Notifications
Clear all

Past Lives Issues, Evidence, and claims

(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Write about past life issues here. How do we know it is real? Is there someone you just have such a feeling was another person in a past life?  Go for broke here! 

PamP, PracticalNihilist, deetoo and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@pegesus)
Noble Member Registered

Going to think about this...but I LOVE this topic!

deetoo, Unk p, Lauren and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

I had a past life reading back in the early 1980's by a famous psychic named Ellwood Babbit. I hadn't realized he was going to spend the whole time talking about past lives. He was a trance medium who channeled an Irish guy with a thick brogue. It was strange and kind of funny. I felt like I was in OZ and Babbit was the wizard. 

At the time I did not give readings at all. I just received a few readings and people recommended this guy. It took six months to get an appointment. (He's deceased now).  He spent the entire time talking about my lives going back to Alexandria Egypt and in every life, he said I was a mystic who taught mysticism. I thought he was nuts. I had never been a mystic or taught it. But I kept the tape and listened to it many times before discarding it. 

Today I give readings, do channeled meditations, and teach mysticism. It's not proof,  but I do feel connected to certain places he mentioned.  When I spent a summer in London in 1975, I felt so at home and happy. I spent most of my days in antique shops, and brought home a container filled with old pieces I still treasure today. I felt like I recognized them.

One of the lives Babbit talked about was in Victorian London. He even stated my name then. Oh, and I used to love wearing blouses with ruffled collars and cuffs. A friend once gazed at my clothes and said, "Is this some past life of yours?" Occasionally I get a past live feeling about someone. I remain agnostic except when I have a strong feeling and then I go with it.

Share, CC21, Aheartbegins and 29 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lenor)
Illustrious Member Registered

I absolutely believe in past lives and would love to have a past life reading some day. I just haven’t taken the time to do it. But I do have to tell you these two stories about why I believe in past lives. 

In 1995, my husband and I built our Victorian home from the ground up by ourselves with the help of my father in law.(It took 2 years to build and then 1 year to finish the indoor woodworking)  At the time we were living in a Colonial style house and I always had terrible feelings living there. (And just some strange stuff would go on in the house.) Side story: Back in 1979, while touring a colonial home in New Orleans called Twin Oaks, I passed out half way through the tour, so we had to leave. It may sound weird but even until today, I can not read or watch anything dealing with the Civil War.  The day we finally finished the house and moved in, I can remember feeling a sense of absolute peace. And I feel that peace even until today. 

In 1999, my husband and I went to Italy. As we were walking up some steps in the Coliseum, I stopped and said to my husband, “ Oh my gosh, you worked here”. And I could see in my mind him working on the Coliseum in a past life. (He thought I was totally nuts). But the steps had the exact same feel as the front steps to the home we built. 

Share, CC21, LivingFree2 and 29 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bluebelle)
Illustrious Member Moderator

Over the past ten years, I’ve done a lot of reading about reincarnation in books by Dr. Brian Weiss and specifically about young children remembering past lives, in books by Dr. Jim Tucker of the University of Virginia.

https://www.brianweiss.com/

https://www.amazon.com/Books-Brian-L-Weiss/s?rh=n%3A283155%2Cp_27%3ABrian+L.+Weiss

https://med.virginia.edu/perceptual-studies/our-research/children-who-report-memories-of-previous-lives/

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Dr.+Jim+Tucker&i=stripbooks&crid=3CBEQUCQKM63S&sprefix=dr.+jim+tucker%2Cstripbooks%2C137&ref=nb_sb_noss

A few years ago, I had a past life regression done with the help of a hypnotherapist and I recalled a life as a young girl, very young, maybe 3-4 years old.  The time frame seemed to be early twentieth century, country unknown.  I lived alone with my mother and relived going into a butcher shop with her.  The butcher shop was a very vivid memory.  The butcher was overly nice to my mother, but he didn’t seem to like me.  Later, I saw myself alone in a house that caught fire and burned down.  I didn’t relive any sense of fear or terror, but had an understanding that the butcher burned down the house because he wanted my mother to himself.  He didn’t want me around.  

Today, I don’t have any particular fears associated with fire, but I’m adamantly opposed to cremation.  Now that seems horrifying to me.  

Tagging @Tonya because of your interest in this topic, too.

Share, CC21, PracticalNihilist and 21 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lawrence)

I remember many past lives. One of my psychic abilities is reading the akaschic records. I had a recurring dream as a teenager that I was a Shakespearean actor center stage. In the dreams, I'd stand up and tear off my wig, being somewhat irritated saying " I'm not him anymore". After I moved to NYC, a well-known past life psychic (akaschic), it was the first life he brought up with extraordinary detail. I was stunned.

Share, CC21, PracticalNihilist and 21 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)

@lenor Lenor, this is fascinating! Thank you for telling us about it it.  Also, it is really impressive that you guys built your own Victorian house.  I know this is off topic, but do you have any photos of the house that you could share?

Share, CC21, Coyote and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ana)

I'm agnostic when it comes to reincarnation but I would like it to be true.

I've had a few dreams that were quite vivid and seemed to be set in other times and places. 

Also I had a long (like 9 years), off-and-on relationship with a guy who definitely had "abilities"--- and we both thought it possible that we had had some past lives together.  One was in some kind of fabulous "Atlantis-like" realm and the other seemed to be during WW2, where he was a pilot. Neither "previous" relationship worked out well, at least according to our mutual dreams and visions.  (It didn't work out this time around either.)

One day I'd like to have a past life regression done but I would only want it done with someone I could be sure was genuine and talented, and I don't know how to find such a person. 

Share, CC21, deetoo and 19 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@matildagirl)
Famed Member Registered

Hi, I have enough trouble remembering what I got up to in this one, let alone any previous ones.

Regards to all

CC21, LivingFree2, lenor and 19 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bobbie39)
Trusted Member Registered

I have had the ability to get glimpses of my past lives since childhood. Being raised strictly Protestant, I had never heard the word "Reincarnation" until I was grown. And I quickly learned not to discuss my visions with anyone. I wrote everything down in a journal when I was in my late 20's and I have kept the journal up throughout my life. I never see the date but I can usually estimate the time period and the country I am in from the clothes and environment. My main countries have been Bavaria, England, Southwest China, and the USA. The people in my life have also been in my other lives. We seem to be part of a soul group. By interactions with each other, we are helping each other to grow. This ability to see my personal history has helped me tremendously in my life to cope with life's adversities and to make positive adjustments. 

BlueBelle, Share, CC21 and 21 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sistermoon)
Famed Member Registered

This is a fascinating topic to me. I recommend, for those who haven't read it already, the book Journey of Souls by Michael Newton. He was an agnostic therapist who used hypnotherapy on his patients and accidentally stumbled upon past life memories. His exploration led him to work with thousands of case studies and begin the Newton Institute, which trains other professionals to do past-life regression. VERY fascinating stuff.

Share, CC21, blackandwhite and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@earthangel)
Famed Member Registered

I had a past life reading yrs ago and was told I was a female tribal leader in ancient times. A woman I know who is a cynic said to me, while discussing the topic, why isn’t anyone told they were a janitor or a slave? I said well maybe I was that, too. 
During a meditation last month, I had my first vivid past life memory. I was in a European city and was visiting my husband who was a Nazi commander of some sort. I entered the building, the feel of the cobblestone street was palpable. In his office, my husband handed me a big bag, similar to a med sized black garbage bag. I went home and dumped it on our bed. 
Out fell mounds of jewelry that was taken from Jewish prisoners. I began separating and organizing all of it.

Oh! Just remembered when I exited the bldg, a Jewish woman in bad physical shape was washing the stairs. I looked at her w total disgust and another Nazi officer suggested I use another stairway which I did. 

I was horrified, after I came out of it, at the terrible feelings I had toward her and all Jewish people. I believe I know what needed to be reconciled in this past life memory… not prejudice or discrimination against others bc I’ve spoken out always against prejudices since I was a child, but the theft of others property. 

It def was freeing in a strong way and I felt purged of past mistakes when I asked for forgiveness of all those hurt by my actions and also, most importantly, forgave myself—past and present. 

BlueBelle, Share, CC21 and 21 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lenor)

@bluebelle Here is another great website with stories about past lives and other PSI phenomena

Psi Encyclopedia | The Scientific Investigation of Psychic Phenomena

psi-encyclopedia.spr.ac.uk/

Share, Lauren, 2ndfdl and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)
Illustrious Member Moderator

Fascinating topic, Jeanne!  Thanks for opening up the thread.  I love what everyone is sharing here.

I've never had a past life regression.  A psychic once told me that I was alive during the time of Christ.  I don't know whether that's really true, but it feels right to me.

My strongest memory is an actual knowing -- I just know that I was alive during WWII.  Ever since I was a very small child, I was addicted to 1930's-1940's movies -- the mood, the dress, the music -- everything about that period.  What I remember most, though, even as a little kid, was feeling a kind of melancholy -- really missing my life back then, and a deep longing to go back to that period. When I entered my late teens and 20's, I became obsessed with wearing vintage clothing from that period, and even copied the 1940's hairstyles.  When I rented my first apartment, I purchased a vintage 1940's art deco bedroom set.

I still feel that melancholic longing at times, and am still addicted to those old movies.  When I watch them it comforts me.  I feel like I've gone back in time to visit some old friends and acquaintances.

Share, CC21, LivingFree2 and 23 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cindy)
Illustrious Member Registered Participant

I met Dr. Brian Weiss in the late 90s. I had no clue who he was when I was introduced, but knew that meeting him was the ultimate reason behind the trip I was taking once we were introduced-even tho I still had no clue about his work. He wrote his first best seller about past life regression 4 years before Michael Newton wrote his book. I don't know if you can still get it, but Dr. Weiss once put out a book that had a regression meditation cd included.

I was always drawn to London in the 1800s. It always resonated with me. I'm not sure if that was from knowing I had ancestors from that area at that time or not. I did one time get somewhere with Dr. Weiss's CD, and found myself in the US, the year was 1825. I was married and extremely happy, as I could see my husband in that lifetime was just as in love and happy. 

I have always been drawn to Native American stories, and found myself chaperoning on of my youngest's field trips to a local annual powwow. Our native guide for my group of students was called away, and much to my surprise, I found myself "knowing" much about the items and customs being displayed or talked about without being told by our guide. I've seen two of my spirit guides, who are Native Americans, so I can't say if what I was getting was from past life experience or just from my guides. 

I can also say that one year Monica and I were going through a mail order catalog. We both found it fascinating that there were jewelry items that were designed with Egyptian Cartouches made to order with an individual's name on them. Lo and behold on Christmas my ex had apparently overheard our conversation, and he had ordered a necklace with my name in one of the cartouches. I freaked out. I felt physically ill holding it, and I returned it on the first available date after the holiday. I've never had such a reaction to anything before. After reading Many Lives, Many Masters, I can't help but believe that there was some past life experience with my ex, probably related to or in Egypt that created such a reaction. I'm not totally sure that I want to see that past life and what caused such a reaction in this lifetime. 

CC21, blackandwhite, lenor and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@marigold)
Noble Member Registered

I haven't much conscious awareness of a past life, except I feel that I was a nurse in the Civil War. Though being conceived in a farm house in Virginia that was used as a Civil War hospital, maybe the memory came  that way. Have been told in a reading that I was a female monastic in France and in India; that resonates, have made private retreats at various monastic settings and feel very comfortable in such. I have traces of memories come up with massage therapy - being blinded in an eclipse or some big solar event eons ago and something about living in a cave afterward. I do really enjoy visiting libraries and also doing laundry/drying clothes in the sun/ironing so perhaps I was a librarian and/or a laundress. Though I do wonder, if physics tells us time is not linear, what would the past be?  I can hardly wrap my head around it. https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20191203-what-we-get-wrong-about-time

CC21, LivingFree2, lenor and 21 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ruby)
Honorable Member Registered

I had a recurring dream that started in my teens and recurred occasionally over the years until my late 20s or early 30s. In the dream, I was running across a wooden bridge that was on fire. I was outrunning the flames and I could see swirling ash in the water below the bridge. I made it to the other side and collapsed onto the ground sobbing.  Every time I had that dream, I would wake up crying and would be upset for many hours afterward. In my middle 20s, I went to a hypnotist to try to get a past life regression, but all we were able to get to was that dream. A few years later I went to a well-known psychic in our area, and she described that dream to me in exact detail, without me having told her anything about it beforehand. When she finished describing it, she told me that it was a past life. She gave me some more details about the dream and what was actually happening. After seeing that psychic and having this all explained to me, I never had the dream again. The psychic told me that I was a settler in what looked like it may have been Idaho. I had a wife and small children, and I came home one day to our cabin and found them all massacred. Apparently, I ran away and set that bridge on fire so that I couldn’t be caught by those who had massacred my family.

A few years later I had a past life regression with a different hypnotist and was given some more detail about that life and about other lives preceding that one. 

CC21, LivingFree2, deetoo and 23 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 PamP
(@pamp)
Famed Member Registered

@deetoo I remember life from that period, as a very young boy who had just turned 3. It was not a happy memory at the end.

Then there's the memory of a Quaker woman in the mid-1700's Bucks County, just prior to the Revolution. When my husband and I moved to Bucks County it was like moving home.

CC21, 2ndfdl, raincloud and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@practicalnihilist)
Honorable Member Registered

It's a sign I'm an old soul but I can write a novel on my experiences with this topic.  😆 

But here's my most significant experience that convinced me on this.

Almost a decade ago just out of curiosity and boredom I went to psychic and asked about past lives I had, if any.  

She told me of 2 lives:

1. High ranking military officer - I was there to experience anger plus had no children, no wife, and was a short life living to 40's
  2. Monk - Lived a really long life living to up 90s.  I enjoyed that life because I liked the silence and knowing the expectations of my bosses.  Plus really enjoyed being out in nature.

I found that really interesting and resonated with me for several reasons.  When I was in high school I was proposed with the idea of joining the army and I rejected that idea right away.  But what is strange is somehow I know and am familiar with the military life and ideology.  For example, even as a kid I would yell at friends when playing games as if I was ordering people around.  And in high school I took a military entrance exam, which was mandatory for all students and I scored one of the highest scores.

But apparently I didn't like that past life in the military because I was totally against joining the army.  😆 

And with the life as a monk I find that I do like silence and in my job I like knowing what my managers expect instead of trying to guess.  And I do like being in nature, it's a very tranquil experience for me.

And if that wasn't enough I saw that psychic once a year for about 4-5 years and she always gave me similar answers.  I would understand being skeptical if she gave me different answers but she was right on target all the time.

That will be it for now with my expriences but I am looking forward to see others experiences as well!

CC21, Lauren, raincloud and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lenor)

@cindy I, too , read Dr. Weiss’s book and many others. I was a member of Edgar Cayce’s ARE for a long time and read all his works on reincarnation. The aversion that I have is to the Civil War.  But I believe I lived in a Victorian home and enjoyed that lifetime. There is a reincarnation group that I follow on FB where parents tell stories of their children talking about their past lives. Fascinating group. Now that my interest in a past life regression is peaked again, I plan on having one done soon. There is a New Age store that used to have psychic fairs (very cool) that I will check with. 

CC21, Lauren, raincloud and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 4
Share: