registered

Yes, for sure a two foot sea rise will have a massive impact on the coastal US.  Here is an interactive map, you can set the level of sea rise: https://coast.noaa.gov/digitalcoast/tools/slr.html

It is stunning and as Jeanne predicts becoming a reality...i guess maybe organizations and governments are rejecting these estimates as the implications are so massive?

@Matildagirl Here is a link for looking at maps for sea level  rise (calculated in meters) for parts of coastal Australia. https://www.coastalrisk.com.au/home

PamP, FEBbby23, lenor and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@matildagirl)
Famed Member Registered

@marigold well there goes my suburb but my street is still Ok but could be considered a waterfront property. It’s so sad to think it will be coming to this, so many lovely beaches and areas, so much beauty going. 

Bugger

Regards to all.

PamP, FEBbby23, lenor and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@marigold)
Noble Member Registered

@matildagirl I know it's wild. Nature recovers pretty quickly, maybe you will be able to walk on the beach of a morning!

PamP, FEBbby23, lenor and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@matildagirl)
Famed Member Registered

@marigold that will be a bit hard, I am not on the ocean side of the waterways here. I have no view of water at the moment, just peoples roofs and lots of trees. Have lots of beaches around here now for walking.

I am going to be selfish here but I am glad that I won’t be here to see it unfolding when it starts to really kick in. If anyone has a great idea to reverse or stop it happening, Speak up now. Maybe paint all the mountain ranges white.

I think I might be lucky not being blessed or cursed with seeing the future. 

Regards to all

PamP, FEBbby23, Marigold and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@lawrence  Happy Holidays!

PamP, FEBbby23, Jeanne Mayell and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@marigold,  @matildagirl I am not sure about the amount of sea level rise by the end of the 30's. I got ahead of myself when I wrote in the predictions, "I'm thinking 2 feet."

But  I realized that what I was really feeling intuitively was simply that something  is going to start rolling during the next decade that will get everyone on earth focused on climate change. Finally.

I think it will be an acceleration in melting glaciers, but I don't know what it will amount to by then.

I haven't been able to shake the feeling for many years that we will see 10 feet sea rise and possibly 20 feet by end of century.  But that's the only date with numbers that I have gotten from spirit. The 2 foot number was not so solid, so I'm going to withdraw it for now and see what comes up in future meditations. 

CC21, PamP, FEBbby23 and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@marigold)
Noble Member Registered

Maybe it is "not if but when" and likely sooner rather than later. Duke geologist/earth scientist Orrin Pilkey has for decades advocated for abandoning development of the SE U.S. sea coast and barrier islands, and predicts a 3-8 foot sea rise by 2100 using models of information that is ever changing as glaciers melt and land forms shift, sometimes suddenly. I have followed his work for years, having been deeply impressed as a child by the power of the ocean with memories of hurricanes - new inlets cut, etc.

There is a paywall at this publication but I think one can have at least one free view:

https://www.postandcourier.com/opinion/commentary/commentary-how-to-survive-the-coming-catastrophe-at-the-coast/article_89b33b48-bcd6-11eb-ad93-cfc9ab281421.html

Maybe the sea level rise will, at least in places on the SE Atlantic coast in the US, eventually create easy access for all to make day trips only to visit the wild beauty of all our beaches.  I can hope.

PamP, Vesta, FEBbby23 and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jaidy)
Noble Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell I was excited to see the swift and wholehearted adoption of electric vehicles- I am curious though regarding the initial cost how new drivers and low income drivers will be able to get into the car market. Even w generous gov subsidies I can see equity being a huge problem. I realize prices will drop but it still seems like a luxury purchase to drive ev. My family owns a service and collision repair biz and I have been around the car industry my whole life I wonder how things will shake out- dealerships will lose a massive amount of income as most rely on their service department to stay in the green. Either way, I look forward to my first EV. 

matildagirl, Vesta, FEBbby23 and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@febbby23)

@jeanne-mayell thank you for the insight. We must learn to love and care for our Mother (Earth).  Merry Christmas and happy holidays to everyone on the forum.  You’ve all helped me avoid the breakdown I sometimes feel creeping in.  Blessing and peace to all in the New Year. ???

PamP, Vesta, Jeanne Mayell and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@jaidy In the new car market, there are EV's you can buy with tax credits and rebates that get the price down to $20,000. Without any tax credits, the cheapest is going to be $28K right now. But people should shop for those rebates and credits because they are likely to increase.

Plus, you can't not include the large amount you save in repairs over time and at the gas pump.  But it's true that if you cannot afford a new car, the EV's are so new that it's likely impossible to find a used one for say, $5,000. 

Right now the Nissan Leaf 2022 will be down to $19,365 with the $7500 tax credit and a $1500 rebate in some states.  The tax credit is only as good as your tax bill, though. It comes right off your income taxes, so if if you owe less than $7500, you save less. 

While checking these prices, I noticed an amazing deal in my state (MA) that was available in 2019 with Nissan and National Grid which gave $12,000 and in some cases $15K in discounts. So researching the deals in your state pays off. 

I also noticed that before Manchin crashed the BBB bill, there was a $12,500 tax credit in it for EV cars.  With a deal like that, and eventually there will be one that passes, many taxpayers will be able to buy new EV's for about $15,000. As more people buy EV's,  the prices should come down due to volume. As climate change ramps up, EV's will be more accessible to people. 

PamP, Vesta, matildagirl and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jaidy)
Noble Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell yes I have been following for some time and have even been shopping getting solar panels (also heavily rebated- waiting to see if bbb increases rebates) so that I can further capitalize on the benefits of getting an ev. Because my family employs so many mechanics my hope is that those who work in that profession begin to see the writing on the wall and plan accordingly. Climate change and the pandemic have shown how tough it can be for those who take a wait and see approach or underestimate the swift changes coming. 
also as a teacher in an urban area I think a lot about how this market will be difficult for low income families to break into. If ev don’t need repairs and the same upkeep I do wonder what the resale market will look like. I have driven a hybrid for the last ten years and I know even they are hard to find used. I know these things will shake out and am really excited to see how they effect positive change on our environment. I don’t believe there need to be overwhelming concern if we plan now for these changes to come. 

PamP, Maggieci, Jeanne Mayell and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@matildagirl)
Famed Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell I wish

Here a Nissan Leaf is $53,190, the cheapest EV in Aus is a MGZS EV and is $44990. The cheapest Tesla is Model 3 $59,900 and a Hyundai Kona $57419.

We might need a change of government to improve things, and the cars will get cheaper as time goes on. The main problem is we are a small market and EVs will be fine in the cities but I wouldn’t want to take one across the Nullarbor. There is an awful lot of nothing much out there in the outback and it is vast.

If they could come up with a car that charges itself from solar panels incorporated in its build straight to its battery that would solve lots of range problems and charging times, with the amount of sun we get here we would be laughing. Wouldn’t that be great.

Regards to all

PamP, Maggieci, PamP and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @matildagirl

If they could come up with a car that charges itself from solar panels incorporated in its build straight to its battery that would solve lots of range problems and charging times, with the amount of sun we get here we would be laughing. Wouldn’t that be great. 

Like the father in Honey, I Shrunk the Kids!  He drove a crazy looking solar car.   A lot of people who have EV's also set up home solar. Or you can buy an EV plugin-in hybrid that gives you electric,  and gas when you need it. I think they are going to give us greater range over time and hotels, malls and gas stations, will start offering charging stations. I'm sorry it is so expensive in Australia.

PamP, Luminous, Lauren and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@raincloud)
Famed Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell 

I hope someone "sees" a solution to power storage coming. I work to promote renewable energy and EVs in my community but there is a hitch; until we find a way to store power from wind and solar on a large scale, utilities have to have to be ready to provide the same amount of  back up energy to the grid, almost always fossil, in case there is a supply disruption. To avoid damage, wind turbines are shut down when the wind exceeds 55-65 miles per hour, for example. Hopefully, newer versions can be operational at higher wind speeds but at any rate, large scale energy storage is an important missing piece right now.

Nuclear plants do not emit greenhouse gases but they are being shuttered in many places and gas turbines are replacing them because neither solar nor wind can provide the same scale of energy at this point.

An aging grid is another challenge. Much to do...still, go electric when you can. We will green the grid eventually.

PamP, Jeanne Mayell, DannyBoy and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jackofhearts)
Noble Member Registered

@jaidy as an EV owner for 4 years I want to point out the higher up front cost is mitigated by no gasoline, oil changes, oil filters, air filters, coolant etc etc.  most people spend a few hundred dollars a month on this stuff.  When they are no longer required, the savings ends up being more than a higher payment ( for us about 50 a payment ) and electrify ( 60 a month ).  We have saved in excess of 300 a month.

If you really track your cost of operation you might be surprised what is affordable.

As for range it’s getting better and access to fast chargers is improving.  We have driven from Vancouver through the Rockies and back in our EV not a problem.

PamP, Kateinpdx, 2ndfdl and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: