Notifications
Clear all

Looking for interpretation suggestions

(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@coyote. It's just one interpretation and there will be many layers or interpretations to fit those combinations. I've taught classes where five people interpret the same cards that we pulled for someone and they come up with five different meanings, all of which feel right.

My interpretation came this way:  if your soul card is the priestess, then I simply use the meaning of the priestess.  She is pure intuition, an oracle, a channel of spirit. When I think of you as the priestess, I see you writing, for example, typing away at the keyboard, and your words, are coming from spirit. Words are, after all, emanations from spirit, your choice of words, are choices that come from the ether and you direct your inspiration out to the collective with your choice of words.

Think, for example, of the first words in the Book of John, "In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God and the word was God."  

If you are the Priestess, then it feels to me like you as a writer are channeling divine spirit.

Since your lifetime card is the Aeon, then you'd be here in this lifetime to help us bring on the new age. The Aeon card is about a new age, an age in which a divine child, Horus, which I see as you, is looking at his father, the old King whose time is ending.  Horus is reevaluating his father's time, which has been a patriarchal age, and he's deciding who he, Horus, will be.  

The 20th Trump card is a card of final evaluation before mastery. In traditional decks, like the Rider Waite, it is a biblical depiction of the Last Judgment. Crowley's (Thoth Deck) Aeon is a more contemporary meaning of that concept and depicts the Egyptian Divine Child Horus rather than Jesus.

Since we are living in the most pivotal time in all of history, Crowley's Aeon works better for me than a Christian/patriarchal-based meaning.  

Coyote, yours is a high calling.

FEBbby23, Aheartbegins, Stargazer and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)
Illustrious Member Registered

Wow. Beautiful cards @Jean Mayelle

Today I decided to give myself a New Year's Reading. 

I drew one card: Ace of Cups

Then I couldn't focus and kept getting all reversed cards, feeling wrong. So I cleared my mind and said, "Dee Too, Jean Mayell, Coyote" and then I threw the most hopeful cards. The thought of the forums energy uplifted me out of my distractedness, and I would like to just share a few that came up that seemed very positive...

Me, Signifier: Queen of Wands, Strength(I painted this card as self portrait, will attempt to attach here...)

The Future: The Sun

How others see me: The Tower

My Hopes and Dreams: The Emperor

The Future: Knight of Pentacles

minor cards in the spread : wands, cups

hiding in the box, clarifier: 10 of pentacles

I take this all to mean that positive things await in 2021, and also I don't care anymore if people see me as The Tower. What matters is how I see me. I cannot light the world if my lit is dimmed. 

Happy New Year everybody. Thanks for not acting like I'm crazy. It helps. 

1609441672-Tarot-self-portrait.jpg

Parizienne, Coyote, FEBbby23 and 21 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lowtide)

@ghandigirl

Do you even know how great you are? ??

FEBbby23, Aheartbegins, ghandigirl and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

Posted by: @lowtide

@ghandigirl

Do you even know how great you are? ??

Perhaps I will make this my New Year's Resolution. :)

FEBbby23, deetoo, Jeanne Mayell and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

P.S. @ghandigirl, I just love your Strength card painting. 

Unk p, JourneyWithMe2, ghandigirl and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

Funny little story, a childhood friend asked how I was able to get my face so right. I told her ,"I've got me memorized."

Unk p, FEBbby23, Unk p and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@polka)
Estimable Member Registered

Hello, I have been feeling pretty restless about wether or not I should move back to Poland. I have been feeling "homesick" and kept thinking back to village where my grandparents used to live shortly before their passing. I'ts been a special place for me and one of to my go to destinations if I decided to move back. Another reason is to see if it would be easier to live back in Poland due to incoming climate changes so I decided to ask the cards for advice. I used Raider-Waite deck

I used celtic cross for both of my questions: One- If I should move back to Poland due to changes and second-If I should stay in UK and I'm quite perplexed with the answers.

Results of 1st Question:

1st: 8 of Pentacles, 2nd:3 of wands, 3rd:King of swords, 4th:Page of Pentacles, 5th: Seven of Cups, 6th: 8 of cups, 7th: 9 of cups, 8th: The Star, 9:The Tower, 10th: The Devil

Results of 2nd:

1st:Knights of cups, 2nd:Queen of Cups, 3rd: King of Cups, 4th: 4 of wands, 5th: The hanged man, 6th: 2 of Wands, 7th: 6 of Wands, 8th: 3 of Cups, 9th: 3 of swords, 10th: 4 of swords

Overall I feel like it would benefit me and my family more to stay in the UK and in the long term would give me peace of the mind while my moving back to Poland would be ill-advised at least for now. I'm quite inexperienced but I have the feeling that it's not time quite yet to make any actions or large scale movement. 

I'm not entirely sure so I thought I would ask you for your interpretation.

ReplyQuote
(@maggieci)
Noble Member Registered

@polka

I'm not as experienced at Tarot as others here, but I'll lead off a reply and see if others chime in.

The cards aren't telling me whether you "should" go to your ancestral home or stay in the UK, but rather what is going on in your life at this time. I concur with your feelings in the end about staying in the UK. Here's why:

Your first question is telling me you are daydreaming about how to resolve the challenge of making travel plans. This came about because you are a logical thinker and thinking about money. You are conscious of your choices and you do want to move on to something new. Your approach to making travel plans involves fulfilling a wish, and luckily there is happiness and optimism about your homeland, but you fear it will be a difficult change and you are stuck.

Your second question is more interesting, with more opportunity. Your mind offers good news in the challenge of how to listen to your heart. You are such a caring and generous person, you lead with your heart, so you want to continue the security and happiness of those around you, therefore you find yourself in a period of waiting and indecision. But surprisingly, what's driving your restlessness is the need for new options at work. Draw upon your natural leadership to really honor and listen to your heart. You are surrounded by friends and you fear the heartache of leaving them. When you are sure of your heart's choice it will be like a rest after a battle.

That's my amateur take. It may ease your heart to explore your grandparents' village using Google Earth or Google Maps, for example, and perhaps plan a vacation there in the next year or so. What new work could fulfill you? Your heart is your guide. Good luck to you ❤️ 

Jeanne Mayell, Polka, SisterMoon and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snowbird)
Noble Member Registered

@polka, I, too am not very experienced but love the opportunity to interpret the cards. I’m reading them as if they are all upright. 

For your first throw, the 8 of Pentacles, challenged by the 3 of Wands, suggests you have been working hard at something but may be considering changing directions, consistent with your consideration of moving back to your birthplace. The King of Swords is your logical mind and the Page of Pentacles means you think your finances can support a move. The 7 of Cups reflects too many choices in the recent past and the 8 of Cups in the near future shows you walking away from something. The 9 of Cups shows you see yourself as fulfilled, and your current environment, the Star, is one of hope and inspiration. The Tower in the hopes and fears position, is clearly a fear of the destruction and disruption you could face with your move; the Devil as final outcome, I believe echoes the fear card, and can mean that for some reason a move back to your childhood home could result in some kind of block or restriction. 

For your second throw, I see your strong emotional self in the Knight, Queen, and King of Cups, and with the 4 of wands you feel settled and at home. But in the recent past you felt stuck, and in the near future you are looking at alternatives. You feel you are in a positive and supportive environment, and heartbreak (3 of Swords) is on your mind. I like Maggieci’s interpretation of fearing to leave your friends, and your interpretation of the 4 of Swords as indicating peace of mind.

I agree with you and with Maggieci that the cards seem to be saying that a move back to your childhood home could be more disruptive than you anticipate and that you may end up being stuck, and that the best place for you emotionally at this time is to stay in the UK. You take care, and thanks for the opportunity to share ideas about the cards.

Jeanne Mayell, Vesta, Maggieci and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sistermoon)
Famed Member Registered

Posted by: @polka

I'm quite inexperienced but I have the feeling that it's not time quite yet to make any actions or large scale movement. 

I would say that you have already intuited the message you are meant to receive :)

Because this is your reading, what you feel and intuit the cards say and mean supersedes anyone else's interpretation. I'm a pretty experienced reader (started 25 years ago, egads), and the way I interpret cards is different than other readers (which is the beauty of tarot!) -- but another reader's interpretation of the cards "given" to me always comes with a pretty hefty grain of salt. Thus, always trust your feelings when it comes to interpreting a reading.

That being said, I agree that it seems as though moving to Poland is not in your best interests at the moment, although a short visit (once covid eases up a bit) might help you ease your feelings of homesickness :)

Jeanne Mayell, Unk p, Vesta and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@polka)
Estimable Member Registered

@Maggieci @Snowbird @SisterMoon

Thank you very much for your insight. I usually get the overall meaning in the reading, more by "the feeling" of the reading than actual meaning of the card so the reading is quite vague^^"" but I still have trouble with connecting them to each other. Hopefully, the more I get familiar with the cards the easier it will become :D Once again I thank all of you.

Jeanne Mayell, deetoo, SisterMoon and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@luminous)

I did a tarot reading for myself today. I haven't touched tarot for a few years, but I was curious to see what my reading today would be:

Card 1: How you feel about yourself

Strength

Card 2: What you want most right now:

Chariot

Card 3: Your fears:

Lovers

Card 4: What is going for you:

Judgement

Card 5: What is going against you:

Hanged man

Card 6: The likely outcome:

The world

I thought this was a pretty positive reading to be honest. 

Edit: I'm not asking for a personal reading of my reading as such, just trying to see if my interpretation of this is correct for being quite positive. 

If anyone would like to add insight for what each card usually means to them in a general way when they do their own tarot readings, I would be grateful. I am still learning the ropes of tarot.

BlueBelle, Jeanne Mayell, lenor and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@moonbeam)

@luminous, I also see this as a positive read. Your attitude at least is! The Hanged Man as 'going against you' would be the fact that the world stands still at the mo, imo. That's against you; there isn't anywhere to go, no forward... yet. ?  

Jeanne Mayell, Luminous, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@luminous)

Posted by: @moonbeam

@luminous, I also see this as a positive read. Your attitude at least is! The Hanged Man as 'going against you' would be the fact that the world stands still at the mo, imo. That's against you; there isn't anywhere to go, no forward... yet. ?  

Your interpretation is really spot on. I won't go into full detail, but the hospital I am under didn't process my referral properly from last April and I should have had an appointment but  something got lost in translation - so nothing happening and I'm trying to solve this now. 

I am still a novice at tarot, but I really like doing readings for myself once in a while to see their accuracy and better understand their meanings.

I've just done another tarot reading for myself and I think it's pretty similar to the last one a few months ago:

Card 1:  How you feel about yourself »

The Hermit

You may be feeling lonely at this time or going through a period of introspection. If you are struggling to find answers to your questions give it time, they will come. This is a time for prudence and patience.

If you have been unwell this is a time for rest and recuperation.

Card 2:  What you want most right now »

Wheel of Fortune

The Wheel suggests that you're looking for a turning point in your life and positive change, and if that's the case expect it now!

Life will go up a gear or two and events will accelerate you forward. Destiny is at play here - have you noticed a number of events that seem rather 'coincidental'? This is synchronicity, trust it and go with the flow.

Card 3:   Your fears »

The Chariot

The word failure isn't in your vocabulary. You are worried things are more of a struggle than you expected, with more delays and frustrations.

Things aren't going according to plan at all - just chill out, calm that mind of yours and you'll find the strength to battle on until you succeed. This is a period of movement and change and conflicts ending in victory.

Card 4:   What is going for you »

The Star

A wish come true, this is a time of good luck and fortune, perhaps after a period of struggle and heartache.

Good health, possibly after a time of illness, and good fortune will give you a new zest for life.

If considering a new love affair, new employment, a career change, or you wish to travel, then go for it.

You may also receive an unexpected gift!

Card 5:   What is going against you »

The Moon

You are frozen with fear, lacking nerve and confused as to what it is you actually want.

You are allowing all your fears and anxieties to hold you back when you should be opening your mind to new and unexpected possibilities.

You do need to be careful however, as there are deceitful people around who may seem charming but are only out for their own gains. If in a clandestine affair beware, your secret may be exposed.

Card 6:  The likely outcome »

Judgement

A time for taking stock, an end to an era or phase of your life and brand new opportunities appearing.

An opportunity will present itself that must not be ignored and it could have far-reaching implications, changing your life for the better.

You will enjoy success and enjoyment for past efforts, events will pick up a pace and the outcome will be quicker than expected.

I mean, these are the pretty basic meanings, so I know they also have another interpretation.

I will admit that I have been feeling quite let down by the recent setbacks, and it has felt like familar territory of another year being wasted  - so whether that is what the moon card represents in terms of how I feel I don't know... I am not giving up though...

Jeanne Mayell, Moonbeam, FEBbby23 and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@moonbeam)

@luminous don't give up! I found that with the tarot you just need to let meanings sink in an get in touch with your instinct. Don't go with what you want them to say, but what your gut tells you.

How much of the situation at the hospital is external and how much can you do yourself? That's kind of what I get from your reading. Does everything 'happen to you' or can you take control?

Keep at it ❤️ 

BlueBelle, Luminous, BlueBelle and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@luminous)

Thank you @moonbeam

I spoke to the hospital on Tuesday. I took my power back and took control. I put pressure on them to sort this out. Today I got a letter with an appointment for July - a positive result!

You are right. Stuff usually does just happen to me irrespective of what i am doing and it occurs most often in the background without my control, but this time I took back control with a positive result - I claim back my power.

I also think these cards paint a picture further ahead too, because the next hurdles are the appointment and getting the treatment organised. So hopefully some more positive results further ahead. But I know I am going to have to keep going at this and not let up - I am not letting my foot off the gas now.

I want to also thank @jeanne-mayell for her encouraging words of support also recently - as that lifted me.

Moonbeam, BlueBelle, Lovendures and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Posted by: @luminous

Card 1:  How you feel about yourself »

The Hermit

You may be feeling lonely at this time or going through a period of introspection. If you are struggling to find answers to your questions give it time, they will come. This is a time for prudence and patience.

If you have been unwell this is a time for rest and recuperation.

Card 2:  What you want most right now »

Wheel of Fortune

The Wheel suggests that you're looking for a turning point in your life and positive change, and if that's the case expect it now!

Life will go up a gear or two and events will accelerate you forward. Destiny is at play here - have you noticed a number of events that seem rather 'coincidental'? This is synchronicity, trust it and go with the flow.

Card 3:   Your fears »

The Chariot

The word failure isn't in your vocabulary. You are worried things are more of a struggle than you expected, with more delays and frustrations.

Things aren't going according to plan at all - just chill out, calm that mind of yours and you'll find the strength to battle on until you succeed. This is a period of movement and change and conflicts ending in victory.

Card 4:   What is going for you »

The Star

A wish come true, this is a time of good luck and fortune, perhaps after a period of struggle and heartache.

Good health, possibly after a time of illness, and good fortune will give you a new zest for life.

If considering a new love affair, new employment, a career change, or you wish to travel, then go for it.

You may also receive an unexpected gift!

Card 5:   What is going against you »

The Moon

You are frozen with fear, lacking nerve and confused as to what it is you actually want.

You are allowing all your fears and anxieties to hold you back when you should be opening your mind to new and unexpected possibilities.

You do need to be careful however, as there are deceitful people around who may seem charming but are only out for their own gains. If in a clandestine affair beware, your secret may be exposed.

Card 6:  The likely outcome »

Judgement

A time for taking stock, an end to an era or phase of your life and brand new opportunities appearing.

An opportunity will present itself that must not be ignored and it could have far-reaching implications, changing your life for the better.

You will enjoy success and enjoyment for past efforts, events will pick up a pace and the outcome will be quicker than expected.

@luminous, what deck are the cards you used for this reading? Let me guess, probably Ryder Waite. I read mostly Thoth.  But I can interpret what you pulled by just feeling them in my mind.  Remember that both readings, yours, mine, and moonbeam's can cast light on your situation even if the readings are different. It's like the three blind men and the elephant story. You said you didn't want a personal reading but that's hard not to do.  I'm not predicting your future, though, just interpreting the cards the way they feel with you being the the one who pulled them.  Hope that is okay.  

Also @moonbeam is an excellent tarot reader. 

Card 1:  How you feel about yourself - Hermit

Alone with your struggle.  It's okay, we are always alone when we are grappling with something, even if there are people to help us. While you are alone, however, you are meditating in the most wonderful way.  You are turned inward, but opening to inner light. That light is your soul's truth. You are getting better at it, and evolving from the practice. 

Card 2:  What you want most right now --Wheel of Fortune

You want for fortune to go your way.  But on a higher level, you want what the wheel teaches: to learn to be okay no matter where you are on the wheel.  When you can thrive regardless of whether you are up or down on the wheel, you have arrived at mastery of this world. 

Card 3:   Your fears »The Chariot

Fears are usually the emotional self, and the emotional self is usually our inner child.  The Chariot runs his own show. He is in charge. He is independent. He wears a suit of armor. I'm wondering if you have been afraid of being forced to go it all alone. Most people are! Also there might have been a key person in your life, like a father, who seemed separate from the rest of the family, or separate from you. And although you loved each other, he perhaps had a separateness to him.  Even if such a person doesn't exist,  that person is also you -- independent, on your own, and that can be scary, even if you choose it or can't help but live it.  But own it!  Own your independence, that on some level you are a lone soldier, and you will be facing your own great strength to ride your own chariot.

It's also good to remember that we are ultimately on our own in this life. And we are also never alone. 

Card 4:   What is going for you »The Star

The Star is many things, but more than anything, it is hope. It is also redemption and new life. You are never alone because you are part of the great magical and deep universe.  The star is an angel who guides you, the great heavens insure that we are all connected and our fortunes are cyclical too.  There is no end, no beginning, just cycles and nothing bad ever stays bad for long.

Card 5:   What is going against you »The Moon

The moon creates confusion. It is the deep unconscious. It is the darkness that we have to walk through. We have to navigate in the dark and it can be frightening because there is so much in our own unconscious that we don't understand.  We have triggers, fears, traumas,  and anger from that realm. Our childhood traumas, fears, loves and losses swirl about down there in the dark unconscious. So the moon is magical, mystical and exciting. But it is also like a boogeyman, a carnival house of mirrors - distorting our perceptions. So this distortion can work against us.   For example, the troubles with the hospital's losing your films or delaying your treatment can be not only inconvenient, but it can feel like people don't care about you, like you've been neglected or abandoned by the very people who are supposed to take care of you. It can feel personal and trigger a lot of old painful traumas. 

But you are growing from this difficulty. So in the end, the pain awakens you, and you grow from it.  Also I don't think the delay will ultimately harm you, only your reaction to it.

Card 6:  The likely outcome »Judgement

You are going to grow immeasurably from this journey. You are going to step up and cast off some old beliefs about who takes care of you, and who is in charge of you.  It will start with anger and blossom into self reliance and strength. You will come of age from this. You will evolve and rise! 

Luminous, Moonbeam, Lovendures and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@luminous. After I posted my interpretation of your cards, I realized I hadn't read your update. Sounds like what I saw in you cards fit what happened already, although as always, I went deep and detailed into it.  But this growth you are experiencing is life changing for you. You are rising!

deetoo, Luminous, BlueBelle and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@moonbeam)

@luminous sounds great! Glad to read that you were able to take back control of the situation and it feels right/good. Hope it will all work out and feel natural to you as well; this (new) way of doing things. Hospital visits are never fun. Let's go for a beautiful resolution there! ❤️ 

deetoo, Luminous, deetoo and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@luminous)

@jeanne-mayell, wow that was a beautifully detailed interpretation. 

I think much of that is pretty accurate. I've lost my independence a lot over the years due to my ill health, and I have felt a lot of my life has been in the hands of other people making all the decisions and calling all the shots. So I've had this feeling of no control or power in my life - with both my health and decisions about my health and life. I had to surrender a lot of my pride because I initially thought I could take up my sword and shield and just wade through, but I discovered my journey has not been that simple - because there were parts about my health problems I was not aware of - stuff I had to go on the journey of 12 years to learn and discover and experience - to find out what really was going on with my body and to grow as a person.

These last few years have been some of the hardest - it has made me challenge what I know to be true with periods of self doubt and low confidence, certainly when past traumas and events have reared their ugly heads.  But I'm now learning that I already possess the power and knowledge to take me forward now - and that I've already overcome so much.

So now comes the time to empower myself using the foundations I have built and put them into action.

@moonbeam thank you for your kind words. It's now about putting the plan into action which I will discuss with the doctor in June. I have got the science on my side now for supporting the treatment I need and now it's about getting it done.

Moonbeam, Jeanne Mayell, ghandigirl and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 5
Share: