Notifications
Clear all

Points of Light During Covid-19

(@share)
Famed Member Registered

@deetoo thank you for sharing those videos.  I finally had the opportunity to watch it today and it brought a beautiful sense of calmness. Everything has it’s story ready to be written whether negative or positive but everything is interwoven and connected.  

share the love and light 

Jeanne Mayell, lenor, Vesta and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@saibh)
Famed Member Registered

@deetoo Thank you for finding this video ... it felt so good to have tears in my eyes for something beautiful, for a change.

Jeanne Mayell, lenor, Lovendures and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Loved this. Parody of Beauty and the Beast,  Wear a Mask! https://youtu.be/ltjBT_TuUVA

deetoo, lenor, FEBbby23 and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jsr78)
Famed Member Registered

Jeanne Mayell, lowtide, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator
Topic starter  

On the Eve of the Inauguration, Biden and Harris led a National Covid Memorial on the steps of the Lincoln memorial for the 400 lives lost from Covid. 

It was a beautiful twilight scene of the reflecting pool.  Cities around the country are lighting up buildings in support as well.  

It was his first stop after landing in DC.  

This ceremony says so much of our new president.

Jeanne Mayell, Maggieci, FEBbby23 and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

@lovendures, I watched that ceremony.   So moving and beautiful.  I loved the nurse singing "Amazing Grace."

We've needed something like this so we could mourn together and help us heal.  I'm hopeful for our future.

Maggieci, FEBbby23, ghandigirl and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Topic starter  

@deetoo

Me too.  So very hopeful.  Yes, we have needed to mourn together.

Jeanne Mayell, FEBbby23, Vesta and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@blackandwhite)
Noble Member Registered

Does anyone get the feeling like the worst is over? I'm in no way or shape taking my foot off the gas but for the last few weeks I've been feeling less worried about covid. This is even after learning that there are 2 new strains coming our way into the states. 

deetoo, Vesta, polarberry and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@blackandwhite That's the feeling I have - that we have turned the corner.  September is when I felt it will be really over - maybe herd immunity. But it's going to get smaller now, and  as people get vaccinated, even before herd immunity, they will feel safer to shop, go to gyms, travel in airplanes.  

I am looking forward to Read the Future Night to see what we get. I just set it up for February 22 -- see the sign up event on this page. 

deetoo, lenor, Iridium and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@blackandwhite)
Noble Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell just signed up for it. 

deetoo, Jeanne Mayell, deetoo and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Topic starter  

I have hope that we have climbed the biggest mountain.  

There are other mountains, but THE mountain has been climbed and we will be scaling smaller peaks now, though yes we will see peaks, just not on the After Thanksgiving/ Christmas scale.  

Whatever occurs after this Super Bowl weekend will be much smaller.  The emotion need to gather for a Super Bowl is different than for Thanksgiving and Christmas.  There may be some rise but it will go back down.  I think we well start to seee the positive impact from vaccines in the near future.  

If water flow represents those with Covid, we will have a sink faucet running instead of a bathtub faucet.  

deetoo, ghandigirl, Jeanne Mayell and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@enkasongwriter)
Famed Member Participant

I know that even COVID is no longer a concern, things will never be the same. Most jobs will be remote except for certain occupations. Even education will change with the digital era. Having fewer cars on the street cuts down on pollution.

deetoo, lenor, ghandigirl and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ana)
Illustrious Member Registered

@blackandwhite 

I think the worst is over but that's mostly based on logic, not intuition, in my case.   

With vaccines being rapidly deployed, "herd immunity" building (from both vaccine and natural infection), and treatment methods continually improving, the virus and its effects are slowly being beaten back.  This is even true given the new variants: the vaccines tested against them were less effective in preventing *infection*, but they were still very, very effective in preventing serious disease.    There are still going to be "hot spots" popping up for a long time but I do think the worst is past. 

deetoo, blackandwhite, Jeanne Mayell and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Posted by: @jsr78

Liked this video in this tweet from the incoming covid taskforce co-chair.

I just saw this video @jsr78 posted back in November.  I think the Pandemic has hit me the hardest these past few weeks, the cabin fever of late winter cold and still awaiting a vaccine just got me crazy and well, was sick for a week too.  But I can't watch another movie.  Can't stay in, can't do couch. Even sick of cooking. In the video, the doctor said, you're not crazy,  (I thought I was).  He said, it's the Pandemic, not you. I thought it was me. And it's not much longer now.

Thank you, @jsr78

deetoo, lenor, jsr78 and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Community, question for you, from a teacher I had once who is pure light, Maria Sirois, from Kripalu Yoga Center:

"I give you today, in the midst of the long cold of Covid, three questions to sustain your journey:

What do you know now about your capacity that you did not know last February when the pandemic struck?

Who might you be at your best in this day today, this one day we have been given to shape?

What might yet be possible as the year progresses? 

"Meanwhile, the sea turtles swim. The redwoods stretch and the falcons soar. Meanwhile, to borrow from Mary Oliver, the world goes on, calling out to us from the natural kingdoms. However filled with strife these days may be, know that larger rhythms still rise and fall. The sun is faithful in its course and new days come. However difficult this time, nothing remains the same. Change will come and as it does we can choose to remain focused in the answers these three lifegiving questions unveil.

What do you now know?

Who might you be at your best?

What might be possible?" -- Maria Sirois

www.mariasirois.com

ghandigirl, lenor, deetoo and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lowtide)

@jeanne-mayell

That is an intentional and beautiful way to live. And fits in so well with Mary Oliver’s view of the world. “And what will you do with your one wild and precious life?” Thank you for sharing, and helping to guide us in contemplation and self reflection.

lenor, ghandigirl, BlueBelle and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Topic starter  

@jeanne-mayell

How wonderful to share Jeanne.  

I bet we are all reflecting  at this one year mark stage.  What a great way to channel that reflection time.  I sense some journal writing approaching.  

JourneyWithMe2, ghandigirl, BlueBelle and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ana)

Posted by: @jeanne-mayell

What do you know now about your capacity that you did not know last February when the pandemic struck?

Who might you be at your best in this day today, this one day we have been given to shape?

What might yet be possible as the year progresses? 

These are good questions that are hard to answer.  It has surely been a year for contemplation, that's true.  One thing I know is that I'm good at being an anchor for people around me.  That knowledge is not new, but it has been reinforced.  I also learned that I absolutely MUST be physically active.  COVID lockdown wasn't stringent enough to teach me much about that, but breaking my ankle sure did.  ? Again, this was not a new concept-- but I never realized how hard it is (on both body and mind) to hang out on the couch all day with a foot propped up.    

The second question is, and has been, the hardest for me.  The critical parenting I recieved as a child programmed me to be uncomfortable with being my true self.   I have gotten better at it as I get older but I still am not sure what I am meant to be.  Then again, I suppose I can't NOT be what I'm meant to be so I try to chill out about that.  What a conundrum!

deetoo, Jeanne Mayell, lenor and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Topic starter  

Never underestimate the importance of being a light-worker.

Dr Gupta and Dr. Fauci had a wonderful interview together on CNN.  At the end of the interview, Dr. Gupta's words to Dr. Fauci made me want to cry, it was so touching.  

Gupta: I just want to tell you on a personal note, I'm glad you're doing well physically. I hope you're doing well mentally and emotionally as well. I know this has been a challenging time ... There have been times that you've talked me off a cliff in the middle of everything else that you're doing. I called you up a few times, and you said, 'Hey, you're having a bad day, aren't you?' and I said, 'Yes, I am. And I hate to be complaining to you about this, of all people.' But somehow you were able to -- just even then, in the midst of what I thought was a really tough time -- to talk me off the cliff as well. So I have so many thanks to give to you, on my own behalf and on behalf of a grateful nation. So I really, really appreciate it, Dr. Fauci.

I believe many people could say the same about Dr. Gupta.  

Both have been major points of light.  And both are as human as you and I.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/01/health/coronavirus-fauci-gupta-reflections-interview/index.html

JourneyWithMe2, MtGal99, deetoo and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@lovendures I love that dialogue you just posted. To think of Fauci taking the time to call Gupta and calm him down just warms my heart.  To think of how fauci maintained his truth throughout the Trump years is also just so inspiring. 

JourneyWithMe2, deetoo, CC21 and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 9 / 10
Share: