Notifications
Clear all

Midterm elections

(@mas1581)
Illustrious Member Registered

I suggest that anyone who registers to vote from here out does not claim a party affiliation and rather registers as an independant. Also, any states that ask for race or ethnic 9rigin, Id refuse to answer. Dont give them any reason to throw your vote out early

ReplyQuote
(@vestralux)

Posted by: MAS1581

I suggest that anyone who registers to vote from here out does not claim a party affiliation and rather registers as an independant. Also, any states that ask for race or ethnic 9rigin, Id refuse to answer. Dont give them any reason to throw your vote out early

MAS, I agree, and actually registered in my current state as unaffiliated. 

Unfortunately, in many states voters must be affiliated with a specific party in order to vote in its primary. This has personally caused me to move from Independent to Democrat at certain times. I recommend that anyone posting/reading here look into their state's rules before changing affiliations. 

As we all know, our voting and demographic histories have been recorded, reported, sold, or electronically hacked. Same goes for our education, work, medical, and credit histories; our birth, marriage, divorce, inheritance, tax, military, and death records; and any criminal or civil court files about us. Everything about our psychological profiles, preferences, purchases, clicks, likes, views, as well as our up-to-the-minute physical location in space, our faces (continuously scanned and imaged by infrared technology embedded into front facing cameras in newer iPhones) are all being recorded, tracked, and mined by deep learning AI. And this info is being bartered, sold, and marketed back to us by advertisers, corporations, or other entities. We all know what Cambridge Analytica was hired to do. And by now we understand what Facebook and Google have been doing. But nothing about this is new. 

I'm both a natural optimist and a holder of light, so while I believe it's beneficial to avoid offering up information about our race/ethnicity/and voting preference wherever we can on registrations, I also believe we should all understand that these details about us are already known.

The most important thing is that we don't lose hope, but keep working to bring the truth to the surface. Exponential technological advancement and the proliferation of AI will only reflect our collective shadow if we refuse to own and integrate it in the light of awareness.

BlueBelle, Jeanne Mayell, RosieHeart and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

Another piece of buzz that might help is this: If you've been dropped off voter rolls, register as a Republican!!

JUST for the General Elections - if you live in a closed primary state, change it later to Unaffiliated/No Party Preference/Independent.

Be very careful when checking off anything marked "Independent", though - if it says "American Independent Party" - those are the Nazis, no kidding.

And I'm so not a lawyer, although I have played one on TV (also no kidding)! I'm just very well informed and grew up in a polemic household...

Another good resource for everyone is: votesaveamerica.org

Also - I did canvass for Hunter's opponent, Campa-Najjar, last night in Santee, CA, which is a known "red" area. We hit about 35 houses, the majority either didn't answer the door or weren't home. We had about 16 contacts with live people, all very anti-Hunter, which I view as a very good sign. On the other hand, ran into more under-35s who told me they don't plan to vote, ever. When they say that I say "Ok, then! See you in the Gulag!" - even though I know none of them understand the reference...

BlueBelle, Jeanne Mayell, Marley and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

What if "Trump Wins "? For as he says "It's really all about him." A Republican win is truly "his" win.

The New York Times is predicting that if that were to happen, it would be a total unleashing of Trump.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/19/opinion/sunday/midterm-elections-republican-party-trump-senate-house.html

Jeanne Mayell, RosieHeart, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Thank you RosieHeart for starting this important thread, and everyone else for your ideas.  I checked the link and am registered (Massachusetts, as far as I know, doesn't throw out people's votes), then donated to the organization.  What an important link it is for everyone.  Registering as a Republican for the general election in one of the bigger suppression states sounds like a plan. 

BlueBelle, LalaBella, BlueBelle and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@numerologist)
Noble Member Registered

For what it's worth, I voted in Dallas on Monday - the day early voting started for Texas. There was an uptick of 365% people coming out to vote as compared to past mid-term elections. I also poll-watched with my Beto sign in a very conservative voting place on Tuesday. I couldn't believe the number of 'thumbs-up' I got while holding my sign--in a very RED district! And one voter came by to chat with my friends after voting- and said the 365% up-tick in voting does NOT MEAN STATUS QUO!!!!! If Beto does some how lose this election - it will be due to voter tampering/fraud. And my son told me one of his friends attended the Trump/Cruz rally in Houston and Cruz was booed as he walked onto the stage!! People DO NOT LIKE TED CRUZ in Texas!!!! I believe there is going to be major uptick in  the number of Democratic votes, but I also think the Republicons might try to hide or change these votes. But I am keeping positive.....being negative results in negative actions.

RosieHeart, Bee, Unk p and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)

I'm going to give everyone here a word to the wise: IGNORE any national/last minute polls and early voting results. These numbers are being manipulated so that people think it doesn't matter if they vote or not.  Failing that, the chicanery will begin.... When the conservatives realize they can't win democratically/fairly, they won't abandon conservatism, they'll abandon democracy.

I have completed all my pre-election day activities, including voting.

Today I leave for VACATION to Vancouver/Victoria BC - a much needed respite among sane people. I'll be back before Election Day, BUT I have booked a consultation with a Canadian immigration lawyer, "just in case". 

Anyone up BC way - holler !!

RosieHeart, Michele, RosieHeart and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

Bless you for that reminder, Laura F.

How nice to be under 60 or whatever the cut off age is for Canadian immigration.

Oops, quick edit! Looks like some sites are saying 49. The one says over 47 there's a point system for qualifying.

So 47 and above....0 additional qualifying points!

20 years too late, guess I'm needed here ❣

https://www.quora.com/Is-there-an-age-limit-to-apply-for-a-Canadian-permanent-residence-under-the-express-entry-system

ReplyQuote
(@tag22)
Prominent Member Registered

Laura,

Thanks for all you did to help with this election.  Have fun on your well deserved vacation.  And thanks so much for saying what you did about the polls.  I thought they seemed wonky.  Just another reason we are being pushed to be in tune with our intuition more and more to navigate this post truth era.

LalaBella and LalaBella reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)

Michele - hubby and I are over 55, but I'm looking for special programs, like entrepreneurship, or if I have to I'll go back to school for a PhD !

Michele and Michele reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

Wow,  brilliant! Go for it ❤❤

And no matter any and all disclaimers to the contrary,  you carry a strong justice archetype,  hence my thinking you were one of our lawyers!

RosieHeart, LalaBella, RosieHeart and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Baba
(@baba)
Illustrious Member Moderator

Hi All, 

Just a quick update on the overseas voting situation for the state of Georgia that I mentioned last week. Fortunately, I was able to confirm that it was indeed my ballot that was received (as I made a mistake with the date we sent out our ballots - my bad and sorry for the worry it caused). However, my son’s ballot still has not arrived. We managed to get someone on the phone in the absentee voter’s office to check again and make sure that it wasn’t in their unopnened mail and they advised him to resubmit a new ballot. We sent that off today and we will be keeping our fingers and toes crossed that it arrives this time. 

I know this is a difficult time but we will get through it if we don’t lose our sense of purpose. One foot in front of the other and one breath at a time. 

Sending all of you peace and light!

Sophie, LalaBella, Michele and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mas1581)

Just a heads up for Texas voters. If you vote straight Democrat ticket, it is changing the top vote of Beto to a vote for Ted Cruz according to what I am hearing on the news. Im not sure if it does it on mixed party or Ind. tickets. Make sure you double and triple check ballots before submitting them. 

RosieHeart, LalaBella, RosieHeart and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lauri-h)
Estimable Member Registered

Laura, 

if you are returning to the US via I5, you’ll pass through Bellingham; give me a shout. You PM me via Facebook. Thanks for all your work! 

Lauri Huston

ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

Laura F. 

A 3rd Texas newspaper endorsement was just given to O'Rourke over Cruz:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/campaign/413480-orourke-picks-up-third-texas-newspaper-endorsement-over-cruz%3famp

Sophie and Sophie reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)

Michele-YAY!

Lauri- sorry, we flew up...but thanks!

ReplyQuote
(@nwdoug)
Estimable Member Registered

Laura, with voting day one week  away I've been robocalled many times lately. I just got one and called the number back. I was able to talk to the person whose number was used to make that call. I usually I don't answer the call unless I recognize it. The person told me they didn't make the call. We decided the best way to deal with the robocalls was not to answer. If the call is legit they could leave a message and could be called back. Just learned another tactic; answer "This is the FBI fraud division. How may I direct your call?"

At the moment my wife and I are in Roswell, NM helping my 89 year old mother-in-law. Roswell is a very red town even though New Mexico is mostly blue. Pence visited here last Friday and there was only one protester, a 17 year-old transgender girl. She is now being protected by the Roswell Refuge Center since she is now in danger of violent attacks, especially in this town. Everyone loves Tromp here.

VestraLux, Sophie, TaG22 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tag22)

NWDoug,

I only answer calls from numbers I know, too.  This weekend, a number I didn't recognize left a message.  I don't think they meant to leave a message.  It was a woman speaking Chinese (I think) to someone with music in the background.  Weird.

ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

The Nation's Most Progressive Governor Is In Trouble....

Oregon's Kate Brown has been one of Trump's strongest opponents.   

She just signed an executive order banning offshore drilling in Oregon.

She responded to the Parkland, Florida, shooting by signing a new gun safety law.

She signed the nation’s strongest reproductive health law,

and when President Donald Trump began targeting undocumented immigrants for deportation, she beefed up Oregon’s sanctuary laws.

The GOP is has gone into overdrive and within the past few weeks, the same GOP political ad has been running what seems like a dozen times a day.

The GOP is spending enormous amounts of money to unseat her.

Obviously,  they knew they needed to be worried. And they've come out swinging with all their bullets loaded!

Within the past week here in Oregon, our almost shoe-in for Governor, Democrat Governor and previous Secretary of State Kate Brown, is suddenly in a neck and neck race with Republican candidate state legislator, Knute Buehler.

I was concerned with a viewing of the first ad, started paying attention to its message and what I was hearing in public discourse . 

I'd already started mentioning falsehood from the ads, twisting facts or leaving out details. Sharing with others how important it was to set aside concerns that she hadn't made a big enough difference,  not what many wanted or expected. 

But Kate Brown was so far ahead and the ads moved in and took over opinions like wildfire. 

ReplyQuote
(@tag22)

Oh no, Michele! We need Gov. Brown in office!  I will surround her in protective light. 

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 8
Share: