Notifications
Clear all

The Royal Family

(@isabelle)
Famed Member Registered

Thought the Coronation this weekend was a beautiful (if expensive!) spectacle full of archaic terms (" I pledge my liege..."), arcane symbols (the golden orb, various swords, gold and silver sticks, etc.) and gorgeous music & visuals --  but was happy to see a diverse crowd with many religions and races represented plus the same gospel group who sang at H&M's wedding. Clearly Charles (who cut down the ceremony by one-third compared to Queen E's Coronation) is trying to be far more inclusive to all.  Personally, I think he should have donated the $ 400mm he inherited from Queen E to the people of the UK being a billionaire already...but a significant amount of the UK seems to delight in all the pomp & circumstance and don't seem to be offended by the royal traditions like the golden carriage ride from Westminster Abbey.

Thought William, Kate and their children were resplendent and so dignified.  I'm not a fan of Harry & Meg particularly -- way too much entitled whining and narcissism for me.  But Charles has always been very environmentally-aware/climate change aware with an intellectual streak and a compassionate heart so I suspect Britain is in good hands. I'm sure he has his goals and legacy mind.  Nice event to take our minds off all the gun shootings and negativity in the news....

FEBbby23, Lovendures, 2ndfdl and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@isabelle)
Famed Member Registered

Two shocking, totally unforeseen cases of cancer in the BRF recently: KC and Kate.  God willing they both have been caught early (Stage 1 or 2) and are treatable/containable.  Shows that, while life is certainly  'unfair' to many -- especially to the poor, the ill and the disadvantaged --  even a seemingly healthy King (with unusually long-lived parentage) and a beautiful, seemingly healthy young future Queen can be hit with Cancer, as well. Strongest prayers that both KC and Kate get past these scary health issues and go on to live long healthy lives.

2ndfdl, Vesta, raincloud and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: