Notifications
Clear all

The Royal Family

(@kim-k)
Reputable Member Registered
Topic starter  

Zoron what you said on December 28, 2016

"the British Royal family. They will not last much longer….will be gone in the next 10 years. Meantime, expect sharp changes, and surprises."

Prince Harry said, no one wants to be King or Queen.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/22/europe/prince-harry-interview/index.html?sr=fbhln062217hln0401PMN/AN/A

Jan, Grace and Grace reacted
ReplyQuote
(@frannie)
Trusted Member Registered

I've never thought Charles wanted to be king. Diana herself said she never thought it would happen.

Jan reacted
ReplyQuote
(@warriorwitch)
Honorable Member Registered

I had an inkling about this back in 2007, when I had a dream about Charles and Camilla both dying in a car crash. 

I never saw Charles being king, but when William and Kate got married in 2009, I saw crowns on their heads, and a sun with regards to William's reign

ReplyQuote
 Dina
(@dina)

Hi everyone, I found this old thread about the British Royal Family. With all the drama surrounding Prince Harry and him and his wife constantly being attacked by British tabloids, I wonder if they can survive all this as a couple and how it will affect the royal family. I'm sorry if it's already discussed on another thread and I've missed it. X

ReplyQuote
(@jackofhearts)
Noble Member Registered

@dina I have to admit I am on the other side of things. For a couple that said they were pulling back from the public eye, they have done anything but.  I get the need to make income, but there had to be a realization that going to the US, the only tradeable commodity would be precisely what's been traded.  

I had high hopes that Harry would have done a different route.  Many of you may not be aware, but at one point, there was talk of Prince Andrew becoming the vice-regal here in Canada.  A similar type of role, or even something in the commonwealth played off of his service, could have been a much better route.  

Things have gone quite awry since William was a new driver, brother in the car, and they stopped and helped a person change their flat tire.  I think in terms of William, much more telling on where he will take the Royal Family.  

I do hope things repair themselves.  

Jeanne Mayell, raincloud, Lauren and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Dina
(@dina)

@jackofhearts thank you very much for your reply. I also think Harry and Meghan and their children would have been amazing asset for the royal family especially in commonwealth countries. Reading his book it's very clear that he has been burned by British tabloids again and again and his own family are helpless because they have to play by their rules to keep the favourable headlines going. I hope there is some sort of healing for him and the family. He is still grieving his mum,it's very clear in his book, having lost my own mum just two weeks ago I can relate to how he feels even though circumstances are completely different of course.

ReplyQuote
(@jackofhearts)
Noble Member Registered

@Dina, I am sorry for your loss.  Warm thoughts to you and your family 🤗 I think this is the hug emoji if not, it is here and now.

ReplyQuote
 Dina
(@dina)

@jackofhearts thank you very much 🙏 🧡

ReplyQuote
(@2ndfdl)
Prominent Member Registered

Posted by: @dina

Hi everyone, I found this old thread about the British Royal Family. With all the drama surrounding Prince Harry and him and his wife constantly being attacked by British tabloids, I wonder if they can survive all this as a couple and how it will affect the royal family. I'm sorry if it's already discussed on another thread and I've missed it. X

I have a different opinion on Harry and Meghan, and on who is attacking whom, but since I am no closer to the situation than anyone else here, it is all speculation at the moment. I am particularly interested in statements of fact that are easily disproven with historical reports, news videos, and the like. At the moment I am reading news reports with interest.

ReplyQuote
 Dina
(@dina)

@2ndfdl it's very interesting how very divided people are on this issue, everyone has such strong opinions. It reminds me of brexit or Vax/antivax situation.

Jan, Jeanne Mayell and Lauren reacted
ReplyQuote
 Jan
(@oscaroreo)

The British press has been ruthless in their criticism of Meghan from nearly the beginning.  She couldn't do anything right.  If the allegations are true, that Camila, King Charles, Prince William, royal staff, all planted negative information with the press about Harry and/or Meghan, shame on them.  That's cut throat.  I would feel very betrayed by my very own family. 

There is also much criticism of Harry and his book. According to what he wrote, he and Meghan tried repeatedly to talk things out with members of his family.  At some point, I would be very frustrated that I haven't had an opportunity to be heard by my very own family. I can't blame them for going public as it is the only venue to express themselves.  Resolving this privately was never encouraged or accepted. 

The media and the public are far too judgmental.  We, should all exercise restraint and kindness.  None of us know how we would react if we were in their shoes.  The pressures they have had in the spotlight have been horrific.  I hope that Harry and Meghan find peace and joy in their lives. 

Jeanne Mayell, ghandigirl, JourneyWithMe2 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@oscaroreo Welcome to our forum. I've felt somewhat detached from the whole affair until I read your post. Bringing it down to family issues being played out before the whole world gave me the shivers. I pray they find peace from this.

Jan, Lauren and Dina reacted
ReplyQuote
(@febbby23)
Illustrious Member Registered

@dina so sorry about your mum.  I’m sending you love and peace.   ❤️🙏🏼

Jan, Jeanne Mayell, Lauren and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Dina
(@dina)

@febbby23 thank you very much, it was unexpected and I know it's a process. Lost my dad 4 years ago, but it was very different as I had to pull it together and be strong for my mum. This time I'm almost in denial as if there was some sort of misunderstanding or a mistake and she is still somewhere. 

Harry talks how he was unable to accept that his mum had passed away I sort of understand what he feels, even though of course the circumstances are completely different. 🙏🧡

Jan, FEBbby23, Jeanne Mayell and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@dina Dina, so sorry for your loss. I pray you and others surrounding her passing find peace and comfort.

Jan, Dina, FEBbby23 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Jan
(@oscaroreo)

@2ndfdl 

Consider watching Harry's hour long interview with CBS which you can easily find online.  Harry was genuine and honest.  Separate the "monarchy" (aka firm or institution) from Harry's family. 

Monarchy perspective:  King Charles, Queen Camilla and Prince William all threw Harry fed lies to the media to make themselves look better.  It's all about protecting the monarchy.  The additional problem is that they didn't refute other lies being told by the media.  So they not only threw Harry and Meghan under the bus with the media, they didn't stand by them to defend the truth. 

Harry expressed respect for the monarchy.  He loves his country.  He even understands why his family fed lies to the media (from the monarchy perspective). 

He has big issues with the media.  It caused security risks for both Harry and Meghan.  He saw the same relentless hounding by the press with Meghan as with his mother, Princess Diana.

Family perspective:  He repeatedly expressed love for his father, brother and the rest of the family.  I didn't hear anger or resentment.  He said that they repeatedly tried to have conversations with his father and brother to communicate and 'clear the air'.  They were not willing to do that. 

I'm not a therapist, however, I've lived through enough life challenges to know that it is important to be able to express yourself.  So often people make assumptions about another person.  By communicating with each other, one can clarify any assumptions (which are usually not true).  By staying silent, he is not defending himself, the truth for history or his wife. Nor can they pretend that nothing has happened.  The only way to resolve the issue is for a professional mediator to have a family meeting so both sides can be heard and understood.  Harry tried, repeatedly, to resolve this privately.  Meghan sent a note to King Charles and asked for a private meeting.  Nothing was accepted. 

Members of the Monarchy are not used to being confronted.  But this is a family issue that, unfortunately, is being played all over the world. 

They had to essentially flee his country.  Security was cut off.  Finances were cut off.  What in the world are they supposed to do? 

The press, once again, has criticized everything about Harry and Meghan.  They have criticized his book saying that he essentially has no right to complain having lived such a "privileged" life.  Yes, he has.  That doesn't mean he isn't human and doesn't have feelings. 

The British Monarchy's stiff upper lip, when played out within the family, is not at all healthy. 

I can also see the perspective of Charles, William and Kate.  However, I have less sympathy for them for several reasons: (1) They are the ones who fed lies to the media.  (2) The media isn't publicly criticizing every single move they make. (3) They have full time security, which is not paid out of their own pocket.  They don't have any of the same security risks that Harry and Meghan did (because of the brutal press).  (4) They have not been cut off financially and live a rich lifestyle. (5) They didn't have to flee their country because of all of the negative press.  (6) Kate is adored by the media.  Meghan couldn't do anything right and was criticized for the smallest perceived infraction.  (I didn't see her make any major mistakes and felt she handled herself with grace and courage).  (7) Kate hasn't been suicidal because of the press hounding her (Meghan admitted that she was suicidal and the monarchy refused her getting help).  (8) William was the "heir" and grew up being groomed for that position.  Harry was treated as the "spare"; somewhat akin to less than or second class.  Put yourself in his shoes growing up. (9) He accepted his role as the "spare" and made the decision that it was healthiest for his family to leave the country.  He should be respected for putting his family first. 

Harry saw the press treating Meghan just like they did his Mom.  He doesn't want her to die and be hounded like his mother was.  Diana's death was, at least partially, the driver trying to ditch the hoards of media following them.  He doesn't want to lose his wife, which is love. 

Harry repeatedly expressed, in the interview, that he wants his father and brother back.  He wants a conversation so all sides can be heard.  He wants some accountability on all sides for how it got to this point.  That's very healthy.  Ignoring and pretending it will go away is not healthy for a family.

I'm not necessarily pro monarchy.  I have been told that I can see both sides fairly well. 

Poundpuppy29 and Dina reacted
ReplyQuote
 Dina
(@dina)

@jeanne-mayell thank you very much 🙏🧡

ReplyQuote
 Dina
(@dina)

@febbby23 thank you very much 🙏🧡

ReplyQuote
 Dina
(@dina)

@oscaroreo I completely agree with everything you write. I just finished Harry's book yesterday, and it doesn't feel like complaining or being angry at his family or spiteful. He is literally just putting out there his side of the story. It's beautifully written - I laughed and I cried and my jaw dropped few times. The audiobook with Harry reading himself made it even better.

Poundpuppy29 and Jan reacted
ReplyQuote
 Jan
(@oscaroreo)

@dina  Thank you for sharing.  I can only imagine the anger that he and Meghan had. She admitted she thought of suicide and asked the monarchy for help and they denied her.  He literally fled from his home country; the country he loved out of fear for his wife's well being and the whole family.  To get to the place where he is today and have processed all of those emotions must have taken a great deal of therapy.  I didn't detect one bit of anger.  Some hurt, which is understandable.. And I'm sure he has processed a great deal of that hurt.  He simply wants a conversation and accountability on both sides, which is healthy.  I feel bad that they are, once again, getting such negative press.  I think he's a really good guy who grew up in a challenging situation.  He made the best of it but at some point said, it's enough.  I need to live my life for the best of my family.  He deserves our respect.  Plus, why in the world would they stay and continue to be abused by the media and some of his family throwing him under the bus.  I appreciate your sharing.

Poundpuppy29 and Dina reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: