Notifications
Clear all

Myers Briggs: What is your personality Type?

(@danielle)
Reputable Member Registered

@cindy I am INFP….which tracks as I am a professional classical musician…also haunter museums, birder and lover of Mother Earth, and reader of literature….and another one who comes here to feel part of the great Spirit of Love.

Jewels, deetoo, Jeanne Mayell and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)
Illustrious Member Registered

Posted by: @jeanne-mayell

Does anyone know of a totally free, non registration Myers Briggs test, where you can get your results without sharing your answers online?

Just did the test at 16personalities.com .  It was free and easy.

My results were ENFP.  I actually took the paper version of this test as a freshman in college, and it seemed to be a much longer version than this one. Back then, my results were INFP.  I took it again, several years after that, and my Introvert/Extrovert scores were evenly divided, 50/50.  This time, my E score was in the 70s, and the other three categories were in the 90s. It shows that people can change over time, even if its just to become a more exaggerated version of who they already were 😀 

Jewels, deetoo, Jeanne Mayell and 6 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@2ndfdl)
Prominent Member Registered

The last few times I took variations of the test, I came out as ENTJ but with the E percentage dropping every time. Guess the older I get, the less I like (?) other people. This is the rarest type for women.

I consistently come out as 90% - 95% J. I REALLY don’t like uncertainty. It is a wonder anyone even speaks to me, let alone that I have friends. Haha. 

Jewels, deetoo, Lauren and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@obiwan)
Eminent Member Registered

Interesting that so many here are INFJ's. Using the free basic 16personalities.com interface, I just tested as an INFJ-Advocate, which is pretty much the same as what I tested 4 years ago. What's changed is that I've become more assertive and less turbulent. How's that for happy news! 😎 

Another interesting resource is the website introvertdear.com. It's been so helpful for me to understand that we're not strange or weird or social misfits. Great suggestions for surviving in a noisy and nosey world as well. 

Jewels, deetoo, Lauren and 6 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@2ndfdl I agree that the older we get, the less extraverted.  I came out as ENFP, but was so close to I, then it's unclear to me.   I don't like to go to parties any more. Enjoy one-on-one socializing. I enjoyed staying home during the pandemic.

Jewels, deetoo, Lauren and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@unk-p Thanks for the tip.  I did it.  It was free and I didn't have to identify myself to get the results. Of course, here I am on this public forum, with my real name, announcing my results to the world.

Jewels, deetoo, Lauren and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

I haven't done the test yet, but the extroverted introvert resonates. I'm happiest in my home.

deetoo, Lauren, Tara Prete and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 anya
(@anya)
Reputable Member Registered

@ghandigirl I took a version of this long ago and it was much longer.  I prefer the longer version, but I have always disliked these kinds of surveys, because they don't really take into account your current situation and environment.  My first test came up as diplomat, but to be honest, if my energy is up, I am more of an architect.  But I have always been on the border of these categorizations.  If I am in good shape, and have energy, I am more extroverted.

ghandigirl, deetoo, Lauren and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ana)

INFJ- T

As far as introversion increasing as one gets older, I think my introversion is the same as far as needing alone time, etc. 

But I think I may *present* as more extroverted than I once was.  I express myself more because as I get older I just f-ing don't care as much what other people think.  

ReplyQuote
(@lowtide)

@ana I agree. Over the years, I've taken the Myers Briggs several times, at company retreats, etc. and have come a bit closer to the middle on each aspect of the test each time. I think it reflects change in us over time.

ReplyQuote
(@tgraf66)

I took the full test many years ago, and if I remember correctly, I was rated as ISTP or INTP. I've had both of those on the shorter versions of the test the last few times I've taken it, so I'm not sure which was the original one. ;-)

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: