Notifications
Clear all

Where does our Intuitive Gift of prophecy Come from?

(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

A woman sent me this question, I'm just curious, is your prophecy gift from God or from Universe? 

I replied that I needed her to define what she meant by "god" and "universe." She declined to explain and just asked me again, "Is your gift from God?" 

Years ago I couldn't explain much about where my gift came from.  I just thought it was part of normal awareness and thinking.  I still do think that. But I have more awareness of it now, after teaching intuition, prediction, and tracking people's visions.

My gift is the gift of consciousness. No one knows how consciousness works or where it comes from. But we can explore it!  

In a way, this thread is a continuation of an amazing thread panpsychism that @michele-b started a few years ago: 

I was reading that thread this morning - such gold in that thread!  Of all the great posts in there, @Laura-f hit on something special when she posted an article in that thread that comes close to the current thinking about consciousness.  

The author explores the idea that the whole Universe is conscious.  So much for me having a special gift!  I never thought I was special anyway.  I have taught hundreds to see their gift and have watched marvelous results.  Dean Radin wrote a book in the 1980's called The Conscious Universe that examines this idea and its connection to psychic phenomona. 

Everyone possesses the gift of intuition which includes prophecy, telepathy, and feeling and knowing both backwards and forwards in time. 

Here is the article Laura posted. https://awarenessact.com/science-now-believe-that-the-universe-itself-is-conscious/

We don't know where consciousness comes from or how it works, anymore than we know where the Universe came from, but the great physicists who discovered quantum physics have helped us see that time and space bend together and that neither is linear and that time can go backwards and forwards. We also know from the phenomenon of quantum entanglement that objects (which include our own selves ) can and do feel each other as if they actually are each other.  

So there is a fundamental paradox that we think we are separate from each other when we are not. 

Lauren, VestraLux, BlueBelle and 26 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@michele-b)
Illustrious Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell

Love love love this!

But to answer the question i have always said my simplest belief of the answer and say my gifts are from God. 

My beliefs and my understanding is far deeper than words but when i say the Universe or "from all that is or ever was or ever will be" which is what my heart says when using expanded consciousness and timelessness, I lose people and end up giving circuitous explanations. We then have little in common as it seemingly evades or cuts them off from me. We have to meet in one another common ground somehow.

What my expanded understanding of all that is included and meant within my answer is too complex for what others are asking. 

What someone (to me) is asking with a question like that is their attempt to ascertain my religious/ spiritual belief in a deity or rather if my beliefs are outside their realm of that concept. 

To me that is separating not only into categories of who we are and what we believe and how we "fit in" or "don't fit in" to their world of labeling people and their beliefs.

This is the fundamental basis for (in my belief system) of separating and judging people with subconscious labels and labeling--Christian,  non-Christian etc. even by our simplest use of names and terms. 

We all do such labeling/judging every time we meet someone or hear of something within/about them as we meet them. We ask "what do you do?" for example. If i respond with "what do i do for what? Its throws them.

They are usually meaning "what do you do for a living? " What we "do" then leads to potential labeling. It all comes from the need to find like minded people we can relate to or even topics of conversation we might engage in. But it still labels, categorizes and separates.

My mind tends to race ahead to all potential directions and outcomes. However, when I speak my truth i can see by their reaction I'm probably outside of most belief systems.

I have no discomfort with the accepted term of God because to me the very concept is of divine conscious for and of good when I use it.

It is beyond the churches i may have attended or received religious rites  from and beyond my readings of religions and and the good and the bad than mankind has created under the labeling of religion and far beyond the great damage and pain and warfare done under the name of any concept much less under the labeling of a deity or institution or anything else.

And back to the subject of consciousness. I do believe everything is part of it, its creation, the appearance and perceived form it presents.

But then we get into the whole "what is reality? " and then like now i need to rest a bit especially typing on a phone. 

Deep thoughts! My favorite kind.! ? 

Lauren, BlueBelle, Moonbeam and 16 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@jeanne-mayell  I always think of some of the lines Seth told Maggie in City of Angels

1) Some things are true whether you believe in them or not.

2) Seth: You're an excellent doctor.
Maggie: How do you know?
Seth: I have a feeling.
Maggie: That's pretty flimsy evidence.
Seth: Close your eyes. It's just for a moment.
[touches her hand]
Seth: What am I doing?
Maggie: You're... touching me.
Seth: Touch. How do you know?
Maggie: Because, I feel it.
Seth: You should trust that. You don't trust it enough.

My personal experience has always been that it is a "sense" like the 5 that are currently noted and accepted...that we are all like cells in a body... individual but part of a larger whole and though specialized as to function connected and communicating with the entire whole body.

Lauren, ghandigirl, lenor and 24 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tgraf66)

I don't claim to have any intuitive or psychic abilities. Anything I post here or say about what I think will happen in the future is simply my own conjecture based on observation of what's happened in the past and what I think I know of the people or situations involved.  I also don't believe there is an anthropomorphic being that we call "god" that is all-powerful, all-knowing, and/or all-controlling.  Having said that, I do think there is such a thing as universal consciousness that we can all tap into with enough practice.  I'm also pretty well convinced that time is a 3-D human construct and that all things and all times exist simultaneously, so if we are able to tap into that universal consciousness, we can access whatever information about the "future" that we believe is important, necessary, and applicable to the timeline we're living in.

TL;DR, "god" = "universe" so whatever word you want to use is fine. :-)

Lauren, Isabelle, Baba and 24 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 CC21
(@cc21)
Illustrious Member Moderator

I absolutely love this discussion! I totally agree with @michele-b that people are looking for labels. I notice that in myself. It helps me to try and categorize or understand things better...including people, but that can be very limiting. I am slowly trying to train myself out of that -- this group has helped tremendously on that front. @jeanne-mayell -- that sounds like what the woman who asked you was trying to do -- put you in an "acceptable" category for her that would legitimize what you do in her eyes. 

But I have learned so much here, especially from Jeanne and the way she explains intuition in her class and on this forum. I completely agree that it is something everyone has access to and just has to develop.

Personally, I grew up Catholic (eastern rite Byzantine) and although I appreciate the rituals of organized religion I am definitely moving away from the box of religion. I see parallels across all different religious traditions and now also see those parallels of "we are all one" through spiritual practices and experiences of the folks here in the forum. It is so interesting and freeing, in a way, but yes - we often have to be conscious of speaking about it to others in ways that they will understand and be able to frame. 

As Jeanne explained it to me once, using our intuition fully is like an expanded awareness. I think I have tapped into it briefly here and there (and can do it more fully with practice) and others call that being "deep in prayer" or "connecting with God" or "in the zone." I feel that these are all the same thing...many paths to explain and reach the same conclusions/results and expand our awareness and tap into the single consciousness that we are all a part of.

(feel like this is a bit rambling...I am short on time, but wanted to comment.)

Baba, BlueBelle, Michele and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 tbs
(@tbs)
Noble Member Registered

Wow, great discussion.

I also believe that there is force / conscious in the Universe. And we are a small , but not unimportant part of it. We ( as humans) do not have the full picture, yet. But with every "learning" we go through, disasters, pandemics, wars but also the good things, new tech, new energy etc, we will grow.

Am I a psychic or have special abilities, definitely not . Do I have a "gut-feeling" , yes. It is hard to understand where it comes from, but you need to learn and experience how to use it.

Simple thing is , I discovered whenever I do shopping and I get a product in my head, I should buy it, because we need it ( something like sugar, coffee etc) , even if I think we have enough at home.

Very simple thing , I know, but the conscious or gut-feeling needs to be developed ( in my view) , and you need to trust it.

Where does it come from?

God, Gods, Universe etc, maybe all is true. Otherwise we would not have so many religions, almost all people in world believe in some higher force they often call God or Gods. And that since almost the beginning of mankind. 

I rather call it Universe, that is so large that I can not even imagine, and we know so little of it. Alone the fact that it is expanding, my first question is, what is beyond the universe? another one?

I find it amazing who some of you are so accurate in predictions, and especially how often more than one person have the same feeling of what will happen. So that also would prove that there could be a central force. 

Another thing is coincidences, very often it is so clear that one thing needed to happen ( maybe even something bad) that some new will start. I believe we all might had this in our lives.

But maybe there are more than one channel you can tune into. In my view these are :

• Emotional Channel ( What is the color or state of a person, group , nation , mankind ?) , what is building up, like happiness, joy, or frustration 
    • If Trump is moved out , I believe it will tricker that eventually the other dictators will be removed in Turkey, Hungary, Russia, Brazil, Poland , China etc
    • Trump solved , Pandemic under control will trigger a kind of new start like after WWII
    • On a personal level : Relationships between people, couples , Families
      • ( This is more the channel I might be in)
  • Material / Daily Channel - Predict events that will happen, and when. On this forum we have quite a lot on that channel :-)
    • That is the channel I would lik to tune into :-) , but you can not have all ...
  • Health Channel - Some people are really good in feeling diseases or if someone has health issues
    • Very often by feel some pain or discomfort in their own body

Maybe which channel you tune into has to do with your own life and experiences , or what is need for you.

As said it is universe for me ( and you also can ask the universe for something, or God, also done by people since the beginning) , but God or Gods might be the same

May the force be with you :-) ( Maybe that is even another prove, the force that can be used for good or bad)

Gr

tbs

Lauren, lenor, Jeanne Mayell and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@isabelle)
Famed Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell 

This topic is so interesting. Found the below article today in Neuroscience News which presents a case where a well-known UK jazz musician had had a NDE many years ago and in it "saw" his future -- which did, indeed, later come true. How can this be?  The scientific view of this speculates that time is itself not linear (Past, Present, Future are an illusion created by our brain) but are, instead, contained as one simultaneously existing whole field.  Somehow this musician's near death experience temporarily broke the illusion of linear time for him. The future children, friends and musical career he "saw" manifested years after the event. Einstein added to this debate as well. 

Perhaps the gifted intuitives on this site are able to, somehow, find a way past our perception of linear time and reach the "truer" field of time which exists?

‘My Life Flashed Before My Eyes’: Researchers Explore the Phenomenon - Neuroscience News

Lauren, Tiger-n-Owl, deetoo and 14 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@Isabelle Thank you for posting this article and the story!  What a gift you are!

It is interesting that having an NDE opens people's minds to realize they can have these experiences. There is a famous "psychic" named Joe McMoneagle who the Department of Defense used in the 1970's to psychically spy on the Russians during the Cold War. The DOD staff selected him for these psychic spying experiences because they'd heard he had had an NDE and they thought he might have developed the gift. He had, and his visions were amazing. 

The technique I use on our Read the Future Nights has a similar effect, in that people there often have a mind-opening experience when they try out the technique I use.  So many people who you  call "gifted intuitives" came to this site without ever having an intuitive experience other than perhaps some dreams or an occasional flash of intuition.  After they realize they can truly see events in the future, they start to hone their gift and their experiences occur more often. 

So everyone has this ability!  It's part of being human.  

The Institute for Noetic Sciences in Petaluma California has been collecting research and even doing their own research that shows that everyone has this ability. 

@lovendures @bluebelle @deetoo @vestralux

Lauren, Tiger-n-Owl, deetoo and 14 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bluebelle)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@jeanne-mayell @isabelle

This indeed is the way I tapped into my intuition.  After my first experience with Read the Future Night, I started seeing hits immediately and could not have been more shocked.  The recognition that  we all have this innate ability helps me recognize other's intuition whether they call it that or not.  I tell friends and family to go with their gut feeling on different issues.  You don't tend to go wrong that way.  If your gut feeling says to beware of a certain person, listen to that.  If your gut feeling says to follow one career path over another, listen to that.  Our intuition is like an internal radar that we use daily, whether we recognize it or not.  I'm convinced that intuition is part of our survival instinct and helps us navigate danger and uncertainty.

Lauren, lenor, Tiger-n-Owl and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@vestralux)

Piggy-backing @isabelle 's article, here's another from 2018 that hasn't lost its magic yet.

From Scientific American — "Could Multiple Personality Disorder Explain Life, the Universe, and Everything" 

From a perspective beyond the fourth dimension, the future has already happened. And well beyond that, all possible futures have already happened. "Intuitive" is just a word for following the breadcrumbs, you might say.

As if all that weren't mysterious enough, allow me to quote quantum theorist and author, Brian Greene (unrelated to the above article): "Everything that can happen will happen, an infinite number of times." 

I've seen futures that didn't materialize quite as I believed they would. Part of me wonders if they actually did, but that I just traveled in a different direction. Who can say? *throwing up hands emoji*

Tangent: I went to the library as a teenager to try to find a book that would tell me what was happening to me at night. I'd been spontaneously astral projecting for years and was starting to be disturbed by some of the experiences I was having out-of-body.

The first book I came across was David Morehouse's Psychic Warrior: The True Story of the CIA's Paranormal Espionage Program. 

Morehouse had had an NDE while supervising a military training program (he was hit in the head by a ricochet bullet, if I recall correctly). He was revived and, immediately afterward, became profoundly telepathic and empathic in a way that overwhelmed him. Fearing he was losing his mind, he requested to be discharged. Instead, he was taken to a top secret location to be trained in remote viewing. 

You can imagine what reading that did to me at such a young age. ;)

@jeanne-mayell ^

Lauren, lenor, CC21 and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@raincloud)
Famed Member Registered

A light post about intuition. I know there are many intuitively talented people who follow this blog but for those of us on the amateur side:

I have become increasingly amused by my performance in solving the NYT Wordle game. In addition to some simple strategies, I have urges regarding which letters to try and now, occasionally, I just hit on the answer on the second or third try. The helpful part about Wordle is that I get instant feedback on whether my intuition was correct or not.

I seem to do better when I sort of blur, or step back from intense brain work, and take a soft, distant perspective, for want of a better description, sort of like waiting for the answer to rise in the old 8 Ball game, for those who remember it.  Now, learning to generalize this technique, and most importantly, trusting it, from Wordle to more important activities and decisions....

Experience has taught me that sometimes urges are actually messages (from who knows where?) And sometimes my imagination is intuition; separating the wheat from the chaff is the challenge.

Seeker4, Lauren, Vesta and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: