2024 Election Issue...

Notifications
Clear all

2024 Election Issues and Campaigns

(@robyn-koondel)
Eminent Member Contributor

@dannyboy Thank you for your comments.  It's good to be reminded that the predictions are still dependable.  Every now and then the news has me wondering if Trump could win after all, and that is a frightful prospect, as you know.  The predictions have saved me much anticipatory grief and have given me a viable measure of calm as we navigate this year leading up to the election.  Again, thank you so much for your response.  I wish the millions out there who worry could hear the predictions, too... I'm hoping, too, that Ukraine will still win Russia's vile war with them and look forward there, too, for continued assurances via the periodic predictions.  Best, Robyn

Freya, Tara Prete, Lauren and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@robyn-koondel)
Eminent Member Contributor

@cindy Thank you! :-)

Lauren reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tgraf66)
Illustrious Member Registered

Posted by: @robyn-koondel

I wish the millions out there who worry could hear the predictions, too

I certainly share your feeling about the calm that the predictions can bring, although I will admit to being much less calm at times even with the "knowing" that things will be okay. ;-)  Still, it may be a good thing that the millions haven't seen/heard the predictions because that might translate into people becoming complacent, which is how we got into this mess in the first place. 😅

2ndfdl, Tara Prete, Carolyn Hughes and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@autisticanthony)
Reputable Member Participant

Does anyone have any predictions on the U.S. Senate, specifically Sherrod Brown's seat in Ohio?

This article, which talks about how Ohio SoS Frank LaRose is trying to get Biden disqualified from Ohio's November General Election ballot, makes me suspect Republicans are moreso trying to do it to flip Brown's seat in Bernie Moreno's favor.  And possibly hurt Democrats further downballot in various Ohio U.S. House races.  Fewer Ohio Democrats coming out to vote for Biden (especially if they have to write him in) means fewer Brown supporters voting.

https://www.wvxu.org/2024-04-07/larose-biden-wont-be-on-ohio-ballot-unless-democratic-convention-is-moved-or-law-is-changed

Or is this another situation like when Wisconsin Republicans threatened to impeach Judge Janet unless she recused herself from the redistricting case...and, when she called their bluff, they backed off?

ReplyQuote
(@cindy)
Illustrious Member Registered Participant

Posted by: @tgraf66

Still, it may be a good thing that the millions haven't seen/heard the predictions because that might translate into people becoming complacent, which is how we got into this mess in the first place. 😅

That's on the blue end.

On the other end of the spectrum, TFG starts selling Bibles and golden idols tennis shoes to his followers after comparing himself to Jesus and in the week that follows, the Statue of Liberty gets struck by lightning, his golf course is a hair away from the epicenter of an earthquake, there's a total eclipse of the sun, and locusts start emerging-yet they don't seem to be getting the message either. 🤣 

2ndfdl, raincloud, matildagirl and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)

@cindy lol, i was just reading this article in The Guardian :

A thrice-married man who refers to the Eucharist as a “little cracker”, was apparently unable to name a single Bible verse and says he has never asked God for forgiveness was always an unlikely hero for the most conservative Christians in the US.

But in both 2016 and 2020, Donald Trump resoundingly won the vote of white evangelicals. Now, with Trump having almost certainly secured the Republican nomination for 2024 and eyeing a return to the White House, his campaign is doubling down on religious imagery, securing the evangelical base and signaling sympathies with Christian nationalism.

Indeed, the former US president’s relationship with the religious right has deepened so much that Trump is now comfortable with comparing himself to their messiah.

A "little cracker" ?   Really?  It's always, always projection with this guy.

2ndfdl, Freya, Tara Prete and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 KMac
(@kathleen)
Noble Member Contributor

@unk-p Thanks for the belly laugh! Someday Hollywood or, even better, BBC (think Monte Python), should make a mockumentary of the wooing of all of Trump's crackers. There's an avalanche of material from the media, scads of personal testimonies of people that are convinced that he's the Messiah. A hundred years from now, no one will believe the stupidity. I can barely believe it now.

MtGal99, Tara Prete, Carolyn Hughes and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cindy)

Posted by: @unk-p

It's always, always projection with this guy

Not according to Stormy Daniels. 😉

Freya, Vesta, Lauren and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cindy)

@unk-p, on a more serious note, some time ago on NPR I heard a discussion about the evangelicals & their choice of TFG. Basically, they don't think he's the messiah, just the opposite. They think he's more like the Anti-Christ who will bring about the rapture (which they are convinced they will be chosen ones to ascend leaving the rest of us sinners behind). It's sad really. 

Rolling Stone did a similar article some time ago as well.

2ndfdl, Freya, Tara Prete and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)

@cindy i feel so bad for Stormy.  She probably has PTMD* now. It's easy to romanticize the sex worker life. When the strippers first formed a union in SF, i was so proud of them.  Cheering them on when they showed up at organizing meetings, plastering their stickers on street signs. But i never really considered how awful it must be to have a client like...

...that guy.  I'm surprised Stormy didn't quit, on the spot.  Like, move to North Dakota and join a nunnery, quit.

*post-traumatic mushroom disorder

2ndfdl, Baba, FEBbby23 and 6 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 KMac
(@kathleen)
Noble Member Contributor

@cindy There's a new book that I've been awaiting at the library called "The Kingdom, the Power and the Glory" by Tim Alberta. I heard him interviewed on NPR recently. He hasn't left the Southern Baptist ministry, but he's not part of the MAGA evangelical crowd. He has some interesting insights as an insider and said that the evangelicals follow Trump transactionally; I.e., you do this thing for me and I'll vote for you. So, overturning Roe vs. Wade was a big win and they're waiting for many other promises/miracles to be fulfilled by him. If he doesn't deliver, they'll look for someone else.

raincloud, Vesta, Lauren and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

@unk-p 

PTMD! Hahahahahahaha

I laughed hard at that

Vesta and Lauren reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tgraf66)

@kathleen I saw an interesting take a bit ago that said that the Evangelicals don't see him as a messiah, but as the anti-christ, and they want to intentionally put him back in office to jump-start the "end times"/rapture/whatever it is they believe.

raincloud, Vesta, Lauren and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cindy)

There is so much family Karma in that family playing out. Stormy is contributing to bringing down TFG. Just look up TFG's grandfather, Frederick. Freddy boy left Germany to avoid conscription. He started as a barber upon landing in the US and staying with his sister. Tho he was only 16 when he immigrated, by 22 he moved to Seattle to follow the gold rush, buying a restaurant to feed the miners and ran a brothel in the upper floor. When he sold the restaurant to try and return to Germany, he wanted to purchase a plot of land on which to build a hotel, but couldn't afford it. What did he do? He bought the mineral rights to the land, as corruption was rampant back then, no one said anything when he built a hotel for the miners on land he didn't hold title to. Sex trafficking, gambling, hotels, restaurants, draft dodging, con artistry is the family business. 

TFG's father took over TFG's grandfather's business and eventually lost his ability to work in NY after being convicted of profiteering (for which he was investigated by the government in both the 1950s and 60s). This is why TFG ended up as head of the organization in 1971-his father lost his business license because of his corruption. 

So following family tradition, I find it Karmic that a sex worker is playing a part in the fall of the family. 

Freya, 2ndfdl, FEBbby23 and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@april)
Noble Member Registered

Wow! This hits so hard! I just saw this Biden for President commercial. He just took off the gloves! (Roe trigger warning)

https://youtu.be/wInNjr_9D28?si=zbz-NwfTxi7lBfrV

Lauren, JourneyWithMe2, Carolyn Hughes and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 KMac
(@kathleen)
Noble Member Contributor

@april Each time I see this, it just breaks my heart. It's such a raw depiction of pain and it's so deeply affecting. I respect her so much for being willing to put her story out there knowing ahead of time that she'll be dismissed by the MAGA evangelists.

ghandigirl, Lauren, MtGal99 and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 15 / 15
Share: