Taking Young Childr...

Notifications
Clear all

Taking Young Children from their Parents for a Misdemeanor is an Atrocity

(@zoron)
Illustrious Member Registered

Rosie, 

Get a telephoto lens camera and document this facility. (Froma safe distance.) then locate it on google earth. post the google coordinates toACLU and any photos. It would be a very good idea if someone put up a website that can host these pix and google earth locations. Its evidence. Quite possibly criminal evidence. It would encourage people, if they knew the locations, to demonstrate outside them. This is essential. It will spook the fed agents inside, who are undoubtedly doing a crime. 

ReplyQuote
(@brandy)
Reputable Member Registered

Zoron's post is an excellent idea

ReplyQuote
(@zoron)

Broadway, El Cajon, CA, USA    on google earth gets the location. There are several possible buildings on the broadway, of this town, that might be the child holding centre. Somebody take a look. The search term is to the left, in bold. This should be done all over, to document these centers. Send details to the ACLU. if someone wants to put up a website, that would be great. Zoron.

ReplyQuote
(@zoron)

Brandy, glad you saw my post. it would be a great start. its essential that it gets documented. There are probably city and town councils that have absolutely no idea what is going on under their noses. These places must have some sort of city or town permit to operate, and are probably private contractors. They would have no federal immunity. The city councils could pull their permits. I think that asking various religious groups to bear witness, would be a good idea, outside these places. but first they have to be found. This is all a little way off our mission, on this site, or is it?.....we are trying to bear witness to the light here. I am willing to set up a web site, offshore, here in the UK, which could act as a post box for the data and photos. The thought of the horror those children are enduring, makes me feel ill. 

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

One of our readers, Paula, sent me this to post here. She is in the Netherlands:

The present immigration policy is so abhorrent that it makes me sick to the stomach.
I think Trump has finally “died”. He will never recover public opinion after this one. It’s downhill for him from now.
Trump is gone, in June, because he has lost the respect of everyone.  
Wishing you all the best to get through this darkness.
Paula

ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

OK, everyone, hang on, no need to panic. I'm one of the lead volunteers with ACLU of San Diego & Imperial Counties. Believe me, they're on it.  We know where the facility is and it's been visited. 

https://goo.gl/maps/YTQRj6EM7G82

This is the boys' shelter only. Many of them were not separated from family, they came over "unaccompanied", and many of them were not turning themselves in at the border stations to request asylum. *This does not mean they are illegal to me* I'm just saying this is not one of the new "pop-ups". This goes back to the Obama administration. As much as I loved Obama, it is a fact that we call him "Deporter in Chief" because he deported millions of people in his 8 years in the office, and also cancelled several classes of protected immigrant status (e.g., Cuba).

http://www.kpbs.org/news/2018/jun/15/look-inside-child-migrant-shelter-el-cajon-amid-fa/  

https://www.abc15.com/news/national/this-is-where-migrant-children-separated-from-their-parents-are-being-held-in-california

I wouldn't go rushing over there with a camera. Aside from police state issues, the truth is you don't want to do anything that makes the storm troopers have to move the kids.  On the other hand, I hope an organized protest happens soon. We had some kind of march here downtown, but I didn't go because it was disorganized and nowhere near anything related to immigrant issues (i.e., the border wall, the crossings, the other many detention centers).

I agree with Jeanne. These are human rights atrocities/war crimes. We're one step away from all out genocide.  So today I posted this link with #NeverForget:   https://fbreporter.org/2015/11/02/jastrebarsko-concentration-camp-for-children/

Rosieheart - if you want to do something on a personal level, I can recommend a local detention visitation program and several other border projects/orgs. Let me know and I'll post them here for everyone who might be interested.

Marley, Jeanne Mayell, Marley and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Laura, Thank you for posting.  And Thank you for your work. Everyone, RosieHeart, Zoron, Brandy, Anita -- You are soldiers of light. Thank you. 

ReplyQuote
(@brandy)

does anyone else feel like we are a runaway train. Things seem to have sped up tremendously and timelines seem to be moving up rapidly

Laynara, Starpath, Jeanne Mayell and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)

Zoron - you are right on some things on this, but wrong on a few key points. Also want to add some other info points.

• Yes, these are mostly privately owned centers - ALL of the detention centers here are privately owned, most of them by Corrections Corp. of America (which changed its name recently to something else).
  • Because these are private properties, trespassing laws can (and are) enforced.
  • The City of El Cajon does have its own City Council, which would have had to approve construction or leasing of the center in the first place. The city does not want to pull the permits because of the potential loss of revenue and/or jobs loss.
  • Federal law is always above state law. State law is always above county or city law.
  • California recently passed a Sanctuary Bill, which I have read word for word and lobbied for in person. Let me be really specific on this:  this bill separates the activities of local law enforcement from federal agencies. It does not mean any and all are welcome in CA, it just means that local police are no longer doing any work at the bidding of ICE/CBP, or enforcing immigration laws or checks on the people they are policing, and ICE/CBP are no longer welcome to maintain agents and officers in prisons for "regular" criminal offenders. ICE has begun retaliating by conducting their own raids on a regular basis and by scooping people up who are here legally but who go to a court appointment or other federal agency appointment. The Board of Supervisors of San Diego County recently voted to join the Trump lawsuit against CA on this. The City of SD is not complying with that, not sure what El Cajon is doing.
  • DHS is asserting that detention centers do not constitute US soil in most cases (which of course is being fought by ACLU).
  • In my own dealings with ICE, during detention center visits, I found that the ones who were the cruelest were first gen immigrants themselves (self-hating latinx?). I think many of them are in fear of many things, not just job loss, but also of family members being deported.
  • You will see people online saying "go visit" the centers, but in ALL cases, this is not possible for the general public. In order to get into any of the centers, you have to submit to a clearance procedure, be approved and then also "be on the list". The list can either be that you work for an organization with an established visitation program, are an attorney (either for a specific client or as part of an established advocacy group), or that a detainee requests you by name. In all cases, you need the name, birth date, and i.d. no. of the detainee to visit them. To visit, you have to know the crazy schedule that ICE has laid out to discourage you, you have to know if the pod the detainee is in is available at that time, and also if the detainee is allowed to have visitors at all (or can only be talked to via video camera from a special room). You have to show up with only your car keys and your government issued i.d., you have to line up (we always let families go ahead of us), you have to go through metal detectors and pat downs. You are not allowed to touch anyone except a handshake. You cannot pass papers back and forth (unless you're a lawyer). You get one hour and then have to leave. Detainees get moved around the US with no rhyme or reason. We frequently lose track of them and don't know if they're deported, dead or released. I had to take a break this year, I got too burned out.
  • I know from personal experience that there are more than a few "bad apples" who are spoiling things for the people who really do need asylum, and this is what's giving lie to the crackdowns we are seeing now.
  • MS-13 is not running wild on the streets of San Diego county, but they are here. Much like the Italian Mafia 100 years ago, they're more a danger to those around them than the public at large.
  • Yes, this is not quite the mission of this site, but I want to say I appreciate how much everyone on here is paying attention to issues that are outside the metaphysical realms and "in the here and now".
  • I will post the orgs I mentioned in another post just below, for convenience.

Much love to all of you.

Marley, Jeanne Mayell, Marley and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)

Orgs that are helping in the immigrant crisis. Do what you can or donate money if you can. I know all these orgs, they are on the up and up.

SOLACE - detention visitation program -  http://www.firstuusandiego.org/solace

FREEDOM FOR IMMIGRANTS - national/parent org to SOLACE -  https://www.freedomforimmigrants.org/

SAN DIEGO ORGANIZING PROJECT- they have started a Rapid Response Network. Volunteers swoop in, phones/cameras in hand to document ICE activities at any hour of the day.  http://www.sdop.net/

PUEBLO SIN FRONTERAS - immigrant/refugee aid & community organizing -  http://www.pueblosinfronteras.org/

BORDER ANGELS - they go out in the desert to leave supplies for refugees (which ICE agents regularly destroy) -  https://www.borderangels.org/

ACLU of San Diego & Imperial Counties -  https://www.aclusandiego.org/

CASA CORNELIA - Pro Bono lawyers for refugees/immigrants *they especially need lawyer volunteers* -  http://www.casacornelia.org/

COURAGE CAMPAIGN - generalized resistance efforts here in CA:   https://www.couragecampaign.org/

LEGAL ORIENTATION PROGRAM - this is for info only - it's a DoJ effort to inform detainees of their rights. Most of the judges are NOT on the side of ICE in these cases from what I have seen, and work for DoJ, not for DHS -  https://www.justice.gov/eoir/legal-orientation-program

Last thing - download the ACLU app that immiediately uploads photos and videos from your phone before they can be deleted or confiscated by "authorities" - it's called Mobile Justice -  https://www.aclu.org/issues/criminal-law-reform/reforming-police-practices/aclu-apps-record-police-conduct

RosieHeart, Marley, RosieHeart and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@zoron)

Laura, certainly not illegal. If they do go 

I appreciate your postings. Good work. But I did say "Use a Telephoto lense". (That is, keep to the public road. ) That is perfectly legal, or have things gotten so bad now that they can bust you for taking photos in a public space?......surely not. Photography, location, documentation. The basics of war crimes investigation. also of Human rights investigations. What makes the USA so different?......ACLU is doing great work, but it needs to be internationalized, and also firmly posted onto the web. This is no longer just about America, for Americans. its an international issue. People like me, outside the USA, want to know what is going on. The ACLU does not "Own" an international issue like this, which is clearly in breach of many UN treaties, of which the USA is a signatory. Also, from my long human rights campaigning experience, also in war zones, I learned a long time ago to get the data and evidence in a safe third party country. Where a USA court cannot seize it or ban it. (Yes, really. That will happen, in due course).

Michele, Jeanne Mayell, LalaBella and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Brandy, good point about the runaway train.  We are nearing the center of a spiral and everything is moving at breakneck speed right now.  If anyone is interested in the physics of this, here's a post I put in another topic area of this blog a few days ago when someone else remarked at the speed of events:

Thank you for bringing up the speeding up of vibrational energy.  I learned about this phenomena forty years ago when taking classes in eastern philosophy.   Since then, I've learned that quantum physics has theories asserting the same phenomenon. 

All natural things  move in a spiralic path, e.g., the earth and the whole solar system move this way - in a circle that moves forward. So we go around the sun in a year, but we are also moving forward along with the sun through the galaxy. The path looks like water going down a drain.  Gravity pulls it along to the drain, so it's moving in a circle that is going forward towards the drain. As it approaches the drain it spins faster.  Consciousness is also energy and our world and our thinking and behavior are also moving along this spiralic path.  

We are entering the center of the drain. Everything is accelerating - computers and phones, technology, the lawlessness and viciousness of the GOP, information, the mindfulness movement, the amount of love and giving, and social media, are all accelerating. Climate change is also accelerating as is our knowledge of the climate via the accelerating number of people entering the climate science field. Population is also accelerating. 

But as we reach the drain, there is new energy coming up.  This is the way black holes work and there are physicists such as Nassim Haramein,  who show mathematically that the opposite energy is coming up the drain as the old energy is going down.  With the water in the drain, there is air spiraling up as the water spins its way down.  It's depicted in the Yin/Yang symbol which is a two-dimensional representation of a three-D phenomonon.  

So the ancients also understood this phenomenon of nature.  The takeaway is that as our world as we  know it is going down the drain, a new world, opposite in nature, is coming up.  That is what our positive predictions are about.  They are the beginnings of the new world flowing up the drain as the old consciousness is dying.

So you can thank Donald Trump and the dark money oligarchs for expediting the demise of an old system.  This shift fits some ancient prophecies as well. 

Timing is the hardest thing to predict, though.  It will shift when the virus has caused the illness to break. 

Michele, RunestoneOne, Luminata and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)

Zoron - Human Rights Watch is a great international org, but they are not really doing much here in the US. Believe me, many of us pray daily for international intervention (when will the UN send troops?). The current administration is like an abusive boyfriend - death by a thousand cuts, while isolating us and making us pariahs to the rest of the world so no outside help comes. ACLU is, after all, American (what the A stands for), so they focus on what's in and on our own borders. Their app does just that - gets the info up off your phone and onto the web, where they can safeguard it. And I've posted this before somewhere, I think, but another safeguard is actually the Internet Archives. You can use their Way Back Machine to find sites the government tries to delete. Spoiler alert: nothing is ever really deleted off the web.

http://archive.org/web/

And right now, I wouldn't be too sure about standing on public property to take pics at a distance. I would offer the caution that only tall, white, males do so. The police state is on full alert these days. Can't be too careful.

RunestoneOne, RosieHeart, Luminata and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@anita)
Noble Member Registered

But the Nazis feared losing their jobs as well. We are going down a dangerous road.

ReplyQuote
(@anita)
Noble Member Registered

When DT “won” the election, I felt as if I had been forced into a speeding car with a drunk driver.

ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)

Anita - that is my point.

Anita and Anita reacted
ReplyQuote
(@zoron)

Well, I know this isn't much, but I just wrote all of my congressmen/women and then found the contact email for MSNBC on the NBC news site under "About."  Ari Melber's audio feed of a little girl insisting she wanted to talk with her aunt cut off her recitation of her aunt's phone number.  I requested that the network replay the feed and contact the little girl's aunt for her.  I hope someone already did this, but if not ...

RosieHeart, Anita, Lola and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Lola
(@lola)

This situation just keeps on getting worse...on the news tonight they've been playing audio tape of kids crying out for there parents,uncontrollable sobbing. Honestly you would have to be a cold hearted sadist not to be affected by all this.

And after watching the Secretary of Homeland Security Krstjen Nielsen today speak and then take questions from the press gave me a chill.  Robotic responses, cold steely stare downs,,,Is she just brainwashed or evil?? Can someone please do a scan on her....inconceivable that not one women in this administration has resigned over this atrocity!  

RosieHeart, LalaBella, RosieHeart and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@anita)
Noble Member Registered

I know. Just sharing how I felt the same using a different visual.

LalaBella, Laynara, LalaBella and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Zoron, Laura, this is such good information. Anita, Lola thank you  

I called joe Kennedy’s office today (he’s my congressman) and chewed off the aid’s ear  about how the congressman has to drop everything and focus on this child separation issue. Me: “saying it’s immoral is too weak. Use the word “atrocity” and that you won’t negotiate with a terrorist. So no bargaining with Trump.. etc”  I was insufferable. They just listened and thanked me. . After I hung up I read that while I was on the phone with his office, the Congressman was already en route to the border facilities.  Called Markey and Warren as well. It does help to contact them. 

RunestoneOne, RosieHeart, Lola and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 13
Share: