Notifications
Clear all

Cards Having a Life of Their Own or Jumping out of the Deck

(@seeker4)
Illustrious Member Registered
Topic starter  

I am new to working with Tarot Cards and am studying in Jeanne's class: Become Deeply Intuitive.  I had an unusual experience this week.  I post a lot of political positions on FB, and take on Trumpites especially when others won't.  I've tried hard never to lower myself to their level of vulgarities, insults, or requests to leave the country.  However, once in awhile I start to question whether or not I should be doing this and/or whether or not it makes a difference.  Usually, when I think I should stop, I'll get a text from someone thanking me.  ...so I continue.  Yesterday, I decided to throw a card with the request: Show me a card that tells me whether or not Spirit blesses my political posts.  I shuffled three times and started to select a card when one dropped out of the deck.  At first, I started to put it back in the deck thinking I was being clumsy, but then wondered if it might mean something.  So, I looked at it, and it was the Ace of Cups.  I smiled (big), but still wasn't sure if it was supposed to be read.  Nevertheless, I decided to set it aside and select another card.  This time without mishap, I pulled the Queen of Cups.  So, now I'm beginning to think that both cards were meant to be read, and I'm feeling pretty confident that I'm supposed to continue writing politically. Of course, I'm also planning to send Jeanne an email to be sure.  So, I finish reading the cards, and start to put them back in the box when another cards "jumps" out.  (And, that's when it started to feel like they were jumping out on their own.)  The final card: The Magus.  ...communicator, messenger!  Have decided not to question my political posts anymore.  

ghandigirl, BlueBelle, Parizienne and 21 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@seeker4, that's pretty cool and makes me smile!  I'm in that class too, and a newbie to the cards.  I do think it's meaningful when a card jumps out like that.  One time, even before I pulled out my cards to ask a particular question, I grabbed Jeanne's book and it haphazardly fell open to a page of a Major Arcana card.  The card description directly answered my question!  BTW, speaking of Magus -- when we were doing our intuitive readings of the months and years ahead, and the year 2021 came up, I decided to pull a card -- it was The Magus. 

Jeanne Mayell, BlueBelle, Lilinoe and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@seeker4)
Topic starter  

@deetoo  Yes, I know you are in the class and I even know your face now!  Such a great class.  I'm actually surprised that you are new as you seemed more advanced.  However, love your post too.  

Jeanne Mayell, BlueBelle, Lilinoe and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 CC21
(@cc21)

@seeker4 @deetoo

I am in the class as well and am brand new to Tarot. I am finding I really like it, though. I tend to analyze and look for symbolism in things, anyway, so I think it is a good tool for me. I find it very difficult to do the inner visioning that we are just starting in class.

Anyway, I loved reading about your cards "popping out" at you - definitely confirming the message! I find it really freeing when Jeanne instructs to trust what you get. Everything has a learning purpose - never a wrong answer. Cool stuff!

ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

@seeker4, I didn't realize you are in the class -- that's great!  I'll have to look for you among those beautiful faces.  I'm not new to the intuitive process but very new to the Tarot.  I initially resisted learning the cards, but I really like it.  I think it's the way Jeanne teaches it -- that intuitive way of looking at the cards and, as CC21 mentioned, the symbolism.  Jeanne's method of teaching really resonates with me.  Plus the Thoth cards are quite beautiful.  I also like the Osho Zen cards with their beauty and simplicity.

@CC21, I understand about the inner visioning.  I've always struggled when I have participated in Read the Future nights.  My mind often goes blank.  I think part of the reason is I put pressure on myself, especially in a group setting.  Now I just try to jot down anything that comes to mind -- and if it's blank, it's blank.  Once I wrote down a bunch of oddball things but was convinced that I was making stuff up, so I never sent it in to Jeanne.  Months later I found what I had written -- I was amazed at the accuracy of a few things I wrote.  But some of my best intuitive insights are when I am relaxed and/or doing other things.  

Jeanne Mayell, BlueBelle, Lilinoe and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@seeker4)
Topic starter  

@cc21 @deetoo  cc21: I could have written every word of your reply and applied it to myself.  I simply love this community.  

ReplyQuote
 CC21
(@cc21)

@seeker4

Me, too! ❤️ 

Jeanne Mayell, BlueBelle, Seeker4 and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@seeker4)
Topic starter  

@deetoo @CC21  I'm going to take your suggestion and start writing everything down.  When I taught writing (retired now), I started every class with, "Write for ten minutes and write for the full length of time.  If you cannot think of anything to say, write, 'I cannot think of anything to say over and over.'"  It never lasts very long, and it didn't take more than 3 or 4 classes before they everyone had something to write about.  I'm wondering if this could be adapted in some way to visioning.  Any ideas?  

ghandigirl, Jeanne Mayell, Parizienne and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 CC21
(@cc21)

@seeker4

You know, I really like this idea! Sometimes I get thoughts/feelings throughout the day - nothing earth-shattering, but just feelings of how things are going, directions that events large and small are headed. If I made a habit of writing a bit everyday, maybe I would start documenting some interesting things? Even if just related to my own life...then I would have a record to refer to. Thanks for the idea!

Jeanne Mayell, BlueBelle, Unk p and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

@cc21 and @seeker4, writing things down every day is a great idea -- maybe a "stream of consciousness" way of writing?  @seeker4, it sounds like that's what you were getting at with filling up the page, even if you can't think of anything to say.

I've also been thinking that I might start writing things down with my non-dominant hand.  When I was a kid I loved to draw portraits from photographs.  When I became stuck, I would often instinctively turn the photos upside down.  It turned on the right side of my brain, where I would suddenly see shapes, lines and shadings, rather than a mouth, nose, etc.  Then years later, when I was studying art, I was introduced to drawing exercises using your non-dominant hand -- same idea.  So the idea of writing with my non-dominant hand might achieve the same result.  You're not questioning or analyzing what you're seeing, sensing or feeling.

ghandigirl, Jeanne Mayell, Lilinoe and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)

@deetoo i find that choosing and mixing colors with the non-dominant hand is also useful.  My dominant hand tends to pick colors that i want, but the other hand chooses colors that the art wants, which i end up liking better anyway.

Jeanne Mayell, BlueBelle, Parizienne and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@seeker4)
Topic starter  

@deetoo  Fascinating. The writing began as stream of consciousness, but it quickly focuses on things that interest you. And, the forms of writing: poetry, essays, fiction, non-fiction, varied a great deal.  One of my favorite things to do with students for a semester.

Jeanne Mayell, Parizienne, CC21 and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

@jeanne-mayell  ( You are going to like this thread)

I love this thread!

Love the idea of using the non-dominate hand too.

I am relatively new to the cards, learned about them the first time from different class from Jeanne a year and a half ago.  I love what you said about the cards jumping out @seeker4.  A good thing to take note of,  I find myself taking not of many things now.

Jeanne Mayell, lenor, BlueBelle and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@parizienne)
Noble Member Registered

@seeker 

I have used that same technique with my students. It is amazing what comes through. 

CC21, BlueBelle, Jeanne Mayell and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 gbs
(@gbs)
Famed Member Registered

I'm not fluent in the Tarot, the only book I own is by Hajo Banzhaf. But he recommends drawing the cards for a tarot spread with the left hand, presumably to help bypass the conscious brain.

Do any of you Tarot readers do this?

TriciaCT, CC21, Jeanne Mayell and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sistermoon)
Famed Member Registered

@gbs

I cut the deck with my left hand and then select whatever card is on top after the cut :)

ReplyQuote
(@seeker4)
Topic starter  

@gbs Yes, I draw the cards with the Left hand because that was in the instructions.  I didn't know why, but thank you for informing me.  Makes sense.

ReplyQuote
(@villager)
Noble Member Registered

@gbs I was taught by a wise friend that the left hand is recommended because it is connected to the heart and therefore the authentic self.

TriciaCT, Seeker4, lenor and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@purpleflamingo)
Active Member Registered

Thank you for sharing your experience with card reading! I've noticed that this happens a lot with psychic readings on Youtube. The right cards will suddenly jump out and match completely with the entire theme of the reading. For example, if the reading had a lot of lion signs (Leo, lions), the card that jumped out was about strength and bravery with a picture of a lion. It was very inspiring to know that this phenomenal happens to others as well.

I've had that experience myself today.

I am a skeptic and may forever be one because I don't see the point of trusting in guidance that may or may not be dependable. But on some occasions, I ask God for guidance.

Today, I asked God, the Great Divine, the Universe - everything good - a few questions. If it was a yes, the card I would draw would be an even number. Odd - no. For the first card, I drew 12 - even - yes. The second? 12 again. Even - yes. In the end, I had three 12s (for one question), two 3s (for the second question), and two of the same card with no numbers (for the first question). What I find convincing about this is how the evens and odds were the same number when I drew the cards from different parts of the deck.

For the second test, I wrote down half negative situations and half positive situations. They ranged from jobs to well being. I asked a few questions, mixed the cards, and drew cards that felt right. Am I going to be successful? Success removed link I drew the card that pertained to that question. Interesting. I did that again. In the end, I drew all positive situations (4/8) when I could have drawn negative ones. To me, this told me that I had a good chance of a positive future.

In the third test, I wrote down circumstances (negative, positive, and neutral) on each card in a deck of playing cards. I felt that this wouldn't work since there were too many cards involved, but I asked anyway. Will I find true love? Yes. Will that true love be abusive? No. Then, a card jumped out:  "Avoid domineering man." Isn't that a coincidence? A card that related to the question popped out. Is that man good? Yes, goodwill. Also a good coincidence. Then, I had two consecutive cards that related to each other pop out ("yes, job, change" and "yes, hundy, wealth 1%") and another two consecutive cards that were related ("sadness in love, no" and "heartbreak").

Later in the day, I asked a question about whether I would be rich. I didn't believe that I would be part of the 1% although I wouldn't mind having more money, a lot more money than I do now. I shuffled the cards continuously like I had before and kept that question in mind. Will I be rich? "Yes, hundy, wealth 1%" flipped over.

It's hard not to believe with these results.

But it is hard to believe that one can be this happy without any natural and/or financial disaster preventing one from reaching true contentment (Also impossible to believe that one can ever reach so much wealth). I asked how I could avoid future disasters, and the following cards jumped out:  warning:  natural disaster; no, avoid domineering man; no, harsh environment. 

It's an entire deck of playing cards with words written on each card. An equal amount are positive and negative and a smaller portion is neutral ($20-30k, $30k-40k, $40k-50k, $50k-60k, $60k-$80k, $100k, minimum wage, planning delays). It wouldn't make sense if I asked a question about love and ended up with one of the neutral cards or asked a question about career and pulled out a love card.

I also asked how someone close to be felt about me. Am I loved? Yes, supportive. Does God love me? Yes, true love.

Frank and Frank reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

I love this thread!  All of my wonderful students and others who have been posting regularly sharing information here!  

@villager @gbs @sistermoon 

@deetoo Seeker4 @unkP @lovendures

Regarding which hand you use to pick the cards --

I think that what matters is to take a nice breath before pulling a card or before reading it so you can come from a more mindful place, i.e., from you senses instead of your analytical brain.  Also once you develop a habit that convinces you that it's the right way to do it, your intuition is likely to kick in whether you use right or left.

So no matter which hand you use, your interpretation of that card is going to depend on how you read it.  If you take a deep breath and let yourself see the picture intuitively rather than analytically, you will likely be using that part of your brain responsible for intuition. If you practice reading cards regularly and breath and ground yourself, and focus mindfully on the question and the image, you will more likely get an intuitive answer. 

As for left versus right brain, I've read research that the brain is more complex than the old left versus right idea. In one experiment I read, the reptilian brain was involved.  I think we don't know. 

villager, TriciaCT, Lovendures and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: