@dracaena All I get is tired... LOL.

ReplyQuote
(@freya)
Noble Member Registered

@dracaena  Adorable and curious about everything including your "tired" cat. ❤️

ReplyQuote
(@lowtide)
Illustrious Member Registered

@dracaena  Could the weight loss be a part of aging? Especially if the tests came back negative.

ReplyQuote
(@dracaena)
Honorable Member Registered

@journeywithme2, @Freya, @lowtide

Thank you for taking the time to read on Gibbs and Bella.  I think you're probably correct in the age difference and Gibbs is probably tired and just getting older.   I worry he feels a lot of anxiety with Bella and hope that's not the case. 

Yes he was tested for intestinal parasites, diabetes and Thyroid disease.  Not sure about renal failure , but did have an exray done.  he lost 2 lbs , although overweight i wouldn't say obese.  

Love & Light, Dracaena

Freya, Jeanne Mayell, Maggieci and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@dracaena then with all those rule outs .. probably is stress... the Feliway should help.Sending animal reiki his way and hers too. 🙏🏻💚🐈🙌🐈‍⬛💚🙏🏻

ReplyQuote
(@dracaena)

@journeywithme2 

Thank you so much for your help!

Love & Light, Dracaena

ReplyQuote
(@annier)
Eminent Member Registered

@dracaena   I did not see your post until late yesterday evening.  My communication with pets is thru meditation.  If indeed, I connected energetically with Bella and Gibbs, here is the information that came thru to me last night.  These two cats are diversely different in personality.  Gibbs came across as a calm, cuddly, loving and laid-back cat who loves to be petted and loved upon.  Bella, on the other hand, can be a bit of hellion at times with a definite attitude.  During my meditation, I did not pick up any stress from either cat.  But definitely there is NOT a bond that has taken place between them.  Gibbs tolerates Bella for the most part but is not "in love" with her.  The word that was repeated many times during my meditation was food.  It initially was difficult to interpret the meaning.  However, as I focused on that word, the feeling became quite strong that Gibbs is dealing with a food allergy.  I could not, however, access any information as to the specifics of the food allergy.  I had a sense Gibbs body is not absorbing the nutrients in the food resulting in weight loss and possibly some discomfort (but please note, I received no sense of any particular discomfort).  Has Gibbs had a change in food?  If not, it could be due to a formulary change by the manufacturer in the food he gets.  Or, perhaps, the allergy has just surfaced.  It is also possible this has been ongoing which is increasing in severity.   I hope this helps as to another possibility to pursue.  The best way to know if I connected with the cats, is whether the information on their personalities has validity and therefore, the rest of the information.

ReplyQuote
(@dracaena)

@annier 

Thank you so much for the reading, I will share with my sister.   We never thought of food allergy, we will investigate that, poor guy.  You got the two perfectly, Gibbs is a lover and just wants to cuddle and hellion is Bella.   We so appreciate the information on food.  

Love & Light, Dracaena. 

ReplyQuote
(@dracaena)

@annier 

I wanted to thank you again for reading Gibbs.  You were spot on with him and the food allergy.  We switched him to boneless skinless chicken breast and rice.  He is already gaining some weight back.   We never thought of an allergy.  Thanks, 

Love & Light

Dracaina

Jeanne Mayell, tybin, Tara Prete and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@annier)
Eminent Member Registered

@dracaena Thank you for the feedback.  I've been almost 100% a lurker on this site.  However, when your post came through, spirit was quite insistent that I connect with the cats.  And, then follow through with a reply to you.  Blessings to you, your sister, and the fur babies.  AnnieR

Jeanne Mayell, tybin, Tara Prete and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

This is Soka, a friend's 8 pound toy poodle.  I'd love to know what people see about her.  She is intensely spirited.  Moves like a rocket.  Will leap into your arms in one bound.  And here she is howling at ambulances in the city.  Can anyone get a sense of how this dog sees herself and her people? Is is normal for a dog to howl with ambulances?

Here's a 4 second clip. Click on it to see it.

ReplyQuote
 anya
(@anya)
Reputable Member Registered

She thinks there is a very loud wolfy dog inside the ambulance howling and so she is responding with her family pack.

ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@jeanne-mayell  Yes... many dogs howl along with sirens... and other sounds can trigger as well. I have a friend whose German Shephard howls along when she plays certain music genres such as opera.

https://www.whole-dog-journal.com/behavior/why-do-dogs-howl-at-sirens/

Highly intelligent and active that little girl is and very bonded with her people. Are there other behavior issues going on such as separation anxiety?  Or is it just the howling with sirens?

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@anya, I love what you wrote and I’m gonna share it with Soka’s  parents. We’re visiting right now. I love that she thinks there might be a dog inside the ambulance. A few years ago when we had huge snowstorm in Boston and we got 100 inches over a few days, we could hear the coyotes howling at night. I think they were trying to find each other in the snow.

@journeywithme2 yes, she is very bonded with her parents and they are away at the moment for couple days. Fortunately, they have a housesitter She likes.  But you are astute in getting how attached she is to her mom and dad. She is after all their only child.  They do have friends with dogs and she’s bonded with them. But her mom tells me that when they walk down the streets of the city, she can be terrified of other dogs she doesn’t know. She It’s a very lovable and intense little girl.

thank you for posting that article, I look forward to reading it and sharing it with her. 

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@journeywithme2 I read the article about howling, and I can tell from Soka’s body language that she’s just passing along the message.  I think she realizes the siren means that people should pay attention; that there’s something people need to know. So she’s passing it along, helping To communicate the signal.

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@journeywithme2 It is lovely to see how much you know about fur babies.  Thank you and @anya again For the insights.

ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@jeanne-mayell  It is my chosen profession and life calling ... and my pleasure to help where I can.

ReplyQuote
Page 29 / 29
Share: