Notifications
Clear all

Reading Our Pets

(@unk-p)
Illustrious Member Registered

@michele-b When do we get to see your chickens and cat?  ? 

Jeanne Mayell, JourneyWithMe2, Michele and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

@unk-p

Chickens and cats photos i have in many, many files ! But alas i have been a Jeanne Mayell fail at posting photos that ovetwhelm community requirements for sizing. I type on a phone and even downsized for Google photos one is too huge by itself.  Maybe I'll do what you did and ask Jeanne to remove it if its too many whatever whatevers.

1597110578-Screenshot_20200810-184836_Photos.jpg

Jeanne Mayell, JourneyWithMe2, LalaBella and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)

@michele-b Ha! love how they are all at the door!  Great pic!

Jeanne Mayell, JourneyWithMe2, Stargazer and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

@unk-p

Chicken(s) for dinner has a whole different meaning at our house. THEY want dinner! Once, I left the door open and 3 of them came on in for a little sashaying around the dining room single file. I did my "uhuhuhuuuhhh!" at them and they single filed on out in a hurry!

Chickens are a lot of work but they are also highly entertaining! A very different kind of sentient consciousness.

Far superior to many currently in positions of power in in fact. They concur on major decisions and always for what's best for one and all.

And they go to bed without being told they have to and wake up happy and ready for a new day without complaining except perhaps on snow days when their skinny little chicken feet don't like the cold.

However, i often them fix warm oatmeal with blueberries and serve them in bed in their sleeping coop.

For chickens and cats at my house life is pretty good. And they all have names and no chicken raised by me ever gets eaten. Only their eggs which are far far better than store ones which are always old not fresh ?

Jeanne Mayell, JourneyWithMe2, LalaBella and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@unk-p

You have a Godzilla cat.  ha ha ha.

It looks like it just knocked over a sky scrapper.

Jeanne Mayell, JourneyWithMe2, Michele and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

Nice to see all the pet photos. got to share this beauty...

Lollipop mid yawn

1597114968-Lolli-Yawn.jpg

Jeanne Mayell, JourneyWithMe2, Michele and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)

@lovendures funny you should say that- she just got through knocking everything off of my dresser.  

She usually spends a lot of time precariously balanced on the ornate woodwork at the very top of my old pump organ from the 1800's- kind of like the one in Sunset Boulevard - very Gothic-ky and perfect for a black cat.

ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

@michele-b

Your chickens also are Godzilla sized.  They look as though they are as tall as a doorway.  haha

@ghandigirl

Lollipop?  Thank goodness she doesn't look huge or she would be terrifying with that yawn.  haha. She has cute feet.

ReplyQuote
(@stargazer)

@michele-b

Ahh .... they are too cute Michele ... I had three Aracauna chicklets that I raised from 2 days old in a box inside the house, and then transfered to a bunny hutch on stilts in the garden.

I really wanted those beautiful little pink, blue and yellow 'easter' eggs that they are famous for.... but alas, when they got bigger and started to peck to shreds my herbs and fly over the fence, I decided to re-home them. I found a lovely place for them with an older lady that had many chickens that she kept just for the eggs ... and no raccoons roaming the neighborhood, which was a big problem where I lived.

The Aracaunas (from South America originally) are really different ... they look more like a wild bird, but those eggs! ?

Jeanne Mayell, Michele, ghandigirl and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@moonbeam)

@laura-f, fair enough. I always get a little Joanne of Arc when it concerns animals. Not always sane;-)

Your little one is awesome!!!!!

Jeanne Mayell, JourneyWithMe2, Unk p and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

@lovendures

She's pretty huge actually. 14 pounds. I also like her cute fat feet. The white "socks" make them look even bigger. 

Cleo probably weighs like 6 pounds, she is skinny and slinky. Yin/Yan cats...Here is Cleo hiding behind the toaster. 

1597145100-Cleo-toaster.jpg

ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

@stargazer

We've way more than these girls including 3 aracuanas. We had really pretty but light green and light blue eggs. One passed from natural causes, one stopped laying at years old. And my favorite little lady, Matilda, layed an egg every day for 9 years. Racoon. I cried and cried.

Have loved all my chickens. All but 4 were raised over 4 seasons in my dining room in plastic bins with heat lamps. We've had chickens for 15 or so years. Raccoons and worst of all a neighbor's dog got quite a few. Cried and cried than paid a lot for fence posts, wire and a gate and fenced the back half acre for free range chicken land.  Hate not having them not be able to visit at my door all day long.  Do not miss having to hose the deck off all day long. 

At Christmas, they got their own mini Christmas tree when they were truly full range free roam. Stockings hung on the sleeping coop wire fence as that always protected them at night.

One stubborn "live free"  Andulasian slept in a tree.

What can I say except chickens are a lot of work! It costs more to raise your own eggs and letting them out every morning at dawn and locking them in at dust are called chores for a reason. 

Burying them after death is heartbreaking. We have a pet graveyard for our dogs, cats,and chickens. And yes i bring them flowers ? 

This from a grandma with grown kids and adorable grandkids who she loves with all her heart but still loves all pets too!

1597150582-Screenshot_20200811-054932_Photos.jpg

JourneyWithMe2, Unk p, Lovendures and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

@ghandigirl

Love love love Lollipop! What a doll baby cat ???

ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

@ghandigirl

14 lbs is one big sweetheart kitty! Our 2nd cat we took in last year is 10 and he is an armful.

While he was getting his shots the vet warned me not to over feed him. Yeah right I thought . He's an inside/outside cat and an excellent hunter. Stopping him from hunting voles, moles and an occasional gopher who "rises above his station" is like trying to stop nature from sowing wild seeds!

Keeping track of who is giving him repeats of inside food or treats, well once a cat starts meowing non-stop my brain curcuits get skewed just between 2 cats. We had 3 and they were all over loved! Sigh.

What a sweet kitty family you have!  Hope you're daughter is staying well and happy too ???

JourneyWithMe2, Unk p, Lovendures and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

@laura-f

Hahahahaha.  Love love love "black chickens' comment. In Alaska we have lots of real ravens  down here in Oregon, we have crows. We found a lost very tame crow we named Mortimer. Great funny little guy. Eventually he flew away hopefully to his original family.  We loved and fed him a long time. 

Some animals are for "a reason, some for a season and some for ever"! 75 in my lifetime but many were not dogs, cats or chickens. Nature takes its course in our household so 2 canaries for example grew naturally into 11. 

But watching little canary eggs hatch and grow into adults was a lovely natural science experience for our then very young children.

Not so much a family off 2 mouse parents and 6 babies. Something weird about not wanting rodents in the garage or house but raising them in kid's bedrooms. ???

JourneyWithMe2, Unk p, Lovendures and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

@unk-p

Pump organ from the 1880s?!!!

WOWZA! And incredibly perfect for a black cat. I see a witch hat and some netting and skulls on top for Halloween posing with your fabulous cat.

Anyone have more Halloween decor than they know what to with so we can deck out @unk-p 's with some Halloween decor?

Photo of vintage organ now requested! 

Sorry @jeanne-mayell 

Predictive Pet Owners RUs love pets, pet photos and no doubt a few too many super sized pets and super sized photos for this over burdened with mileage site. 

Remove our photos any time!

A few days and those who care have probably seen them anyway ?‍♀️??‍♀️ 

Love all you crazy pet owners ???

JourneyWithMe2, Unk p, Jeanne Mayell and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

@michele-b

Thank you for asking after my daughter. You really are psychic. I am visiting her today before she goes back for Senior Year of College. I saw her weeks ago. 

After my dog died we got a new dog, Penny. She looked so much like my old dog, that it caused me to grieve when i would wake up in the middle of the night and forget he was gone, seeing her similar silhouette. 

She immediately loved my daughter the first day and I have left her for them. It's in the divorce papers that I have given her my new dog. Here is an Artwork I made of the new dog.. Penny From Heaven

1597165695-Penny-Mixed-Media.jpg

JourneyWithMe2, Michele, Unk p and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@moonbeam)

@Michele-b I love those chicks! Wanting have small chickens in my yard for ages, but I just don't have enough room. That breed was on my list. They really are very friendly, aren't they? Quite the personalities;-)

@ghandigirl. So much pain, girl, and yet so much love and hope. Your cats are AWESOME! Your crafting amazing. Enjoy that day at college. Always a blast from the past and to do it together with you girl (whom you must be very proud of) is the icing on the cake. Keep at it!

JourneyWithMe2, Michele, Unk p and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

@michele-b

3 hens by a Christmas tree.  You could call them 3 French hens.  Any turtle doves?

I really like that photo.  How fun and stockings too.

Jeanne Mayell, JourneyWithMe2, Michele and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)

@ghandigirl Wow! that looks amazing.  I can't believe you were able to make her face look so real- with buttons!

Jeanne Mayell, JourneyWithMe2, ghandigirl and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 12 / 29
Share: