Nikki Haley Resigns

Notifications
Clear all

Nikki Haley Resigns

(@michele-b)
Illustrious Member Registered
Topic starter  

UN Ambassador, Nikki Haley has just resigned. Reporters just left the Oval Office, where she said she expressed her wishes to President Trump 6 months ago though it has come as a complete surprise to others. She handed in her resignation to the president about 20 minutes ago.

How does this fit into other surprise resignations, our predictions?

Thoughts?

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/10/09/politics/nikki-haley-resignation/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dnikki%2Bhailey%2Bresigns%26ie%3Dutf-8%26oe%3Dutf-8%26client%3Dfirefox-b-1

ReplyQuote
(@rosieheart)
Famed Member Registered

Yesterday, a Federal watch dog group asked the Inspector General to investigate whether Haley accepted thousands in free luxury travel for herself and her husband from several business men.  I suspect that is the real reason she is resigning today.   Trump and Haley didn't want to get into another Pruitt situation right before the midterms.

Here is the letter sent to the Inspector General:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/storage.citizensforethics.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/08175317/2018-10-8-Haley-gifts-flights.pdf

LB and LB reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mas1581)

This will probably be used twofold for the WH. First, to avoid more public corruption before the election, and second, since the Kavamaugh fight was fuel for the base, I see Trump picking an extremely controversial replacement for her to drum up more heavy democratic backlash and further paint them as obstructionists. 

ReplyQuote
(@rosieheart)
Famed Member Registered

Posted by: MAS1581

This will probably be used twofold for the WH. First, to avoid more public corruption before the election, and second, since the Kavamaugh fight was fuel for the base, I see Trump picking an extremely controversial replacement for her to drum up more heavy democratic backlash and further paint them as obstructionists. 

Jim Acosta on CNN is saying that "sources" have told him that Trump is considering nominating Ivanka.   However, the way Haley went on this morning about Jared Kushner's "hidden genius" I would not be entirely surprised if he is Trump's nominee.

ReplyQuote
(@tag22)
Prominent Member Registered

If the nominee is either Ivanka or Jared, it might be that they asked daddy if they could go back to their lives in New York.

LalaBella, RosieHeart, LalaBella and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kksali)
Noble Member Registered

I saw someone suggest this is going on:
Jeff sessions out as AG.
Lindsey Graham in as AG.
Nikki Haley leaves her job as ambassador to the UN, and becomes the newly appointed senator from South Carolina.

Marley and Marley reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

Doubtful about Ivanka. She would need a financial discloser for for the hearing process.

ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

*financial discloser form

ReplyQuote
(@tag22)
Prominent Member Registered

From what I hear, there is a law against Trump putting a relative in a position like that. Even with a financial disclosure form.  I am sure that hasn't stopped him from considering it, though.

ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Topic starter  

When asked about it in a "stop by" reporter's question, he said people would would say it was nepotism but that she'd be fantastic at it. I do love how he makes me laugh ? Another page/same book.

Jeanne Mayell, RosieHeart, TaG22 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

The first thing I thought about Nikki Haley when I read this was "She's going to the Senate and then she's running for president in 2024."

This has me worried, because in past visions, I've seen a dark haired woman being sworn in as president, but the crowd is very angry about it.

ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Topic starter  

When Nikki Haley announced she would resign as U.S. ambassador to the United Nations at the end of the year, rumors swirled around her potential 2020 ambitions and next move out of President Trump’s administration.

But according to a news story her decision to resign also put a spotlight on her personal finances. Apparently, she's accrued hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt over the years.

Haley’s 2018 financial disclosure form showed various forms of debt, including between $25,000 and $65,000 in credit card debt and both a line of credit and a mortgage worth between $250,000 and $500,000, separately.

But in today's political climate, I wonder if any flaws or problems or vices make a difference to an ethically blind base of supporters.

She's saying no but again...it'll be interesting to see where she goes and what she does from here!

http://amp.timeinc.net/time/money/5420391/nikki-haleys-resignation-debt-finances

ReplyQuote
Share: