Notifications
Clear all

Midterm elections

(@michele-b)
Illustrious Member Registered

And another positive outcome from mid-term elections, the US just elected 9 new scientists to Congress, including an ocean expert, a nurse, and a biochemist.

The members of the current 115th Congress include one physicist, one microbiologist, and one chemist, as well as eight engineers and one mathematician.

The medical professions are slightly better represented, with three nurses and 15 doctors, as well as at least three veterinarians.

LINK

SDJ, Unk p, VestraLux and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@stargazer)

Seeing a very beautiful bright blue light at the end of tunnel!

My state, New Mexico, turned totally blue, with strong, intelligent women at the helm... and I am totally celebrating!:-)

SDJ, Unk p, VestraLux and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tag22)
Prominent Member Registered

I saw that, Stargazer!  I am so happy for you and us!  We are neighbors. I'm in Colorado and the dems took both houses and the governor's office here too. 

SDJ, Unk p, BlueBelle and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

ReplyQuote
(@vestralux)

"Ari: Dems. Crushed Trump In Biggest Midterm Blowout In 40 Years"

https://youtu.be/JcCKhhYt7vE

"In a Special Report, Ari Melber breaks down how Democrats had a decisive victory in the 2018 midterm elections, winning more House seats than they have in 40 years. Melber examines the myth of divided Government and shows how Americans have not been going back-and-forth in deciding which party should win the White House, but have in fact, by popular vote, preferred a Democrat for President in 6 of the last 7 Presidential races."

For anyone who may still be vulnerable to the mystifying media messaging that Democrats didn't actually see a blue wave, watch this.

This week's Midterms saw the largest Democratic win on record in over four decades. More than that, this report by an arguably mainstream anchor simply and irrefutably makes clear that the country has been predominantly voting Democrat in the majority of elections, major and minor, for years. The problem—as one pundit recently put it—is that Democrats are professionals at losing elections we've actually won. 

Women slightly outnumber men. And minorities will soon outnumber whites in this country. But a majority doesn't equal power. It never really has. 

By a majority, our country votes with Democrats, yet the minority party has been making the rules or subverting them for far too long. And as Ari explains, that means we haven't actually been living in a democracy. 

At least not yet.  

I believe we will; it's our destiny. We've just had a lot of unacknowledged historical karma to resolve before we could truly begin, and I feel deeply that that's what this time has been all about.

You know what's interesting about the metaphor of a blue wave? It has the power to wash the land clean. So, don't let anyone make you think we didn't call those waters forth. We did. 

???????????

SDJ, Unk p, LalaBella and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Baba
(@baba)

The final decision on the Governorship of Georgia has not yet been decided and the situation is looking contentious. I decided to pick one tarot card each for Stacey Abrams and Brian Kemp to try to get an idea of the general situation. As I was laying out the (Rider Waite) deck, two cards dislodged so I picked those two and got The Empress reversed for Stacey Abrams and The High Priestess reversed for Brian Kemp. Am I right in guessing that this generally means gridlock and a rocky road ahead for both? Unfortunately, I don’t yet understand the subtleties of the cards. Kemp has already declared that he is the winner and was more or less forced to step down from his position of Secretary of State yesterday due to litigation against his being in control of the election while being a candidate. Stacey Abrams, on the other hand, is planning on suing to ensure that all votes are counted and is ultimately hoping for a runoff.  Does anyone else get a read on the situation?

VestraLux, Jeanne Mayell, Matt and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tag22)
Prominent Member Registered

Posted by: TaG22

I saw that, Stargazer!  I am so happy for you and us!  We are neighbors. I'm in Colorado and the dems took both houses and the governor's office here too. 

My above response to Stargazer and NM going all blue with awesome women leading the way may not have came across the way I meant it. I apologize.  I didn't intend to take away from that amazing victory.  I should have finished my thought. 

I am very excited and hopeful with both of our states blue now.  In fact, most of the states in the west now have a Democratic governor.  As a Congressman, Jared Polis supported Medicare for All.  As governor, he is hoping to work with western states (or anyone interested. The more the merrier) to form our own universal health system.  He specifically has mentioned working with NM.  That is how Canada did it.  It was started in certain areas and spread until it went nationwide.  CO started legal marijuana and it is spreading across the nation.  I don't see why that can't happen with good affordable healthcare for everyone.  Go Big Blue!

Bee, mariad, Unk p and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@adora)
Estimable Member Registered

Okies here it goes for those of you who feel like you took a loss in the midterms (obviously you are all still very happy though):

These are from Nate Silver – from FiveThirtyEight.  His polling site is about as trustworthy as you’ll find, using a clear methodology, pulling from a wide variety of data with regular updates.  The site’s articles have a slight left lean bias, but it’s data is solid.

“Overall, though, we've gone from what looked like what looked like about D +33 House and R +3-4 Senate late Tuesday night to what now could wind up more like D +36-40 House and R +1-2 Senate. Probably enough to merit a reassessment.”  

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1060704220624629760

And this article will give you all heart to keep the fight up:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-2018-map-looked-a-lot-like-2012-and-that-got-me-thinking-about-2020/

So they called it too soon on various news networks to say that a Blue Wave was much smaller than expected.  You had a huge one – so big it overcame the 7-8 point hill Dem’s had to climb up first before breaking over.  In most other democratic government systems it would have been a sweep.  The loss of some of the most publicized races stung, but they are not the whole story (they are also not yet over though with recounts!).

Keep your eyes forward to 2020.

And as a Canadian:  Bless Tommy Douglas!  (he gave us our health care system :) )

SDJ, Unk p, CDeanne and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!  "In a Special Report, Ari Melber breaks down how Democrats had a decisive victory in the 2018 midterm elections, winning more House seats than they have in 40 years. Melber examines the myth of divided Government and shows how Americans have not been going back-and-forth in deciding which party should win the White House, but have in fact, by popular vote, preferred a Democrat for President in 6 of the last 7 Presidential races."

SDJ, mariad, Unk p and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mas1581)

If not for the electoral college, there wouldnt have been a GOP 0resident since the first Bush. GW lost the pop vote to Gore and although he did win it in 2004, the odds of him unseating Gore that year after 9/11 would be slim at best since he should have only been the challenger not the incumbant

Jeanne Mayell, Unk p, VestraLux and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

"I believe we will; it's our destiny. We've just had a lot of unacknowledged historical karma to resolve before we could truly begin, and I feel deeply that that's what this time has been all about."

VestraLux-- As I've been saying for years now, it's as if the entire country was built on someone else's sacred ground with no acknowledgment or reparations.

Jeanne Mayell, Unk p, VestraLux and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@stargazer)

Tag... I hate politics, and politicians, but as unfortunate as it is that we have all been thrust into this 'alternate universe' of having to battle this insanity on the most intrinsic levels, I still have hope that we will all regain our state of grace in the light of the new era dawning.

A while ago this message came to me.....

Stay confident... walk in your strength... choose your battles wisely... and keep your sense of humour to save your sanity.

I too get really exhausted and just have to shut down sometimes but then I realize that my 'shields' aren't up and I'm way too open to all of the chaos going on..... then I have to tune in to the simplicity of pure goodness for awhile, like breathing with the trees or working with herbs, watching the nightsky unfold or beautiful clouds forming in amazing ways (sometimes I see very definite signs in the clouds too, lol)..... 

It's so wonderful that Colorado and NM are leading the way to the restoration of our Constitution, along with so many others whose hearts are in sync. I still think that Beto won in Texas tho, and that little 'razorthin' edge that gave Cruz the win was rigged, not unlike the little edges that put the Idiot in the WH.

Still, that beautiful blue light is getting brighter with each new day.

Jeanne Mayell, SDJ, Unk p and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@vestralux)

[This became a surprise transmission from some of our country's beautiful guiding lights, so I'm going to honor it by posting. It may not fit the thread, but Jeanne will let me know if it should be moved. It began in response to Laura.] 

It's true that this ground was sacred and that it was forcibly taken by imperialists with little regard for its inhabitants or its health. Many have known this cognitively since shortly after the country was formed, but that isn't the same as understanding a thing holistically, which requires seeing and feeling with the heart—and therefore intimately understanding its consequences. To do that, we have to grow up as a people, to develop and evolve. And that takes time.

There have been many other traumas on this ground since, which we all know, but I'm being reminded that there was already painful karma here from before Europeans arrived. A few even believed this karma—or wetiko—was the curse which brought them.

As my Muscogee and Chickasaw great-grandmothers, who've been my guides all my life (both were matrilineal tribes!) tell me, white men weren't the first to create this kind of karma in the world, or even the more imaginative, only the more prolific. And therefore more deadly.

As patriarchal energy grew everywhere, many men on this landmass began waring their brothers, attempting to dominate one another and take over or obliterate fellow tribes by carrying out gruesome and unnatural modes of conquest. They raided and slaughtered, burned homes and villages, brutalized women and children. They took slaves. And they believed all of it their sovereign right.

There were also many women who agreed and supported them.

No one is without stain. We all have trauma to heal, and therefore karma to resolve. One of the consequences of our unhealed karmic story has been "victim/oppressor" dynamics, which, because it is a worldview lens, is also a dimension or sphere. It's a very real spacetime zone that holds cyclic and parallel lifetimes. We've all been inside that sphere, revolving through these lifetimes and therefore playing out these victim/oppressor roles repeatedly (and will remain there until we transition from that worldview lens, which many are already doing).

But no one is always the victim. We may despise the tyrant today, only to become him tomorrow. (The Grandmothers are asking me to imagine how hard it was to return as a Confederate soldier! ... There's laughter.)

Anything from the past that's unresolved is bound to repeat. And if we're always repeating the past, we don't actually have free will—or rather, we're unable to access it. Instead, we're numb and dissociated from all of that trauma/karma we keep bumping into but refusing to acknowledge. And that means we're walking around asleep.

But democracy is all about free will. Which suggests that we won't be able to actualize it until we resolve our past and wake up to the true present. Resolving trauma takes a great deal of courage, however, because it requires full accountability from all. If we're always seeing an oppressor as external to us, and demanding he be called to account, we aren't standing in that space. We're projecting, rather than owning. Ours is a holographic universe; as without, so within.

True compassion is maybe the hardest work of all. It sees with a gentleness of heart, but roars with the strength of a lion. Compassion doesn't condone or allow behaviors that cause harm, but it does accept beings without judgment. It understands that actions are not souls, and roles are temporary. It loves fiercely enough to demand change—of the other, as well as the self. Because there's no separation.

The Grandmothers have realized incredible compassion, and offer it to our country now, regardless of race or creed or religion, or any other temporal role we play. They say that what is sacred can never be tarnished, so the land remains holy, whatever its traumas. When we begin to recognize ourselves as holy, we'll find ourselves in a new sphere, on a new Earth, in a new time—which is all around us already and just waiting to be seen.  

Jeanne Mayell, villager, Bee and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@stargazer)

So right on Mas... the electoral college should have been thrown out long ago. It's totally archaic and ironically was based on the slaver states way back when. It has no valid reason to exist in our modern world, and should be abolished. The "popular" vote is the real vote!

Jeanne Mayell, SDJ, mariad and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@stargazer)

Beautifully written Vestralux!

It's a good thing that there are long delays in our comments being actually posted at times.... it took me a while to contemplate the profundity of your 'transmission' above here. Wow! Have you ever been published?

VestraLux and VestraLux reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

The negative about a one person one vote is the fact that a president (or candidate) might  only pander to highly populated states and ignore states with less population.  California, New York, Mass, Florida and so forth would have WAY to much influence, more than now I would think.  

Of course, one might be spared the dreaded presidential commercials during election season if they were to say, live in Montana or Alaska.  I wonder what effect splitting the electoral votes has had in places like Maine and Nebraska?

ReplyQuote
(@vestralux)

Thank you so much, Stargazer. ?

I've written many books which have been published, but I think what you're asking is whether I'm known for this, and that answer is no. I'm a ghostwriter by profession. Because you're an astrologer, you'll understand why when I tell you that, although I'm a double Sagittarius (Sun and Ascendant, woohoo!), my Virgo Moon (9th house) is conjunct my Midheaven in Virgo in the 10th. 

All of this means that I'm here to offer my work in honor of a sacred ideal and in service to the collective. My clients are well-known figures whose work is about consciousness evolution, spirituality and healing, and transformational leadership. I'm pretty dang lucky. 

The post you're acknowledging here occurs as a kind of channeling, which only happened after I started posting on this site, and took me completely by surprise. My daughter and I (most of my mother's line, actually) are mediumistic, but I've never been an automatic writer. The idea kind of freaked me out, if I'm honest. (I personally don't allow entities to enter or use my body in any way.)

I don't think what's happening here classifies as automatic writing because I'm very much still using my skills as an editor and refiner of language and ideas, but there's no question in me that a higher voice is stepping in and guiding my way. It doesn't come from me, but through me. It isn't mine.

The voice feels both singular and collective, maybe a future synthesis of my ancestral line? Or something more, maybe something which contains all of us. It's distinct but vast. The Grandmothers I've always known belong to it, but there was a time when they didn't, and they've shown me that.

All I know is that I'm just a scribe. Which is still a profound honor. 

About a month ago, I recalled a past/parallel life as a young Catholic monk in the early 15th century. (This was a shock too, since I hadn't put a lot of stock in being able to remember other lives before.) Much of that lifetime revolved around the skill of learning to perfectly transcribe sacred texts. Then this week I participated in a group meditation that had a surprising guided instruction: to invite in all of the skills and talents we had acquired throughout all lifetimes so they may be fully remembered and actualized in this one. Beautiful synchronicities.

[People seriously have to be annoyed by my long posts/diversions from the topic. Maybe I need a guided meditation for that!]  ?  

Jeanne Mayell, Marley, villager and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@stargazer)

Vestralux... I can see you in 15th c. Italy, surrounded by much embellishment and wealth, tho very ahead of your time and celibrated. Also another lifetime, an ancient one as a Viking stands out.

Since Jupiter is in Sag now, it would be the time to launch those dreams of writing your own transcripts.... you are so talented and knowledgeable! And if your natal Mercury is ahead of your Sun, I don't see how you could resist. Leading seminars would be a wonderful high road for you... so many people would benefit from your incredible gift. 

Barbara Hand Clow (the author) reminds me a lot of you... she led excursions to mystical places on the globe, like to the pyramids, and took many people with a very spiritual cast along (Black Elk, Rudy Geller... others that you might recognize) into the vortexes to seek 'keys of light'. She has written a number of books, and her work on Chiron is one of my favorites.

Sorry for getting carried away a bit here. We probably should have put this discussion in the astrology thread that you posted.... anyway, apologies to Jeanne, and thank you for your inspirations V. (very much appreciated by someone with a Sag/Virgo square too)

Marley, VestraLux, Marley and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@vestralux)

Stargazer, thank you for this and I'll post my reply in the astrology thread.   ? 

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

Anothrt win for Democrats in the senate Sinema wins!!

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usatoday.com/story/1984332002

Jeanne Mayell, VestraLux, mariad and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 7 / 8
Share: