The Impeachment of ...

Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] The Impeachment of Donald Trump

(@vestralux)
Illustrious Member Registered

@deetoo and @laura-f

Actually, I think I remember us all talking about it with some others in the thread. I want to say it was June or July? Not sure exactly. 

I'm also more concerned about Haley personally, but she was my state's governor. During those years, I kept finding myself inexplicably knocked off the rolls in my voting district (I certainly wasn't alone). 

Jeanne Mayell, Unk p, lenor and 5 people reacted
(@deetoo)
Illustrious Member Moderator

The slave trade of souls is a terrible business, but I hear the pay is phenomenal while it lasts. 

@vestralux,

Yikes! That gave me chills.

re Haley --  you're right, there were others as well.  It did feel like summer.  We'll see how this plays out.

Jeanne Mayell, lenor, VestraLux and 3 people reacted
(@allyn)

I feel very depressed right now.

According to various news reports, the Republicans now have the votes needed to block witnesses and end the trial.  It seems as though no matter what Trump does, he always gets away with it.  It is like watching a Hollywood sequel.  Same old formula.  Same old ending.

Dear God, when will this ever end?  Is a good economy worth the price of decency?  Is having conservative judges worth ignoring morals?  Is hatred, greed, particianship, and evil destined to win out over kindness, compassion, cooperation, and goodness?  Is bullying truly the new normal?  Is cruelty the new normal?  

Will there be no penalty for these Republicans who willfully and gleefully subvert the majority through gerrymandering and voter suppression just to satisfy a power-hungry base?  Will Trump live out his life as our king without ever paying the price for his crimes?  Should this be the new thing that our children must learn?  Continue to bully, lie, and cheat, because no one will punish you for it?

I fear no matter what we do, it will be for naught.  I try to stay positive, and pray that God will intervene.  But I am finding it increasingly difficult.  I pray that one Republican, even if it is just one, votes against Trump in this.  At the very least, it will show me that the light hasn't died completely.  But I guess it is too much to ask for at this point. 

Jeanne Mayell, Unk p, deetoo and 9 people reacted
 Baba
(@baba)

@Allyn I feel your pain (probably literally since I’m an empath)! I, too, am discouraged by what the news is offering up this morning. However, as I was watching the news, I kept hearing the song “I Need a Hero” in the back of my mind. Maybe someone will step up and help or maybe it has to be us light workers that can’t give up and need to keep sending light for the truth to be revealed to the masses. Does anyone want to try to do a group meditation (similar to the last eclipse one in nature) and does anyone have a suggestion for a favorable time? 
I take solace in knowing that the worse that the R’s do now, the bigger the shock they will receive at the ballot box and that they will have ultimately hurt themselves with their short-sighted and selfish actions. 

There will be a reckoning politically and the pendulum will swing back in the other direction as far as what people are willing to put up with. It is just a matter of time. 

I’m off to meditate again and send light to those who would protect the people and democracy. 

Jeanne Mayell, Unk p, Lovendures and 13 people reacted
 lynn
(@lynn)

It is depressing. Every time I think oh, this is it, this new thing is going to bring him down, he just gets away with it, within a few days. Now his attys/Dershowitz are arguing that if he sincerely believes what he is doing is right and will be in the national interest, it's all ok.

I'm getting a feeling of dread about what he will do once he gets away with all this. Interview on Super Bowl Sunday, gloating at the state of the union, and illegality on steroids, There can't possibly be a free election this fall. Sorry to be so grim, but I literally can't believe what I see happening, and that no one on the gop side will help stop it.

Jeanne Mayell, Unk p, lenor and 7 people reacted
(@journeywithme2)

I am praying for a miracle...as I can not believe what my ears are hearing and my eyes are seeing. What rock did Alan Dershowitz crawl out from under with that crazy reasoning? I can not watch anymore. I also find it ironic that the "big beautiful wall" blew over in to Mexico .... and cling to that as a sign that the powers that be are signaling us to hold on and hold out... the winds of change are blowing. I hold fast to my intuition that while it's the darkest its ever been... "Joy cometh in the morning" For my own mental health I have to step back and be out in Nature today and forget the world of man.

Jeanne Mayell, Unk p, lenor and 17 people reacted
(@tiger-n-owl)
Honorable Member Registered

@allyn

Allyn and all light working friends, 

I feel the same that it is just overwhelming and sad the amount that this administration gets away with. My biggest confusion is how much they can lie and gaslight. One of my relatives that likes Trump always tells her kids how much she hates people that lie. But why does she still think this guy is awesome with thousands and thousands of lies reported and documented? I worry about the younger generation thinking this is the only way to get ahead. I guess it’s the ‘greed is good’ tagline from the 1980s. 

Hopefully this turns around and all the bad they have done just keeps coming out into the light. Then in November a landslide of Democrat votes push them all out. We can only hope...

Jeanne Mayell, Unk p, lenor and 11 people reacted
(@nelysthealchemist)
Prominent Member Registered

@allyn

I don't really have anything to add (sorry!), but I identify with your post so much. Such a feeling of powerlessness; like watching a train wreck in slow motion. I also feel like I can't trust my intuition since I keep getting my hopes up and seeing a future where we're rid of this nightmare, but then having my hopes dashed every time. Sorry I don't have anything helpful to say, just know that so many of us are feeling the same.

Jeanne Mayell, Unk p, lenor and 13 people reacted
(@triciact)

@baba

I don't know a favorable time since the next full moon isn't until February 9 and I'm not really an astrologer, however I can meditate today/tonight. I'm in CT so I am in Eastern time. The only time today I can't mediate would be 1:30-2:30pmET. If you would like to do a meditation together I'm available, even though I am working until 5:15pm, I can take a 15 min break too to do so ? 

Jeanne Mayell, lenor, Baba and 5 people reacted
(@deetoo)

@allyn, @lynnventura, @journeywithme2, @tiger-n-owl and everyone who feels overwhelmed right now, 

I felt the same way last night.  I watched a little of the analysis on MSNBC.  What struck me was the overwhelming sadness I felt from those who were on the panel -- journalists, intelligence people, lawyers, ex-legislators turned media contributors, both Ds and Rs. Usually their professional detachment is in charge.  I didn't feel that yesterday, even though they were going through the motions of being professional.  The anger, sadness, despondency -- it was palpable.   I picked up on that, and as @baba stated about being an empath ... well, I was right there with them.  

Dersh et al's shameless argument goes like this:  If whatever a President chooses to do is in the public interest, it can’t be corrupt.  So if a President believes that getting reelected is in the public interest, and he encourages and accepts foreign help to make that happen, it can’t be corrupt.  Which also means it’s not impeachable.  A President can do anything – absolutely anything – if he states that it’s in the public interest. I immediately thought of the immigrants and became nauseous.  It's monstrous.

I thought that we are a representative democracy.  We have checks and balances, right?  Or I believed we had.  The attorneys basically crapped on the Constitution in order to defend this abominable figure.   It's all a lawyers' game for them ... they want to win, at all costs. 

And then you have Justice Roberts, who sat there like a potted plant.  I understand that Roberts' function in these proceedings is very different from his role as Chief Justice, and he was following that protocol.  But do the rules even matter any more, in this age of T?  Rules and laws have been trashed, over and over again.  It's a new ballgame.  I believe Roberts has an obligation to ensure the rules of the impeachment trial are fair, rather than leaving it entirely to the Senate.  Former Obama solicitor general Neal Katyal argues that impeachment rules, like all trial systems, put a large thumb on the scale of issuing subpoenas and place that power within the authority of the judge, in this case the chief justice.  Yes, we know that the Senate could, and most likely would, overrule him.  That's not the point, is it?  Breaking that deadening silence to the truth is the point. 

So I had trouble getting to sleep.  I didn't have overwhelming anxiety, but I was in mourning.  That awful, empty feeling.  You can't believe that person is gone.  That feeling.  

And then a very strange thing happened.  @coyote, you popped into my head.   I felt your calm, grounded, measured, loving presence.  Your compassion.  How honest and brave you are.  How you always look at the big picture.   And your amazing wisdom, far beyond your years.

I am turning 68 this year, and I don't know whether I will live long enough to see this country's full transformation and renewal.  That's a big part of my sadness.  I want to be here for that, but who knows?  What I do know, @Coyote, is that this country will be in safe, strong, wise and loving hands with you, and so many young spiritual warriors like you, leading the way.  And when I reached that understanding, and felt it in the core of my being, I immediately fell asleep.

Coyote, CC21, herondreams and 21 people reacted
(@mas1581)

Dont fret, everyone. This will end and when it does, corrections will be made to prevent this from happening again. It's always darkest just before dawn. 

We always knew he would get away with this as far as impeachment is concerned and nothing had changed. This is all just building the fire needed to burn the GOP down. Before it was just Trump and his cronies that were seen as evil. Now the entire GOP is seen by many Republican voters as a complete fraud. 

If he gets removed, we will see him raise hell to stay in office. If he loses the election, we will see him raise hell. The chaotic end to his Presidency will come no matter what. With where we are now, our best resolution is to just avoid a violent uprising of his supporters. If they feel they were vindicated, it won't happen in any major way. If they feel they were wronged, it will. There is a lot more damning evidence that will drop. Bolton is now a full fledged enemy since, even if greed was his driving force, Trump has gotten in his way. Parnas is an enemy who is heavily armed with dirt........and if you guys haven't noticed, Giuliani completely shut the hell up the last couple weeks, which means something is up there too. It's coming. Just be patient. 

CC21, Jeanne Mayell, lynn and 27 people reacted
(@deetoo)

@baba, I like your idea of a group meditation.

@triciact, I can do it today, ET.  Pretty open with the time.

Jeanne Mayell, Baba, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
 Baba
(@baba)

Posted by: @triciact

@baba

I don't know a favorable time since the next full moon isn't until February 9 and I'm not really an astrologer, however I can meditate today/tonight. I'm in CT so I am in Eastern time. The only time today I can't mediate would be 1:30-2:30pmET. If you would like to do a meditation together I'm available, even though I am working until 5:15pm, I can take a 15 min break too to do so ? 

I could do a 10-15 minute meditation at about 3:30 your time. That is 9:30pm my time. Even if we don’t meditate at exactly the same time, I’m sure throwing some extra light at the situation can’t hurt. If something is going to happen to change the direction of the current situation, it will have to be before tomorrow night when they are already threatening to have a vote for acquittal if they can avoid having witnesses. Anyone who wants to join in is welcome. The more light, the better! I’ll set an intention to protect those who would protect democracy and to give them the energy and will to push for a fair and just outcome. I also always send light and protection to those who are being hurt by the awful people in charge at the moment.

Jeanne Mayell, lenor, Lovendures and 7 people reacted
(@journeywithme2)

I will join you gladly. "see you" at 3:30 pm EST and add my Intent to hold in the Light around all concerned.... on all sides.

Jeanne Mayell, lenor, Baba and 5 people reacted
(@deetoo)

@baba, @triciact, @journeywithme2,

3:30 EST works for me.

Jeanne Mayell, Baba, JourneyWithMe2 and 3 people reacted
(@triciact)

@baba

@deetoo

@journeywithme2

I'm in! 3:30pm works great...funny you picked this time. I was just reading something from @coyote about numbers and 3's and you picked 3:30!  loving it! (my hubby even agreed to join us!)

Jeanne Mayell, JourneyWithMe2, Baba and 5 people reacted
(@journeywithme2)

Yaaayyy! It never hurts to have the Energies of Ascended Masters - good to know we are supported in our endeavor.

deetoo, Baba, deetoo and 1 people reacted
(@triciact)

at 11:30am today it was reported that Nancy Pelosi is urging Justice Roberts to be the tie breaker if there's a 50/50 vote!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/impeachment-trial-live-updates/2020/01/30/3aa505ba-434f-11ea-b5fc-eefa848cde99_story.html

deetoo, Baba, deetoo and 1 people reacted
(@codyroo)
Noble Member Registered

Posted by: @triciact

at 11:30am today it was reported that Nancy Pelosi is urging Justice Roberts to be the tie breaker if there's a 50/50 vote!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/impeachment-trial-live-updates/2020/01/30/3aa505ba-434f-11ea-b5fc-eefa848cde99_story.html

While catching up on this thread, I....literally....thought, if there was a 50/50 vote, would Justice Roberts cast the deciding vote (rather than Pence).  And if the Republicans voted to ignore his rule (that he casts the deciding vote), then it would be a 50/50 split and Justice Roberts might be able to cast the deciding vote on it.....

OR

It would have to go to the Supreme Court and they would decide.....and Justice Roberts would be the deciding vote on a even split between the light and dark sides of the Supreme Court. 

How ironic would that be?

and what if Justice Roberts WANTS Bolton's book as evidence?  Then the Trial would have to be "delayed" while they sort out the "top secret" portions of the book and then resume in March with the book as evidence and Bolton's testimony.

OR.......the GOP can just shut down this sham trial now......

lenor, Baba, Lovendures and 7 people reacted
(@lovendures)
Topic starter  

Hi Everyone!

I just now got on our site today and started reading what everyone had written in this thread.  Boy could I pick up on everyone's fear and frustration.  One after another.  I began thinking, OMG, look what's going on with our light workers today?  Everyone appeared to be in a very dark place.

Suddenly, the beautiful radiant light poked through the heavy dark abyss..

@Baba talked about meditation and sending light and gave us the visual of a crushing defeat at the ballot box. @triciact followed up with a meditation idea.   @deetoo and her beautiful image of @coyote, @mas1581 with her inspiring words not to fret and why, @journeywithme2 talking a step back and being with nature, @tiger-n-owl bringing that hope of a November election.  

All of a sudden, a group meditation is taking place to bring light into the world.  Into our own world and spirit too. 

Our light workers are back. 

Guys, turn off the TV, ground yourselves, get out in nature, meditate and bring light, visualize a beautiful and healthy earth, heart filled  and wise people in charge of making important decisions.  

Oh wait, it looks like you are about to do that already.  

May I then add something else?  Humor.  (Roberts as a potted plant?  Classic!)

I love you all.  I will do my best to join our meditation.  The whole world is fearful right now,  Lets bring some light and love to all those suffering  and everywhere there is darkness.  

Light is love and hope and joy.  

CC21, kksali, RosieHeart and 19 people reacted
Page 14 / 28
Share: