Validating What We Sense

(@rennie)
Estimable Member Participant

Oops *=Sundance

PamP and Lauren reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bluebelle)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@tesseract My husband and I were preparing for a move cross country five years ago and there were countless delays (including a hurricane) and complications in selling our home in South Carolina.  We were so anxious and frustrated by the process.  And I was fearful that our sale would fall through and we would lose a house in the Pacific Northwest.  Then I woke up in the middle of the night hearing these lyrics from Danny’s Song by Kenny Loggins:

In the morning, when I riseYou bring a tear of joy to my eyesAnd tell me everything is gonna be alright

And I knew that was Spirit reassuring and comforting me.  I even walked into a restaurant a week later to hear that same song playing.  I love the support and reminders from Spirit.  And everything indeed was alright.

(Thx about the hair.  It’s the only hair I’ve got.)

@earthangel

Oh, I love the poem you shared.  It’s perfect and it’s the way I want us all to live in peace and harmony, full of love for one another.

PamP, Lauren, teriz and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@earthangel)
Famed Member Registered

@tesseract Agreed but my video wouldn’t work this morning which is why I was a blank screen. 🤷🏼‍♀️ Maybe next time!

Lauren reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tesseract)
Famed Member Registered

@bluebelle Where in the Pacific Northwest? I grew up in Edmonds, a suburb of Seattle and went to College three places in state: Whitman College in Walla Walla; Western Washington State College (University now) in Bellingham; and grad school in Ellensburg at Central Washington State College (University now). I miss Puget Sound SO MUCH! I hope you are enjoying the rain 🤣 I actually went out and danced in the rain after a hot summer here in Tucson. Right now we are having Seattle-ish rain -- Soft, gentle, CONSTANT, but lovely. I can't say the same thing about Monsoons in Tucson. 😳

PamP, Lauren, raincloud and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tybin)
Famed Member Registered

I’m in Whatcom county 

PamP and Lauren reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bluebelle)

@tybin @tesseract  I’m in Pierce County, living on an island in Puget Sound.  I’ve been in and out of rain for over a week now and don’t mind it at all.  I love the Pacific Northwest and our sons live in this region, too.  I’ve heard good things about Edmunds many times.  And Whatcom County!  Tybin, I can’t wait to come up to the North Cascades next summer.  I am a painter and just did a painting from the North Cascades for my grandson. You live in a heavenly place.

PamP, Lauren, teriz and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Posted by: @unk-p

The thing about those dreams, though, where someone/something is chasing you? Here is how to end them: Flip the script. Pull a u-turn. Run towards it, instead of away from it. Just open your arms and run towards that thing. Hug it, kiss its gothic face. ask it what it wants.   Most likely you will find that it is the most beautiful part of yourself that the World has been waiting for for so so long

Sounds like wisdom. I've read there are techniques for inserting some awareness into your dreams so you actually can pull a u-turn and run towards the thing you are terrified of. It's called lucid dreaming and I've never tried it.

PamP, Lauren and Unk p reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@teriz How sublime it felt to read your post. I fell into a trance of loveliness as I read it. Thank you.

PamP, Lauren, CC21 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jsr78)
Famed Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell I don't have the dread but I haven't been able to sleep well for a while, about a month. (I'm from Michigan and I've been obsessed with football so I've been blocking out everything that comes to me, sorry) The Pakistani Iran thing perked my ears up though. The ballot disqualification and the New York trial might be coming up soon.

ReplyQuote
(@rennie)
Estimable Member Participant

@matildagirl I loved that Captain Peach Fuzz character and story arc. I do that catchphrase too, "wrong way Peach Fuzz!" Of course no one gets the reference....

I looked up R&B and Fractured FF on YouTube and there are several playlists.

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@jsr78 Well, glad you told us what is going on with you.  You help us and it's always so nice to hear from you too.  I'd like to add to your sleeplessness issue. Sleeplessness is one way that people feel something is afoot, even when they don't know what it is.  

A longtime friend of mine who doesn't follow the forum or consciously practice intuitive arts, but stays in touch with me, has been sending me the strangest emails in which she only writes in the subject box (no email content) things like "weird week.  Send angels".  When I write back and ask what's going on?  Are you okay? She replies (again only in the subject box): "No time. Please send angels. I'm okay. Just so anxious." 

That was how I was last week. 

Something is afoot.

Freya, Lauren, CC21 and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)
Illustrious Member Registered

Posted by: @jeanne-mayell

I've read there are techniques for inserting some awareness into your dreams so you actually can pull a u-turn and run towards the thing you are terrified of. It's called lucid dreaming and I've never tried it.

I learned it just out of the sheer exasperation of having way too many bad dreams when i was younger.  I was just bored with the terror of it, and with the unfunness of waking up afterwards with bad-dream-ptsd. 

deetoo, Lauren, Baba and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@topo)
Active Member Registered

Hi All, first time posting, but have followed the blog for a few years now (don’t want to use ‘lurk’, as it has a negative, sinister connotation).  I have also felt a suppressing energy as of late (for the last week). The best way to describe it is as if the energy is a string, stable in its movement. Recent energy has felt as though someone “twanged” the string, producing chaos.  Today feels as though the energy is somewhat stable again.  I attribute some of it to the political reporting, with Trump dominating the headlines and others dropping out of the race, and the trial news.  My hope is that NH’s primary propels Haley onward, and the grip of trump begins to slip.

deetoo, Freya, Lauren and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 CC21
(@cc21)

@topo Welcome! So glad you posted. I like the way you described the energy as a "twanged string" -- that perfectly describes the anxious and unsettled feelings people get!

deetoo, Lauren and Lovendures reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tesseract)
Famed Member Registered

Well. Apparently earworms are now a thing for me. I am used to being in a room full of people, looking at them one-by-one and giving them a short, simple message at the end of a meditation service. We called it Gifts of Spirit. One of my dearest friends, who also gave messages, received songs. So I knew it happened I just hadn’t really experienced it. My symbolic lexicon with Spirit, when they give me info to offer to a person  is made of many things, but not really of songs. Sooo, two new things I have had to learn in order to offer “Gifts of Spirit” in a different venue—the Forum. Here, in a message where I step aside and let Spirit type, it takes a little getting used to. Giving a “message” (NOT short!) from Spirit, to a group of folks I can't even see, let alone not know who is the intended “message-getter” 😮 has been a little odd. And apparently songs are now a part of my conduit-speak from Spirit. Now that I have shared that, I have to say I had an earworm this morning. Woke up with it. Yes. A Song. & because, when you learn something somehow teachers then have a tendency to up the ante and utilize the new skillset. They did so. 😕 

The song is not one I have listened to very often in the short period of time it has been available (2015). It is from a Broadway Play called Natasha, Pierre and the Great Comet of 1812. The play is taken from 40 to 70 pages of Leo Tolstoy’s War and Peace. Yeah. I know. WHAT!? I have not seen the play and this is the only song I have actually listened to from it. It is NOT an easy song to hear. So even though I will leave a link, be warned it is as painful as it is beautiful. The character who sings it is kind of an old-timey nerd – a writer, an introvert, a collector of poetry and philosophy. He isn’t really a very lovable character and this song is a bridge between Acts as he hits bottom. If you do decide to listen, be sure to listen to the entire thing, the ending is important.

So why do I think it is for the Forum/Collective? Bear with me, Spirit always has a reason and I usually find my meandering way to it. It has been at least 50+years since I read War and Peace—Tolstoy not being one of my favorite re-reads. I was a Education/Literature major so I guess Spirit thought this would be fun, to combine bookish and musical messages. The thing is, sometimes we have to go through what Pierre sings about to even know about Kermit’s Rainbow Connection.

The Forum has been filled lately with angst/something’s afoot/restlessness but also great posts about the positive results we are going to see as we persevere, send light, send positives, refuse to give into the darkness and ultimately find ourselves on the other side of the nightmare.

In the play, this song is about “hitting bottom” and I am understanding from Spirit that THEY see it, today, in my ear for you guys, as a song about democracy hitting bottom not an individual. I also understand the parallels to the American Revolution in astrology, although I was told of that configuration back in 2016, for the years beginning around 2016. I wonder if the star configuration right now is also that of Germany, 1930s. I’m not an astrologer so **shrug** I just listen to what Spirit tells me (well, mostly.)

America has been continuously in one kind of a revolution or another, for decades, &not positive or healthful ones. Add complacency to that, Spirit says, and here you are.

Complacency: blindness/ignorance of the active evil sliding under many illusions, has brought us to this year, this election. I happen to believe that we have the strength and knowledge and Spirit support to win through, but it has been ugly and out of balance. For decades the dark secretly seeded hate, autocracy, loss of freedoms and thus stealthily, slyly implanted—hidden beneath good stuff—roe vs wade, womens’ right to vote, marriage reform, cultural openness—while the underbelly of white supremacy, religious restrictions, toxic patriarchy, and minute political manipulations hid the long plan. There were secret actions over decades, over generations, with periods of upward mobility and environmental, educational, and personal freedoms appearing to be iron clad although they were anything but. We (Americans) were complacent and complacency allowed the underbelly to rise up. t was the appetizer. 2024 is the main course. Spirit will NOT fix it for us. They can't. This is Humanity's charge. But they are here, loving us. Always have been. Always will be. It is up to us to remove the caterers of the dark, change the menu, and wake up to the mess our complacency and evil’s earlier subtlety attempted to put in place before it could be noticed. There IS much afoot —but on both sides WE NOTICED and on our side, LOVE, unconditional and forgiving, is also afoot.
As I typed that I got another earworm. GEESH! but Spirit played with the lyrics as if to say, THIS is how you got here:

Friend, either you're closing your eyes to a situation you do not wish to acknowledgeOr you are not aware of the caliber of disasterIndicated by the presence of Disruption and Deceit in your communityya got trouble my friend Right here in America
With a capital "T" and that rhymes with "D" and that stands for Deceit
We've surely got trouble
Right here in America (right here)Remember the Maine, Plymouth Rock and the Golden Rule
(Apologies to Music Man!) Spirit did it!!! 🙄

Harold Hill of the disaster-finding song, fell in Love with the Librarian. Happy Ending. Parade.
WE must LOVE even when we want to b-slap folks who are either wholly corrupt or lost in a cult that could kill them while they think they should kill us. Remember the Angelic Microphone and the Feathers of the Light they send out because they CAN forgive when we can not.

The rain kept me off the computer, and as I waited for the storm here to conclude I read a nice little mystery, picked it up out of the pile….and surprise, one chapter began with the following:

"Just as the candle lights another and can light thousands of other candles, so one heart illuminates another heart and can illuminate thousands of other hearts." LEO TOLSTOY

&That’s when I knew I couldn't avoid posting. That's when I knew the earworm was, indeed, from Spirit.

The song is beautiful, but it is harsh, painful, angry. It does resolve. It is worth the harsh, in the end. I’ll let you hear that without spoilers. Side note: It was written specifically for the actor/singer. It wasn’t even in the play until this actor joined the cast.       https://youtu.be/qqz-azWlBVM?si=O7zpyixP4fRPQYhz

We are candles in the dark. We are the ones down here, humanity, WE must fix this. Spirit can lend strength, and will always provide the spark of LIGHT, but we are the candles, we must LIGHT one another in Love.  Namaste.

Freya, Tara Prete, Lauren and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Topic starter  

@tesseract 

Ok so WOW!

When you get an earworm, you really get one don't you?

That song and your message about it and us and America... that was a gift.

Thank you Tesseract and thank you Spirit.

I encourage any of you to listen and yes, through til the end please.

( BTW, I have seen and felt the power of one candle lighting a sea of others.  Love, hope, compassion, goodness, care...they all can do that.  One person, one act, it can make a difference.). 

Lauren and Jeanne Mayell reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Topic starter  

@topo 

Welcome to our community!

I also like your "twang string" description.  I think some of this could be the political reporting too.  

Haley says she is staying it the race.  I hope she does.

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@topo, Yes hearty welcome to you!

Lauren reacted
ReplyQuote
(@raincloud)
Famed Member Registered

@tesseract 

Seeing Natasha, Pierre and the Great Comet of 1812 on Broadway was a mind-blowing experience. I have never seen so much talent on one stage. The incredible Josh Groban was only one of an entire cast of multi-talented performers.

A bit of a  paradox of having a song about hitting bottom elevating one. To follow the metaphor, Tesseract, let's hope that the "I am ready to wake up," in the last line is a metaphor for the US and its democratic values.

deetoo, Lauren and Lovendures reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tesseract)
Famed Member Registered

@lovendures @raincloud

The actual earworm was those last words I am ready, I am ready . . . to. wake. up! sung in Josh's voice AS I was myself waking up. Years ago I told Spirit I would not work with anyone (in Spirit) no matter how "evolved" who did not have a sense of humor. That bites me in the butt all the time! For example: The first "wakeup" via Josh's song/voice was at 4:00 am. (There is no time for them!) I did get up, but not for long. It happened again at 7:00 am, at which time I gave up and got up for good. Still, it wasn't until I was reading one of Ellery Adams mysteries where she has a quote at the top of every chapter, and I just happened (HA!) to pick it up instead of any other book from the library pile, and there just happened 🙄 to be a Tolstoy quote, that I knew I was being strongly "encouraged" to come to the Forum.

I refreshed my memory (via Google) of this mini excerpt from War and Peace. Pierre wasn't old, even if he was hitting bottom. He was in his twenties, but drunk, he got himself into a duel and he wasn't the athletic type so he figured he would die. I understand from something Josh said during one of his Covid concerts (online) that there was no transition for Pierre from his character in the first Act to the rest of the play so Dave Malloy wrote the song Dust and Ashes, and according to an article I found (see link below) the entire play changed.

As for America, @Raincloud, I do believe Spirit was saying exactly that the song is ". . .a metaphor for the US and its democratic values." That was the entire point of the earworm. We not only need to wake up, we MUST, and I think overall, we are.

I also want to say, since I am here typing, that Spirit saying "you have to fix this we can't" or whatever words I typed in that long post the other day, sounds almost as harsh as poor Pierre's lament. However, the image I think I would have used (mostly it was Spirit writing not me) rather than Music Man lyrics, I would have used a metaphor about teaching a three-year-old how to pick up toys and clean up his room, as I did with my sons. If you clean up for them from the get go, they never really do it themselves! You take the little hand, walk with them over to the toys scattered, help them grab one and then walk over to the toy box. And repeat. We are learning to pick up our scattered toys and clean our rooms. They are here, holding our hands, but WE must pick up the toys and walk to the toybox!

Spirit is always with us. We are never alone. And they CAN provide miracles. I have been a recipient of such things. Miracles do happen. The thing is, on the grander scale of Earth and Humanity, although Angels or others in Spirit can and will save a life or mitigate a dangerous situation, most of the time we do have to get ourselves out whatever mess we've made! I inevitably find myself thinking of George Burns in Oh God! at the end when he tells John Denver

Obviously that's a play. However it seems like something the Creator would say! It isn't just America at a crossroads, it is Humanity. I know (studied/was) into new age stuff, Native American beliefs, Space+Spirit stuff, all of which have lots of prophecies almost all of which talk about these end years or transition years, and I tend to believe that all of them have some of it correct. @Jeanne-Mayell's 2014 vision is, to me, one of the most realistic possible future visions I've come across in 50 years of being a student of metaphysics.  I am old enough for there to have been at least three or four "this is the end" callouts and several Harmonic Convergence type experiences and all of them lead me to believe that WE, humanity, and our choices are what make the difference. We aren't sitting down here waiting for the prophecies to manifest, we are living, doing, BEING—and the choices made by us in our many nations, beliefs, and understandings, fund the partially seen (through mystics and gurus and intuitives) manifestations.  The reason I love fantasy even more than science fiction (and I love science fiction) is because fantasy almost always deals with the battle between good and evil. Fantasy almost always includes magic and mental gifts. David Eddings, a marvelous author, had his characters talk about "the Will and the Word" when explaining how Sorcerers' magic works. and also that when you try to erase something or tell it to "disappear" YOU will disappear instead because to call on destruction is to call on nothingness and you become it YOU disappear. But I digress. A terrible habit of mine. 😊 There is so much to talk, share, explore in life and history and the future, and being immunocompromised I was missing dialogue and discussion so very much, until I "happened" upon this site.

@raincloud, how I envy you seeing Comet! Did you also see Sweeny with Josh? There is a marvelous clip on NPR Tiny Desk of six of the cast doing three songs and even from that, no costumes, etc, I can see just how amazing it must have been. But alas, I cannot get to Broadway. On the other hand, if I had to choose between seeing JG on Broadway or giving up the hug I got from him in 2005 when my friend and her "Second Grade Grobanites" met him before his Concert, I would give up Broadway and stick with the HUG!

The reason I hadn't been starting up my old pc and perusing the Forum is that I STAY HERE TOO LONG and digress all over the place. & it is Circle of Light evening. I am so ready, I am so ready TO BE THERE! ❤️ 

https://www.americantheatre.org/2017/03/30/how-one-song-changed-the-arc-of-great-comet/

https://youtu.be/Dj5Y5VwhfHs?si=pC5IBn6K1NCB61Dz   (Tiny Desk with Josh Groban and Annaleigh Ashford)

Freya, Lauren and Unk p reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 6 / 7
Share: