Notifications
Clear all

Afterlife

(@ana)
Illustrious Member Registered

@maggieci   Thank you for your fascinating take on my broken ankle adventure as it relates to my ggg-grandfather.  I never thought of it that way.  Perhaps I should meditate on how I can heal my ancestor's pain even as I heal my own--- or would you venture to say that my successful (but still in progress) physical healing via modern medicine works across time to heal my ancestor's trauma?   

I will add that it is Very interesting that you made this post today.  I broke my ankle Sept 1 while walking on some rural land we own in a nearby county.  I hadn't been back there until *yesterday*. My son and I were joking around and I said, in dramatic fashion," Now we must go to the scene of the crime where I shall face my fears!"  We walked out to the offending gopher tortoise hole, I put my foot in it and said (dramatically), "Ha ha, stupid hole, you cannot defeat me!"  And we laughed. It was a silly joke on the surface but there was a tinge of genuine "facing of fear" beneath it.   So that was yesterday.  And today you post relating to it.  ?

(FYI the cast came off in late October and I was able to hobble with a cane right away.  I can walk almost normally now, although my range of motion is restricted and there is occasional pain.  The bones healed in 6 weeks but it takes MONTHS for ligaments, tendons, and muscles to sort themselves out. Patience.)

Moonbeam, 2ndfdl, Jess and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@maggieci)
Noble Member Registered

@ana

I’m sorry you had to go through so much pain with your ankle. Life is not for the timid, is it? Your brand of humor is wonderful and so perfect for the seriousness of the occasion. Your instincts are spot on. I think that the “theater” of revisiting your site was just as healing for ggg-gf as it was for you since you already made the connection across time.

Making such connections with ancestors, for me, is almost like being a psychopomp, freeing the departed soul by providing closure. You may want to think of him as you celebrate healing milestones and feel the joy of life! He made a new start in a new land and those are your roots, as I’m guessing you live in North America now.

My ancestors emigrated from Scotland to farmland in Ontario, Canada in the early 1800’s as part of a Canadian settlement effort. My family and I now live near Philadelphia, PA. Isn’t it astounding to think of synchronicity, the afterlife, at the forces that shape family stories?!! 

Iridium, Unk p, Vesta and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sistermoon)
Famed Member Registered

@maggieci hello from Bucks! I think there are a few of us in this area ❤️ 

Maggieci, Vesta, Maggieci and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@maggieci)
Noble Member Registered

@sistermoon Hi! Delaware County here. Nice to know we're neighbors ? 

ReplyQuote
(@moonbeam)
Topic starter  

@ana I only now realized that a lot was added to this thread. Your story is fascinating and indeed it resonates as bloodlines/ancestors helping each other. Have you gotten any other messages since then?

@ghandigirl, @cindy and others, all wonderful stories. It isn't always easy to keep that connection to the world after this one. I do find that every time I study it, meditate upon it or even watch a documentary about it, I get a burst of energy again. The need to live life to its fullest (which is hard to do in Covid times;-). That said, all of us have task(s) in this life. I find it most difficult to find mine.

However, the reason that I wanted to post in this thread is that there is a new documentary on near-death experiences on Netflix in Europe called Surviving Death. Not sure if it's also on in the US etc. but might be interesting to those interested. 

FEBbby23, Maggieci, Vesta and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 CC21
(@cc21)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@moonbeam

Thank you for the reference to "Surviving Death" on Netflix - I am watching it now!

I had ordered Leslie Kean's book (on which this is based) and am about halfway through it. I am so excited to see that they have made the series!

FEBbby23, Unk p, Jeanne Mayell and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@moonbeam)
Topic starter  

It is really interesting to watch! I found the 2nd episode a bit hard to take (very skeptical about most mediums) and discovered that the Nicole de Haas' 'school' they show is actually 2 miles away from my home. ?

That said, I really enjoy doctors talking about scientific evidence. Excited for more of it. Enjoy the book and show @cc21 !

CC21, FEBbby23, Unk p and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lowtide)

@moonbeam

i watched episodes 1 and 2 last night. The physical medium and ectoplasm stuff was a bit hard to take. But I’ll press on. At least I learned about ectoplasm! Had no idea.

CC21, FEBbby23, Unk p and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 CC21
(@cc21)

@moonbeam

Thanks! So, I sorta binge-watched all six episodes between last night and today (I work from home and usually have something on TV while I work...) ? Fascinating stuff! Yes, the medium stuff was kind of hard to get ones head around (@lowtide - I didn't know about the ectoplasm, either!) But I tend to take it all with a grain of salt and an open mind. There was a time when the intuitive work done here and that I have learned of from Jeanne would have seemed "out there", but now I find it perfectly natural.

I really liked episode 5 "Seeing Dead People" -- my Mom had some visions the week before she died (that my siblings relayed to me) and I have read many stories about peoples near-death and right-before-death visions, so that topic is particularly interesting to me.

Enjoy watching the rest!

FEBbby23, Moonbeam, lowtide and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@moonbeam)
Topic starter  

Thanks, @cc21! An open mind is important, to true;-)

FEBbby23, CC21, FEBbby23 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

I wasn't sure where to post this , but this seems like a good match.

Today I had a visitation/vision of a dear friends mom, dog, and my dog. The vision was so clear, and I heard, saw, witnessed a glimpse of Heaven. She came through so clearly even to touching my arm, laughing and making me laugh from her joyful, infectious laughter, and speaking some to her daughter through me. Then her dog. I can read animals and infants. It's a strange gift I never cultivate.

I am quite psychic in general, come from gypsies, for real. 

I am always surprised when this happens. My Autobiography should be titled; The Unintended Medium.

Vesta, polarberry, DannyBoy and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 CC21
(@cc21)

@ghandigirl

That is beautiful! And I love that you are surprised by it :)

Vesta, FEBbby23, ghandigirl and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@moonbeam)
Topic starter  

@ghandigirl omg! That is wonderful! Do you have an idea what set it off? Was it a recent passing?

Such a blessing, girl. Hope it gave peace and happiness. I'd love to have such a gift. Bless you. ? 

FEBbby23, Vesta, FEBbby23 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

@moonbeam

The mom passed  suddenly this year, followed closely by the sudden passing ofmy friend's dog. My dog has been gone for a few years now but the mom rhad reassured me in an earlier reading by my spychic medium friend thathe is with her. She had owned several little poodle mixes herself. 

My friend was writing to me about her new haircut, which was worn also by her mom. THey showed up and gave me this reading as I was writing to my friend. The mom's energy called mine out.

FEBbby23, Lauren, Vesta and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dannyboy)

I came across this article while decompressing from another “pre pandemic levels of crazy busy” day

https://apple.news/A-zMFip6qTZiEr20jvCUDCA

My father had the visions of loved ones before he passed.

my grandmother had “the Rally” 

I loved this article!

CC21, FEBbby23, Lauren and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@pegesus)
Noble Member Registered

@dannyboy I was with my Dad when he passed. About an hour before he passed he outstretched his arms up and the minister said he was reaching for Jesus but I knew it was my Mom who had passed three months before that he was reaching for. It was quite a beautiful moment to witness. I loved this article. Thank you for sharing it!

Isabelle, CC21, FEBbby23 and 21 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 lynn
(@lynn)

My mom was in an in-patient hospice the last two months of her life. Shortly after she was admitted she had a period of a couple of weeks where she was just great -- chatty, upbeat and energetic. I started to feel guilty and thought maybe I should have her come home because she didn't even seem sick. That didn't last of course.

One afternoon when I arrived for my daily visit she whispered to me "papa is here." Papa was what she called her father, my grandfather. I asked her if her mother was there too, and she said no. I never knew my grandmother. She'd died before I was born and my mom had told me decades earlier that her mother had gone to another spiritual plane and was no longer close by. About a couple of weeks before mom died I asked her again one afternoon, asked if her mother was around. This time she said yes. I knew then the end was near, and it was.

I have to say the hospice nurses were angels who'd seen it all and had great stories to tell.

Isabelle, CC21, FEBbby23 and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

These are wonderful stories. Thank you for telling them.  I know it might not be easy to share them because they are so sacred. When my dad was dying, I felt so helpless. He couldn't breathe and it felt like his lungs were filling up.  We gave him morphine so he wouldn't be in distress. By I was pretty stressed out.  Suddenly I found myself saying to him, "There's Grammy!  There's Grammy!"  I didn't see her but she must have appeared out of nowhere and I just received it.  I hadn't realized it at the time, but later I learned he had been very close to his mother. 

Once when a friend called me about her father who was very sick, I saw him in my inner eye laying on his back and about three feet above him hovering over him, very beautiful, his previously deceased wife who he must have loved more than life.  I knew then that he was ready to be with her. He passed soon after. 

Isabelle, CC21, FEBbby23 and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

I am familiar with both the rally and the visits form family and pets weeks prior to passing.  I hope we can learn more about these sacred gifts before people pass away.  It certainly is quite mystical.  

CC21, FEBbby23, Lauren and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@matildagirl)
Famed Member Registered

Hi, this is something similar but also different. My older sister was an alcoholic and chain smoker and did quite a lot of damage to herself. One weekend we were told to expect her passing but she rallied enough to be transferred to a nursing home. 
she was there for 3 years but for the first 6 months or so you would visit and she would suddenly look to somewhere else in the room and talk to them, she and mum (who had been dead for several years) would start arguing, something they did all the time in life. Once she was talking and my other sister asked who she was talking to and it was an old aunt I had not met and didn’t know existed. This happened during the first year but her health improved because no smoking etc and she was able to be taken out and so on. I am not sure if she was still seeing people and she didn’t do it in front of us anymore or what the case was. Her heart gave out in the end trying to keep her lungs working.

so not really the same but interesting

regards to all

CC21, FEBbby23, lynn and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 6 / 7
Share: