Notifications
Clear all

What if you get sick from giving readings, giving psychotherapy or any form of holistic therapy, energy work, medicine, or just helping others?

(@numerologist)
Noble Member Registered

I love this thread!!

I too use St. Michael's blue coat of protection - daily. And I also have St. Michael place a white light of protection around our cars - 360 degrees, extended to 13 feet. This really works.   

Another thing I use are the violet mirrors - they transmute any negative energy, letting the energy fall to the ground with a 'thud'. I've used this method when I was under a psychic attack by my father's new wife, and it also REALLY worked!!   

Baba, Rohenna, Jeanne Mayell and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ana)
Illustrious Member Registered

Re mirrors:

I am not comfortable using mirrors as shields because I seems to me that if I intentionally reflect back "bad vibes" , I am taking on the role as an agent of Karma.  And I don't think that should be my job.   

That said, sometimes it is necessary.  For several years I had some really nasty neighbors. They were in everybody's business and could not be reasoned with.   I placed mirrors (actual physical mirrors) in the windows of my house on the side facing theirs and made the intention to send the neighbors' energy back to them.   They stopped hassling us, their house was foreclosed on, and they moved.  

Baba, Rohenna, Lauren and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ana)

Posted by: @numerologist

Another thing I use are the violet mirrors - they transmute any negative energy, letting the energy fall to the ground with a 'thud'. I've used this method when I was under a psychic attack by my father's new wife, and it also REALLY worked!!   

Yes!  That is what I prefer to do with shields- let the energy hit them and slide down to the earth to be harmlessly re-absorbed.

Baba, Lauren, numerologist and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@raincloud)
Famed Member Registered

@Jeanne Mayell

Here are two methods I learned from a teacher I like:  For protection and health promotion, she advocates flooding one's torroidal field with rainbow, sparkling, golden energy by envisioning it flowing up through your feet, through the body then out the crown of the head, and cascading over the body. She does not use bubbles or shields because she thinks they can be barriers  for positive energy.

For avoiding illness from working with others, a subject she feels strongly about having known many practitioners who did, in fact, become ill, she outlines a process by which one disengages one's energy from a client and retracts it back through a sieve/screen to dislodge any sticky client-energy to prevent it from entering the therapist/friend/practioner's body.

Baba, Lauren, Jeanne Mayell and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

I love this thread! I have long been the "peace keeper and light bringer" first in my family then in my career as a vet tech. The suicide rate in the veterinary profession is quite high as compared to other careers. A double whammy of working to heal pets and their people and dealing with it all. I absorbed, and released, for all the drs and clinics ,staff that I worked with. A heavy burden at times. I dealt with it by calling on AA Michael and AA Raphael, showers and baths to " release" those energies. I also did grounding meditations as well as this prayer: Father,Mother God, all that is, all that will ever be I release to and ask for cleansing , clearing and transmuting and returning to Divine Essence all negative energy, thoughtforms, patterns and programs and spiritual limitation devices and any hexes or curses leaving me a clean clear field to express Light and Love here" I also asked AA Michael to station his angels at all 4 corners of my property and to place a " cleansing gate at my driveway to clear negativity from all who come on to my property.  I have not heard about the violet purple mirrors - would love to learn more about that?

Baba, BlueBelle, Lauren and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dolphinspirit)
Noble Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell 

When in doubt, I always test to see if my field is strong enough to stay strong with who I am working with. In other words am I strong enough to throw the life preserver without falling in? When empathically reading I remind myself to taste a teaspoon of the stew, not jump in the pot, I also don’t have to ingest it. Just a quick imprint will serve. We can read a situation without completely merging and losing the energetic integrity. Source is always strong enough, but is my body? If not, a prayer and holding loving light for my reaction, lack of neutrality is the way to go. Then I retest my strength. Joel Goldsmith taught healing our reactions and what resides within us also heals others. It’s my favorite consciousness to work from. In this consciousness I listen to the client and clear myself, all associated threads and memories, virus etc. If I am clear so will be the client. It’s another way of being strong to a situation or condition, it also insures our health boundaries are contained and still working in a field of connectivity.

BlueBelle, Lauren, Jeanne Mayell and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@earthangel, I'd love to have a healing bowl.  I don't own any.  The meditation I use is called "Quick 11 min. Chakra Tune-up with Himalayan Singing Bowls."  He uses 7 bowls, one for each chakra.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ar9vsmFhJU

Lauren, Jeanne Mayell, JourneyWithMe2 and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@earthangel)
Famed Member Registered

@deetoo yes that’s their correct name… singing bowls! A dear friend bought one for her young son for processing his Dad’s death as a soothing grounding sound therapy—which was the inspiration to purchase my own. Since then, I refer to them as healing bowls. Honestly, I don’t use mine enough and feel the need for a tutorial. Looking forward to the meditation. :-)))) 

Lauren, Vesta, deetoo and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@frank)
Famed Member Registered

Water is good metaphor to use in understanding energy maintenance. Just like water, energy wants to flow.  The freshest energy flows quickly and freely much like in a brisk mountain stream.  On the other hand, lower energy tends to stagnate, collect detritus and become swampy. Often in our day to day life we encounter pockets of lower energy that can attach to us and temporarily reduce the rate of our own flow.

Because of the effect it has on us, our instinctual reaction to this energy is to block it off and keep it away.  However, I personally have found that energy shields don't often last or work the way we hope because of their inherent nature.  By raising a shield we are creating a stagnant energy body.  Not only does other stagnant energy tend to "stick" to it but it also stifles our own flow and thus impedes us from dissipating the lower energy.  Since energy can be neither created nor destroyed, only changed, the best way to deal with lower energy is to flush it out of our system and send it back into the universe where it can be transformed.

This is why I recommend daily energy hygiene in the same way we practice daily physical hygiene (i.e. brushing teeth, bathing, etc.). One method that I use to do this is an "energy vacuum" visualization:

• First, briefly take a few minutes to bring yourself into a light, relaxed meditative state in whatever way you prefer.  Deep breathing, gentle yogic stretching, reciting a mantra, using a singing bowl or listening to some calming music are a few ways to achieve this. 
  • Begin the energy clearing process by imagining the universe pulling all the lower energy from your body.  I tend to picture the low energy as black dirt covering me from head to toe.  I then picture a giant vacuum connected directly to the universe coming down to suck up all of that gunk, methodically beginning at the feet and slowly continuing all the way up to the head until it is all cleaned away.  As you do this try to imagine not just what it looks like but also what it feels like to have the vacuum pulling on you.  
  • Next, as the dirt is being vacuumed away, picture white light being pulled in to replace it.  Continue to visualize the light flowing through you, energizing you, until you can picture your body positively glowing. 
  • Depending on how heavy I feel or how much interaction I've had with the outside world that day, I may continue the visualization to clean and energize each chakra.
  • At this point, slowly end the clearing process by grounding and reconnecting with your body and the earth.

I also use this method on other people when I am clearing their energy as it greatly reduces the likelihood of me pulling the lower energy into myself and then needing to clear it out later. ❤️ 

BlueBelle, deetoo, Lauren and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

@Frank!  Thank you!  That is a great visual. I appreciate the need to feel the vacuum.  

Which way do you envision the light entering, bottom to top or top to bottom?

BlueBelle, Jeanne Mayell, Lauren and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

Reading this tonight has been unbelievably helpful. Either I have some food poisoning or it's energetic but I have been in pain for a bit now. It became severe  earlier and made me weep  but I knew I needed to distract myself and to breath and reading all these tips has calmed me down and my stomach. It was actually gurgling but as I breath and try these exercises I feel the pain becoming  more manageable.

I also have horrible neighbors who scream all the time, and especially at their two year old. I have befriended him and try to give him as much positive interaction as I can. It is triggering for me and has been going on for a long time now. I will try the mirrors.  

I am trying to just remain calm and expectant for better health. I do feel drained by all this negativity, and I also realize it reminds me of the past when we all were so negative. I am feeling if I can be more protective of myself, these negative energies may bounce right off me into space, and I also am filling my thoughts with happier memories, and forgiving myself. I need to change my own energy BIG TIME.

JourneyWithMe2, BlueBelle, Iridium and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ana)

Posted by: @ghandigirl

It is triggering for me and has been going on for a long time now. I will try the mirrors.  

I hope this works for you!

Intent is very, very important, though.  You will need to clearly visualize the neighbors' energy being reflected by the mirrors. (And keep your emotions out of the visualization because you don't want to be sending *your* anger and frustration at the neighbors. They should just get their own back.) 

Do a little visualization meditation with the mirrors when you set them up, then again a couple times a day until the function becomes established. 

deetoo, JourneyWithMe2, BlueBelle and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@frank)
Famed Member Registered

Posted by: @lovendures

@Frank!  Thank you!  That is a great visual. I appreciate the need to feel the vacuum.  

Which way do you envision the light entering, bottom to top or top to bottom?

I visualize the light entering from all sides following the "dirt" as it moves out... essentially from bottom to top ? 

deetoo, JourneyWithMe2, BlueBelle and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@frank)
Famed Member Registered

Posted by: @frank

Because of the effect it has on us, our instinctual reaction to this energy is to block it off and keep it away.  However, I personally have found that energy shields don't often last or work the way we hope because of their inherent nature.  By raising a shield we are creating a stagnant energy body.  Not only does other stagnant energy tend to "stick" to it but it also stifles our own flow and thus impedes us from dissipating the lower energy.  Since energy can be neither created nor destroyed, only changed, the best way to deal with lower energy is to flush it out of our system and send it back into the universe where it can be transformed.

I just want to clarify that I didn't mean to imply that it is impossible to keep lower energy from mixing with your own, only that a static barrier type of shield often fails to do the job.  Rather than visualizing a bubble, dome or wall type of shield think more in terms of an actively flowing type of "barrier."  For example, try surrounding your self with a whirlpool of energy that whisks the incoming energy up and out into the universe or, alternatively, a cylinder of cascading energy that sends it deep into mother earth to be recycled.  Hope this helps. ❤️ 

Lovendures, Jeanne Mayell, JourneyWithMe2 and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ana)

Posted by: @frank

I just want to clarify that I didn't mean to imply that it is impossible to keep lower energy from mixing with your own, only that a static barrier type of shield often fails to do the job.  Rather than visualizing a bubble, dome or wall type of shield think more in terms of an actively flowing type of "barrier."  For example, try surrounding your self with a whirlpool of energy that whisks the incoming energy up and out into the universe or, alternatively, a cylinder of cascading energy that sends it deep into mother earth to be recycled.  Hope this helps. ❤️ 

I've used a one-way barrier from time to time.  Sort of like a reverse-osmosis membrane-  The bad goes out and only the good stuff can come in.  Curious as to what your opinion is on that?

deetoo, Jeanne Mayell, JourneyWithMe2 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

The culprit- acid reflux.

I heard this twice this week from two different sources, "Other people's opinion of me is none of my business" 

When I hear something twice, I know it's meant for me. Hope it's useful. Didn't understand it until recently. It is another way to look at protecting ones self.

deetoo, Jeanne Mayell, JourneyWithMe2 and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@debbie-m)
Noble Member Registered

Thanks to everyone who gave excellent advice on how to protect and lift up your energy. I was experiencing a lot of the same physical problems many of you described. I will try some of the methods that were suggested. Already I feel better for having read all this. I am so grateful for this group pumping me up when I feel deflated by current events.

deetoo, JourneyWithMe2, CC21 and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

HI Everyone, Such amazing wonderful posts here and a lot to absorb. Let's keep going with how we are doing with these techniques. I loved each post. I tried @frank's concept of acknowledging the negativity and clearing it out and releasing it to the universe. I tried it a few times today while swimming laps, but it takes practice to get something strongly in my imagination.  I will try more. 

I have a technique I like that cleanses the body by sending light into each chakra, one at a time. I like to do it standing up in qi-gong fashion and use my hands to move the energy through my body.  

It's called Chakra Cleansing:

You visualize a ball of light on the top of your head.  Then in your mind you lift that ball and move it out in front of your forehead and using your palms facing towards you, you bring the ball towards your forehead (third eye chakra), saying, "I am the soul." I usually take a deep breath as it is going into the chakra and want to really feel it happening. If I can't really feel it, then I do it again until I can feel or see it going it.  It always makes me take a deep breath. 

Then, using my palms facing upward,  I lift that ball of light up through my head and up through the crown and then up in the air and out in front of your throat, (now my palms are facing the floor), and the turning my palms toward me again, I bring the light into my throat chakra, saying, "I am the light divine."  

Use my palms facing upward to lift that ball of light up through my  center to the top of my head again, and then bring it out in front of my heart, push it through my heart chakra,  saying, "I am love." 

Then up through my body again, and up and out in front of my diaphragm and into my solar plexus, saying, "I am will." 

Throughout this time, I concentrating and in meditation. I'm moving energy and it feels really good! 

Then I keep going until the ball of light is out in front of my naval and pull it in, saying, "I am fixed design!" 

After that I make one more effort. The ball goes up through to the top of my head and out in front of me and with palms down I push it all the way below my torso, then palms turned upward, I pull it up through my root, saying, "I am the earth itself." 

NOW! I am almost done.

It's is kind of a work out. I bring it back up to the top of my head, and make it form a whirlwind of white light. Then pull this white tornado down over my whole body where it balances all of my energy, soothes and balances my chakras, like a super duper inner car wash.  Let it keep passing through your body. The whirlwind is the size of a phone booth.  Then it goes down into the earth where it takes all that  energy, including the negative, and is purified by earth's fires. 

Now I am fresh as a daisy.  

I use to do this every day and always did it for clients. And now I need to start doing it again.  

I made a guided meditation tape of it for anyone who wants to make a donation. But you probably have got it now. 

I learned it from David Hall, my old teacher who said the words were from the Rosacrutians. I never really understood who they were, but you can look them up and that mantra is out there too.

If you don't like the words, since they are kind of cultish, you can just do it without the words. I love the words.

deetoo, Frank, JourneyWithMe2 and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Baba
(@baba)

@jeanne-mayelle I think we did this at the beginning of one of your classes and I really enjoyed it. Thanks for writing it down and sharing it again! I look forward to trying it out again. 

deetoo, Lovendures, JourneyWithMe2 and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@baba and all, if anyone wants the mp3 tape I made of the chakra meditation so you can just listen to me guiding you along with some nice background music, just let me know and I'll send it to you (free, no donation needed). Easiest to email me or use the contact form if you don't have my email address (I can't put it in this post but it is easy to remember because it's my name at jeannemayell.com). 

CC21, deetoo, Lovendures and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3
Share: