Notifications
Clear all

Looking for interpretation suggestions

(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@luminous. Thank you for letting me know the interpretation resonated. It is such good news about you. 

Lauren, Luminous and Luminous reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jaidy)
Noble Member Registered

When confronted with an issue I often use my dreams to communicate with my higher self and my guides. I got a clear sign last night of the rune symbol Gebo which looks like an X. I had to look up the meaning and it is connected to the tarot card the lovers.

the problem I am having is I am dating a person (I have had a positive past life with in a trusting marriage) but I was told that was then this is now you are different people in a different time. My spirit guide told me that I am coming into it w expectations and that it depends on what we create together and he may be a diamond in the rough. We have a good time together but there’s something that doesn’t feel right and he sometimes says one thing and in action does another. I can’t figure out what the Gebo means or how the lovers card works into it- except that I think I have to make this choice of is this a long term thing or are we crossing paths? 

does anyone have experience with this symbol or card? The Gebo is connected to gifts and he has given me material gifts… if that’s anything.

Vesta, Lauren, deetoo and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snowbird)
Noble Member Registered

Your interpretation resonates with me. You are at a crossroads. You may not be "just" crossing paths, because The Lovers is about knowing another. And not necessarily in a long term intimate relationship, but possibly as a friend. Take care, and take your time.

Vesta, Lauren, deetoo and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@seeker4)
Illustrious Member Registered

@jaidy I cannot help you with the Rune, but I'm 80 years old and the best advice I received early in my life was to PAY ATTENTION TO MY DOUBTS.  It is in our nature to dismiss and not trust this--to think that some small thing couldn't mean anything when it actually is asking you to look closer--, but there is a reason why we sense when something is off.  I know that if you keep asking for dreams and trusting your intuition, you will find the answers you seek.  Blessings.

JourneyWithMe2, Pegesus, Vesta and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jaidy)
Noble Member Registered

@snowbird thank you and seeker4 for chiming in- I cannot speak of these things to my irl friends as they would not understand the importance of dreams. In the dream the X was the shape/plan of a house and the top of the x were two bedrooms, where it met was a circle dining table and the bottom legs was adjoining  patios off the bedroom each with an Adirondack on it. Sitting in the Adirondacks we would both be gazing out at separate futures… but maybe just a little summer fun at the crossroads.

deetoo, Lauren and Maggieci reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tesseract)
Famed Member Registered

@jaidy 

I have used the Nordic runes for self-readings for several decades. (I read for others with my Oracle Stones, but they never work well for my own questions!) I have always seen/felt Gebo as PARTNERSHIP and although I can see why the Tarot Lovers Card might seem similar, to me, it isn't even close. The lovers are the least of the partnerships this Rune reflects. My sense about your past-life friend (and your dream) is that it is Partnership, not necessarily a romantic relationship. It doesn’t rule that out, of course, but first and foremost, Gebo is about other kinds of Partnership.

I am going to quote from Ralph Blum as it is his version of the Runes that I have lived with and by over these many years and frankly, there is no way I could say it better than the words he wrote many years ago. The highlights and italics, however, are mine and are what Spirit says you are asking about.

Drawing this Rune is an indication that partnership in some form is at hand. In love relationships, in business matters, in partnering of every kind, you are put on notice not to collapse yourself into that union. For true partnership is achieved only by separate and whole beings who retain their separateness even as they unite. Remember to let the winds of Heaven dance between you.

At the same time, there is another aspect of partnership that you are being called to consider. For the path of partnership can lead you to the realization of a still greater union—union with the Higher Self, union with the Divine. The ultimate gift of this Rune is the realization of the divine in all things: God always enters into equal partnerships.

Gebo, the Rune of Partnership has no Reverse for it signifies the gift of freedom from which flow all other gifts.

As to the house in your dream, it seems to me the above fits perfectly. There is a partnership at hand here…but “that was then and this is now” as you said in your initial post, seems to mean that you could draw on the past life, but express what soul connection you had then in a different, less romantic manner in today's re-connection. Also, since you say he says one thing but acts another...I would be ever so careful about even a business partnership! As @Seeker4 said, “pay attention to your doubts!” The house seems to indicate a partnership that has very definitive and separate rooms, while still being "one" "house" There is something here for you, call on wisdom and Light to show you what and how this partnership is meant to be. The fact that he is walking into your this life, connecting with you, now, indicates some kind of interaction is warranted. What and how that interaction/partnership may be is a new adventure, whether you want it or not 😊 

Whenever a past life person comes in, and we actually recognize and honor that connection, it behooves us to understand that we can draw on it, learn from and not repeat mistakes, all while going forward into something new. Think of the past life as a marvelous cloak you have and love, but one that has changed with time, has been worn with love and tenderly cared for. There may be some hidden tears, or holes in the pockets you need to find and perhaps mend. The cloak is overall very sturdy, yet soft and immeasurably comfortable, but it is always able to be adjusted, in color, trim, and whether or not you need to wear it constantly, or hang it in the closet, to take out only now and then. I hope that made sense, I think it was a little me and a little Spirit!

Partnership is at hand. Let the winds of Heaven dance between you. Oh how I have always loved that sentence!

Especially now, with Wisdom, Light, and Love, look to how this new/old connection of a past life is opening you to the Divine, not simply in the re-meeting of an old connection, and whatever joys and lessons that might entail, but to your own beloved and beautiful partnership with the Creator-God.

Blessings ❤️ 🌼 ❤️ 🌺 ❤️ 🌻 

Lauren, Jaidy, Pegesus and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jaidy)
Noble Member Registered

@tesseract thank you for that more extended reading. I have been using bob oswald bc rune symbols tend to appear in my dreams and I found him. In his Gebo interpretation he goes back to gifts which is why I mentioned it: ‘To the ancients, a gift always called for another in return. so accepting a gift places you under an obligation to the giver - the gods, destiny, another person. Gebo can also mean a partnership or union, in business or in love. Or it can mean forgiveness - perhaps the greatest gift of all - to give or to receive. Gebo is commonly used as the sign of a kiss -the symbol of affection. A gift presents you with the choice of acceptance or rejection. If you accept you must be prepared to give in return. Everything has its price, but with spiritual gifts the cost is always worth it in the end. You must find the balance between giving and receiving and learn to give responsibly. This means deciding when to give and who to give to as it is not appropriate to give to everyone indiscriminately.’

I was reading it as he was seeing the gifts he was giving me (bday, flowers, nights out) as gifts that he expected returned via intimacy- he said he was ok w waiting but yesterday before I had this dream he invited me to spend the night on a trip next weekend. He knows I am a single mom and I have a dog- so I said- uh, what are they supposed to do? His answer was laughable and then he said I was sort of joking. I wasn’t amused and asked for a clarifying dream.

We have no future business together and I can only see that I have been a spiritual seeker for a long time and he is a little into that and takes a lot of book recs from me or sometimes I reframe something for him so he sees it more open-mindedly. I asked my spirit guide about him bc I always wanted to call him John and that’s not his name- and that’s when the past life can up and she said you’re expecting him to be like he was in that life and things are changed. But she also wanted me to engage and said for now this is good- he may be a diamond in the rough, but you will have to see what the two of you create and you will know before you give your heart to him. So I was being warned off trusting him completely and also being told to engage and see what is created- I was told ‘give him a chance to grow into the big shoes you expect him to fill’

Lauren reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 5
Share: