Notifications
Clear all

Reading Our Pets

(@michele-b)
Illustrious Member Registered

@ghandigirl

Wow! That is beautiful and so well done! Penny from Heaven, indeed.

Lovely in all ways! Love to you my friend and may your heart ease from the missing by always remembering just how much love you gave. And now the love grows and grows from you through the "new Penny" and your daughter. 

Wonderful Wonderful blessings through your heart and with your own art to keep close to you always! 

Jeanne Mayell, JourneyWithMe2, ghandigirl and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

@lovendures

Yes, indeed my three French Hens. I always have one Cuckoo Maran (originated in France) in honor of my French mother. And all of them in succession carry her first name. 

She and I laugh about that all the time. She loves it! My mother in heaven and me still earthbound but boy can we still laugh together.

We used to have 2 turtles and alway have dove pairs under our bird seed feeders which we keep filled year round.  So between our "heavenly" turtles and "earthly" doves I not only have that covered but practically all the rest of the song with grandkids, musical instruments, lots of leaping and dancing, drinking of milk and wild calling birds, pet ducks that wild geese would visit,  all kinds of gold rings and things and all the rest of creative imaginations that go on around here!  

Cannot wait until I have a big noisy household for days at at a time--no matter how long I might have to wait!

Jeanne Mayell, JourneyWithMe2, Unk p and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant
Topic starter  

So much cuteness going on here... Today was the first interspecies nap.

1597987783-117394782_10223562628001675_3556305138328117011_o.jpg

polarberry, ghandigirl, Michele and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@laura-f  we need a LOVE button on this page!!! LOL

Jeanne Mayell, polarberry, ghandigirl and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

@laura-f

Love love love the interspecies nap! That's awesome and adorable!  Glad you snapped a pic. Got me smiling big time ?

Jeanne Mayell, polarberry, ghandigirl and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

Here's something I found yesterday that's that made me go "Whoa!" Great idea but fining them? Hmm. What do you think!

Germans must walk their dogs twice a day, new law will say | Germany | The Guardian

"Germany’s dog owners will soon to be ordered by law to walk their pets twice a day.

The country’s agriculture minister, Julia Klöckner, has said she is introducing the new law based on evidence that many of the nation’s 9.4 million dogs are not getting the exercise or stimuli they need.

Under the new regulations in the Hundeverordnung, or Dogs Act, owners will not get away with a quick jog round the block, but will be required to take their dogs out for at least one hour on each occasion.
Klöckner said the rules were based on new scientific findings that show dogs need a “sufficient measure of activity and contact with environmental stimuli”, including other animals, nature and people. The tethering of dogs on a chain or a lead for long periods also faces an all-out ban.

Dogs may not be left alone at home all day, and a person will be required to take care of their dog “several times a day”.
"
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/aug/19/germans-must-walk-their-dogs-twice-a-day-new-law-will-say

Jeanne Mayell, polarberry, LalaBella and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@moonbeam)

Love the picture too, @laura-f! Looks like your little one really settled in! ❤️ 

@michele-b, we've got a large movement in the EU concerning animal welfare. There even is a political party in The Netherlands, which is the 'animal party'. They usually hold 1 to 3 seats in the senate. Hope more and more can be achieved for all;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Party_for_the_Animals

Jeanne Mayell, Unk p, LalaBella and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

@moonbeam

This is amazing! Animals are so beloved by so many of us that's it's  past time that we have as an absolute minimum, stronger animal abuse laws with appropriate repercussions but to have them recognized for the beautiful little spirits that they are is so wonderful.

I know so many people who while dearly loving their pets do not provide even appropriate outdoor/walking time for them much less give them the attention they deserve!

But a political party in the Netherlands with animal rights as their primary cause? Wowza!

The Party for the Animals (Dutch: Partij voor de Dieren; PvdD) is a political party in the Netherlands. Among its main goals are animal rights and animal welfare,[2] though it claims not to be a single-issue party.

As of 2011, the party considered itself a testimonial party, one which does not seek to gain political power but to testify its beliefs and thereby influence other parties.[4] Accordingly, the party campaigns and seeks votes in opposition to other parties, but without the intention of entering a governing coalition.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Party_for_the_Animals

Thanks for this info and the link @moonbeam !

Jeanne Mayell, BlueBelle, Unk p and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@moonbeam)

My pleasure @michele-b! They are also in the EU senate and who knows, perhaps it will branch out out to other countries. I know there are animal parties in the UK, Germany and Australia, but not nearly as successful as the Dutch version I think. In Portugal they have an animal party in parliament as well.

They were ridiculed when they started, but it's a dependable party and they do get things done. That they are green is a bonus: animals AND environment  ❤️ 

Jeanne Mayell, Unk p, Michele and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@paul-w)
Noble Member Registered

I have an animal story that I want to share and this is about the only place I can share it.

I do AKC agility with one of my dogs, a four-year old border collier mix and one of the smartest dogs I have ever seen. I have commented to my wife that the dog, Ellie, seems to be able to "read my mind". While she knows about 15 verbal commands and a number of arm, hand, and shoulder directions, I tried working with her this morning by visualizing what I wanted her to do - go through the weave poles, take a jump from the back side, take a jump and change direction, etc. While I realize I couldn't eliminate all of my body language, Ellie did six obstacles in a row exactly as I was visualizing her doing them. Left me in tears. Will keep working on it and will take some serious mental discipline. 

Moonbeam, Tiger-n-Owl, polarberry and 23 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

Latest of Lollipop 

1598650962-WIN_20200828_08_11_35_Pro-2.jpg

Jeanne Mayell, Tiger-n-Owl, polarberry and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

Beautiful little Cleo

1598651020-WIN_20200609_07_49_48_Pro-2.jpg

Jeanne Mayell, Moonbeam, Tiger-n-Owl and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@paul-w. I love your story.  I believe animals are telepathic and can see the future. They live I their senses which is the present moment where we need to be in order to sense energy and others' thoughts.  So it makes sense.  I would have burst into tears if I had that experience.  Time to start working on my dog. 

Tiger-n-Owl, polarberry, LalaBella and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@polarberry)

Anyone keep fish? (in the freezer doesn't count)

Jeanne Mayell, Unk p, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

I have two betta fish, in two different containers, and often I have goldfish too, but not at the moment. Fish are very good at calming. The fluid motion is very relaxing to witness. Often doctors, dentists, and prisons have fish in their waiting rooms, for this reason. My one Betta makes bubble rafts, which is the sign of a healthy, happy fish. 

Jeanne Mayell, deetoo, Unk p and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@polarberry)

I'm going to assume from the overwhelming response to my post that no one has a tank? ? 

ghandigirl,

I really like goldfish. I hate it when people keep them in tiny, non-filtered bowls. They really need their own tank. I used to have a huge goldfish tank with some really cool ones, but I don't at the moment. I am thinking of setting another one up, at some point.

Bettas are cool too. Used to have a betta tank also. There is a gorgeous betta called mustard gas (horrible name, gorgeous fish)

I love to watch my tanks like a TV. It is mesmerizing. They are smart too; they all come over to the front when they see me. Of course that might just be because they suspect food, but I like to think they like me. ❤️ 

Jeanne Mayell, ghandigirl, Unk p and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)

@polarberry i had a goldfish when i was a kid.  One time, we were going on a trip out of town.  We got about 30 miles down the road, and suddenly my Ma said "Something is wrong with the fish!" and turned the car around.  When we got back home, we found the fish on the floor- but still alive!  I put it back in the tank, and it was ok.  It turns out that the Algae-eater fish we had added was harassing the Goldfish, and that's why it jumped.  The thing is, my Mom must have known *before* it jumped, because it took at least half an hour to get back home, and it wouldn't have lived that long on the living room floor.

Jeanne Mayell, Moonbeam, Vesta and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@polarberry)

omg lmao

yeah, I've seen a lot of argument online about putting goldfish with other fish. I don't recommend it. They need cooler temps, super clean water because they create a lot of waste, and too many other fish like to harrass them and fin nip.

Jeanne Mayell, Unk p, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@moonbeam)

@polarberry, a little late, but we almost have a small aquarium. I promised my 6 year old one. We're not getting gold fish, but a school of neon tetras. It will be a little tank for on her desk. Little light for comfort at night as well.

ghandigirl, Jeanne Mayell, Unk p and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

Stupid Cat.

So every night now I read the forum with a special low light night light filter to tire myself. I hang with my older first cat. She is super affectionate , sits on my shoulder like my dog used to,, but her claws are too long, and she is a little psycho and I'm afraid to try and trim them.  Cutie second cat needs her monthly steroid shot so I may pack them both in their carriers and let the vet deal with my little "Sybil."

Anyway as I am falling asleep with her she likes to make the biscuits but now I have little claw dots on my arms and belly. And she woke me up. Wide Awake at 1:30. Took more sleeping aid, didn't work. Was mostly awake all night and panicking in my half sleep.

Also I foolishly ate sugary things late, which I never do. 

That's how it used to be for me  with the insomnia. I have a sensitivity now to caffeine and I have sacrificed my love for everything chocolate in trade for good sleep. White chocolate is my go to. Had some of that too in the evening. No wonder I didn't sleep. ADHD causes insomnia. I also exercised late too come to think of it. A Perfect Storm. Duh.

The cat will be minus razor sharp claws by tonight in some way it will get done. Also no more soda. He brought me all natural sugar cane sarsparillla soda which is so delicious, and a super stimulant apparently. I drink bottled water mostly, rarely juice, almost never soda. 

If I was teaching this I'd say to my student, "So what have you learned?" ;) Oh my.

Jeanne Mayell, LalaBella, Moonbeam and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 13 / 29
Share: