Notifications
Clear all

Reading Our Pets!

(@deetoo)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@gradualgoddess, Sophie is such a sweetie pie.  I can't take my eyes off of her.  Was Sophie a rescue?  I heard her say "thank you."  

Unk p, GradualGoddess, Unk p and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@seaholly)
Reputable Member Moderator

Thank you all who read Autumn. You were so accurate in your comments. Yes, she is shy and sensitive and often behaves like she’s on alert @jeanne-mayell. She’s not a lap cat @lovendures but loves to be brushed and will roll on the floor in front of us when she’s in the mood to be petted. She will even let us rub her belly. She most definitely does not like large dog @bluebelle and will growl at them when she sees them being walked on the sidewalk. She will also growl at bears since we live close to a river and trails and get lots of wildlife in the neighborhood and backyard. She does have a gentle rattling purr. She purrs often and seems to be very comfortable in her environment. She is very sensitive to loud noises and unsettling energy. She will only approach certain visitors who come to the house. These tend to have gentle, quiet personalities. She hides when louder people come around. She loves playing with her toys, especially paper bags and becomes completely demented with her toy mice and balls. She most definitely keeps an eye on her two humans @tonyaw and often behaves more like a sheep dog than a cat. She herds us to bed at night when she feels it’s time to go to sleep. She watches us from the top of the stairs and when she decides it’s time, will come get us by rubbing herself on us and miaowing, then climbing the stairs and repeating this behaviour until we follow her to the bedroom. She also watches us from the top of her kitty condo in the window when we sit on the patio in summer. She will often stay there until we return inside the house. She has a very soft meow unless it’s to demand treats. Then, she becomes loud and demanding. And my husband @tonyaw often say to her «it’s ok, my girl ». I had a good laugh when I read your comment. We adopted Autumn as a kitten from a cat rescue association. She was found abandoned in the downtown core, so her early life was traumatic. She is now 14 years old, an indoor only cat (there’s too many fat coyotes preying on unsuspecting small pets around here) and makes our home a happy place.

PamP, Unk p, deetoo and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@gradualgoddess)
Estimable Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell Thank you! You really hit the mark. She is a worrier and wise. So smart. She is also a healer (we call her our therapy dog). She will actually wait until one person falls asleep at night to leave and go to the bed of another family member, and I think she's spreading her healing around. And one of her nicknames is Lovebug.

Unk p, Jeanne Mayell, deetoo and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@gradualgoddess)

@tonyaw Amazing! You picked up so many things about Sophie. Your description of her greeting is spot on. She does use her whole behind when she wags her tail. Her breed (chiweenie) is known to develop back issues, so we have stairs for her to use to reach the bed. And she does want to eat our food. She looks longingly at us at mealtime, eyes following the fork from plate to mouth and just hoping for a morsel. Thank you so much for validating that we have known each other before--I feel that, too. She is a wise old soul.

Unk p, Jeanne Mayell, TonyaW and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@gradualgoddess)

I couldn't figure out how to post a picture either, so Jeanne did it for me. I'm sure she would help you as well.

ReplyQuote
(@gradualgoddess)

@deetoo Thank you! Sophie was a rescue. I wonder what her life was like before us, if anyone gets anything about that. Thanks for passing on her gratitude. I feel it from her, too, and it's reciprocated. She rescued us as well, in her own way.

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Geri's dogs Lakota and Lexi. Gerry wrote:

I went through a divorce a year ago and I have ownership of them and I wanted to know how they are doing.

Unk p, GradualGoddess, Unk p and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@maggieci)
Noble Member Registered

Lexie: I am very nervous when you leave the house. The world is not right until you come back. A large stuffed animal dog toy with a squeeker in it would be soothing to me. I have pent up energy; I love to run and jump like a nut sometimes. You are my world and I’m very attuned to your moods. I love it when you talk to me.

Lakoda: Lexie gets me in trouble but she’s ok. I still like to mouth things because it’s comforting. I like to lay in the grass in the sun and listen to the birds. I love it when you play with me. You’ve been good to me and I will always protect you.

Gerry, I feel like both your dogs have stabilized and enjoy the quiet of the house and your attention since there aren't other people (like your children) often around. The quiet has helped their digestion.

Unk p, deetoo, Jeanne Mayell and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@gerald-paciello)
Trusted Member Registered

Thank you so much, you captured their personalities. I felt they were content. When the dogs and I  moved into our home, they took to their new surrounds very quickly. (They took over the house very quickly!)

Lexi has fear and trust issues, lacks confidence but she is improving. Since 2 weeks before the divorce she has slept on the bed with me almost every night. BTW she is a bed hog.  Funny she wants a stuffed toy. She rips them apart in minutes. That's why I give them my old socks.  It is true about our communication. Her and I have a emotional connection.  Even if I sniffle or cough she will check on me to see if I am ok. She only did that with me.  It drove my ex crazy, especially since he adopted her. :) 

Lakoda, is very laid back, sweet, social, content independent dog. She loves  car rides, laying in the grass and being outside. I play with Lakoda every day. She loves to rough house. Every day I come home Lakoda has either been playing with my boots, pulling the sheet of the couch,....... She is very tolerant and kind to Lexi. She was rescued because she was chained up and left outside without much human contact.  I spoil her and Lexi because they were both rescues.

They have helped me emotionally heal during this past year. I greatly appreciate you tuning in. 

Thanks again,

Hugs

Unk p, BlueBelle, deetoo and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@maggieci)
Noble Member Registered

Geri You have found your pack, so to speak! I'm glad it's working out for all of you. ❤️ 

Unk p, GradualGoddess, BlueBelle and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

@gradualgoddess

I felt that Sophie likes to play with you,  As if you 2 have a thing. She moves her feet back and fort in fun excitment.

She seems very alert and observant. 

Unk p, deetoo, Jeanne Mayell and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@Clara asked if anyone would read her beautiful dog Delphina. 

This is a good exercise in testing your ability to read from a photo.  I never thought I could read from a photo until I did this exercise in class. Then I noticed I was able to read a person who was running for office in my town just from her campaign photo. I got such a distinct impression of her when I stared at her campaign photo. Now that she's in office and talking and behaving,  When I look at her image, I notice where my eye goes. I notice what jumps out at me, and what feelings, memories, and words pop in my head.  

Here you will get feedback. 

Unk p, deetoo, Unk p and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Here is another photo of Delphina, Clara's sweet Portuguese water dog. Can you read her? 

Unk p, deetoo, Unk p and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Delphina looks to be an extreme empath, like her master. She feels all that her family feels, especially you, @Clara.  She loves the outdoors, especially in nature. She frolics in nature. The rest of the time, she is happy when connected to you and her family pack. She might enjoy chasing a ball in the water. I see her splashing happily.  Her love for you is really intense. You are her EVERYTHING.  When anyone in the family is sad, she tries to soak it up because she wants to be part of you.  She will come over and sit near you if she thinks you need comfort but you may not realize she's doing it.  She loves it when you run the palm of your hand along her upper back. I see someone snuggling behind her ears and she sees that as a statement that you love her. She might be bugged by insects (no pun intended with "bugged"). She wants to bite them in mid air. She seems a bit tired at times and I think that's the weight of her empathy.  She will love you to the end. 

Unk p, deetoo, TonyaW and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@clara)

@jeanne-mayell oh my goodness! You have read her perfectly! She feels people, she is my very own diagnostic manual and will bark when angry or emotionally unbalanced people get close. She doesn’t like to be cuddled, unless it’s a back rub with the palm of my hand, or a scratch behind the ears. Jeanne, chasing after a tennis ball in a lake, river or sea, is her thing. I have covid right now, and guess who won’t leave my side, literally lying on my feet: Delphina ❤️

Unk p, BlueBelle, deetoo and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@Clara I never thought of myself as a pet psychic. But as long as I can see a picture, I might be able to do it. 

Calling all possible pet psychics or anyone who wants to try it  -- @bluebelle @tonyaw @lovendures @Sophie  @maggieci

Unk p, deetoo, clara and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

@Clara

I haven't looked at anything anyone else has written yet.

First, what a beautiful dog you have Clara. 

I sense you sweetheart loves to play!  Loves to be active and loves attention.  She is very attentive and observant. Does she like to splash in water? She likes to please but has a mind of her own.

ReplyQuote
(@seaholly)
Reputable Member Moderator

@Clara I feel a great love for you radiating from Delphina. She is highly protective in her own particular way. She feels it her duty to be loyal and helpful, not just physically but emotionally as well. She’s very caring and senses when you’re not your regular self. When this happens, she doesn’t like it. She feels happy when you’re around and loves her home. Does she has some quirks that are somewhat unusual for a dog? I see her as being quite individualistic, even for her breed. 

ReplyQuote
(@clara)

@lovendures thank you for your reading of Delphina. Yes, she loves to be in water. Swim, fetch ball, water is her element. Yes, she very much has a mind of her own. 

ReplyQuote
(@clara)

@seaholly yes she is very protective and loyal. Delphina is also very independent, has her individual quirks that are unusual for a Portuguese Water Dog. She has had various training programmes but she did not like the trainers and did not respond well. In the end we asked the breed owner/ breeder to come over from the south of Portugal. She had very little influence on Delphinas quirks too! We discovered that Delphi has a rhythm and a way of being that is logical, if you observe what she is communicating to you and really listen, she is easy to get along with and she will work with you. Thanks for your reading!

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 11
Share: