Notifications
Clear all

Lessons we can learn from wrong predictions

(@cindy)
Illustrious Member Registered Participant

Here's something to ponder when thinking of getting it wrong: ghandigirl asked for folks to tune into her missing cat to aid in finding her. When I sat and thought, I saw a white truck and a cat in the bed. I saw a tuxedo cat. I found ghandigirl's post and realized Cleo was a tabby, not a tuxedo, so I was obviously wrong. I was glad I hadn't posted what I'd seen, which could have led to more anxiety. Yet, knowing it was wrong, several times yesterday I had another flash of the scene-the cat and the white truck. 

This morning on FB, in my neighborhood group, a gal on the other end of the neighborhood posted a picture asking if anyone was missing a cat. The pic was of the bed of a white truck and a tuxedo cat sitting on the garage floor near the tire. There was a second pic of a white & brown spotted cat as well in a laundry room. The tuxedo according to the neighbors on that end say the tuxedo is feral, but the second cat is lost and friendly-spending the night in a stranger's laundry room. 

So I certainly didn't see Cleo (who hopefully has come out of hiding by now), but I was seeing something nearby that was real. It's a real mix of right and wrong at the same time. 

Just something to ponder when we're thinking of hits and misses. 

tybin, ghandigirl, Iridium and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: