Notifications
Clear all

When does a vision constitute a bonified psychic vision?

(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

This question has been begging for discussion for years.  So let's discuss it. 

This topic is a huge field that encompasses the vast unexplored region of conscienceless. Let's dig into it.

I think about this issue every time someone posts a vision that appears to be coming true. I ask myself, where did they get that vision? Usually it feels to me that they are getting from somewhere in the collective consciousness before it surfaces in news where we then count it as a hit. 

Some of the more vague visions, like, "I see Albert Einstein, or Donald Trump, or Zelensky, or Putin, might be too vague to be useful, but as long as they are coming from someone I know has a trustworthy track record, I can be sure they are going to serve as meaningful information.  

On this website, where we have groups of people meditating together, I allow us to post vague predictions because, taken together with other people's visions, they form a body of information about the future. That's why we try to group the visions before posting.  It seems that several people are seeing parts of a greater vision. 

Years ago, I noticed that when some of us something mundane like snow in the news, I realized it meant that it was not ordinary snow, but newsworthy snow, like a snow storm that paralyzed a whole region of the U.S.

I look forward to commenting further on this topic as others weigh in. 

deetoo, JourneyWithMe2, CC21 and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tybin)
Famed Member Registered

I believe there was a prediction of summer camps in the news. A man with a gun was shot and killed as he tried to enter one

https://abcnews.go.com/US/quick-thinking-staffers-save-camp-children-suspected-gunman/story?id=85369779

lenor, JourneyWithMe2, Seeker4 and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@seeker4)
Illustrious Member Registered

@baba @journeywithme2. I don't mean this as any kind of criticism of Baba AT ALL.  I greatly admire her gift and willingness to share it here.  I'm getting concerned about what constitutes a hit though although I don't see many who share my concern which is understandable since my concern comes from the fact that I am a researcher who taught research methodology before retirement so defining one's terms is critical.  The Problem:  Yes, Baba obviously picked up on something that she didn't know about.  However, Deion Sanders had already been in the news for several days.  Jeanne, maybe you could provide some guidance on this.

deetoo, Vesta, tybin and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Baba
(@baba)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@seeker4 Don’t worry about asking questions. I’m not at all offended. I don’t live in the US and don’t follow sports but it is entirely possible that the person’s name entered my consciousness when reading about something else. I still have no clue who he is or what he does other than something to do with football. 

Jewels, Vesta, tybin and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 CC21
(@cc21)

@seeker4 @journeywithme2 @baba @jeanne-mayell

@seeker4 I actually find this a really interesting thought for our group - what constitutes a hit? I, too, am curious to hear Jeanne's take on this. I feel like it might even be worth adding it to the Understanding Prophecy and Consciousness thread? 

I have struggled, sometimes, to see that every hit is accurate. My skeptical brother-in-law's voice pops into my head with the idea of finding what you are already looking for...or, making things fit retroactively. However, I don't want to discount these hits, either. This idea of how consciousness works and how we interpret what we see is an endlessly fascinating mystery! As any of us who have thrown/pulled Tarot cards or done other types of intuiting regularly know, it is often nebulous and reliant on our own sense of calm focus, what resonates with us, etc. A very subjective process, in a way, but also many times very accurate.

I also come from a research background so I totally get your thought process, and it is also why I find this whole idea of intuition so intriguing. It doesn't always have a good, simple explanation (at least to our current minds) and that is unsettling!

Anyway, perhaps more for another thread. Thanks for bringing it up!

Vesta, Lauren, Seeker4 and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

@seeker4, thanks for raising this topic.  I struggle with it too, specifically as to how one defines the term  psychic or prediction.  It's confusing to me, insofar as there are so many factors that go into it.  I agree that this might be something we can discuss further in another thread.  

Vesta, Lauren, lowtide and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@seeker4)

Posted by: @baba

I still have no clue who he is or what he does other than something to do with football. 

In a nutshell, Deion Sanders was a huge NFL football star.  Retired and did tv commentary.  He's in the news because he's now coaching a college team.  Fair amount of news discussion leading up to his debut as a college coach. 

CC21, Vesta, Lauren and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Baba
(@baba)

I don’t follow any sports but that sounds like a good synopsis of what he has been up to!

Jeanne Mayell, CC21, deetoo and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@seeker4  Yes... Deion has been in the news BUT. the news that broke yesterday? came AFTER Baba made her prediction. Oregon totally dismantled the Game train and gave Colorado a "good old fashioned butt kicking, no excuses" as Deion said. This, after being lauded for the incredible wins that occurred prior.

So.. to my way of thinking? yes.. it counts.

Jeanne Mayell, deetoo, CC21 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tgraf66)

@cc21 I have also thought that many things that have been counted as hits have only been so by stretching the meaning of the word a lot. There are several here who get good hits, @baba being one of them (repeatedly and often!), but some of the predictions are also vague enough that almost anything that comes remotely close could be considered a "hit". It bothers me a little, but I generally just shrug it off and move on.

JourneyWithMe2, deetoo, CC21 and 6 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@seeker4)

@tgraf66 @cc21 @baba  I, too, often shrug off vague predictions, but that only works in a closed community which we are not.  My concern is that this forum has become well known with Jeanne becoming more of a public figure through interviews and a chapter in a book about her.  I fear that eventually this site and Jeanne will come to the attention of an intrepid reporter or researcher who will decide to study what we call hits and be able to tear them apart quite easily.  If that happens as things are now, it will be difficult to recover.  That @Baba foresaw the article that @JourneyWithMe2 posted is probably the explanation, but we know and trust Baba and her gifts so--no problem.  A skeptic deciding to critique this forum will not.  I already know from previous knowledge related to this kind of scrutiny that getting hits that are detailed in advance of an event among too many fuzzy ones diminishes the prediction to a lucky guess in the eyes of the outside world.

Jeanne Mayell, JourneyWithMe2, deetoo and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dannyboy)

Posted by: @jeanne-mayell

This question has been begging for discussion for years.  So let's discuss it. 

Jeanne - thank you for building a thread for this one.

I have made some vague predictions as well as some weirdly specific ones that I felt had to be completely wrong.  

In doing a timeline read of my own once I made this prediction: April:  I saw red flowers growing in a field.  People saw them as a brief passing novelty before casting them aside.  (I think this was a faction of Republicans trying to rebrand but not really gaining traction but it could have also been literal flowers.  I really look forward to seeing this one.)

In this case I was wrong to editorialize beyond what I saw.  It was NOT about what I thought it was, but rather - a rare superbloom that occured in California. https://gizmodo.com/california-superbloom-flowers-photos-1850374072  

When I'm doing predictions now if I get something vague like that I try to hover on it if possible until I get a little more context.  And If I don't get the context I just report what I got.

Some of my early predictions were very vague and people found some hits and in some cases I went "Yes, that's it exactly!"  And in other cases I pushed back a little.  

When looking at read the future timelines I haven't posted a hit for others in a long while, but if I do I like to tag the poster if possible and let them weigh in on whether what I'm tagging as a hit is what they remember it being.

For me, intuition begins with something broad like that but as I've gotten better I'm more skilled with my own predictions at teasing out additional details.  (Most of the time)

JourneyWithMe2, Seeker4, Lauren and 6 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@the-happy-medium)
Reputable Member Registered

I completely disagree with the post affixing metrics etc to the hits/predictions. I think the opportunities we have to Read the Future are a chance to learn - as well as be right.  And 'being in the ballpark" or "hitting something vague" might seem off point or "Oh Brother" but to many of us, who are learning, it's a lot of fun and the only safe place we have to play/practice.   For instance, I nailed that "Taylor was going to be huge in Feb" - she won Artist of the Decade lol. Not a profound hit. But it helped me learn to "see" in this new way.   I've had some other more solid hits.   And btw I HOPE a lot of the stuff I've seen doesn't happen, that free will changes what we see in shadow.  Also, the more you do it the better you get, and your post discourages play and practice. 

Happily, 

PS: Jeanne thank you for creating this space and for all of you who post (I don't post or say thanks enough) it's fascinating to see how it's all unfolding. 

Jeanne Mayell, JourneyWithMe2, Seeker4 and 6 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

I have thought about this issue constantly over the last three decades. First of all, I never allow us to post phony visions and none of us do.  Every vision has been important and useful and I cherish your gifts as do so many. 

While this is a useful discussion, I pray that no one who has been generous enough  to post their inner visions will start suppressing their visions out of concern that they are too vague. They are all useful (as long as they are not hurtful or predict people's deaths or spread paranoia.) Too many times, I've held back visions that were vague, only to find them to fit a future event.  Taken together with a group of visions, they create a clear picture, even if a particular vision was just a fragment. 

As for @seeker’s questions, which I know were not meant to criticize but, as she put it, a product of a researcher viewpoint — the research mind is limited to discreet packets while consciousness is as vast as the universe. I have some research background and understand its usefulness. I also know its limits.  

I also know that seeker comes from both sides of the brain -- research and intuition. And I respect her immensely.  I'm just saying that the research viewpoint puts quantifiable parameters around the hypothesis being studied and it is difficult to evaluate intuitive visions in that way.

I ask that people open their minds when interpreting people's visions.  Ask, what might this vision mean? Why did @baba get that football player?  Since I don't follow football, I can't comment on that particular guy.   Perhaps it was just that the celebrity is in the collective consciousness and because Baba was not aware of his recent notoriety, she shared that she was picking up on him.  It could also mean that something more is coming about this man that is bigger than we know at present and Baba is sensing it.  Time will hopefully tell. 

Finally, I want to comment on why we share our visions in the first place. We are not providing our visions in order to convince people we are authentic.  

We are exploring consciousness and the untapped gift of the mind.

If our visions can help people plan ahead, then great. But I suspect that we are pioneering the expansion of our minds for the greater good. It will take practice to forge ahead.  It will take an open mind. 

Let's keep talking about this issue! 

deetoo, 2ndfdl, JourneyWithMe2 and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bluebelle)

I wish all my predictions were specific, but the truth is I don’t always know what it is that I’m seeing or picking up.  Sometimes I just get an impression about a certain situation, like Putin invading Ukraine, I knew he was going to invade and that his actions would backfire against him.  The invasion part was specific, but the backfire part was vague because that’s all I picked up, just a certainty that the invasion would blow back on Putin.  

It’s easier for me to post predictions when they come out of Read the Future exercises.  At that point I trust what I’m getting, whether it’s vague or not.  I get random predictions, but it always becomes an inner leap of faith to post them.  Often the random prediction keeps coming to my mind for days until I finally post it and forget it.  I love @Baba Baba’s meditation practice.  Her predictions come from meditative time that is self-disciplined and routine.  Baba’s track record is amazing and I have no words but admiration for her putting this information out there on a regular basis.

@Seeker I understand how a skeptic might attempt to naysay our predictions by pointing out ones that are too general or vague.  My sense is that these predictions are still important.  As Jeanne mentioned, these generalized predictions often show us what a group of us are picking up about the future.  And I pay attention to that. On the site, there is a body of prediction hits that are precise, definitive and compelling.  Even a skeptic can not deny the validity of those predictions.

I’m glad we are having this discussion and look forward to reading more responses.

KMac, Tesseract, deetoo and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

Affixing "name labels" then disagreeing about what constitutes them disregards the ability everyone has to 'feel' or 'know' something. Intution,empath,vision,prediction etc are words we use to attempt to define what and when we feel,know without knowing how we feel,know these things to be true.

Pay attention to the "synchronicities" and "coincidences" that occur in your daily life, note them down... you might be surprised and just how much "precognition" you may have about events that occur in your life.

For example: in the wee hours of Monday morning ...just as it was almost time to wake up and get ready for work at the vet clinic... I was dreaming I was at a Journey concert, and a man with electric teal eyes was there and was using binoculars to try and see the band better. I brushed it off as a weird dream. Got to work, it was Typical slammed Monday seeing scheduled appointments as well as emergency work-ins from over the weekend when pets got injured but not taken to ER for whatever reason owners chose to wait. Very often, I have noted that pet health issues come in clusters... i.e. "ear day" when a good portion of visits are for ear infections, bad skin day... etc. 

Turns out this Monday? Was "eye day" we saw a total of 11 patients with eye issues ranging from KCS to corneal abrasions,corneal ulcers and one laceration and infection from a dog fight necessitating enucleation. While we were working a coworker decided we needed some good music to go with our efforts and had Alexa play Journey Radio on Pandora so we were rocking it out as we tag teamed all the emergencies and rendered the needed care.

As I sat down on my lunch break ... enjoying the breather... I recalled my dream. Yep! Journey and eyes!! Using the language applied here? I had a vision and a hit on what my day at the clinic would hold.

I could care less what people want to call it or whether they believe it or not... or whether they acknowledge it or not. We all have these "gifts" and it is not up to me to change anyone else's beliefs or perceptions. I share what I get and if it resonates for someone great... if it doesn't that's for them to decide. "There are more things in Heaven and earth, Horatio, than thou has dreamt of in thy philosophy "

ghandigirl, Tara Prete, 2ndfdl and 10 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@seeker4)

@CC21. I agree with you so much about the mystery of consciousness and that how it works is an endlessly fascinating mystery.  I hope we all keep going. 

@Deetoo. I have also played around with trying to define my own predictions as well.  I know that some I get are vague and often come to nothing.  I have a stronger sense with some.  Those tend to be “hits” if you will.  I strongly suspect that there are varying levels of predictions that, for me, would be worth exploring.  This may not be the right place, I don’t know.  I’m meditating about that. 

@The-Happy-Medium. In my own study of consciousness, predictions, and prophecy I came across one of Edgar Cayce’s readings that shine a light on your comment about free will. He said that a prediction of “gloom” can be changed through prayer because of free will.  I think this is something to keep in mind when we become discouraged by the news! 

@Bluebelle. If I understand your comment.  I, too, tend to get more when I’m meditating or focusing with a like-minded group. With the RTF''s some of us like to use the recording to focus and others want to be “in the action.”  I also, agree that a body of predictions might make up a larger prediction and that's important.  I think that presenting them that way might make them stronger and more protected from the naysayers.  But, I’m not getting much of sense that others see the need that I’m seeing. I hope that my concern is not a prediction.  

@JourneyWithMe2. Love your story about the dream.  Love that you work to help animals as well. 

In closing, I think that this discussion has been valuable in so many ways.  I've picked up on several things that I want to journal about.  One fun idea that emerged from all of your posts was having a place clearly labeled as a place to play, explore, practice, and post predictions that may just be fragments.  It might be fun. It also might help discover future intuitives!  Who knows?  Anyway, I thank all of you for this discussion.  

Lauren, Vesta, JourneyWithMe2 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@seeker4)

Posted by: @jeanne-mayell

As for @seeker’s questions, which I know were not meant to criticize but, as she put it, a product of a researcher viewpoint — the research mind is limited to discreet packets while consciousness is as vast as the universe. I have some research background and understand its usefulness. I also know its limits.  

WOW--that's quite an insult!  You've made disdainful comments to me about research before, but now I see that your view toward research is much deeper than I previously understood.  While I'll be more careful in the future for your sake, I will conclude here by saying that I respectfully disagree.  

Vesta reacted
ReplyQuote
(@seeker4)

Wanted to share a book that I'm in the process of reading/studying.  The title describes it well:  THE INTUITIVE WAY: The Definitive Guide to Increasing Your Awareness.  It's written by Penney Peirce who is an "internationally respected clairvoyant empath and intuition development trainer." Her chapters are rich with the depth of her experience and knowledge.  I'm still learning even at the ripe old age of 80.  Now there's a reality I could not have predicted when I was 20!  LOL. Blessings everyone.

deetoo, CC21, Baba and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tesseract)
Famed Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell 

Finally, I want to comment on why we share our visions in the first place. We are not providing our visions in order to convince people we are authentic.

We are exploring consciousness and the untapped gift of the mind.

Yes. Yes. Yes. A Thousand times YES!

As someone who first attended and ultimately taught what we called "Development Classes" back in the day (40+ years ago) I whole-heartedly agree with Jeanne. Especially regarding "convincing" others of authenticity. The whole purpose of the weekly classes I attended from the 80s onward, was to learn how to access and understand "stuff" that otherwise was just weird images/thoughts that went through my brain and emotions. As time went on, and I transitioned to teacher as well as continuing student (ALWAYS be a student!) I realized that my forte was "reading" the "emotional body" one-on-one. Even my deep trance channeling was primarily one-on-one. I wasn't interested in groups or proving anything, although as a Libra, I certainly was helped by feedback, both good and not so good. No one is EVER 100% accurate or authentic.

Our community here, even though I choose (mostly) to not receive the kind of global predictions Jeanne's read-the-future nights encompass or the global images/visions many here receive and offer in other threads, our community is the biggest, best, highest vibe of a "Development Class" I have EVER run across in my decades in the intuitive "field." After 9/11 and Katrina I asked Spirit NOT to give me stuff I couldn't do anything about as I had had weeks prior to each of feeling smothered and then drowned. I've grown since then, so I lifted my request.

Even just observing this community is a lesson in intuition.

With the advent of the 'Net,"psychics" both bloomed and ran riot. Even before the 'Net there were famous psychics who fell out of the Light because of Ego aka "fame." It is because this site is a place of learning and sharing that I know it will always be first and foremost a place of exploration, comprehension, sharing, and feedback. To me it was initially a digital comfort zone (2016: Oh thank god for the predictions!) but it quickly became my newest learning center, a self-expanding classroom, a gathering of souls-in-touch that I never expected to find on the digital highway.

Needing authenticity is valid. I sure as heck like positive feedback from my "readees" ! I also accept that sometimes it isn't the authenticity that is important but what the meaning is to the readee.  Although I consider myself a metaphysician, not a Spiritualist, I was a lead minister in a little Spiritualist Center for many years, and during services we had a "message" part of the service that was called "Gifts of Spirit" where mediums would give short (minute or two only) messages to individuals. The key here was 1) always ASK if they want a message and if they do 2) remember the message was FOR THEM, not you, so do not interpret, just GIVE THE MESSAGE, as literally as it comes to you. Many times I felt idiotic at what I received and was then offering to a specific individual, but after service some came to me saying, "that made so much sense to me!" As it had made NO sense to me in the giving, that kind of validation was important. Thus, I am of the belief that when Spirit speaks, we listen, receive, and relay....and only latterly interpret if necessary. The when and the why of the interpretation is just as vital as the validation.

What we do here is a little different, predictions that are global, collective-wide, and vital to future life on planet Earth. Scary. Clearly accuracy and authenticity is vital as we share. However, giving and receiving, teaching/learning are one motion. You can not do one without the other. Period. Therefore, every time you ask for and receive from Spirit you will learn what works best for you, how you hear, who should be told, and you will realize that at times you will be incorrect, or incomplete in what you receive. THAT's OK! When I was learning piano (no gift there sadly) I played the same things over and over at home and then to my teacher once a week. If I didn't practice, I didn't get any better! PRACTICE RECEIVING. PRACTICE OFFERING WHAT YOU RECEIVE. Be Brave. SHARE what you receive! Only by sharing what you receive, accurate or not, will you refine your ability to be a conduit from Spirit.

Keep in mind also, that if one opens to Spirit with the intention of being a Lighted conduit, rather than a person to be adulated, then whatever you receive is worthwhile regardless of how vague or how pinpointed, OR how IRL validated the intuition was. 

@journeywithme2

Affixing "name labels" then disagreeing about what constitutes them disregards the ability everyone has to 'feel' or 'know' something. Intution,empath,vision,prediction etc are words we use to attempt to define what and when we feel,know without knowing how we feel,know these things to be true.

Pay attention to the "synchronicities" and "coincidences" that occur in your daily life, note them down... you might be surprised and just how much "precognition" you may have about events that occur in your life.

So beautifully expressed!

Spirit often tells me there are no "Levels," that levels (and labels) are a human creation. We all receive in very different ways. We all learn to trust our incoming intuitions differently. I remember learning the "Seven Clairs" and thinking none of them and all of them defined my way of hearing Spirit. Labels/levels can be super helpful, but they also restrict. Don't be afraid to call your way of receiving "the best" FOR YOU. I have a friend who says Spirit speaks to her in her left ear and she hears literal stuff with her right ear. This blew me away! For a minute I envied her, it was so concrete and set! Then I realized I "hear" Spirit in ways I can't find words for, and y'all know I am wordy in the extreme! But those invisible, intangible, intrinsic ways are ME, and I understand them even as I continually learn how to comprehend and share in new and exciting ways.

Enough already!

Blessings (along with the many words!) 😉 😊 ❤️ 🌼 

Seeker4, Tara Prete, Jeanne Mayell and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: