Notifications
Clear all

Looking for interpretation suggestions

(@snowbird)
Noble Member Registered

@writerjenny, would love to see your cards! 

Share and Share reacted
ReplyQuote
(@writerjenny)
Noble Member Registered

Oh gosh, I did that spread, what, a week ago, when everyone was really worried. I don't remember what came in between but after the Sun + Death was the Hierophant followed by the Six of Swords to end, which to me suggested consequences followed by fleeing to avoid them. Definitely remember the Empress, who has come to represent Kamala Harris for me, and King of Wands, who has come to represent Biden for me. The spread told me he is toast and I can't wait for whoever the Hierophant is to come for him.

ReplyQuote
(@writerjenny)
Noble Member Registered

But @snowbird, I will tell you- my cards and I are simpatico. I'm still stunned my vision of Kamala Harris as VP came to pass and I hope the vision of her being on the winning ticket is correct, but I'm solid with the cards. They have an attitude sometimes but they tell me what's what.

Maggieci, Parizienne, gbs and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@snowbird)
Noble Member Registered

I was looking around the web for a recent reading on Mike Pence, but not finding any. So I decided to do a practice throw to see what I got. I am using the Burke-Caselli deck, similar to the Rider-Waite, and specifically asking about what is going on with him, including his health, as there are rumors that he might have canceled his appointments due to coming down with Covid.

Significator: 3 of Swords. Sorrow and pain. He feels stabbed in the heart from the collapse of the Trump campaign.

Crossing: 2 of Wands. He had plans but they won’t be fulfilled.

Foundation: 8 of Cups. He is walking away. The image of the 8 cups carefully stacked with the two uppermost leaning against one another precariously-he wants to walk away before the inevitable collapse.

Crown: 5 of Pentacles. The poverty card. Is this a message for him? It does not appear to be gracing his situation. Does he fear that he is losing his faith? Is this a blessing in disguise?

Recent Past: Strength. His public persona of being a man of courage and self-discipline is a thing of the past.

Near Future: Queen of Swords. Kamala Harris and Nancy Pelosi are forcing him to see the truth.

How he sees himself: 7 of Wands. He feels embattled, bogged down, and has lost focus on his goal.

How others see him: 2 of Pentacles. He is seen to be juggling and walking a tightrope-in danger of losing all he values.

Hopes and Fears: High Priestess. She has a story to tell, and he fears what will be coming out,

Outcome: 8 of Swords. Restriction. He is trapped. The only way out is to recognize what he has done to create this situation.

So I don’t see a clear indication of serious physical illness, I see that being a part of the Trump fiasco has severely damaged his self-image and his faith, neither of which will recover unless he comes clean and reconciles with true American values.

I’m just a beginner and welcome any additional insights and alternative interpretations

Maggieci, Seeker4, Lovendures and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 tbs
(@tbs)
Noble Member Registered

Hi,

is anyone familiar with the concept of birth car and grow / annual card. It is a mix of Numerology and Tarot / Crowley for me) . Birth card is Birthdate added like this:

Day + Month + year = 11.11.1950 = 1972 then you take the checksum = 1+9+7+2 = 19 = Sun

Grow card is the same but then for the current year, the card will show what is the lesson for the coming year:

Day + Month + year = 11.11.2020 = 2042 then you take the checksum = 2+0+4+2 = 8 = Adjustment 

I am now entering XVI = The Tower, but that is one of the cards that always had for me a more darker aspect, but when I read about is it is getting rid of old structures, destruction. Does anyone have a good interpretation of the Tower as grow card? The Tower was/is always a card I not can read wel. 

Some interesting things about this: Every 9,10 or 11 years, depends on the cycle, you will enter a new card you never had before. Years with the same card have often similar events ( Think about a breakup and divorce, a new job , health issues, learnings etc)

Maybe this is also named differently in the US.

Thanks

Maggieci, Share, Vesta and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sistermoon)
Famed Member Registered

@tbs

Depending on the context, I will sometimes read the Tower as an epiphany card (i.e., a lightning bolt to the brain; an an a-ha! moment after which nothing is the same)

lenor, Maggieci, Share and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@tbs. I'm excited that you brought up the birth card/growth card calculation.  I love doing that calculation when I give a reading and also all of my tarot students do the calculation in my Intuitive Way classes. It is also interesting to do that calculation for famous figures.

Having the Tower for your growth card is just as @sistermoon stated.  (@Sistermoon is a wealth of knowledge, as are so many who post here.)  Another way to see it is that the life you are in or some aspect of your life has become too small for you, so you have to shed something in order to expand.  Aspects of your life must drop away, like a crab who has outgrown her shell, and you might want to do some letting go.  After you go through the Tower, you graduate to the higher celestial realms, starting off with the Star! You are in for a big treat after you pass through the Tower.  I have a description on this website of all of the Thoth Major Arcana cards including the Tower here: https://www.jeannemayell.com/tarot-works/

Also that calculation for a birthday of 11/11/1950 gives not only 19, the Sun, which is a wonderful birth card, but also 10 and 1, the Wheel or Fortune and the Magus or Messenger. This is a powerful birth numerology sequence for someone.  If that is someone you know, I can read it for you, although it sounds like you are quite able to read it.

Maggieci, tbs, Vesta and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tgraf66)
Illustrious Member Registered

@tbs

I noticed a few things here.  First, the "adding down" concept in numerology seeks the lowest single digit (1-9), whereas there are 22 cards in the Major Arcana of the tarot (0-21), so I can certainly see why you would need to stop at a two digit number in some cases to match up with the cards. I think the associated card (or cards, as Jeanne noted above) does give further insight that perhaps numerology would gloss over, so I agree that there is value in doing this.

Second, in either case, whether for the Life Path (numerology)/Birth Card(Tarot) or for the Personal Year/Growth Card, adding down one's birthdate using either the format you noted or by using the standard digit + digit + digit...etc, will give you the same two digit (and final one digit) number, so either method works, as long as the Growth Card is interpreted as being subject to and in the service of the Birth Card, as it would be with the Personal Year re: the Life Path.

My only question is how you managed to get the XVI Tower card from your calculations.  Assuming the date you gave is your birthdate, 11 + 11 + 2020 = 2042 = 8 (also 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 0 + 2 + 0 = 8), then VIII Adjustment is correct for the current year, and in general with numerology, any personal year number lasts from birthdate to birthdate year-on-year.  That means that the VIII card would be in effect from now until your birthday in 2021, when it would change to IX The Hermit.

Did I misunderstand the calculation process?

tbs, Share, Vesta and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@tbs I had the same question as @tgraff66 but then assumed that 11.11 must not be your birthday and that you haven't provided your birthday in your example but just wanted us to know that 2021 is the Tower for you. 

tbs, Share, Vesta and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tgraf66)

@jeanne-mayellI hadn't considered that it was someone else's birthdate...I tend to read things pretty literally at times unless I'm told otherwise.  ;-)  My apologies to @tbs if that is the case.

tbs, Maggieci, Vesta and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 tbs
(@tbs)
Noble Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell @tgraf66 @sistermoon

first of all thanks for the replies and very interesting descriptions of the Tower, it made look at the Tower in a different way.

The numbers were examples, but I now notice that I use the cards of my wife for the Birth card. She is 01.06.1965 , so a 19/10/1 the only combination that gives you 3 cards. And yes these are very complex , challenging but interesting persons. I know that for almost 25 years now :-), and she is also twin , so double challenging, haha

I did not wanted first to use my own, because it is today. But mine is 28.11.1964 ( Hierophant). In my calculation Tower starts today, 28+11+2020 = 2059 = 2+0+5+9= XVI , but not followed by the Start, but with a new cyclus.

So the Tower ( I like the crap comparison) is a bit a new start but with some more spiritual growth, not like Dead , which is for me a more hard new start?. Is the Tower more a finding a new path? Or level up? 

I also calculate birthday to birthday not calendar year. As you see on mine, next year  I go ¨back¨ to Adjustment. And thanks for the link with the cards, very helpful. 

With every reading I do ( which are only very few a year, I am not so confident) I start with Birth and Growth Cards. And the returning life cycle. It si often very interesting that a lot of people go through similar things every 10 years ( some could also have 9 or 11 year cycles) . 

Regarding the calculation:

Some use the checksum of the whole birthday = 2+8+1+1+2+0+2+0 = Which is here also 16, but which would next year 17 , and I also find the other way , first adding up the day, month and tear and then take the checksum, more accurate and fitting .

But you all gave me ideas, thanks a lot for that. I need to that also for celebrities.

Jeanne Mayell, Share, Maggieci and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@maggieci)
Noble Member Registered

@tbs

"Is the Tower more a finding a new path? Or level up?"

I've found that the Tower is more like a "level up", if I had to choose. To me, it indicates moving out of one's comfort zone, especially regarding beliefs. A Tower year can be a growth and maturity year if you let traditional thinking relax and find the truths that resonate with a more mature you.

Hope this helps!

Vesta, Unk p, tbs and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

An interesting double number combination occurs when a birthday yields 22, as in the Dali Lama and Donald Trump. 

Dalai Lama: July 6, 1935 = 22 =0, the Fool and 4, the Emperor or Patriarch. 

Donald Trump: June 14, 1946 = 22 = 0, the Fool and 4, the Emperor or Patriarch.

In His Holiness's case, the Fool shows his enlightenment.  He has achieved the Mastery of the Tarot and gone the next highest level which is the Fool.  If you have ever seen him in person, as I have a few times, he has the humor and light-heartedness of a child while retaining the power and wisdom of a true Emperor or philosopher king. 

In the case of the 45th President, he has the cruelty and harshness of the Emperor in his darkest manifestation while being the lowest aspect of the Fool, a childish, immature, naive yet brazen.

@tbs @tgraf66 @sistermoon @writerjenny and @snowbird

Baba, Coyote, Lovendures and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 tbs
(@tbs)
Noble Member Registered

Posted by: @jeanne-mayell

An interesting double number combination occurs when a birthday yields 22, as in the Dali Lama and Donald Trump. 

Dalai Lama: July 6, 1935 = 22 =0, the Fool and 4, the Emperor or Patriarch. 

Donald Trump: June 14, 1946 = 22 = 0, the Fool and 4, the Emperor or Patriarch.

In His Holiness's case, the Fool shows his enlightenment.  He has achieved the Mastery of the Tarot and gone the next highest level which is the Fool.  If you have ever seen him in person, as I have a few times, he has the humor and light-heartedness of a child while retaining the power and wisdom of a true Emperor or philosopher king. 

In the case of the 45th President, he has the cruelty and harshness of the Emperor in his darkest manifestation while being the lowest aspect of the Fool, a childish, immature, naive yet brazen.

@tbs @tgraf66 @sistermoon @writerjenny and @snowbird

wow, that is an interesting comparison. So it depends which aspects of the card will manifest itself. That makes sense. I never looked at it this way. But now some things I experienced during card reading makes sense. Thanks a lot, that was a great awakening for me. Also for the grow card that makes sense . for trump in 2020 the card is VI the lovers, which could also mean the  darker side of the card... very, very interesting . Thanks a lot!!!!

Vesta, Jeanne Mayell, theungamer and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ana)

Posted by: @jeanne-mayell

Years ago I was told by a numerologist that I was a 22 (birth number) and that 22 was the "Master Builder".  I asked what that really meant and never did get a straight answer.  So this is interesting to me personally. 

(I did check and calculated my number using @tbs method, and it is indeed 22). 

Vesta and Vesta reacted
ReplyQuote
(@writerjenny)
Noble Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell

The Fool and The Emperor, quite the combination. While The Emperor can denote someone in the military (or someone of great stature like the Pope), the person he reps is usually a pompous ass with an ego problem. The Fool, I agree on the childlike sense of wonder and light-heartedness. For Trump I would also venture to say the aspect of The Fool that denotes a new path forward probably applies to him.

If I may, I would love to put my two cents in on the Tower Card. No card denotes bigger or more thorough change than the Tower except maybe Death, and if you get those two together, buckle up. What I have found is that when you get the Tower, whether it's good or bad depends on the following card. The Tower followed by the Ace of Cups, Two of Cups, etc- you're about to get slapped in the face by love. Tower followed by Justice- if you've been wronged, it's about to be made right. If you've done the wronging, karma is about to hit you. Of course the Tower followed by the Knight of Swords, you're about to get some real crap news.

The Tower can really be your friend. Tower plus Seven of Cups? Out of nowhere, options pop up. It's all in the story the cards tell you.

earthangel, Maggieci, Vesta and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@coyote)

@jeanne-mayell

My birth card is the priestess, which you pulled for me as one of my potential futures when I did a life reading with you. Although my birth card may also be the Aeon; the check-sum of my birthday is 2000.

Jeanne Mayell, Vesta, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@writerjenny)
Noble Member Registered

@coyote Mine is Strength, but I come up in my readings as the Queen of Wands. Fascinating stuff, Tarot.

Jeanne Mayell, Vesta, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@coyote Yes, you have the numerology of the Aeon and the Priestess.  One way to view this is that your soul's card is the lower more primal number, which is II or the Priestess. This is the symbol of all of your lifetimes. It is the core of who you are.

The higher number (the number above IX)  which is 20 or the Aeon, also known as Judgment in other decks, is about this life. One interpretation might be that you are a seer or Oracle who channels spirit who has come to this life to help guide humanity into a new age, the new Aquarian Age, or the age of the divine feminine, or whatever Coyote feel is the essence of this new age.  

Vesta, Coyote, Maggieci and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@coyote)

@jeanne-mayell

Thank for that interpretation. i tend to have trouble reading the Aeon, but usually interpret it as indicating the stage before mastery. So how did you arrive at your interpretation that I am a "seer or Oracle who channels spirit who has come to this life to help guide humanity into a new age, the new Aquarian Age"?

Vesta and Vesta reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 5
Share: