Notifications
Clear all

The 2020 election. More info and predictions.

(@zoron)
Illustrious Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hi, fellow Scryers, I did some divination yesterday, on the election. Its a little early, but some things are emerging. They may, or may not, develop further, and will be joined to other events, yet to come.

So:

We have, first of all, to get to the actual election. In the meantime, Trump and Pence are the power holders, and are in place, and in office. The key thing is, therefore, "Who will be president when the election is called?......this is important. What I am getting, is that we are in for some surprises. wee are in for a "President Ford"  type situation.  Trump will have been deposed, one way or the other, by then. Likewise pence, who will become a "Blip on the historical record".of no future interest to anyone. He effectively disappears. Trump, on the other hand, does not go quietly. he does a kind of "King Kong" act. It has zilch effect. he goes. He is replaced. What is surprising, is the emergence of a strong block of old style Republicans, who are "Classical conservatives", and more like a bunch of Roman senators, faced with a mad Emperor. (The Roman Senate finally decided enough was enough and sent Emperor Nero a dose of poison, accompanied by blood-curdling threats if he did not take it.

Something like that is going to happen in Washington. There are still some GOP Senators who have a patrician disdain for Trump, and all that he represents. They are finally going to act. Late 2019. But we will see the run-up before then. What then happens, is heavy duty action on Pence, BEFORE this happens. He is replaced. Then the Senate, supported by the House, supports a "Pro-Tem", President Ford type candidate, who is Republican, but not a crazy. He does not run. There is a new "Clean" candidate.. But everyone breaths a sigh of relief. The "Roman" clique in the Senate, consider that they have done their "Higher Duty", and acted to depose a Nero. But from there on, it is alll "Business as usual". 

At the moment, it looks like a GOP win, but very close. But the GOP is fatally split and damaged. It gets heavily hit in the elections, and does not have the power it needs. I see a very angry, split house, and Senate. Grid lock again. 

also, Bernie sanders is very prominent in this election, but not as a Presidential candidate. He does get to have a shot at Vice president, with a younger Presidential candidate. But he is the "King-maker". There is also, some surprises, in the House, re the mid-terms. 

Celticwitch, javamyworld, Timo and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Thank you for opening this topic. I love your vision of  the Trump demise.

I agree wth you that it won’t change the extreme right oligarch rule in this country,  but it will reduce the daily bullying and drama trump wreaks on our world. 

Trump does not intend to ever  leave office unless somehow  ejected by his own party. But  for now they are afraid of him, afraid that crossing him is political suicide. If they turn on him, it would only be because his recklessness endangers the party. 

I think the reason Melania ran away was because he told her he plans to become president for life. She saw that her situation was permanent.  

Ultimately progressives will prevail .  Ultimately a rising ground swell of people who want freedom will leave this broken system and begin anew.  

javamyworld, Timo, RosieHeart and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@starpath)
Noble Member Registered

Trump always seems to be in his own reality, where he does no wrong even when all evidence shows his guilt.  In order to have no guilt (to maintain his version of reality)  he has no shame and no morality at his core.  I can easily imagine his King Kong act being more of the blaming, conspiracy touting and pure rage that he funnels into fighting until the end.  Pence is overly repressed and self-controlling to the point of swallowing his own soul.  He can't be tied to anything "ungodly" yet here he is tied to the person who seems to recognize no God except himself in his own narcissistic fantasy.  There is a strange dynamic of disgust Trump has for Pence yet Pence looks adoringly at him from behind in all the videos I've seen. If Pence is knowing Trump has disgust for him, then his look of adoration is an act to maintain appearances at all costs and maintain the idea that Trump is the president chosen by God for the evangelical base to have victory over evil (abortion, modernization/change, freedom of sexual orientation etc).  I wonder if the evangelicals will admit God didn't choose Trump?  It was a sort of transactional relationship that they spun into their own fantasy for dominance over others, power to maintain the status quo, power to oppress non-christians. 

I wonder who is the head of the "classic conservative" clique in the Senate...

SDJ, PracticalNihilist, BlueBelle and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@anita)
Noble Member Registered

How would he try to become President for life?

ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

Anita - there are many ways he can try. If attempts are made to remove him that fail, he consolidates power (whether he is impeached or not). We are already in a constitutional crisis, if it worsens and a Constitutional Convention is called while the current extreme right wing is running things, all is lost - we become a theocracy that remains oligarchic. He is already looking at pardoning himself for any federal convictions and getting everyone used to the idea that he is above the law. He has the evangelicals in a hypnotic state -- he is an atheist but they think he is pious and chosen by god, they will support him in this effort. He has many in the upper levels/inner circles also entranced (e.g., Pence - side note: did anyone else see that crazy water bottle video?). As Commander in Chief he can call on the military (National Guard mostly) to suppress any and all opposition without congressional approval. He can arrange, with the Russians or even N. Korea, for a "Reichstag Fire" type event and use that to declare Martial Law amidst cries to "rally around our president." And don't underestimate the skills of the Russians - if he can stay on Putin's good side (likely), they will help him eliminate any individuals who stand in his way, because they can keep him as their puppet while the entire western alliance strains to the breaking point. They can also help him squash the free press and any dissent.  

It's important to bear in mind that US-based, Evangelical Christianity, is as much (if not more) of a Death Cult as Isis -- they literally WANT the end of the world and believe they are justified in doing anything to bring on "God's Kingdom" to rule over their "righteous souls." They don't see the evil that is eating their faith from within.  And bottom line, in any conflict, you can't win against fundamentalism unless you completely destroy it.

No one here is seeing Twitler turning into a king, though, so take heart. But fasten your seatbelt in the meantime...

Jeanne Mayell, javamyworld, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@anita)
Noble Member Registered

Thanks, Laura. No wonder my stomach is doing somersaults.

its amazing how those in apparent power keep giving him power. The blindness of so many Americans is appalling.

When a strong percentage of Americans do not believe in the Holocaust, it shows how lack of good education, plus the likes of Fox News and talk radio can destroy us. The Democratic Party has never fought as strongly or as dirty as the Republicans. Obama’s choice for SCJ should have gotten in, even if by recess appointment. I think that a usually horrible national event would be a blessing ... I am surprised it hasn’t happened.

Laynara, LalaBella, Laynara and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Bird
(@bird)
Active Member Registered

Jeanne Mayell do you truly believe what your saying. I didn't want to get involved but you need calm down. Your hatred of trump is bliding you from being able to move forward. As for zoron good but you can do better a lot better. And it's not a belief that trump is chosen by god but rather a prophecy. You can even check it out with youtube not that I expect you to undurstand it(Jeanne Mayell). PS Zoron did you at least check what I posted under Alien Civilization, oh and alien is the same as rasist might want to change the name.

ReplyQuote
(@natalie)
Noble Member Registered

This message is for bird.

This is ridiculous, prophecy or not trump is a menace. He loves sowing global chaos. Maybe jeanne loathes trump too much, maybe all of us on this forum do. But there are reasons behind this. We recognize that this is a man who is mad, who has a deep personality disorder and will harm anyone to get his way. While I believe in prophecy I ground myself firmly in reality. How many people have lost their health insurance since trump came into office? How many children have been separated from their parents at the border since trump came into office. How much damage is being done to the environment because of his obstinate refusal to acknowledge the reality of climate change. How many of his cabinet picks are ethical people, most are ideologically opposed to the very offices they run. The trump regime is an insult to humanity, and those who enable it are complicit. While I try to have compassion for his voters and their reasoning, the thought keeps coming to me that Hitler also won an election. How many of those who voted for Hitler in 1933 saw the error of their ways in 1945? My guess is not many. Denial is a powerful drug. 

TriciaCT, javamyworld, RunestoneOne and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 lynn
(@lynn)

Also for Bird.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion, including you.  But telling someone, especially a woman, to "calm down," is wildly inappropriate.  What's more, hatred if trump isn't stopping anyone from "moving on."  

This site is about predictions, but it's more than that. It's grown into a community of people who are able to find support in these very scary times.  And it exists because of Jeanne's hard work.  Go ahead and express yourself, but don't do it by tearing others down, especially the person who works so hard to provide this platform for all of us. It's ungrateful and uncool.

TriciaCT, javamyworld, Timo and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@starpath)
Noble Member Registered

Bird you seem to think being disrespectful will get your ideas across.  "not that I expect you to undurstand it" is disrespectful and if you can't be respectful then you actually hurt your own arguments.  I am sure you want us to understand you but it is difficult to relate to someone who tells me they don't respect my point of view and then says check my information out--go to youtube!!! Why would I bother?

Timo, RosieHeart, Jeanne Mayell and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@fran)
Noble Member Registered

I have a strong premonition that Pence did something as governor of Indiana that will come out. Something Agnew esque. Manafort was desperate to get him on the ticket and not Christie. But my vision is clouded on this... Zoron?

As for the senate, yes, I agree there are several who hate him but are paralyzed because of financial and personal ties to some pretty heinous folks. Nostradamus predicted the senate who ordained the triumph of the “false trumpet” would ultimately do him in. Not that Nostradamus is 100% but that one rings true with me.

TriciaCT, RosieHeart, Lola and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

For Bird: "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, not their own facts." -- Sen. D. P. Moynihan (ca. 1980)

javamyworld, RosieHeart, Lola and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@gabriel_a)
Trusted Member Registered

Hello  everyone I'm new to the forums and will be catching up with the rules soon, but I wanted to comment on the following:

Zoron: "He does get to have a shot at Vice president, with a younger Presidential candidate."

For some reason I'm getting a strong feeling of Adam Schiff as president. I'm not psychic but I do get a felling of Senator Schiff being that surprise candidate. It's my thoughts so I wanted to share with you guys and see what you think of the idea of Adam Schiff for 2020.

kksali, Lola, Jeanne Mayell and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Welcome, Gabriel. :-)

Laynara and Laynara reacted
ReplyQuote
(@codyroo)
Noble Member Registered

@Bird - a great quote (with many Meme's regarding it)

Never in the history of calming down, has anyone ever actually calmed down, by being told to calm down.  Consider the wisdom of it.

Your snark to Zoron was inflammatory and unnecessary.  Zoron doesn't need me to defend him. 

I'm choosing to point out that your approach is destructive, non harmonious, and damaging to any valuable message you would otherwise be trying to convey.  Your choice if you continue down this path.

TriciaCT, javamyworld, Timo and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@zoron)
Topic starter  

OK, Crew, we are in choppy waters, and lots of rough stuff happening. Middle east, Trump, G7, etc etc....plus now the specter of Bolton.....who is now in a dangerous and powerful position. this man wants a nuclear war. In the circumstances, I think we are moving towards the end game, and that the next few months until the midterm elections are going to be heavy duty. trump has now broken out into full "Bull Moose in the rutting season" mode. Ye Gods. What is interesting is that I am sensing a great simplification of the key issues.  

Iran, Israel, Korea, the break up of the Western alliance, a looming market crash in the Autumn....all swirling about. Everything else takes a back seat, and if we get to sae, October, without a large mid east war, (it's wobbling a lot) or major USA crisis politically and constitutionally., I will be very surprised. Can we all concentrate on these key issues?.....There are also natural events..... big quakes, volcanoes, storms, etc,.....as backdrop. 

RosieHeart, Ms. C., Starpath and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laynara)
Noble Member Registered

Zoron, when I read that it sent shivers down my spine and all my hair to stand on end. We find out very soon which way all of this is going to go. Fingers crossed. Love and peaches for everyone who is having troubles during this rough time.

Starpath, Jeanne Mayell, Starpath and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@starpath)
Noble Member Registered

This article in The Atlantic by Jeffery Goldberg explains the Trump Doctrine and it may explain what Zoron calls Trump in full "bull moose in rutting season mode"

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/06/a-senior-white-house-official-defines-the-trump-doctrine-were-america-bitch/562511/

A couple of quotes from article: 

"The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine."

"Permanent destabilization creates American advantage.” The official who described this to me said Trump believes that keeping allies and adversaries alike perpetually off-balance necessarily benefits the United States, which is still the most powerful country on Earth.  When I noted that America’s adversaries seem far less destabilized by Trump than do America’s allies, this official argued for strategic patience. "They’ll see over time that it doesn’t pay to argue with us."

Apparently Trump feels he now has to act more urgently and with more focus on his beliefs the next year compared to the past year.  This can't bode well for the world in general.

Jeanne Mayell, RosieHeart, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mizmargo)
Estimable Member Registered

Here it is. This is how the GOP mess with the midterms and 2020.

Supreme Court, in 5–4 Decision, Allows States to Purge Voters for Their Failure to Vote

"In a 5–4 decision handed down Monday morning, the Supreme Court ruled that states may purge voters from the rolls due to their failure to cast a ballot.

The ruling will disproportionately disenfranchise minorities and veterans as well as low-income and disabled people. Because of this decision, it is now likely that thousands of Americans will show up to the polls in 2018 hoping to cast a ballot—only to be told that they have been purged from the rolls because they skipped the past few elections. It is a nightmare scenario for voting-rights advocates that may affect the outcome of many future elections as well as the 2018 midterm elections in Ohio."

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/06/supreme-court-greenlights-ohio-voter-purges-in-husted-v-randolph.html

Jeanne Mayell, RosieHeart, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 lynn
(@lynn)

They've been doing this for a long time.  At least the decision comes early enough to allow voter registration groups to mobilize.  I'm not saying the decision isn't awful, but it can be overcome, at least in part, by voting often enough so you don't get purged, and also by making sure you're registered. But it is disheartening that the right wing is playing multi dimensional chess, while the other side is often forced to play catch up. Trump is a symptom of what's been happening on the right for years.  It is an anti-democratic movement. Time will tell if it triumphs.

RosieHeart, Jeanne Mayell, LalaBella and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3
Share: