Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Republican Red Mirage

(@michele-b)
Illustrious Member Registered
Topic starter  

President Donald Trump could appear to win the November election in an apparent landslide when the first results come in, but lose once counting mail-in ballots is completed days later.

Hawkfish, a data and analytics firm funded by former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, has warned that Trump could win a phantom victory on election night because of the time it takes to tabulate votes sent by mail.

The firm's CEO Josh Mendelsohn told Axios that this result would be a "red mirage" that could pose problems given the president's attacks on mail-in ballots and accusations of voter fraud by Democrats.

Trump Is Heading for a 'Red Mirage' Win on Election Night, Bloomberg-Funded Data Firm Says:

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-phantom-win-election-1528948

Thoughts? Comments? Final Predictions?

And didn't a lot of us sense this coming and that's the fear,  dtead, and depression/ anxiety so many have been feeling in our somatic (earth body) and second brain our gut?

The link to this thread for sharing purposes or references:

Republican Red Mirage – U.S. 2020 November Election – Presidential & Congressional – World Predictions Forum
https://www.jeannemayell.com/community/u-s-presidential-candidates-for-2020/republican-red-mirage/

Ms. C., PamP, lenor and 13 people reacted
(@michele-b)
Topic starter  

And of course Trump is already ramping up his odds and the chaos:

"Trump encourages North Carolina residents to vote twice to test mail-in system

"WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump suggested that people in North Carolina should vote twice in the November election, once by mail and once in person, escalating his attempts to cast confusion and doubt on the validity of the results.

"So let them send it in and let them go vote, and if their system's as good as they say it is, then obviously they won't be able to vote. If it isn't tabulated, they'll be able to vote," Trump said when asked whether he has confidence in the mail-in system in North Carolina, a battleground state."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/trump-encourages-north-carolina-residents-vote-twice-test-mail-system-n1239140

Seriously? What kind of person much less the President of the United States of America not only creates but encourages illegal and inherently dishonest behavior?  And not just now but every step of the way for his dishonestly obtained power and residency in the highest position in our deeply treated once democratic land?

It breaks my heart, and pulls me put of my holding space outside of all things triggering and emotional i.e."politics"!

I will balance the two in my heart, .y health and my spiritual being but for now i am very much a threatened American who is deeply?

@michele-b in:

https://www.jeannemayell.com/community/u-s-presidential-candidates-for-2020/republican-red-mirage/

PamP, lenor, Share and 11 people reacted
(@sistermoon)
Famed Member Registered

Thanks, @michele-b - I have copied my post from the 2020 Election thread:

I cannot begin to describe the great sense of foreboding I have when I think about November and what follows. Since I try to dwell in the light as much as possible, I won't share the specifics of my fears here and bring you all down with me. Let me just say that my sense of doom is palpable.

At any rate, I did a reading on what will happen following the election and I'd be happy to hear your interpretation of the reading, which you can find here.

I was surprised to find the cards were much more positive than I expected, which should be a good thing -- and yet my foreboding remains.

lenor, Share, Unk p and 9 people reacted
(@michele-b)
Topic starter  

@sistermoon

Blessed be!

Perfect!

FEBbby23, Share, Unk p and 9 people reacted
(@mas1581)

@michele-b

This ploy is a win/win for Trump. By telling g people to vote twice, he either gets double votes(if they are missed and counted twice) or has another claim of fraud because a ton of votes will be thrown out for double voting, which he will insist is his proof of a rigged election. 

Worst case scenario for him is they claim GOP voter fraud and he plays the fake news/persecution card to rile them up some more.

2ndfdl, lenor, Avon and 11 people reacted
(@saibh)
Famed Member Registered

Hillary has reportedly told Biden not to concede, no matter what.

Tuesday's episode of the podcast "Gaslit Nation" is called "Hacking the Election," and it a very important discussion on the decades-long ballot and election tampering by, mainly, Republican operatives, Karl Rove being the biggest player. There is a conversation with Jenny Cohn, an election integrity activist, that is incredibly interesting and unsettling.

2ndfdl, lenor, Avon and 15 people reacted
(@allyn)

I have an idea of how the nation can destroy Trump's little "Red Mirage" strategy. But it will require the help of young, healthy voters.

Basically, voter against Trump who is healthy and young (basically, anyone who is at minimum risk for Covid-19 complications) needs to take advantage of early voting in their states.  To those of us who are more at risk for Covid 19, we need to let those voters vote by mail as much as possible.

Now, hear me out on this.  If young voters vote in person by taking advantage of early voting and/or voting on election day, we can make it to where (1) Biden wins by a landslide or (2) the in-person voting is so close that they can't declare a winner right away.

Here's my thoughts on the matter.  

Remember that, for the most part, Trump's supporters tend to be older (65 or older), white, male, and from rural or semi-rural areas.  This is not true for every Trump supporter, obviously, but it is a good majority of his base.  They are more at risk for Covid 19 complications, and they no longer trust mail-in voting because the Predator in Chief hates it so much and is trying to stop people from voting.

Now, I say we use our own strengths against Trump and his supporters to the point that everything he has done to stop our vote is used against his own voters.

For people in blue states who have mail-in voting, I respectfully suggest that those at risk for Covid 19 vote by mail, while young and/or healthy voters vote in person (with masks and other protective measures, of course.)  

For people in red states, same rules apply, with at-risk voters voting by mail (if available) while those who are less at risk vote in person.  If mail-in votes aren't available (or if you suspect the post office won't deliver it on time), then I would suggest calling to your polling place in advance and make arrangements to drop off your mail-in ballot at the polling place or to find a time during the early voting period when it is the least crowded.  (I have done this).

For people in the swing states, same thing, depending on your situation.

It is my hope that on November 3, 2020, after the initial vote count, the numbers of in-person votes are either overwhelmingly in Biden's favor or at least close enough to where a winner can't be announced at once (preferably the former).  If, on November 3, 2020, Biden has a clear lead over Trump in in-person voting, then it is all over.  Trump can't whine about the results and ask to wait for the vote count for mail-in ballots.  How can he, when he has encouraged his own voters to distrust it.  Therefore, logic will dictate that if Trump demanded a count of the mail-in ballots, the numbers will probably favor Biden and make his lead bigger.

This is a risky move, because we will be dependent on younger voters who do not have a reputation of being consistent when it comes to voting (no offense to any younger voters out there, as I am under 40 years of age and am considered one too.)  However, if the youth voters will take the time to vote in person and nulify the in-person voting that Trump is counting on from his own supporters, then we beat him at his own game.  After all, if Biden looks like he has the early lead on November 3, 2020, then Trump's allegations that the vote was stolen from him will hold very little credibility to the country at large.  And because we know Trump supporters are unlikely to vote via mail in large numbers (or if they are, they may find themselves the victims of Trump's own efforts to suppress the vote, as it is impossible for the post office to open every single ballot to see if the person voted for Trump or not.)

I also say this as a resident of a red state, so my intent is not to offend people, but a large amount of Trump supporters are racist.  So if they see alot of young people who are of different races and/or mixed races at the polls, this will scare them.  Believe me, I know this because I have witnessed it first hand (when the youth vote came in support of Obama in 2008, I personally witnessed many Republican voters see the lines of young, multiracial people and then leave the area without casting their votes, even though it was election day and they would not get another chance). 

So this may scare off some Trump supporters or make it more difficult to vote in person if we are all already flooding the polling booths in the weeks before the election.  Call it a scare tactic, if you must, but I prefer to think of it as a sign of strength.  People are basically sheep, in my opinion, and if they see a larger than normal group of people voting for the opposite side, some will think "we can't win, so why bother?" 

I know this is asking a lot from our younger voters, especially considering Covid 19.  But I feel we have no other choice if we want to win and shut down Trump's ability to fight before it even occurs.  I myself will put myself at risk and vote in person during early voting in my state (with protective mask and gear, of course).  I do this because I am relatively healthy and am unlikely to suffer complications from Covid 19 if I should catch it (which I don't plan to, as I will take precautions).  But if we are willing to take the time and effort to vote in person and ensure that we do it in large numbers, we may be able to ensure that Biden is the undisputed winner on November 3, 2020 and thus destroy the threat of Trump's "red mirage." 

Personally, I would rather risk and catch Covid 19 than endure four more years of Trump.  Better to die as a patriotic, Christian, true light warrior for democracy than to live in Trump's country.  

Pookieboy, Ms. C., LalaBella and 27 people reacted
 PamP
(@pamp)
Famed Member Registered

@michele-b I know how you feel. One thing to remember is the Electoral College. I truly believe it was manipulated in 2016, it's being manipulated now and that is how he will be installed. Biden will win what popular is counted, and all this will lead to a complete revamping of our electoral system, including the abolishment of the EC. We're gonna go through heck for 2 to 3 years, but I'll take Abe Lincoln's words in my dream for us making through all this.  

lenor, FEBbby23, Moonbeam and 5 people reacted
(@michele-b)
Topic starter  

@pamp

I so agree. Unfortunately my brilliant reply disappeared and my phone is freezing like crazy! 

FEBbby23 and FEBbby23 reacted
(@pookieboy)
Reputable Member Registered

@allyn Luckily, I live in a swing state but it leans red and Republicans use every dirty trick to keep power since they have a supermajority except for the governorship but my vote counts. I've already asked off work Oct. 15th. First day of early voting. I'll be damned if I let anyone put their hands on my ballot plus I want my vote to be counted on election night! If Trump voters are there "protesting" then they better be ready to be recorded on my phone and me pushing through. It's my right to vote! But being a white, Southern male I probably do not have to worry much about being harassed.

I've done absentee voting in the past and never had any problems until this past primary. First I faxed in the old form (one I literally got on the official voting website) and they wouldn't accept it but sent me the new form. So I faxed in the new form then got a mail response that I can't fax it in even though I have always in the past. I sent the correct form through mail and got it back conveniently a day after the cutoff. Ended up taking a half day to early vote. Luckily I have a good job but not everyone does. I'm sure it was all a coincidence that I'm a progressive Democrat trying to vote for Sanders and had problems this one time with absentee voting. 

lenor, Share, FEBbby23 and 3 people reacted
(@jackofhearts)
Noble Member Registered

Posted by: @pookieboy

But being a white, Southern male I probably do not have to worry much about being harassed.

they'll probably roll out the red carpet and get a marching band for you, then pose for selfies afterward... 

lenor, lenor, Anonymous and 1 people reacted
Share: