Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] 2020 vs 2016

(@dlarel)
Estimable Member Registered
Topic starter  

Curious how people are feeling about the election this time in 2020 versus 2016? How does your anxiety compare? What are your inner voices and guides saying? I remember in 2016 starting around September/October, I started to feel very very uneasy and unnerved and was checking this site a lot and looking to polls for reassurance that Hillary Clinton was indeed still predicted to win (which of course, turns out looking at polls for an answer was a mistake). This time, I feel much calmer, not necessarily more confident and I'm still worried about the outcome, but still a general calm and I'm not quite sure why.

jovesta, PamP, Timo and 11 people reacted
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

@dlarel

i think it’s different now. We all know that we have to vote if we don’t there is going to be more destruction to our democracy and environment. In 2016 the people who voted for trump was because they hated Hillary. We know now what he is and what he is capable of. 

PamP, Share, Timo and 5 people reacted
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@dlarel

I think it is different.  

While I think the stakes are greater this election,   I also feel some calm that comes around inauguration time.   We will be on a new and hopeful course.  I feel there will likely be disruption after the election, that things will be chaotic for a while as we transition to January.  But going by what I sense right now, what I have seen in read the future nights over the past couple years and what some of our most gifted seers have seen, I feel we will be looking at a new dawn in a few months.  

PamP, lynn, FEBbby23 and 11 people reacted
 Timo
(@timo)
Noble Member Registered

@dlarel In 2016, I agree, we didn't know what was coming. We all thought Hillary had it won. Complacency was rampant. Anxiety for those of us feeling. It's been down hill ever since. Fast track to 2020 where we have already been through hell. And, the last nail in the coffin hasn't even been hammered.  We are hoping for a resurrection! A reprieve at the very least. Yet, we are calmer. This is because we now know our own strength. We know a change is coming because We Are The Change! 

PamP, lynn, FEBbby23 and 7 people reacted
 PamP
(@pamp)
Famed Member Registered

My anxiety is through the roof right now. I keep seeing two inaugurations (a surprise or secret one with Trump that is held in the WH, just before the legal inauguration of Biden and Harris, that Trumpist tries to pass off as legitimate), so I'm guessing Trump/Putin is not going to give up easily. I think between legal battles and Trumpist violence life is going to be very interesting. The 20:22 clock is still flashing (pretty sure by now that's year and not time). 

FEBbby23 and FEBbby23 reacted
Share: