Notifications
Clear all

Afterlife

(@jsr78)
Famed Member Registered

My mom told me she had a dream: she and my dad were driving to the Gurdwara(Sikh temple) they were being followed, pretty much tailgated. When they got to the Gurdwara the other car parked next to them and twin girls came out of the car, my mom got angry at them for driving so close. They said they were sorry they didn't know the way. They went inside and sat down, when my mom sat down she saw the girls sitting next to an old woman, that woman was my grandmother. My mom understood the twins were my sisters that died before I was born and my grandmother was taking care of them. 

Another thing that happened with my mom was something weird happened on her side of the family. Within a year my grandfather, two of my uncles (my mom's brothers) and my aunt (my mom's sister) all died. Nobody knew why such bad luck was happening, my mom had a dream of some men dressed in white in a house in India, she didn't understand it. She went to a psychic, the psychic said there were ghosts of her ancestors in her ancestral home in India and they couldn't get around the house because things were blocking the way and they are angry. They were martyrs that died in religious war, since they were dressed in white. The psychic told mom to tell people to clean things up and to go to the Gurdwara every day for 40 days and pray, can be any prayer. Mom called India and told them to clean up the house. Mom then went to the Gurdwara 40 days straight either my dad would drive her or I would. Rainy days sunny days we'd go, otherwise we'd have to start all over again. At the end of 40 days my mom said she saw a dream of the men in white get on their white horses and leave, everything was fine after that. 

My mom sees my grandparents when she prays to this day. 

Isabelle, Jeanne Mayell, Michele and 27 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@elaineg)
Famed Member Registered

I've been reading several web sites that are promoting soul seeds. A soul is made up these seeds. Does that mean that if I'm a nice person in this life, I could be a serial killer in the next depending on what seeds I'm given? I don't like the thought of the seeds soul at all. I thought a soul was a soul working for the time not to come back.

CC21, lenor, Stargazer and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@stargazer)
Illustrious Member Registered

@moonbeam

This is a fascinating thread, and thanks to you for starting it ... it is so hard to explain our transpersonal experience in terms of the rational mind, as Spirit is non-linear. "It's like trying to figure out how many angels can dance on the head of a pin."

To answer some of the well-posed questions above, here are some recommendations if anyone might be interested in some non-linear feedback that may resonate (from a Spiritual Master who passed in 1971, and is now an Ascended One, Sri Paulji).....

' The Far Country '

' The Flute of God '

' The Shariat Ki Sugmad '

(Sri Paul Twitchell, author)

" There is no teacher, living or past, who can give us the actual understanding of Truth. A teacher can only put our feet on the path and point the way. That is all. It is wholly dependent on the individual to make his/her way to Truth."

This I do know for certain ... we are spiritual beings trying to be human ?☀️?

Pikake, deetoo, CC21 and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@vestralux)

@moonbeam, Holly is still with you. You will know this is true because occasionally you have seen her shadow moving in your peripheral vision, small and low to the floor—even if you told yourself it was nothing. You've felt her movements on the bed as you drifted in and out of sleep some nights or early mornings. Every time you've cried to yourself over her passing, she was right there, purring you back from despair. You've continued on together—not so different than before—except that now, she's your guardian and helper, not just your companion.

She always will be; that's how a bond like yours works.

I've seen and talked to spirits all my life. My daughter, my mother, and most of my mother's many siblings do—as well as many of her recent ancestors (my great-grandfather was locally revered for his healing gifts, which came from the help of ancestral spirits). But I don't consider the capacity a genetic trait; it's probably more true that an environment of openness, sensitivity, and belief were handed down.

We all have an innate human ability to do this, it just takes different forms for each of us, and not everyone is open to it. Some of us see (apparitions, visions, or even physically-appearing spirits), some hear, some feel, some actually smell, and others "just know things." Some can do all of these things or a few. Others can channel spirits directly using their own bodies, and others transmit spirit information via automatic writing (as @BlueBelle does so well) and other means.

You have your own gift for this, which I suspect is in some way related to what we call telepathy. /1

PamP, Michele, Stargazer and 27 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@vestralux)

@moonbeam

...I could write books on what I've learned about what I'll call the intermediate or liminal plane (a vast but earthbound dimension many spirits remain in for some time after death, for various reasons) but only a few pages on what I think I know of the true Afterlife, or "other side" of the veil. The latter appears to be an altogether higher reality where souls move forward toward a seemingly infinite trajectory of integration, evolution, wisdom-sharing, and growth. Most world religious have some iteration on the "communion of saints" imagery conveyed in Christian texts: a cascading, multi-tiered (multi-dimensional) depiction of radiant souls of many different types appearing in a vast and glorious geometric architecture of pure unity. This imagery shows up as a "heavenly choir of angels"; a profound convergence of bodhisattva beings; a vast array of multi-armed, multi-eyed Hindu deities; a conscious totemic structure or constellation among certain indigenous, and in many other forms...

I don't claim to understand it much, but since 2016, I've felt these vast constellations of awakened beings all around us/the Earth, and have more than once found myself lifted into the center of a brilliant formation made up of many distinct individuals who were simultaneously radiating a profound collective intelligence. A many/Oneness. Baffling in its expanse and shattering in its overwhelming energy of love.

Words are inadequate. /2

PamP, Frank, Michele and 25 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@vestralux)

@moonbeam

Mostly, though, I just see the ordinary spirits of dead folks—people who've chosen, consciously or not, to stick around. Most appear to be here because of guilt, fear, or obsession, and all of them share in common that they have a LOT of unresolved past emotions. (Trauma doesn't resolve itself just because we've shed the body.) Many can't face the reality of their death, and plenty don't even realize they are dead. Others stay because they actively enjoy negatively influencing and feeding off the living—no different than when they were alive. The latter type are in a much darker condition than the rest (their spirit or energy bodies can take on repulsive forms), and they are the most resistant to help from higher spirits (help is ALWAYS available, but must be wanted to be received).

All of these groups are what I'll call the unwell dead. Every one of us has unwell ancestors, and some of us are more directed by those unwell ancestors than we'd be willing to accept. (I personally believe it is our responsibility to live well and integrate our past in order to heal and liberate our unwell relatives. This also liberates our future descendants, so that they have lives worth claiming.) 

As for your mom, I'm deeply sorry to hear that you and she are going through this. Alzheimer's is a horrible thing. It's heart-shattering.

If you're open to it, an important thing you can do for her—and for yourself—is to pray for her liberation from this plane, now and after death. She clearly has unwell ancestors who are confused, fearful, and weighted down by unresolved emotional lives—and they've crowded in. You can simply visualize or create a meditative intention, asking that they all turn and listen to the bright spirits and loved ones who are already waiting nearby to assist them.  

I hope some of this was helpful, Moonbeam. Much love to you and all here reading this—living and no-longer-living. ? 3/3

PamP, Michele, Stargazer and 27 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@febbby23)

@sistermoon I think I read that book after my dad died.  He had the most wonderful hospice nurse and she really taught me so much.  She was an ex catholic nun and she was so comforting and helpful.  True angel in earth.  I can’t remember the name but it was great.  

PamP, Stargazer, deetoo and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@moonbeam)
Topic starter  

@vestralux. I'm a little overcome with emotion reading your reply. I need to process. Thank you so much for your time and energy in replying.

I have seen the twisted, dark ancestors for almost all my life until I shut myself off to it, but with that also closed myself off any gifts I might posses which led to intense bouts of unhappiness. It's been 18/20 years, but I've started opening up again and they are gone; happiness flowing back in. It is likely that they are clamoring around my mother. I will try what you've suggested. I did this shortly after her diagnose, but tumbled into a burnout and wasn't able to continue. Gratitude for pointing it out. ❤️ 

The telepathy you mentioned is what I've always called empathy/intuition, but yours might be a better description. I use it guiding my students and helping friends on instinct and it never fails. 

Thank you for your comment regarding Holly. I have had many cats, but she was one of a kind and sometimes I think she wasn't a cat on the inside at all. I'm crying again as I type, so I'll take to heart what you've said. Blessings. ❤️ 

PamP, Pikake, Michele and 19 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@moonbeam)
Topic starter  

@jsr78. Wonderful comfort for you and your mother! ? 

PamP, Stargazer, Unk p and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sistermoon)
Famed Member Registered

Posted by: @moonbeam

@sistermoon, thank you for the book title! I try to grab it for a read. Interesting that you note signs. It is true that a lot of people are closed off to the spiritual side of things. If you can/are willing to answer; did your grandfather appear with a reason? Was it for comfort or something you hoped? Or out of the blue? (this happened to my mother, who was afraid and thus my grandfather disappeared again).

My grandfather did not speak to me, yet he seemed to communicate without words, as though his thoughts were beamed directly inside my mind. I believe his purpose was to let me know he was still "alive." I sensed he wanted to show me his "wholeness." I had a very real sense of his wanting me to know he was okay, he was happy and alive, and that I shouldn't lament his passing.

I had a second visit from him; again he did not speak aloud in words. I am not sure what he was trying to impart to me and sensed his impatience that I was focused on the fact that he was dead. It was very much a sense of "Focus! That's not important!"

These visits were shortly after his death, which happened over two years ago, and I believe the first visit was meant to comfort me. The second was to tell me something about my family (likely advice or a call to remain close -- I'm not sure), but again I was too focused on the fact that he was dead.

Since then, I have not had another visit from him that I've been able to recognize as such. But his visits were integral to solidifying my understanding that something greater exists beyond this world and as a result set me on the path that I continue on now, the path to better understanding and developing my own spiritual life and gifts. 

Grace, PamP, Pikake and 21 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lowtide)

You are all such deep thinkers and feelers, and have so much insight.  Thank you for sharing your experiences.  They are helpful.  I have a couple of things to share.  They're pretty basic.

For decades and in different circumstances, people whom I have never met before will call me by my mother's name.  Patients I've taken care of in the hospital, people I have met through family members who would have no idea of my mom's name.  It is the strangest thing to be working in a patient's room and have the person say, "Gloria?  Can I have a glass of water?"  My name is Gail. My mom was Gloria.  But it is so comforting to me!

Does anyone know why that happens?  

My mom had dementia and I was her constant and only close companion for years after she went into the nursing home.  Often I felt like I WAS her.  Like she was feeling, seeing and doing through me.  Is that like being an empath? I loved her very, very much.  She died two years ago.    

Another experience came through my cousin in a dream. My dad died in 2015.  He always had a boat, loved fishing and some of my best memories of us are of fishing and being on the boat with him.  Anyway, in 2016 my daughter-in-law miscarried her baby boy Justin when she was 5 months pregnant.  She had had multiple miscarriages in the past.  This would be her last pregnancy.  My cousin dreamed while this was happening that my dad came to her and asked her to help him tow his boat out to the river where we used to fish.  He was desperate to get to the river.  In the dream she towed his boat and got him out to the river.  It was striking to her how insistent he was that he get to the river.

I took this dream to mean that as a river flows, and as the baby was flowing from my dear one's body, he needed to be at the river to receive the child and to let us know that our little one under construction would be safe with him, and he would take him on to his next destination.  Is this crazy?  It seems so obvious and real to me.  And very comforting.

Thanks for listening with your hearts.  I think that is something we all do very well.

Grace, PamP, Pikake and 23 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@lowtide I love your dream about your father carrying the baby to his next destination.  I have seen beings in the other side while giving readings. These are experiences, not explainable.  I’m not religious so I don’t have beliefs about the afterlife but I have had many sense experiences of beings  on the other side.  In  2001 when my father laying dying with me near his bedside, and he was gasping for breath, in my anxiety for him, I heard myself cry out to him, "Grammy's here! Grammy's hear!"  I hadn't quite realized it, but he had been especially close to his mother who had died decades earlier. I felt her presence on the other side as he was about to cross over. 

Isabelle, Grace, PamP and 27 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

I don't know of any NDE's that can't be explained in some way, namely that the person wasn't really dead.  Yet in my deep knowing states, I "know" spirits of people are there.  I can explain it away as just part of the unconscious, but my experience of beings on the other side feels very real in my inner knowing state. And one thing I've learned from reading people for 35 years is that it is difficult, maybe impossible  to cognitively know something we haven't got an explanation for.  But we can "know" things intuitively. Do I sound contradictory?  I'm just saying it's a mystery but I do not argue with my more powerful intuitive experiences. 

Also logical explanations, although they satisfy many atheists and non believers, don't preclude the existence of an afterlife.

True wisdom is probably somewhere between embracing the mystery and embracing our intuitive experiences. 

One incident in the NDE literature that jumps out at me is the case of Pamela Reynolds, a woman who survived a 95 minute surgery in which they stopped her heart and drained all the blood from her body and her EEG was flat. It was an experimental procedure to save her life from a brain aneurism.  She was for all purposes dead. It is reported in a 1988 book by Michael Sabom, M.D. Light and Death, p. 43: 

What is remarkable about Pam‟s experience was not that she survived such a daring surgical procedure, but that during the entire time, although she was totally unconscious and “her electroencephalogram was silent, her brain-stem activity was absent, and no blood flowedthrough her brain” (Sabom, 1998, p. 49), she reported having an out-of-body experience and an awareness of events what were occurring in the operating room! As Pam‟s attending surgeon, Dr. Robert Spetzler, Director of Barrow Neurological Institute in Phoenix, Arizona, said: “If you would examine that patient from a clinical perspective during that hour, that patient by all definition would be dead. At this point there was no brain activity, no blood going to the brain. Nothing. Nothing. Nothing” (Sabom, 1998, p. 5). As Neal Grossman (2002) remarked about the case:

A brain in this state cannot create any kind of experience. Yet the patient reported a profound NDE (near death experience). Those materialists who believe that consciousness is secreted by the brain, or that the brain is necessary for conscious experience to exist, cannot possibly explain, in their own terms, cases such as this. An impartial observer would have to conclude that not all experience is produced by the brain, and that therefore the falsity of materialism has been empirically demonstrated (Grossman, 2002, p. 31).

PamP, Stargazer, lenor and 23 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

When my first husband died by suicide (it's out now in Mary Ann Bohrer's book so I might as well accept that I can't keep it private),  I had a life changing death experience that opened me to the other world. It wasn't just that voices were talking to me constantly during that terrible traumatic time.  

Spirits explained to me that everything was ruled by the laws of physics and, like Coyote's NDE, something cyclical and mathematical was at play that included Warren's violent death and near-killing me, and my own instinct to protect myself from getting killed.   Voices told me I would be okay, eventually, and would change back to my maiden name and start a new life. Some voices were loud and clear, others were whispers and flowing. All were loving and helped keep me from going crazy during that traumatic time. 

Because we were close in the way that twenty-somethings can be, when he passed, I felt a connection to that world. I knew he was there behind the veil, as much there as when someone you know is in another state or country, just not in the room with you, but still there. (I must add that he hurt me, it was an abusive relationship, and I had left him just a few weeks before, and would never ever be in a relationship like that again, but we were very close nonetheless.)

But the closeness with someone who has died, connects you with the other side. I felt I could peer into the air and he was there behind a veil. I have never lost a sibling or a child, and while I loved my parents, I was not that intensely close to them when they passed, but I expect that that closeness of sibling or child is similar to what I had with Warren, and it takes you to the other world. Viktor Frankl described in Man's Search for Meaning how when he was in Aushwitz separated from his wife and parents,  he had psychic conversations with his wife, even though she was probably dead by then. It felt like that for me, although I think spirit guides were talking to me more.

There is more to tell but I'm suddenly exhausted and can't post any more. :-)

Cindy, Isabelle, Grace and 43 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lowtide)

Thank you, Jeanne. It takes a big step of faith and trust to share such a closely held and intensely personal experience. Blessings to you for helping and leading us all. ❤️

Isabelle, Grace, PamP and 29 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mikeb)
Estimable Member Registered

@vestralux

"Most world religious have some iteration on the "communion of saints" imagery conveyed in Christian texts: a cascading, multi-tiered (multi-dimensional) depiction of radiant souls of many different types appearing in a vast and glorious geometric architecture of pure unity. This imagery shows up as a "heavenly choir of angels"; a profound convergence of bodhisattva beings; a vast array of multi-armed, multi-eyed Hindu deities; a conscious totemic structure or constellation among certain indigenous, and in many other forms...

I don't claim to understand it much, but since 2016, I've felt these vast constellations of awakened beings all around us/the Earth, and have more than once found myself lifted into the center of a brilliant formation made up of many distinct individuals who were simultaneously radiating a profound collective intelligence. A many/Oneness. Baffling in its expanse and shattering in its overwhelming energy of love."

Reading your post reminds me of the imagery that Baba sometimes receives during her meditations on the White House. She has seen "choirs of angels" and great multitudes of light-bearing individuals surrounding it.  Here is a recent example from 8/6:

"I see the White House. It is dark inside. Outside the WH fences, I see rings and rings of light workers spaced out emitting a blue/white light from each ring. Their heads are bowed and they are concentrating on sending light and healing to the people. The sky is red and black and there is purple lightning in the distance. I heard the word, “reckoning”."

This is all fascinating.

Grace, PamP, Stargazer and 19 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@jeanne-mayell

You my friend, are a beautiful soul.

I have a lovely artist friend who experienced the devastation of the Northridge Earthquake in 1994.   Included in the items destroyed by the strong quake were most of her china, tea cups and glassware as well as some beautiful artwork  she had created over the years.  

My entire extended family also went through this monster of a quake which struck in complete darkness as it tossed the ground violently.  There were months of clean-up and PTSD to deal with before life seemed more familiar to them again.  For weeks I helped sort their  damaged and shattered items from the things that were still usable. It was a process, physically and emotionally.  It was dirty and dusty.  Sharp edges were involved and the mess seemed to go on forever.  The dumpster pile grew tall and wide each week on the curb awaiting the garbage trucks to come haul away the debris.  Eventually the houses were repaired and the needed items that were broken were replaced.  

My artist friend approached her clean-up process a bit differently.  Before  throwing everything that shattered away, she  gathered up the broken pieces off the floor, sifted through the remains and examined them with care.  She sorted.  Thought.  Contemplated.  She saw the pieces gathered around her in a new light.  After some time and reflection, 3 piles remained. The first pile was filled  items which no longer served a useful purpose in her life journey.  They were placed for disposal. The second pile was filled with things that could still serve their purpose  They were mended, cleaned, dusted and placed back into her home with greater appreciation and some joy.  

The third pile was different.  To the casual observer,  it also appeared to be a collection of broken "things" with no possible further purpose  and destined for a rubbish bin as well.  But my friend found beauty  in these shattered remains.  These fractured pieces would be instruments for her healing process.  Day by day, week by week, month by month and over the years, she would create meaningful  and expressive artwork form these pieces that had been destroyed by that massive quake.  Some would become mosaics, others collages.  She had all the material she needed to create, invent, discover and re-imagine.  Day by day her spirit healed and grew more peaceful as she connected more fully to her soul.  She had been given everything she needed to heal and begin traveling on her next journey.  She became a beautiful  firebird, a Phoenix. 

Jeanne, you found all the material you needed to heal , re-imagine, invent and discover.  You sorted through your 3 piles left from your own tragedy. Sharp edges were involved and the mess must have seemed to go on forever.  And yet, look a what a beautiful, love filled, purpose driven life you have created,  What a remarkable journey you have taken.

You realize you too are a magnificent firebird soaring through the sky don"t you?

Isabelle, PamP, Pikake and 25 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@vestralux)

Posted by: @lowtide

My mom had dementia and I was her constant and only close companion for years after she went into the nursing home.  Often I felt like I WAS her.  Like she was feeling, seeing and doing through me. 

Hi @lowtide. I believe that, because your mother felt most comfortable in and near your energy, she may have stayed here with you after death, always standing in or very near your biofield. Your energy is bright and warm, and to a recently departed spirit, that feels safe and good. You were a comfort to her in life and she has been a comfort to you. She's only wanted to guide and protect you. 

It's possible, though, that your mother may still need to cross over so that she can fully integrate her life experience at the soul level and gain further insights into her purpose. After she does that, she can come back to guide and teach you, or to simply be near as a comfort to you when needed.

This is a vitally important process. In a period of about three days after death, a beautiful light portal opens for most people, and relatives and higher spirits from the other side arrive to ferry the soul forward. But when a spirit is highly attached or fearful of neglecting what they believe is their duty or responsibility to a close loved one, they may avoid crossing over, believing they should stay behind to help. (It must be incredibly hard to leave our children.) Other times, the living person's grief keeps them here.

Unfortunately, the presence of an uncrossed-over spirit can inadvertently drain the energies of the living. When they cross over and do their work, the bright wholeness that they become is only beneficial to the living if they later choose to return. (In my experience, crossed over loved ones ALWAYS return the instant we think of them; whether we choose to perceive their presence is another matter.)

I feel a change has recently occurred or soon will for you, and that your mother's spirit is going to be a wonderful guide for you. (She will also be assisting her confused ancestors in the process.) 

As to your cousin's dream, I have many, many times heard from spirits that they perceive a river at the point of crossing over, which I take to be a great channel of flowing energies, like a portal. There's also AMPLE cross-cultural/historical evidence of this found in world mythology and religions. The River Styx is just one powerful example. The river itself is a crossroads between the Earthbound plane and the true spirit world. I believe your dad came to your cousin in her dream to convey the message that he would be serving as the infant spirit's psychopomp—a person or spirit who safely guides souls across. ?

Pikake, Michele, Coyote and 25 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@vestralux)

@mikeb

I'm so happy you noticed this. Many times I've observed it too, and @Baba and I have actually spoken about it once or twice. I'm enthralled by her powerful visions and her clear connection to these beautiful beings. 

@jeanne-mayell

I'm so deeply moved by your story. Thank you for your willingness to share it with us. It's clear that your soul chose an incredible trial by fire in this lifetime. You've survived those fires and learned to channel their energies toward your higher purpose. You have both my awe and gratitude. ?

Isabelle, PamP, Pikake and 23 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@vestralux)

@lovendures

What a BEAUTIFUL story, as was your telling of it. It reminded me of the Japanese art of Kintsugi. When treasured tea cups and other ceramic vessels are broken, the shards are carefully restored using gold to fill the cracks.

It's believed that a vessel isn't truly beautiful—or adequate to its true purpose—until it's been broken and lovingly repaired.

And what is healing, if not that? ?

PamP, Pikake, Michele and 21 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 7
Share: