Notifications
Clear all

Old Predictions I did in 2013,14, and 15 for the long term future

(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

@danielle 

Welcome, Long Time Lurker First Time Poster!

@dannyboy

Thanks for posting the more positive side from Jeanne!

@jeanne-mayell

Again-really appreciate your posts, and appreciate that they serve more as cautionary than as doom and gloom.  We have to acknowledge the dark in order to stay in the light.

PamP, Seeker4, Tiger-n-Owl and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@the-happy-medium)
Reputable Member Registered

I’m surprised some folks are frightened by bad news now or what’s ahead - as if what we’ve been through in the past was always pleasant and certain. 

To me, it’s like watching the part of the movie - the part When All Seems Lost - the part where you will not Get Out of Your Seat because you don’t want to miss this part of the movie.  Without that tension, the sweetness of the new morning just seems like another day.  

So, yes, these are hard times, these “are the Alps” but would you want to miss what’s about to happen.  Bad falling and good rising?  It’s like a home renovation and you’re having to use your bedroom sink as your kitchen sink cause the kitchen is ripped out.  It’s to be expected to be uncomfortable during such a big transition. 

Our belief in what we see that is bad - or hard visions to come - is also fortifying because it allows us to give credence to what is good and arising. What our heart of hearts believes to be true (even if there's nothing that supports your own compass) is true?

For now, as just a regular person I can’t do much, but I can pick up trash when I see it.  I can see if a dog owner will let me walk his miserable dog who sits all day and waits for someone that never comes home.  I can be nice to people I don’t know and kind to those I do. These are not easy times, but they are exciting and it’s great to see how small players these days are making huge impacts.

I love these posts about the good and the bad and the light we all see…and are we privileged to be here now, with the gifts we have and the light we can share.  Now is the time you’d want to show up,  Now is the time, in the rising darkness, to be excited about the light that pushes it all back.  

PamP, CC21, Maggieci and 27 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@debbie-m)
Noble Member Registered

@dannyboy With recent SCOTUS rulings it appears out with the old just isn't happening. I feel we are going backwards and at 75 I am out of energy to fight anymore. I wish to enjoy the rest of the time I have left. It is the younger generations turn since it is their future.  

PamP, Seeker4, Tiger-n-Owl and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bluebelle)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@jeanne-mayell I found your site right after the 2016 election.  The day after that election, I felt as though a heavy, dark weight had descended upon my shoulders and recognized it as a premonition of hard times ahead.  

In those early predictions on your site, I recognized that you saw the warning signs, too.  We have all been through tremendous trauma during the last six years, a trauma that seems to be ongoing despite the election of a Democrat president, house and senate.  Our government is deeply divided and my sense is that we will never go back to the way things were.  (This is not a bad thing!!) And I sense that it will take decades to rebuild our institutions after the damage caused by TFG and Republicans.  Even if we can enlarge our majorities in the House and Senate in the fall, there will still be division in our country.  There will still be climate change that must be dealt with.

Jeanne, is it possible that the timeline for many of these predictions may have accelerated?  That’s a question that kept going through my mind as I read them.  Now that doesn’t mean that I think the coastal cities will be submerged sooner, but it seems a given that will happen as climate change progresses.  Specifically, I was thinking that market volatility may resolve sooner.  While the market has been volatile for several months now, I have not had any premonition or worry about it.

I think your predictions about the Capitol becoming less important is amazing.  With the recent radical decisions by our politicized Supreme Court, the Red states are hammering down excessive cruelty in their legislatures, while the Blue states are taking matters into their own hands to thwart the decisions of the court.  We are all realizing we shouldn’t overlook the powers of local and state governments.

I wonder if some of those predictions are pointing to events outside our country, too.  Climate change will drive migration, but also wars cause dislocation.  We are about to see the effects of war on food supplies as Ukraine struggles to ship their grain to many third world countries.

@danielle and @lynnventura I loved your posts!  Thank you.  They were very uplifting.  And Jeanne, I think you were led to post these old predictions.  We shouldn’t think that ours is a struggle of a few months or a few years.  We have purpose in persisting through dark times and recognizing that there are much better days ahead, if not for us, then for our families, our descendants.

Another thought I had while reading your post, Jeanne, is that we need to keep in mind that our brighter visions balance out the dark ones.  We’ve developed new traditions in our read the future exercises by starting out with messages to humanity.  They are all uplifting, totally positive and reassuring.  We need this balance.  

https://www.jeannemayell.com/community/new-set-of-timeline-predictions/latest-visions-for-rtf-9-26-21-messages-to-humanity-october-november-2021/

PamP, tybin, TriciaCT and 25 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @lenor

@jeanne-mayell WOW! As much as I try and be optimistic about the future of the planet, I really believe that the powers that be will destroy much of this planet which , in turn, will make life hard for our grandchildren and great grandchildren. I realize that many are waking up to the reality of climate change but the elites control too much of what contributes to the poisoning of our planet with money and power are their only goals. Since the function of the planet is to maintain life, the planet will adapt to what we are doing to it. And those adaptions are not going to care about the whim of the elites, but will make life miserable for everyone. The poorest will suffer the most and this makes me sad.

Lenor, I don't think it's going to come to that. These predictions made in 2014 were bits of visions of the future, but they never show the end of the world or all the coastal cities lost. They show upsets, awakenings, bad news that hits us like firecrackers.  They show the news that becomes the wake-up call to action.  I've had other "knowings" over the years that many will wake up as the situation worsens and then begin to turn it around.

As climate change accelerates, so too will the people begin in an accelerated way to rise up into action.  We already know what we have to do to turn it around. It will take some major painful climate events to wake enough people up and get people moving, but I have no doubt that we will get going. We are on the verge of an electrification movement that will change how we travel and how we heat and cool buildings.  We have the technology to green this planet and there are new technologies being studied for even more radical reversals. We just need the collective will.  

PamP, tybin, CC21 and 19 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @debbie-m

@dannyboy With recent SCOTUS rulings it appears out with the old just isn't happening. We are going backwards and at 75 I am out of energy to fight anymore. 

Debbie, I understand your exhaustion. Many of the people here are also in the senior years and most have been warning about these issues for years too. If you have given up and are angry that is where you are. Sounds like you need and deserve the rest you crave.  Fortunately there are many millions of people who are working day and night. It's going to take legions of warriors to bring on the Great Turning and they are hard at work, thankfully. Thank you for letting us know you are in pain. In the future, please post in the Prayers Needed thread which is designed for people to share when they are struggling, and provides the best space for the rest of us to send you the loving kindness and healing you deserve. 

@lynnventura, I am so inspired by the power of your post.   Like you, throughout these past five years when I would find myself going through bouts of distress and bitterness, my thoughts turn to the African slaves who lived through four centuries of bondage with no relief for their pain other than what they could muster in their imaginations.   At least I can tune out and live in luxury.  But they had to face centuries of horrific conditions.   When  I'm exhausted, ill, or depressed,  I drop back and wait for renewed energy to come. 

PamP, CC21, Seeker4 and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Here is the graph that spirit showed me back in 2014 that has become seared in my mind. So far it has come true if you think of the graph as our Collective spirit.  Notice the increasing volatility that began in 2017 and 2018, then the drop at the end of 2019, and the earnest drop of 2020 which I felt included the entire year and was a pivotal year -- all have happened.  

The graph I show you here is an approximation of what I saw in my inner vision as I sat alone in my room in a silent week-long retreat at the Insight Meditation Society in Barre, Massachusetts.

After 2020, the line began climbing back up, although I could feel some up and down movement in 2022 and perhaps 2023, which we are seeing now in the markets.  But the clear direction after 2020 was a gradual climb back up and culminated some time between 2025 and 2028 with two women at the top of a new mountain, holding hands, smiling and flashing victory signs. I thought they might be president and Vice President.  For those who feel we are going backwards, progress is never linear, but curvilinear, a spiral, so there will always be backward movement even when the overall direction is positive. 

I have posted this vision in graph form many times over the years and I know some have seen it. I redrew it for greater clarity here. During that time, I would "see" a similar graph on the locker room shower walls where I used to swim.  It simply would not go away.  

mhb, PamP, TriciaCT and 34 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lyndsayt)
Honorable Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell this graph seems so accurate to what we have been going through. Even from 2020-2022.

Although this is hard to get through (it is deeply affecting my mental well being as it is for others here), I try and think of it like therapy. It always gets worse before it gets better. You can’t change the things you can’t see so you have to be woken up to them, and that is painful. I hold in my highest of hopes we climb upwards rather than follow in the footsteps of other fascist regimes. History can teach us much and if we do the collective work, we can heal rather than going back. 

PamP, Jeanne Mayell, Seeker4 and 19 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@the-happy-medium I LOVE this post! It is so refreshing and is a wonderful way to look at our situation.  At life.  Thank you!

PamP, Jeanne Mayell, Vesta and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tgraf66)
Illustrious Member Registered

*sigh* @jeanne-mayell Like @debbie-m, I *am* exhausted, not just with what's happening in the US government, but also with some things that are going on personally.  I won't address those in this thread, but as Debbie said, it's hard to maintain the energy to fight.  On the other hand, there is a part of me that refuses to give in completely, even if I have to step away to rest, which is why I do see a bit of a bright spot in this clarified graph you've posted, Jeanne.

I notice that the lowest point in 2022 is just before 2023 and aligns relatively closely with when the mid-term elections will happen.  The rise begins shortly after that, and apart from the drop in what looks to be about April of 2023 and another about July/August of 2024, it seems to go well from there, so....we'll see. :-)

I think what hit me the hardest in reading the repost of your predictions that started this thread was that the ones you posted seemed to be only the negative ones: war, flooding, drought, displaced people and animals, lawlessness, food shortages, etc. You've since said that there are more positive ones, and reading through the list again, there are a few there, but it might help if you could find  and post some of the more positive things you may have seen in your vision to balance it out, if there are any.  I realize that you saw what you saw, and you can't pretend it's anything other than what it is, but if there is anything that might be a bit more uplifting than waiting another year or more for things to improve, it would be helpful.

PamP, CC21, deetoo and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ana)

@jeanne-mayell 

Your graph even shows an uptick after the 2020 election, which correlates with Biden's victory and some renewed (if temporary) optimism.  Quite the detail!

PamP, CC21, deetoo and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dannyboy)

@debbie-m  @tgraf66  @jeanne-mayell 

I think a story might help.

A few years ago I directed a community theater musical.  One of the characters, an older gentleman who had never been on stage before and I used to chat after rehearsal.  He said his wife was the political one, he just tried to keep his head down.  A few weeks ago I was invited to a launch party for a progressive candidate running in our deep red zone and I ran into him.  I then got a call 3 days later because I had signed up to help one of the constitutional amendment petition drives and never heard back.  He gave me a petition for one of the ballot initiatives Michigan will have this fall (expanded voting access) - he's a coordinator for our area.  I took a ballot around and while dropping it off this morning I noted that I only got 10 signatures total (deep red and expanded voting access is not a red supported issue) he pointed out it's 10 signatures more than we had last week and that these are "safety zone signatures" - meaning they already have all the signatures they need to appear on the ballot but these will help if any are challenged.  He's also coordinating said candidate's ground game in our area.  And one of those signatures I collected from a non-family member came from someone who also asked to be put on the list so she could help out with this and future efforts too.

My point here:  people have been inspired to action.  It takes some time to get out of bed in the morning but I have never done a signature petition before.  My friend from community theater had been apathetic about politics, and the third friend who signed and wants to help has also decided enough is enough.  Find a candidate in your area and volunteer!  You'll start to see there's a ton of us doing the work.

So - full disclosure:  I started in the same place many of you did with the old predictions but - again, I think Jeanne shared them to show the collective trauma we've survived and that with all of it coming true, we're due for an uptick.  And yes - seeing that we're not out of "rock bottom" yet on the graph threw me for a loop but - the timing is the timing and it all seems to make sense.  We're still in for something this summer.  I think most of the elections where a Dem wins will be challenged going into the holidays, and I think it's going to take a little time to start the engine - but there are people are there laying the foundation to move us forward.  

PamP, Lauren, CC21 and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@danielle)
Reputable Member Registered

@lyndsayt I am reminded of The Matrix (which was sadly co-opted by nefarious people)…you wake up into a reality that seems gritty but is so much fuller and more compelling than the sanitized faux experience you had originally thought was reality. I think the hidden lesson of the movie was never about the fighting, etc. It is about not being afraid to see the universe for what it really is…in all its glory and in all its horror. If you refuse to see the horror, you can’t change it. 

PamP, Lauren, CC21 and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jackofhearts)
Noble Member Registered

I took the old predictions against today's backdrop much more positive; I have always seen things like a beach ball underwater that is being held so so so hard; the more effort made in holding it down, the more it will just shoot up higher and faster on its own.  To me, Jeanne's graph merely agrees with my analogy. 

I read and then wrote a few replies to Debbie, who I feel for.  Things are exhausting, and while they are less exhausting now with someone out of the limelight, it's only by degrees.  Imagine the exhaustion in trying to hold down that ball; weirdly, it lessens your own.  In psychology, sometimes they suggest imagining stress running off you like water washing it away; taking the visualization one step further, imagine letting it run into the pool where that beach ball is being held down.

PamP, Lauren, Vesta and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dannyboy)

@debbie-m Your question was "If millions of people are working 24/7 to change things then why aren't we seeing any results." - and the answer I gave listed what 3 of those millions (4 if you count the blue candidate in the red zone) are doing right this second to avert it.  Some of us have been awake to the danger for years.  And some woke up more recently.  But we all found each other in the space of a few days and our journeys are now moving together and we're not even close to being the only ones.  (Side note:  My friend texted me last night that they exceeded their signature goal and the Voters not Politicians Constitutional Amendment will appear on the ballot this November - another HUGE win for democracy and light.)

I can appreciate all the work you've done, and I deeply empathize with the sense of hopelessness because I've felt it myself.  Take all the rest you need and gear up to rejoin when you're able and comfortable.  In the meantime there's a bunch of us taking up the mantle - including everyone here.  Don't lose hope my friend.

PamP, Lauren, deetoo and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @jackofhearts

I took the old predictions against today's backdrop much more positive; I have always seen things like a beach ball underwater that is being held so so so hard; the more effort made in holding it down, the more it will just shoot up higher and faster on its own.  To me, Jeanne's graph merely agrees with my analogy.  

Love this analogy. I think the beachball is how a man of color got elected in 2008.  And then the beachball effect caused a fascist racist malignant narcissist to get elected in 2016.  It's a volatile time of extremes. The Republicans created that toxic high court.  

The Republicans are also a dying party. I don't give them past 2028.

I'd like to request that those who are in despair or depressed, please take it to the PRAYERS NEEDED thread so people can reach out to you there. 

Yes, we need and want to know how people feel when they are dispirited. You are all part of our collective community and we care about you and anyone else who is in despair.  I'm sure your difficult feelings are reflecting the feelings of many here, and I've had my own moments during these many years. 

But no, we don't want to all sink down so please refrain from posting hopelessness in a thread like this one that is meant for information, content, and predictions. we got your message loud and clear and, thanks to @lenor,  I am about to counter the 2014 visions with a long list of positive visions.  

If you are still in pain, please reach out for healing in the Prayers Needed thread because you are hurting and the healers here want to help you with your pain.

Despair is not an end point for our collective. It is something to be healed. It's a time when courage is needed.  We understand and care when any one of us gets discouraged.  But hopelessness causes defeat. And it's a known truth (there are studies) that optimists are more successful in solving problems than pessimists.  Optimists keep pushing on doors until they find the open ones.   

Some of my hard core republican friends are buying EV cars right now. It think that is a good sign. They are starting organic gardens too.  Something is shifting and it is shifting beneath the headlines. 

P.S.  I think Liz Cheney is incredibly courageous.  I never liked her father, but she has healed his karma.  She's a hero right now. 

PamP, JackofHearts, Lauren and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @tgraf66

You've since said that there are more positive ones, and reading through the list again, there are a few there, but it might help if you could find  and post some of the more positive things you may have seen in your vision to balance it out, if there are any.

The incredible @lenor has been compiling the past visions for this period that are positive. There are so many, that I will just start posting them in the Timeline thread. But I know there are more. 

PamP, JackofHearts, deetoo and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@herukane)
Noble Member Registered

I think sometimes we focus so much on the negative that we roll our eyes when positive things happen. So its good to see the good things too. 

Then there are those things that some people see as positive (federal government lessoning, state governments rising) that I do not see as positive becasue we need federal slash international slash worldly government. You need an aparatus to cover global issues when local operations can't do it. There is a reason the USA was incredibly successful - when an issue happens in one state the federal government can come in and help even when local resources are stretched. 

But yeah, I'm all for seeing a list of positive predictions. Things that show us not becoming 'simple' farmers with no technology and using bows and arrows to hunt (I don't find that a positive thing for example). 

"May we live in interesting times" indeed. I would have loved to have lived during the middle portion of a multi-thousand year golden age. And not the end of one world and the start of another. 

I do have hope that maybe the whole reason I can't find a focus on a potential career that I would love to do is because the career for me doesn't exist yet. That would be nice. 

Anyway, yeah, having some positive predictions or negative events that super turn positive sound really good. 

PamP, Lauren, deetoo and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jaidy)
Noble Member Registered

@herukane all of this reminds me of a zen koan from a book my children have- the ranchers horse gets away and the neighbors come by and say oh what bad luck and the rancher says, maybe. The horse comes back w two wild horses with it and the neighbors come by and say oh what good luck, the rancher responds, maybe. Then his son trying to break in one of the wild horses falls off and breaks his leg- when the neighbors come by this time they say sorry about your bad luck and the rancher again says: maybe. The next day the government comes by looking for men for the military to go to war and the son can’t be called up bc of his broken leg. 

everything that happens depends on how you look at it. Everything can be opportunity.

PamP, HeruKane, deetoo and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mistysue41)
Estimable Member Participant

My anxiety and depression has been really bad last few months 

Every day I watch video of Mallory McMorrow, Democrat from Michigan speech about not letting Hate Win. She is so inspiring.  She is right we have to stop hate.  We will win.  

PamP, Lauren, deetoo and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3
Share: