The Great Unravelin...

Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] The Great Unraveling and the Great Turning - Rebuilding a Progressive America in the Future

(@enkasongwriter)
Famed Member Participant

@lowtide From what you feel, I think that the US may need a second wave for people to wake up.

PamP, TriciaCT, CC21 and 3 people reacted
(@yogagirl)
Famed Member Registered

@MMA and @Allyn thank you for your analysis.  I was glad to see the rule of law upheld but the courts move slowly.  I believe NYS have been waiting for this day and may already have a grand jury ready to empanel but it won’t be before the election.  It’s only three months away.  I do believe the orange one and his gang of maurading morons will be indicted and a few will go to jail, but not for a couple of years.  It’s important that we as light workers don’t letup for a moment with our quest for peace and justice.  It is more important than ever for a blue wave.  The REPS are already saying we need more conservative judges.

Right now, and hopefully for the next three months, the GOO has so many critical items on his plate that he can’t screw up.  We all know he will since he is becoming more unhinged everyday.  The Dems need to keep hitting him hard with policy’s.  He has no policies except to make as much money as he can before he gets kicked out.  If he debates Biden, which I have doubts he will, it will only be once and only on one of HIS networks.  I can see a debate like the first one in 2016.  First one candidate (in GOO’s case soft ball questions that he will ramble on) then hard hitting questions for Biden.  If I remember right that debate almost ruined a Matt what’s his face career.

old MoscowMitch is back in Ky campaigning in the rural areas, but things are so bad here that he might just need a miracle to pull it off.  I keep remembering a headline I read on the internet today.  Mitch is only powerful as long as he has a gavel.  Take away the majority leader title and he is just another old wrinkled blow hard.  That’s a nice thought.

PamP, lenor, BlueBelle and 17 people reacted
(@isabelle)
Famed Member Registered

@tgraf66

Do you mean to say that if Rump is (God forbid!) re-elected and his taxes reveal that he is a Russian operative, is heavily involved in organized crime and has not paid taxes in decades that he is protected by immunity for 4 more years? Surely that cannot be so...

PamP, lenor, TriciaCT and 3 people reacted
(@isabelle)
Famed Member Registered

Surely the 25th Amendment would then immediately apply since Rump would be shown to be manifestly "Unfit for Office" in all sorts of ways... never mind a clear and present danger to our country being on Putin's payroll and all...

PamP, Lilinoe, lenor and 7 people reacted
(@triciact)
Illustrious Member Registered

No more Goya for me and my home!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/10/business/goya-foods-boycott-trump/index.html

PamP, Lilinoe, lenor and 17 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@triciact thank you for posting this. I know a few highly conscious vegans who would want to see this. Vote with your purchases.  

TriciaCT, PamP, lenor and 13 people reacted
(@isabelle)
Famed Member Registered

@allyn

Thank you. Another crisp, concise analysis. Love your posts!

TriciaCT, PamP, Share and 3 people reacted
(@allyn)

@isabelle

Absolutely not.

Don't worry.  The Supreme Court said that Trump is NOT immune from criminal investigations while he is in office. 

That is why he is so upset.

Had the Supreme Court ruled in his favor, the New York DA would have had to have waited until after Trump left office before he could even investigate him.  So if (God forbid) Trump won re-election, then the DA would have had to have waited until after 2024 (or later if Trump somehow won the argument to get another term even though he is currently limited to two) to even investigate him.

Now, Trump will delay this as much as possible.  He will argue new things and try to send the case back to the Supreme Court.  But I think that Roberts is sick and tired of Trump at this point.  If Trump tries again, I suspect the Supreme Court may decline to hear the case at all, which would hurt Trump.

So the New York DA can get his hands on Trump's taxes.  This will eventually lead to more evidence coming forward and more Trump supporters being indicted and possibly convicted.

So if Trump does his usual stupid "I am above the law" thing and pardons Roger Stone next week (which he will, because that is Trump and he has to buy his friend's silence by keeping him out of jail), remember that (1) if any evidence from Trump's taxes points to Roger Stone, then he can be tried on those matters, and since it is a state charge and not a federal charge, Roger Stone cannot be pardoned, and (2) Trump pardoning Stone next week can be construed as a "continuing" charge (conspiracy), which can ultimately be overturned, in that the US Constitution does not allow a President to grant a pardon on "continuing" crimes, only past crimes that are completed.

So when we learn that Trump pardons his criminal friend next week, don't think that Trump has the last word on the matter.  Trump and his criminal friends will ultimately pay the price for all the harm they done.  If not in this life, it will be the next, which will be even harder for them.

BlueBelle, TriciaCT, PamP and 15 people reacted
(@dannyboy)

Posted by: @codyroo

Is it because if Trump is gone, then we won't have the Blue Wave necessary to remove the GOP from the Senate? Will people be "too complacent" because the imminent threat is gone? Is it that we haven't "suffered enough outrage" as a collective that we need to suffer some more, because some people are on the fence about making this a better world....and we need these people to succeed?

My gut has been saying that if he backs out, a Pence vs Biden (or a Haley vs Biden) run is much, much closer.   Not insurmountable in either regard, but I think a lot of Republicans who hate Trump will jump to Pence, and more of them who hate trump would jump to Haley.  Without a decisive referendum in November, I'm not certain we can get the collective energy where we need it to be.  

With what the Lincoln Project is doing, I think they'd continue the attacks on Pence for being complicit in the decision making process.  I'm not certain they'd continue supporting Biden if they scrapped the administration entirely.

I go back to the Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt when I'm where you're at -- "I can do just about anything for 10 seconds."  Only 10 seconds and less than 4 months to go.  Hang in there!  The light is coming!

TriciaCT, PamP, lenor and 9 people reacted
(@isabelle)
Famed Member Registered

@allyn

Thank you so much for your response.  Forgive me for being so legally ignorant but since Rump's taxes will likely provide a host of major criminal activities (not the least being the possibility of payoffs/financing by Putin & Co.), is this not extremely relevant to the upcoming election?  Doesn't the public have a need and a right to know?  So why has the Supreme Court decided not to reveal this information to Congress or to the public for now ...when it has such a profound bearing upon the upcoming election, on voting behavior and on potentially vital national security issues?

I understand that the Prosecutor will be entitled to see this information for now and that Rump does not have immunity even if he were re-elected...but this will have no impact on actual voting behavior prior to the election. It seems as if the Public and Congress are unnecessarily being kept in the dark about matters they desperately need to know about given the office Rump holds and the potentially vital national security issues involved...if it can be proven by his finally released taxes that Rump is financially dependent upon/indebted to Russia or China or Saudi Arabia or Turkey, surely the public needs to know this BEFORE they step in the voting booth. What am I missing here?  Is there some legal procedure that has constrained the Supreme Court from allowing the  Public & Congress from gaining immediate access to this vital information?

PamP, lenor, PamP and 1 people reacted
(@allyn)

Everyone, I ask that you all please send light to the Never Trumpers, Republicans Against Trump, the Lincoln Project, and various others who are crossing party lines to try to convince Republican voters in red states that a second Trump term is a bad idea.

I admit it, I am usually not a fan of political fear tactics where one party spouts out about how doomed we all are if someone is elected.  But in this instance, I think it is needed.

In all honesty, Biden and the Democrats are simply too positive when it comes to speaking to Republican voters.  They talk about hope and the good things they are going to do when they get into office.

This is a good thing, except that the average Republican voter is more inclined to vote out of fear than on the basis of hope.

Trust me.  I live in a VERY red state (Tennessee).  It is no coincidence that Republican voters tend to come from the least educated, most rural, and overall poorest states in the nation.  They grow up knowing that they will never have the resources that urban, blue states citizens have.  They are not exposed to as much education to help broaden their minds (or at least taught to be respectful to those with other viewpoints).  They feel that (rightly or wrongly) the rest of the country looks down on them and thinks them backwards and uncivilized.  So they have adopted a distain for anything different.  And for these voters who have been pre-conditioned to expect less and fight for what they have, hope tactics simply don't work.

Fear tactics do.

That is why I applaud the actions of the Never Trumpers who are trying to reach voters right now in conservative states.  While their commercials aren't my cup of tea, they have not misstated anything that Trump has said (they just play back what he said, so everyone can hear him say it and know that no one is misstating anything).  But more importantly, they are making a subtle impact with Republican voters. 

It is my hope that if enough Republican voters are reached and properly frightened at another thought of four more years of Trump, then they will either vote for Biden or stay home.

I also ask that everyone on this site who lives in a state that is currently experiencing a spike in Covid 19 cases to please take care of yourselves and not lose hope.

Today, the Tennessee Supreme Court is requiring all court personnel (attorneys, officers, judges, etc.) to wear masks.  Yes, you would think it would be obvious, but remember that I live in a red state where common sense is sometimes lacking in the face of making a defiant political statement against the GOVERNMENT (which, makes no sense to me, seeing as how Trump is the GOVERNMENT).

But the numbers are spiking.  And we are seeing hospitals start to fill to capacity.

If this pattern follows the same sequence of events that they did in New York, I suspect that many states will see a sudden spike in deaths (in the thousands) in about three to four weeks from now.  Many places will shut down (again), and Trump's dream of a rebounded economy by November will be for naught.

But it is probably going to be much, much worse than that.

Remember, this is the South.  We have, on average, the worst health care systems and the worse overall health in terms of obesity and other issues.  Some of it is because we have Republican governors who don't expand Medicare or improve our medical systems.  But some of it is based on climate/environment/cultural issues.

For example, the climate in my area is not conducive to exercising regularly.  Currently, we are going through several weeks of high temperatures (nineties).  This is enough to make us sweat and cool down.  However, the extremely high humidity causes the sweat to evaporate, and so we sweat more to stay cool until we eventually become dehydrated to the point we risk heat exhaustion, heat stroke, or even death.  This is quite common in our area, so while we see people in Oregon jog during the daytime, this is something that is not feasible for us unless we do it early in the morning or during the evening.  Thus, many more people in the South tend to get less exercise while still eating large meals (as part of our culture where our way of celebrating anything means to have a huge meal), thus we tend to be more obese and thus more prone to health problems.

Basically, these factors might ultimately hurt the red states and ultimately Trump.

Because they have not worn masks, refused to social distance, and basically re-opened too early, many southern states may find themselves in situations where we will see thousands die by the end of August.  Red state governors, in their panic, will try to shut down things again, but it is too late ate this point.

Further, it is obvious to me that many areas still do not have adequate testing and/or PPE.  This will result in more deaths.

However, because the population is so spread out, this wave will take longer to disapate.  So while it took New York roughly five to six weeks to get a handle on things, these waves of mass deaths will continue on for several months, with different areas of the country hitting their spikes at different times.

If this scenario does happen (I don't hope it does, but the signs are all around me, and I am scared), then Trump has lost the election for good.

After all, this time it will be thousands of his own voters who will now die.  Thousands of people who didn't wear a mask in a show of solidarity to him.  It is hard to imagine that they will all forgive him for this if they see first hand the cruelty of Covid 19 instead of watching it on TV.

So I am mentally preparing myself for the onslaught of bad news as we see more and more cases and eventual deaths from this disease.  I am doing what I can to take precautions and am praying with all my heart that schools do not start back in August unless there is a vaccine by then.  My sister is a teacher and high risk, and I worry for her safety.  Further, although this virus does not seem to affect the young as badly, we need to remember that (1) during the time this pandemic has occurred, young children have mostly stayed home, even when adults and young adults have went out, so we don't really have the numbers to see if they may be affected later, and (2) as I said previously, many Southern red states has a higher than average number of people (and children) who have obesity and/or pre-existing conditions that may put them at greater risks.  I have nightmares of children in ICUs following a return to school while this pandemic rages on, and hundreds of pictures of children on white coffins that are laid out as far as the horizon.

Now, I am not psychic.  I don't have the ability to see the future, so my dreams are likely nothing more than a manifestation of my fears.  But many of you do have the gift, so I am hopeful you will post and say something encouraging for my area while I am waiting for the proverbial ax to fall?  Also, to my fellow members who live in a red state like me, I wanted to see if (1) you are seeing the same things I am and (2) I wanted to reach out and tell you that you are not alone in your anxiety.

So...I guess my message is to watch the red states for the next few weeks, as they may very well determine the future of this election and the country.  If a mass die off does occcur, then a prediction I saw once predicting that Trump's approval rating drops to 25% may very well come to pass (I can't remember who saw it.  Sorry!)  But if we can try to send as much light as we can and try to shield as many of the innocent as we can (and everyone else, because we are light workers and we don't discriminate), then I would greatly appreciate it. 

TriciaCT, PamP, Jeanne Mayell and 21 people reacted
(@allyn)

@isabelle

I agree with you that Trump's taxes are relevant and voters need to know.  Unfortunately, there is no law that demands that Presidential candidates are required to release their taxes prior to election (which makes no sense, given that he is basically the Tax Collector in Chief).  So this is an issue for the Democrats if they regain power in November to prevent future Trumpers from taking advantage.

There are laws that protect Trump's taxes from being released right now.  BUT.....only if that person is caught.

If there is someone who hates Trump and happens to have his tax records, that person can release them secretly to the media (who are not under any obligation to guard Trump's taxes if they miraculously appear on their doorstep), then Trump is in deep, deep trouble.  He will try to hunt that person down, but the damage would be done.

If, for example, I had a copy of Trump's taxes, I would release them to the media in October.  If there is ever a time when Trump's taxes would be released prior to the election, it would be done.  That way, the tax news would damage Trump and not allow his supporters much time to spin false narratives to distract from Trump's wrongdoing.

But if I were a Republican who is not ignoring the polls and see a mass wipe out so long as Trump is on the ballot, I might release the tax records in early August, so that the Republican party may force Trump to resign and still have enough time to pick a new candidate before the RNC convention.  This scenario is very, very unlikely, because it would require a Republican to chose country over politics, and there is always the risk that Trump would not resign even when abandoned by the party.

Regardless, Trump knows that the more parties who get Trump's taxes, the more likely they will be leaked to the media.  This is the thing that keeps him up at night. 

So while we may not see them "legally" released before the 2020 election, I guarantee that if anyone who hates Trump and wants to ensure his defeat will see that they are released "illegally."  Trump is hoping that people will be too ethical to release his taxes and risk jail time.

But if things continue to deteriorate in this country, I suspect that a person may very well decide that a jail sentence is worth any risk if it means that four more years of Trump won't occur.

TriciaCT, PamP, lenor and 13 people reacted
(@polarberry)

For the last couple days, when I think of T, an image of the Jenga game immediately pops up. I see pieces coming out, one by one, until the whole thing crashes. I don't whether I'm thinking it or seeing it, but thought I would share.

TriciaCT, PamP, lenor and 17 people reacted
(@journeywithme2)

@allyn

Preach Sister Preach! I give you an AMEN!! I am in your redder than red neighbor Georgia. I am in a semi-rural area about an 1.5 NW of Atlanta. The number of people screaming and showing out about being asked to wear a mask and spout about their "constitutional rights" and getting the children back in school, and its a hoax and all of the usual Trump rhetoric is stomach turning and churning. Our glorious Governor Kemp toured encouraging people to wear a mask ..by dangling the carrot of SEC football (roll my eyes emoji insert here) and the ignorance abounding is stomach churning. All we can do is exercise as much caution as possible and hunker down as much as possible and pray and meditate and share Light as much as possible. I see so many at the lakes, at the beaches and coming back, going out and about and no precautions....via social media posts and pictures.... our rates climb daily.... we have not ever gone down.. this is still the first wave ongoing! and School is scheduled to start August the 13th in our county..unless something changes.

TriciaCT, PamP, Lilinoe and 17 people reacted
(@isabelle)
Famed Member Registered

@allyn

"From your mouth to God's ears", as they say. We desperately need someone to take that risk for the good of our country.  This person would be nothing less than a national hero.  Let's hope and pray that someone has the strength and conviction to step forward.

TriciaCT, PamP, lenor and 11 people reacted
(@tgraf66)

@isabelle The decision only said that he is not immune to complying with legitimate subpoenas and investigations.  It said nothing that I saw about the generally accepted idea that a sitting president cannot be indicted (for stability and national security reasons), even though I don't think that I've ever seen any actual test of that principle.  If (when) he commits further crimes in office, the only recourse we would apparently have is another shot at impeachment, or as suggested above, the 25th Amendment.  However, since the 25th requires the cooperation of the VP and other cabinet members to be invoked, I wouldn't hold my breath on that one happening.

TriciaCT, PamP, lenor and 9 people reacted
 MMA
(@meliaamal)
Prominent Member Registered

@isabelle

Just to jump in here re your question about the Supreme Court blocking the documents from publication, I think there was some public misunderstanding of what was at stake with these cases: none of these cases was asking to make the records publicly available immediately- that just wasn't on the table. In the NYS case, Vance (the Manhattan DA) had asked a third-party for Trump's tax docs and Trump tried to prevent that by saying that he was immune to even being investigated while he was president. The Supreme Court forcefully said: You are not above the law, and the investigation can continue in NY. So the investigation is continuing. Now Vance has to get the docs from the third-party and show them to a grand jury (secret). So, in every case, those docs were going to stay hidden from the public while the investigation and grand jury proceedings went on. The ONLY way we may have seen these docs earlier is if the supreme court had made its decision earlier and the NY court could have gone through its proceedings fast enough to get the docs out before November. No way to know if that was going to happen.

Similarly, with the Congress case, Congress wasn't asking to make the docs public. Congress was asking for its right to get the documents from a third-party so it could continue with its investigation. The docs would have been reviewed in private until Congress had completed its investigation. Possibly they could have completed their investigation before November (possibly they still can), no way to know. So the only thing that the supreme court did here to prevent the publication of these documents is wait so long to make their decision, and even then, we don't know if the investigations would have wrapped up early enough.

In any case, I agree with Allyn that the docs could get leaked at any time before the election. And reiterate that we will eventually see them, sooner or later, the time is coming. 

TriciaCT, PamP, lenor and 19 people reacted
(@share)
Famed Member Registered

@allyn thank you again for your brilliant analysis.  I have seen T behind bars in meditation and in his card draw so I’m hoping that will become reality sooner than later.

last night I had a dream that we were stuck in a loop and no matter how much anyone tries to go back in time or forward in time to change the course of events; the unpleasant outcome could not be changed.  Of course before I went to bed I was watching this series called “Dark” and it’s about time traveling therefore that could’ve resulted in my time travel dream.  But in my dream, someone said that this negativity must happen for us to learn and grow from it otherwise we’ll all be complacent and the change will only be momentarily not permanent.  

I understand T is bad and very exhaustive for the collective but I do see positive changes coming due to the challenges we’re currently facing which I strongly feel we will overcome. 

I will indeed send positive vibes to the Lincoln project as well as the never Trumpers.

share the love and light 

TriciaCT, PamP, LalaBella and 19 people reacted
(@polarberry)

@triciact

I watched the clip. Idiot said we're all "truly blessed" to have Twitler as prez. These people are sick in the head. The backlash has been swift and fierce but he refuses to apologize.

TriciaCT, PamP, Share and 7 people reacted
(@journeywithme2)

Well well well, like we didn't see this coming. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2020/jul/10/donald-trump-supreme-court-tax-records-black-lives-matter-coronavirus-live-update s" target="true">From the Guardian: Donald Trump has commuted Roger Stone's sentence. He really has a great fondness for doing his shady things on Friday nights.

TriciaCT, PamP, lenor and 3 people reacted
Page 74 / 102
Share: