Notifications
Clear all

North Korea, Trump, and kim, and the peace talks.

(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

She must have deleted it. People are allowed to delete their posts within a certain time period. it was about her worry that a draft would be instituted if our country went to war. I want to also add that our country has been fighting wars in several countries for fifteen years, and no draft yet. 

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

actually it's still there, Paul.  Okay, actually it's there but it says in small print that it's awaiting moderation so maybe I hadn't realized that it wasn't officially posted when I responded it to it. My bad!  So I just approved it.  Ever since we got that spammer a few weeks ago who posted about 9,000 words of spam in the forum, I now required newbies to await moderation for the first few posts.  But I hadn't noticed that her post was not posted. It looks the same as all the posts except for tiny printed message that only I see that says "awaiting moderation". Sorry!

Paul W, Laynara, Paul W and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Here's is a channeled message I got this week while meditating with Brian, a reader/meditation teacher who  helped me create this website.  It is filled with hope.  I think it might help  anyone who is afraid right now. 

https://www.jeannemayell.com/a-channeled-message-of-hope-about-our-world/

This spirit guide is new to me.  He had a message for all of you. 

BlueBelle, Brandy, Lola and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laynara)
Noble Member Registered

Jeanne,

That message was very enlightening; thank you so much for sharing it with us! I can't wait to see the end result of all the change in the future as everyone begins appreciating and loving one another!

ReplyQuote
(@kim-k)
Reputable Member Registered

Jeanne, what a beautiful message, thank you. One the things I have notice for few years that you mention the mobile homes. There is the tiny house movement. I don't know if this is related to this. Although it do make sense that I've been picking up for the last little while. I been seeing about a dozen of these tiny houses on wheels in each group, where they farm together, and contribute with each of their skills to make their little community more efficient. 

BlueBelle, Laynara, Jeanne Mayell and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

Saibh,

Welcome. I worry about a draft also, and am grateful to have a daughter and no sons. Nothing intuitive to say here, but something to look into is that certain organized religions have the ability for draftees to declare themselves "Conscientious Objector" in the event of war time draft. Quaker is one, but I'm sure that's not so feasible. I recommend looking into a local Unitarian Universalist Church, as they welcome all belief systems (or none), and if your son signs on as a member he can declare himself an Objector if he needs to. Membership in a UU church requires that one signs the membership book, and makes a token (read: affordable) donation, regular attendance is not required at all, and as I said, UUs welcome all belief systems and do not require you to reject or cease attending a service of faith anywhere else. Peace to you.

Jeanne Mayell, BlueBelle, Paul W and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@saibh)
Famed Member Registered

Thank you for your feedback. It helps me step out of the knee-jerk fear of the unknown and look more carefully at what is going on. I love what you said about the uprising of our youth to push back at what is threatening them. I loved my parents' stories from the 60s ... of spreading love and peace ... of my dad driving to Chicago to protest the Vietnam war, where his older brother was fighting after getting called up in the draft ... and it occurs to me that we are seeing that again. I've attended marches and rallies in the past year, and the collective voice IS being raised, and our youth and women are leading the charge. That gives me a lot of hope. Laura, I also appreciate your thoughts on conscientious objector and UU. I've long been curious about the UU church, but it's a touchy subject around my house (husband is a missionary kid/pastor's kid; son is closet atheist) ... I would likely get mocked (lovingly, but also "are you crazy?") for suggesting it. Where I seek spirit and peace and compassion from a religious community, my husband wants to wear khakis and listen to a sermon before coming home to a casserole, and my son would just quietly roll his eyes. When I tell him that I will drive him to Canada rather than see him fight an unnecessary war, he just pats me on the head and tells me he would do his duty if it came to that. So I'll just keep fervently putting my prayer of peace into the universe.

Laynara, Jeanne Mayell, LalaBella and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

Just so everyone knows, UU churches accept atheists and humanists (and everything else). Sounds like your son has his own ideas.

Paul W, Laynara, Jeanne Mayell and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4
Share: