The future of Donal...

Notifications
Clear all

The future of Donald Trump

(@april)
Noble Member Registered

@kathleen-m I am going to correct you on this. The 14th amendment section 3 has actually been used before, but not on any office as high as the presidential office.

The first notes use of the 14th amendment section 3 was just after the civil war in North Carolina. (Worthy v The Commissioners)

https://www.law.cornell.edu/supremecourt/text/76/611

Also it appears it has been successfully used against January 6th participants. So there is precedent now, even as related to January 6th

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/couy-griffin-january-6-new-mexico-judge-14th-amendment/

PamP, Jeanne Mayell, lenor and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@seeker4)
Illustrious Member Registered

Posted by: @deetoo

What I do wonder is this:  if Cohen had never been left holding the bag and ending up in prison, would he now be one of those 18 codefendants?   Does it take almost losing everything to smarten up and change direction?  It makes me think of the 12 steps program -- the idea that sometimes you have to hit rock bottom before you're restored to sanity.

In my own life, hitting rock bottom was the best thing that ever happened to me, so I think, YES, that's often what it takes.  I think there are some, however, who begin to question what they are doing, and are able to turn things around sooner.  For whatever it’s worth, I agree that Michael Cohen was as mean as everyone says, but when do we forgive? He paid a heavy price, he took responsibility with his witness and his hard evidence, and he's tried to warn others before it's too late.  So, as far as I’m concerned, he has redeemed himself and continues to do so in multiple ways (as he does nearly every time on Nicole Wallace's show.)  As for me, I would hate to think that all I’m remembered for are my mistakes and not for the things I did after I learned my lessons.  

GradualGoddess, LivingFree2, PamP and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@seeker4)

I’ve puzzled frequently about the visions by the impressive intuitives on this forum who do not see Trump going to jail although they see him fading away in one form or another.  My own rare vision saw him silenced and tied to a telephone pole with no one around although I never got when or how.  So, what would make him disappear?  1. Fleeing to another country is a possibility since he still has his passport and a plane.  (He better hurry though.)  2.  Still, I keep studying his face. (Not fun.)  He looks extremely strained to me.  His eyes look smaller and more dead.  His expressions don’t register well.  And, he’s more reckless than ever in what he says. 

So, I searched for end stages of dangerous Narcissism and came across this:  Dr. Alexander Lapa, a psychiatrist in the UK says that someone with NPD (Narcissistic Personality Disorder) may collapse when he can’t maintain the superior facade he tries to project, he doesn’t get a constant supply of validation, someone injures his self-esteem (Jack Smith?), or people he counted on leave him (as in people who flipped?), he’s exposed for doing something unethical (LOL), or his manipulations of others are exposed (as we see on the nightly news).

Dr. Lapa also says that someone experiencing a Narcissistic collapse may lash out even more (blatantly defying Judge Chutkan’s orders).  His words may be more filled with hate than ever. His rage and vindictive behavior may become more overt.  He may try to hurt others (threats toward Jack Smith etc.) He may become more self-destructive (which might explain the inexplicable rages that are obviously hurting his case).

The question: Is this what we are seeing?

What is Narcissistic Collapse and What are the Signs reviewed by Roland, Casablanca, Coelho 10/13/21 https://psychcentral.com/disorders/narcissistic-personality-disorder/narcissistic-collapse

GradualGoddess, LivingFree2, Jewels and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tybin)
Famed Member Registered

I don’t think there is a cure for malignant narcissism and sociopathy. That boy is gonna stroke himself out

PamP, Lauren, JourneyWithMe2 and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tybin)
Famed Member Registered

BTW @Baba you mentioned Cohen getting a new career. There’s some speculation he may try to run for Congress. Lol

PamP, Seeker4, Lauren and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 TomA
(@toma)
Reputable Member Registered

@tybin Watch and see if this doesn’t happen: Trump will either become ill, fake an illness, or exaggerate a minor illness (TIAs? Minor stroke?) in order to garner sympathy and/or extra PAC donations, and use it as an excuse to bow out of the presidential race. It’s already not certain that he will win the Iowa caucus despite his lead in polls among Republicans. He will blame it all on the deep state and the crooked Democrats. The chickens have come home to roost for him and regardless of the trials set against him, he will fade into history as the traitor and sociopath he always has been. Even fleeing to another country might not help him; countries without extradition treaties with the U.S. (such as the UAE) can nevertheless cooperate with American officials to return those escaping justice.

Seeker4, tybin, Lauren and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@melmystery)
Noble Member Registered

Just found this funny parody song "The Donald Called Down to Georgia."  Some folks on the forum have been referencing "the Devil Went Down to Georgia" song so I thought this might be of interest.  

It just cracked me up.  Just be on the lookout for the MTG clip at about the 1:30 timestamp, and if that isn't funny enough just wait for the Trump clip at around the 2:30 timestamp where his actions seem choreographed with the song.  Just one word of warning that there is some moderate cursing in the lyrics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP-vHAwAVdg

LivingFree2, Jeanne Mayell, PamP and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@elaineg)
Famed Member Registered

@melmystery This is great. I hope it gets more coverage.

PamP, Lauren and melmystery reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

I'm just going to leave this link here. It's to Michael Moore's podcast, and I found it both highly amusing and comforting:

Self-Help For Frightened Liberals

JourneyWithMe2, Jeanne Mayell, PamP and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@barbarmar22)
Prominent Member Registered

@laura-f - I listened to his podcast also. I was a bit put off by the style, but understand he was using humor to help some of his listeners let go of their angst. It was telling that 32 million more young people will be voting in 2024,and they are not fans of TFG or the Republican regime in general. Between that age group and women I feel good about the next election. And of course to the insights of people on this forum.

ReplyQuote
 KMac
(@kathleen)
Noble Member Contributor

@jeanne-mayell To your point about Trump's level of anxiety, I just saw parts of the upcoming "Meet the Press" interview with Trump. Boy, does he look unhealthy with dark mottled skin and blotched eyes, worse than ever. His attorneys must be tearing their collective hair out as he blurts out his culpability in these interviews, which will be absolutely used against him in court. What a mess.

Despite all the twists and turns of his cases, I can't see any way forward for him--too many cases and too much money draining his coffers. He'll be an old man muttering in his soup.

LalaBella, lenor, JourneyWithMe2 and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 TomA
(@toma)

@kathleen He’s been spiritually rotting for many years now; now he’s just physically rotting.

LalaBella, Vesta, lenor and 6 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lawrence)

I've been predicting this for months. "Trump silenced". T gag order coming. 

Happy Mercury direct!

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/special-counsel-asks-narrow-gag-order-trump-election-interference-case-rcna105365

gbs, Cindy, LalaBella and 8 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 KMac
(@kathleen)
Noble Member Contributor

@lawrence Finally, although I wonder just how "narrow" the gag order is. He's got an awfully big mouth and no respect for his attorneys. As difficult as this is for his defense, Jack Smith walks a tight rope to balance Trump's first amendment rights against the rights of innocent people. 

LalaBella, Vesta, lenor and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@laura-f I loved Michael Moore's Self Help for Frightened Liberals podcast. Thank you.  He's right. Trump chances of winning or a long shot. The man looks like he's dying, melting like the wicked witch of the north. And the GOP also is fading, fading, fading as the youth are rising and their voting block gets larger each year.

LivingFree2, Barbara, LalaBella and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

I remember a prediction here that had Trump at his grave watching as no one visits. I thought it might be an SNL  sketch. Perhaps it is a metaphor for his political death, or a vision of the future. Metaphor seems most likely.

JourneyWithMe2, Lauren, Vesta and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 KMac
(@kathleen)
Noble Member Contributor

Trump is using mainstream and alt-right media for his purposes and they are all eating it up. He's in everyone's faces all the time spewing lies. But the lies are the message-- say them often enough and even moderate Republicans and Independents start to think, well....maybe? I wish they'd just drop all coverage of him except what is happening in court. I know, not a chance, but it feels better to say something sane sometimes.

Vesta, JourneyWithMe2, Lauren and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@livingfree)

@melmystery thanks for sharing the parody song - made me laugh!

Lauren and melmystery reacted
ReplyQuote
 TomA
(@toma)

I have to think that some recent posts on different threads here (“Validating What We Sense”) are somehow going to tie together. Aside from this thread, the looming dread people in the forum have been feeling lately coinciding with the acceleration of Trump’s neuroses as he faces multiple trials actually might fit together. Every interview clip I’ve seen in the past week of his rants gets crazier, and all the interviewers have looks on their faces ranging from mildly cynical to disturbed. Now you have this limited gag order, a shot across Trump’s bow, and it’s only a matter of time before before he shoots back and gets himself thrown in jail - even if it’s only for a few days - for contempt. This could trigger more Jan. 6th-inspired domestic terrorism, as some of these cultists have promised. I just wonder if anyone feels that this is the possible source of general angst, and whether we might have actually arrived at this critical juncture in history. It’s worth noting that many predictions here point to a turning point, as well as Trump’s permanent downfall toward obsolescence, so it comforts me that at least on this score, there’s a happy ending. (As regards climate change, not so much).

LivingFree2, tybin, raincloud and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 KMac
(@kathleen)
Noble Member Contributor

@toma Feels like an upside down time with courageous efforts by our judicial systems to right it. Always in the background is the hyperbolic media, which appears dedicated to inflating fear. I read rather than watch the news, but even mainstream news seems to be constantly stoking uncertainty rather than clarifying the issues. Just my two cents -- I'm going to take a break from the news for awhile, lol!

raincloud and Lauren reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3
Share: