Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] 2020 Election and the Transition

(@unk-p)
Illustrious Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell

"The lawyer for a Delaware man charged over the Capitol attack in January is floating a unique defense: Fox News made him do it."

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/may/07/fox-news-capitol-attack-january-foxitis

"Hurley’s argument calls to mind the infamous “the devil made me do it” defense, although you might argue the devil has nothing on the prolific manipulators at Fox News. And while there is certainly an element of believability to the harmful nature of persistent rightwing propaganda effectively manipulating a person’s ability to distinguish fact from reality – I’ve written here and in my newsletter about something I only half-jokingly refer to as “Fox News brain cancer”, something like a shared psychotic disorder that slowly sucks the life out of people and ruins their ability to connect with their families – it remains to be seen whether or not there is any legal merit to such a claim. Legal experts I’ve talked to certainly don’t think so."

(emphasis mine)  After my 2nd vaccine, while in a fever, it occurred to me that the letters "FOX" can be expressed numerologically  as "666".  And that the actual name of TFG is Donald Johann Drumph, which has 6 letters each.  Just like his spiritual father, Ronald Wilson Reagan, had.  666.  So maybe the devil really did make him do it.  It's just sad to think that the Devil is not nearly as cool looking as the one in the Tarot decks.  This Devil wears orange make-up, a bad wig, high heels, girdles, diapers, and ill-fitting suits from the 80's.  Is it petty of me to point that out? 

Isabelle, 2ndfdl, TriciaCT and 13 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: @unk-p

Is it petty of me to point that out? 

No. It is perfect. And your devil reminds me of  Joseph Conrad's devil in Heart of Darkness. It's 1898, but the story of business and greed in pasty, weak, phony, men:

"I’ve seen the devil of violence, and the devil of greed, and the devil of hot desire; but, by all the stars! these were strong, lusty, red-eyed devils, that swayed and drove men—men, I tell you. But as I stood on this hillside, I foresaw that in the blinding sunshine of that land I would become acquainted with a flabby, pretending, weak-eyed devil of a rapacious and pitiless folly. How insidious he could be, too,

Seeker4, deetoo, TriciaCT and 13 people reacted
Page 86 / 86
Share: