Notifications
Clear all

Reading Our Pets!

(@clara)
Estimable Member Registered

@tonyaw yes, she has an incredible sense of smell and hearing. She knows exactly who is coming to our door. Her bark communicates “postman” or my best friend, or the neighbour. She unloads her senses and her sensitivity while walking in nature and swimming in rivers, correct! She is very sensitive to sounds and touch and startles easily. And yes, she smiles and makes funny yawning sounds. She tries to talk to us by making all sorts of different sounds. She is a very funny girl! We love her so much! Thank you all for reading Delphina. You all saw different aspects of her. Amazing.

Unk p, deetoo, Jeanne Mayell and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@seeker4)
Illustrious Member Registered

@gradualgoddess.  The minute I looked into those eyes, I thought I was going to get something about her, but, instead, got that she's watching you with concern.  Thinks you might be overdoing it and wishes you would slow down.  She's a little worried.  

Unk p, Jeanne Mayell, GradualGoddess and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dannyboy)

Oh I love this thread!  I had a read on Cordelia but in coming down here to post Oliver Wendell, I ended up seeing others - they matched.  I will be doing Sophie just as soon as I'm done posting this.

This is Oliver Wendell

Unk p, Jeanne Mayell, GradualGoddess and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dannyboy)

Here's what I got:

Sophie:  Good natured but does not suffer fools.  I do not know how I got this, but one look at her says she'll like you until you do something stupid and then she takes awhile to regain that trust.

Lakota and Lexi - they're happy - the old times are far away from their perspective.  The one in the back is less adjusted than the one in the front.  A little more sadness there than the one in the foreground.

Delphina:  Regal and sure of herself.  Very good at reading emotions and will comfort someone in need.

ReplyQuote
(@bluebelle)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@clara Hi Clara, I wrote a post about Delphina, but it seems to have disappeared into the internet ether.  Here’s another go:  When I look into Delphina’s eyes, I see a fierce intelligence.  She watches you and your home and nothing gets past her  She even listens to you talk on the phone or on Zoom and likes to be right next to you during calls.  Does Delphina like to carry things around?  I see her doing that.  Does she like to shred things?  I see her shredding things when she’s home alone.  Delphina is a happy dog, just so you know.  She loves her life and she loves you.

Unk p, clara, Jeanne Mayell and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bluebelle)

@dannyboy What I’m picking up about Oliver Wendell is that he is a total goofball.  You could write a book about his goofiness.  It’s just part of his charm.  Oliver Wendell is an exuberant dog and likes to comment (bark) about all the interesting things and people he sees.  I see him keeping up a running commentary whether you want it or not.  He’s a good family dog and has a full life keeping tabs on all of you.  Does he have a close dog friend in the neighborhood, a dog who brings him joy?

Unk p, Jeanne Mayell, Unk p and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@gradualgoddess)

@dannyboy That's a very accurate assessment of Sophie. She seems to demand pretty close to perfection. That may be why she has a small circle of people she trusts! Thank you for reading her!

ReplyQuote
(@gradualgoddess)

@lovendures Thank you! You're right about Sophie. She is alert and observant, and loves to play. One of the things I appreciate about her is how she puts her whole self into everything she does. Total focus. She plays fiercely and entirely.

Unk p, Lovendures, Jeanne Mayell and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@gradualgoddess)

@seeker4 Thank you so much for your reading! Sophie is a worrier, so that doesn't surprise me that she's concerned. I have had some health challenges lately and recently had a procedure, but now I'm better and up and about. That could be why she thinks I'm overdoing and wants me to slow down. I love this. Thanks again.

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@dannyboy  Oliver Wendell, is a big boy with lots of energy. He wants to please his master but he does feel confined by house rules. He wants more time with his master who we call Dannyboy.  

Oliver has simple pleasures, a real midwestern boy. Loves the outdoors, to run and chase and he wants dannyboy to quit his job and play with him all day, go on hikes in the sunshine and chase after things and creatures.

He loves when you pat him and tell him he is a good boy.  I think his idea of a perfect day is to eat a lot, drink a ton of water, then go out for hours with you and the kids and run around and sniff and chase critters or a ball.  

He is easy going about humans, and has gotten accustomed to some kid charging at him or bumping into him.  He's pretty tolerant, doesn't sweat the small stuff, like if a kid climbs on him.

He wishes he could spend more time outside running around and exploring. Then he will take a siesta, then eat and drink and run around and sleep some more.  Give him a bowl of food and he's very happy. He doesn't like routine, like limited meal time.   But he accepts the way things are and is  pretty content, and would be happy to absorb any family angst and it wouldn't matter one bit. He loves to run around, but he can also be still and slow, like a cow. 

Unk p and Unk p reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

@dannyboy 

Oliver Wendall loves positive attention and being told he is a good boy. He might even smile while getting scratched on the head.  He loves that. He closes his eyes as he gets love.  He can be silly and goofy.  Does he sit on people? Play is important and a joy.

ReplyQuote
(@clara)

@bluebelle yes! Completely correct. Amazing.

Delphina has been described by the breeder, after a third attempt at training her to “heel” and not pull on the leash, as “this dog? This one is too intelligent!” She pulls on the leash  when she doesn’t want that particular person to walk her. Delphina is fiercely intelligent. She lies at my feet while I am in zoom calls or on the telephone and listens. When something in the tone of the call is not right, she responds, moves, nose nudges me, barks. But usually she just sits quietly and waits. Thank you for confirming she is happy with us. Sometimes I think I should give her more challenges. But then again, she would probably show me when she is not happy. 
yes, she loves to carry heavy sticks during the length of the whole walk. Needs to chew things, so I give her a special chew to tear up every day. She’s  Very mouthy. Funny girl! We love her to bits. Thank you Bluebelle! Spot on!

Unk p, BlueBelle, Unk p and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@melmystery)
Noble Member Registered

@melmystery  Mr. Merlin is 5 1/2 years old.

Anyone want to read what he's like?

Unk p, DannyBoy, matildagirl and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@melmystery Curious, looking around for any critters, a good mouser,  if you have mice running around, he's on the job.  He sees a shopping bag and wants at it. He wants to get in there. He doesn't know how small he is.  He thinks he's the lion roaring for MGM films.Sometimes he feels his age, some stomach upset and sudden fatigue, in which case he will just throw up for the stomach upset and just suddenly flop down and sleep for the latter. He's both mercurial and quick and can stomp around like a big old lion. There is no where he won't go, no rafter he won't climb to get to some moving object, whether it's a moth or something dangling from the ceiling, as in the photo.  

If he were outdoors, he'd climb high up in a tree to get a squirrel or bird.  You won't have to help him down, though. He can do it himself. 

He sees a man with a round face and a reddish beard, perhaps that is you melmystery. He loves that man and would like to snuggle against his face because it reminds him of his mom when he was a kitten.  He would like to bring you some critter he's caught, to show he's a warrior, like you. I see a horse and wonder if this is Merlin in another life, unless he's had the chance to see a horse.

I also see him thinking about a magic necklace worn by a woman, silver with a turquoise stone on it. Is this him as a priestess in a past life or perhaps a woman in his house in this life?  He wants to bat it and grab it with his teeth. 

Merlin is part cat and part magician. The cat in him does all the cat things, like searching high and low for prey and anything that moves. The magician in him uses his powers to keep the home healthy and safe, and also to manipulate others, put them in a trance. 

Unk p and Unk p reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

@melmystery 

I can't help be feel Mr. Merlin loves to bat at insets and things that fly.  Probably likes to swipe at the heads or legs of people walking by him also. Sneak attacks.  Would be fascinated by fish in a pond or fish tank.

Lots of energy, but some laziness as well. Does his own thing and entertains himself. He is on his time but will interact with humans and others when he wishes.

Unk p, Jeanne Mayell, BlueBelle and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mistysue41)
Estimable Member Participant

Beautiful pets.

I can't post my pet.  Do I send it from reply?  Thanks.

Unk p and Unk p reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

@mistysue41

i am tagging @jeanne-Mayell so she can help you.

I know it takes a few posts for new member/ first time posters to be able to post a link.  The same may be true for photos.  I am sure she will have a suggestion for you.  I know we would love to see your pet.

In the meantime, welcome to the forum! We are very happy to have you join us.

ReplyQuote
(@jd1960)
Reputable Member Registered

Interesting thread! This is Teddy, he has a lot of personality, likes to play & look out at birds & other critters. He is indoor only- coyotes are around... He's about 9 yrs old, very affectionate- sometimes he demands to be picked up to be petted, and/or do "headbumps". He also spends afternoons being lazy... Sometimes he'll pick a fight with our other cat Lily.

ReplyQuote
(@bluebelle)

@melmystery Mr. Merlin, huh?  When I saw his picture, I had to snort.  Oh boy, he’s a character but I think it’s because of his rich fantasy world.  Mr. Merlin is an adventurer, a brave cat soul willing to go out on a limb or on top of a clothesline in search of prey.  He feels like an easy keeper of a cat.  He likes to do his own thing, but will come around his people for food or affection.  Speaking of affection, he is willing to receive it, but on his own terms.  Is he a lap sitter?  I don’t see him as a lap sitter-too busy.  You have a good solid cat in Mr. Merlin as long as you remember it’s his fantasy world and you are a guest.

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @bluebelle

@clara Hi Clara...Does Delphina like to carry things around?  I see her doing that.  

Bluebelle, Clara asked me to post this photo of dolphins for you. 

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 11
Share: