Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] 2020 Election and the Transition

(@deborah-carey)
Noble Member Registered

I just discovered this showtime series, and it its wonderful, I highly recommend it to anyone interested in the Trump administration, and what it has done to our Country in great and coherent detail.

SUNDAYS AT 8PM ET/PT
THE CIRCUS: INSIDE THE CRAZIEST POLITICAL CAMPAIGN ON EARTH

Come one, come all to THE CIRCUS. This documentary series pulls back the curtain on the Trump era of presidential politics, revealing the stories behind the headlines.

WATCH THE MIDSEASON PREMIERE FOR FREE NOW
showtime. 5 SEASONS, 81 EPISODES

Come one, come all to THE CIRCUS. This documentary series pulls back the curtain on the Trump era of presidential politics, revealing the intense, inspiring and infuriating stories behind the headlines. Key characters and events are presented in real time, as they are happening. THE CIRCUS is a non-partisan, never-before-attempted take on one of the most fascinating and consequential political periods in modern American history.

Parizienne, lenor, Jeanne Mayell and 7 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@anetliner. Thank you anetliner, for giving us your intuitive take and welcome to our community!

Vesta, deetoo, Vesta and 1 people reacted
(@dannyboy)
Illustrious Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell Literally tearing up at my office desk right now.

Posted by: @jeanne-mayell

January 20: A beautiful and good man rides down the avenue to victory. Prince of Wands. He is not a powerful man.  He is not the philosopher king.  He is what we need.

ghandigirl, Parizienne, Vesta and 9 people reacted
 CC21
(@cc21)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@jeanne-mayell - this is beautiful. So glad you were able to ask Spirit and got these cards! I needed to read this today (after last night's ridiculousness.)

"We.will.be.okay" ❤️ 

ghandigirl, FEBbby23, Vesta and 7 people reacted
(@deetoo)

This morning I actually heard 3 undecided women still undecided after watching the "debate."  They basically said both sides were talking over one another and didn't give them the information they needed to make an informed decision.  Only one said she was leaning a little bit to Biden, but needed to hear more.  SERIOUSLY???

From now on, whenever the media speaks to undecided voters about this election, I'm turning off the tube.  It's not worth my time and energy.  Besides, I think they have decided -- they just don't want to state it publicly.   

Parizienne, 2ndfdl, FEBbby23 and 13 people reacted
 CC21
(@cc21)

@deetoo - I had the same thought. How could anyone still be "undecided"?? I posted the following on my Facebook page. It summed up how I feel - enough hand-wringing. We are 34 days out. Like you said, they have decided and just don't want to say it.

"VOTE HIM OUT!

Vote as if democracy depends on it. Because it does. Not hyperbole, quite literally - it does. He has been dismantling it from the beginning and does not care one iota for America or it's citizens. Many saw/felt this in 2016 on election night and it has been been reinforced time and time again. If that is not obvious to you after 4 years of this, nothing I can say will change your mind. You are on the wrong side of history."

ghandigirl, 2ndfdl, FEBbby23 and 15 people reacted
(@deetoo)

@cc21, your Facebook post says it all.  Loved it.  

Parizienne, Vesta, lenor and 5 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@CC1 and @deetoo, the Undecided Voter. (SNL):  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAG37Kw1-aw

FEBbby23, Vesta, CC21 and 7 people reacted
(@triciact)

@deetoo

I don't believe there is such a thing as an "undecided" voter either. I think anyone who says that to press etc. is looking for a minute of fame or just wants to pretend they are undecided. I think everyone knows the way they will vote - IF they vote!

VOTE!!! ? 

Jeanne Mayell, FEBbby23, Isabelle and 9 people reacted
 CC21
(@cc21)

@jeanne-mayell 

Ha!! Love it! 

deetoo, Jeanne Mayell, FEBbby23 and 5 people reacted
(@dolphinspirit)
Noble Member Registered

@Baba

i read your vision that T would have a temper tantrum at the debate. I thought of course he will. After suffering through the debate, that was a new level of Temper Tantrum. If I can’t win, I will take democracy down with me. The party was working on that anyway, it’s been a slow boil and my best hope is a few more will wake up to the intentions. 

I am so disappointed. But if we are going this low, let’s clean out the bottom drawer.

deetoo, lenor, Jeanne Mayell and 15 people reacted
(@pookieboy)
Reputable Member Registered

Reminds me of the South Park racist flag episode. They are interviewing undecided people on the issue. "I can see how it's racist but it's also our history". "It's important to keep our history but I do think it is racist". It finally gets to the last undecided person on tv just blankly staring at the camera and in a robotic like voice, "it is racist, it is history".

Vesta, deetoo, lenor and 7 people reacted
(@moonbeam)

Perhaps interesting for those wanting to know about reporting of the US election in the EU. The general consensus is: dumpster fire. Almost every newspaper is pro-democrat and Trump is painted as an idiot or dangerous. People do not understand why this is still a race.

Examples of articles (there are in Dutch though): 

- Reporter who went to find hope in the US and traveled to 7 cities.villages named 'Hope'. This one is from Hope, NY, where the few democrats keep their mouth shut.

https://www.ad.nl/buitenland/verslag-vanuit-de-vs-degenen-onder-ons-die-geen-republikein-zijn-houden-hun-mond-maar~a0e69315/

And this one about the debates where Trump is described as being: 'a toddler on coke.'

https://www.volkskrant.nl/columns-opinie/het-amerika-panel-over-het-presidentieel-debat-trump-debatteerde-als-een-kleuter-op-coke~b6aa48c3/

Parizienne, Vesta, deetoo and 7 people reacted
 tbs
(@tbs)
Noble Member Registered

Hi,

as I do not live in the US I kept silent the last months on this forum, mainly because from the outside things look different, and even if I have visions about the election or US, I did not post. I thought it is not my problem, but I think it will be my problem in the future. Will Biden win, yes, will Trump go, no. That should be clear after last night and the last months. 

That is what I fear for. Last night showed that the Orange Nero is not interested in the US , the people or anyone else in this world. It is only about him.His comments about the far right indicates that his goal is start a civil war when he lose

A few reason why he wants to stay president ( In my view and readings):

• He knows that if he lose he will go to jail eventually , mainly tax related charges
  • He will be bankrupt the moment he leaves the white house, a few very large sums are due beginning of next year and his Hotels etc are not doing well
  • He thinks he is the center of the universe , and if he not wins then it is because the election system is wrong or there is fraud I often think that orange Nero should win, and then be confronted with the own mess he made, but I know to many decent people in the US , and I would fear too much for them.

Your country is close to being bankrupt, all the money spend needs to be paid back, or , what I believe it is virtual printed money and will never be paid back because they just made new money . But that will come out and all ends in a real crash, and that will also hit the rest of the world.

As moonbeam I live in the Netherlands ( But I am German) and here you also read that this showed how deep the US has been sunk . 

I am always amazed that such a big state only has two parties, meaning two political opinions. In our small village we 23 parties .

The reason why Putin wants Trump is because he knows that this ends the era of USA being a Superpower. 

[content removed - see rules for explanation]

Sorry for the maybe harsh opinion, it is not the country I live in , but I still care for the US and have good friends there, and had always good visits and met friendly people. 

I really hope that all will be good ...and everyone should think Biden will win, rather that Trump will lose ( Law of attraction ;-))

gr

TBS

ghandigirl, Moonbeam, Pookieboy and 9 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@moonbeam Thanks . I can't read Dutch but for the record, any US town called "Hope" is likely going to be rural and rural towns are usually, not always, but usually, more right wing. (Not saying that calling a town "Hope" means it is rural, but that I don't know any cities that are called Hope.)

I wish I had the time  to lay out why it is still a race even when one of the candidates is such an extreme mental case. Perhaps someone else here can respond to that. It's complicated but it isn't that the majority of Americans can't make up their minds.  Biden has the vast majority vote. But in this country, the way it's set up and with all of the disinformation and a hugely popular Corporate news channel -- FOX, and right wing oligarch interference like from the Kremlin, there is definitely still a race.

fajm, Isabelle, Moonbeam and 15 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@tbs. Thank you for your perspective. I have always enjoyed reading your posts. Your thoughts about Trump are widely held in this forum by Americans. 

In this last post, I think most would agree with what you've written here, except about the country being bankrupt. That is a sentiment that fuels the Right wing's constant rallying cry to shut down social programs. There is a great deal of wealth in this country and savings are high among the population and with a true government for the people, the debt will turn around. 

The opinions in this forum are close to what the majority of voting Americans feel about the current government. Europeans are shocked and we know that.  The country is falling in the eyes of the world and we know that. The country is losing power in the world and we know that. But we are a hard working people and we are turning it around.  

ghandigirl, Grace, Parizienne and 15 people reacted
(@polarberry)

"any US town called Hope is likely going to be rural"

Jeanne, that cracked me up!! Still laughing. Also avoid any town that ends in "ville." Never ends well. ? 

Parizienne, Vesta, Timo and 5 people reacted
(@dolphinspirit)
Noble Member Registered

Hope Arkansas, where Bill was born was at least once considered disreputable. Lol

Here are some reasons people stick with the Orange one. He has a weird charisma of power, potential and rule breaking that  intoxicates some. I don’t get it but it’s there. Some really believe his story and have been reading Russian propaganda for so long they won’t read reality or facts. Often people hope to get a piece of the pie or fame. QANON also is like an octopus, some hooked on the anti vaxer  movement they think he supports, others the pro life movement, many of the rest are racist. Now this isn’t a complete list but the ones I find most frequently. Of course money, many rich support him, but not all. Without Facebook he would have lost, Comey was also a big part of his win. We also have an electoral college which when we get presidents that way, it just doesn’t ever work out. He also represents a toxic masculinity that is dying in an ugly way. I have found quite a few women feel sorry for him, they feel his distance from his own mother and want to fix him. My husband believes we must have a toxin in the water causing mass insanity. 
Until we get rank choice voting I don’t think third parties will be more than spoilers, except at local levels.

i have been embarrassed by my country quite a bit in my life. I see at least one potential of cleaning out some old karma and patterns could be healthy and a way to right the ship. For those of us who actually get a Pluto return, it’s intense business and with luck and work will emerge stronger and wiser. We still have crazy weapons so we are a super power that way. We have a lot to clean up and there is no turning back. My deepest hope is in our mess we emerge and become an example of change.

Forgot misogyny, we have been slow to grow. Notice the type of women that surround T. We have a long way to go.

Parizienne, Isabelle, TriciaCT and 11 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@dolphinspirit Thank you for this excellent report on our country.  I agree, don't like it, but agree. Bill Clinton is from Hope?  Population 10,000 today, political views are "leaning conservative." 

US cities named hope: Guessing these are some mighty small populations. 

Hope, RI - leaning conservative population 3,000
Hope, KY population 152
Hope, IN  population 2,002
Hope, ME 
Hope, M
Hope, KS 
Hope, ID 
Hope, NM
Hope, AK population 10,000 leaning conservative
Hope, NY -- where the few democrats keep their mouth shut.

Not going to finish getting the populations and political leanings of each of these towns, but I bet anyone a dollar that they are are rural and lean conservative. 

Enkasongwriter, TriciaCT, Moonbeam and 5 people reacted
(@moonbeam)

@jeanne-mayell, oh I get it!;-) The majority of Eu citizens however are used to a democracy where votes are counted and never studied the US beyond to what they see in movies. The entire electoral collage and focus on just a few states comes across as crazy and mind-blowing/out of this world. Especially with that 'person' in the WH.

The article about Hope paints the exact picture that you've stated. Rural, one diner that has been run by the same generation for decades (and is the center of town) and plots of land that are also in the hands of families dating back a century. I believe they said there was one BLM sign of somebody who didn't care what others thought and the few democrats kept their head down.

Wasn't a clear answer as to why they still voted for Trump though. What I got out of it was: the economy, which sounds really, really weird.

lenor, tbs, lenor and 1 people reacted
Page 8 / 86
Share: