Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] 2020 Election and the Transition

(@starpath)
Noble Member Registered

I dreamed this morning about a child of around 5 years old regressing into an infant of maybe 4 or 5 months who needs to be comforted so it can go to sleep.  Although the dream didn't give any indication of who this was I woke up and wondered if it was Trump.  The dream seemed to be very neutral in the portrayal of everyone.  I played the part of an adult trying to pacify the child and then at the end of the dream carrying the baby and patting it on its back to try and calm its fussiness...hoping it would soon fall asleep.  In the dream I had volunteered to  care for the child, and I had felt it was not too big a deal, but it kept getting more and more difficult as the child regressed.  There was an emphasis on the child being difficult to appease, he wanted things to be a certain way.  The food had to taste a certain way, or I had to run and get the food he desired...he wanted certain types of toys, etc...I reminds me of the recent news media coverage of Trump and Melania going back to Mar a lago and finding Melania's decorating repulsive and having some of it removed etc...forcing others around him to cater to his whims...

IF it is a predictive dream about Trump we may see his mental cognition go downhill very fast now...I don't know, maybe bad alzheimers??  IF the dream is about him I feel like he won't be able to hide his mental difficulties, they will become obvious and this may force him to retreat from the public eye...I don't really know but I thought it was worth posting.  I can't think what it would mean otherwise.

2ndfdl, Avon, JourneyWithMe2 and 17 people reacted
(@mas1581)
Illustrious Member Registered

@allyn

I definitely took note to the EO and 10 year sentences. Even more beautiful is that Merrick Garland will be there to charge them. If only he had another job and wasn't able to be the AG.......

As far as Trump running again, I think they will follow thru with impeachment to keep that from happening. Hopefully they can convict this time. 

He is back at it today on Twitter. His next tweet after the hostage video was more subtle incitement.

2ndfdl, FEBbby23, Isabelle and 17 people reacted
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

JourneyWithMe2, Isabelle, lenor and 7 people reacted
(@melmystery)
Noble Member Registered

Posted by: @cc21

I spent some time this morning on FB engaging with one of the people who regularly pipes up on a friend's feed with the cryptic statements about this being bigger than T, etc. We actually did have a civil exchange (trying very hard to stay calm if I choose to engage these folks.) And he never could give me a straightforward answer. Unfortunately, there are a large contingent like him who believe they have "seen the truth" in all of this and that they have all the answers. It will take much time and patience and light to see us through to the other side of this.

I've noticed so much of this type of thing popping up on social media the past several years - folks who claim they "know the truth" and give cryptic breadcrumbs or claim if they say anything more someone dark and sinister will come and get them.  Perhaps they do know something big and important that I don't, but my intuition tells me that most of these folks are full of bull - misguided attention seekers at best, deluded misinformation agents at worst.  I just pass right on by their posts so as not to get pulled into their illusion of reality.

FEBbby23, JourneyWithMe2, Tiger-n-Owl and 13 people reacted
(@dannyboy)

@mas1581 for the record, none of us in Michigan want her back.  We feel Florida may be more her speed.

JourneyWithMe2, lenor, November and 7 people reacted
(@unk-p)

Five people died at the attempted Kook Coup.  A policeman was killed when someone hit him in the head with a fire extinguisher.  The former military woman who was shot while climbing through a broken window was leading a group of people who were carrying zip ties and duffel bags (for taking hostages?).  There were guns, bombs, and Napalm. Apparently there was also a plan to hang VP Pence, and there was a large gallows pole set up outside, with a noose.  One man died of a heart attack after he accidentally  tasered himself in the crotch.  A woman was trampled to death while she carried a "Don't tread on me" flag. It sounds crazy, but I am not making this up.

TriciaCT, PracticalNihilist, Aheartbegins and 17 people reacted
(@mas1581)

@dannyboy

If she doesn't come back, are you guys prepared to handle the bears in schools? It worries me that without her guidance and her armed teachers, you might not be prepared. Hahaha

TriciaCT, Maggieci, FEBbby23 and 9 people reacted
 CC21
(@cc21)
Illustrious Member Moderator

Thanks, @melmystery - yes, I had been good for a long time and just ignoring it all, but this week got me sucked back in a bit. I am back to myself now and will just ignore them. The delusions are strong and it is scary to think how far down the rabbit-hole so many of them are...but I cannot control that, so I need to back away from it for my own health! 

On the bright side, literally, the sun is shining here in Michigan today after a long week or two of gray weather, so I am going to make sure I soak it in, bundle up and go out for a nice, long nature walk! :)

melmystery, TriciaCT, Maggieci and 15 people reacted
(@ana)

Posted by: @dannyboy

@mas1581 for the record, none of us in Michigan want her back.  We feel Florida may be more her speed.

For the love of God, NO!!!  ? 

TriciaCT, FEBbby23, TriciaCT and 1 people reacted
(@dannyboy)

@mas1581 You know, I’ve given this a lot of thought.  I’ve spent 20 years in the field of education, and while those 20 years have always been under the shroud of constant threat of the prophecy of the Grizzly Bear insurrection being fulfilled, I think at this point I can ride out my last 10 years and keep hoping for the best.

TriciaCT, 2ndfdl, Maggieci and 11 people reacted
(@mas1581)

@dannyboy

When I was in gradeschool a bear would invade our classroom yearly. He would always come with this dog. They were there so often that we named them. I have fond memories of Smokey and McGruff. Haha

TriciaCT, Maggieci, FEBbby23 and 13 people reacted
(@dannyboy)

@mas1581 I read your first two sentences 16 times.  Six.  Teen.  Times.  Before finishing it to get the punchline.  ?. 

I was like...Mas went to school in some crazy backwoods place if that is true.  Oh how I needed this today.

TriciaCT, lenor, Avon and 5 people reacted
(@mas1581)

@dannyboy

Haven't you learned by now that 99% of the stuff that comes out of my mouth is sarcasm and the other 1% is unintelligible? 

I went to school in Chicago and didn't see a bear outside of a zoo til I was in 30s living in Ocala, FL

Maggieci, FEBbby23, lenor and 9 people reacted
(@dannyboy)

@mas1581 I award you ALL the points

deetoo, TriciaCT, Maggieci and 9 people reacted
(@jackofhearts)
Noble Member Registered

Posted by: @deetoo

Based on what he saw, Heilemann suspects there was complicity among some (not all) of the Capitol Police -- a fifth column, as he put it.

I find this comment striking, and I suspect this is one of the edges of the same coin related to the "defund" movement.   I am well aware back in 2016 there was a notable segment of law enforcement wanting to serve on Trump's details.  More than is normal.  This would be something that is known within various 3 letter agencies.  If I go further back, around 2010 if memory serves, I was in Nevada on a business trip.  The person on the trip with me wanted to go to a shooting range.  

What struck me was the person behind the desk, as his rhetoric was pretty intense.  Toward the end of his rants it came out that this was not his regular job, his regular job was being a police officer.   

My thought at the time was, how in the hell do you work as a police officer who is pretty much supposed to keep people such as yourself at bay?  How in the world could this happen?   It was the first time I actually felt unsafe in the US when travelling.   What is sad is it paints all law enforcement with a bad brush.  

Obviously things have been let to fester in law enforcement, and some serious work needs to be done across all levels. At some point the body politic composed of the uniquely American version of libertarianism is going to have to come to terms it has "met the enemy and he is us". 

I am hopeful after the travesty of last week a plurality will recognize this, and breadth and depth things will rapidly improve.  Barring that, I suspect the only thing that puts this type of thing to bed once and for all is an ending more akin to Il Duce than Khomeini.  

It seems only fitting that Georgia would tip the scales, and Jimmy Carter would live to see it.

lenor, JourneyWithMe2, deetoo and 17 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Representative James Clyburn the House Majority whip feels there was insider collusion with the rioters.  Here is a story:    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/james-clyburn-says-somebody-on-the-inside-of-capitol-was-complicit/.  

As far as is known at this time, there was not however a meeting between Trump and the Proud Boys. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-protests-proud-boys/proud-boys-leader-wasnt-invited-to-white-house-took-public-tour-spokesman-idUSKBN28M0V2

Perhaps more will be revealed about this as the investigation continues. 

Clyburn Story: 

I do believe that something was going on," Clyburn told CBSN anchor Lana Zak. "They knew where to go. I've been told … by some other Congress people that their staff are saying that they saw people being allowed into the building through side doors. Who opened those side doors for these protesters, or I call them these mobsters, to come into the building, not through the main entrance where magnetometers are but through side doors. Yes, somebody on the inside of those buildings were complicit in this." ...

Clyburn suggested his inner office was targeted by the mob because there was "activity outside of my inner office where most people don't know where that is." 

The office with my name on the door was not touched. But the office where I do most of my work in, they were on that floor and outside that door," the South Carolina Democrat said. 

Clyburn also said he felt something was "amiss" Wednesday morning when he arrived at the Capitol and "the perimeter had not been established." 

There were no security people on the steps. They were all out in a place which I thought gave low security," he said, adding, "They were not just derelict. You could say they were complicit. 

TriciaCT, Tiger-n-Owl, lenor and 19 people reacted
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

@jeanne-mayell

I don’t know if he had anything to do with what happened but a capital police office killed himself on Saturday 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.revolt.tv/platform/amp/news/2021/1/10/22223597/us-capitol-police-officer-suicide

deetoo, TriciaCT, lenor and 5 people reacted
(@seeker4)

@mas1581 Or he felt helpless in doing his job and cannot live with it. 

TriciaCT, Coyote, Jeanne Mayell and 7 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@jessi1978 I did some research on the officer who died and threw cards on him. Out of respect for him and his family, I am going to wait to see if anything surfaces in the news before posting. Hopefully the investigation about the riots will reveal more after Trump is gone, whether there was an inside job, and whether this man's death was in any way related or just a tragic personal tragedy. 

deetoo, Vesta, Isabelle and 13 people reacted
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

Well, the upheaval from the 2020 elections continues.

It is a mess right now in Arizona.  The AZ state senators vs. the  county supervisions.  They are talking about some potential arrests, contradictory state laws and history in the making.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/politics/arizona/2021/02/07/arizona-senate-contempt-vote-election-results-explained/4414408001/

deetoo, TriciaCT, lenor and 13 people reacted
Page 85 / 86
Share: