Notifications
Clear all

Medical Advances, Discoveries, and Breakthroughs

CC21
(@cc21)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@tgraf66 Wow! This is incredible news. And the article states that they have already started some Phase I trials in humans (one for celiac disease and starting one for multiple sclerosis):

"More work is needed to study Hubbell’s pGal compounds in humans, but initial phase I safety trials have already been carried out in people with celiac disease, an autoimmune disease that is associated with eating wheat, barley, and rye, and phase I safety trials are underway in multiple sclerosis. Those trials are conducted by the pharmaceutical company Anokion SA, which helped fund the new work and which Hubbell cofounded and is a consultant, board member, and equity holder. The Alper Family Foundation also helped fund the research."

Carolyn Hughes, JourneyWithMe2, Lauren and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tgraf66)
Illustrious Member Registered

Cindy, Tara Prete, Lauren and 4 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@freya)
Noble Member Registered

@tgraf66 wow this will be a game changer…thx for sharing.

ReplyQuote
(@tgraf66)

Maggieci, Freya, tybin and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tgraf66)

This breakthrough drug trial saw cancer vanish in every patient.

Maggieci, Lauren, Saga and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 CC21
(@cc21)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@tgraf66 Wow! I just read the article. That is incredible news. It was targeted for a specific mutation and was an immunotherapy. But to have 100% of patients in the small trial be cancer free is astounding.

"The results have provided “what may be an early glimpse of a revolutionary treatment shift”, Dr Hanna Sanoff, an oncologist at the Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center at the University of North Carolina, who was not involved in the trial, wrote in an editorial accompanying the paper."

Vesta, Maggieci, Lauren and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 KMac
(@kathleen)
Noble Member Contributor

@tgraf66 Thanks for sharing those medical breakthroughs. Although it will take some time to get all of these studies through trials and into mainstream medicine, it will no doubt change how we approach ALL immune diseases, including cancer. I love reading these articles because it gives me hope for our future. Despite the abhorrent polarization of our country and the long wars in which we're engaged, real progress that impacts life and death is on our doorstep.

Speaking of progress, I just read the results from a new 14 year study called the Dark Energy Spectroscopic Instrument (DESI) regarding dark energy. 1f proven, it means that dark energy is not a constantly expanding force that will eventually cause the collapse of our universe, but an inconstant force that both expands and contracts. The study is ongoing, but this "hint" (as the scientists call it) is a fascinating outcome: https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/04/science/space/astronomy-universe-dark-energy.html

Vesta, Maggieci, Lauren and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tgraf66)

@kathleen I'm no scientist or mathematician, but I am at some level not completely convinced that dark energy/dark matter are actual things. Assuming they are, however, and knowing that light energy takes many forms and is just as inconstant as the article says that dark energy is, it wouldn't surprise me that much. In fact, if one takes the stance that the universe is itself a living being, it would make sense, really. In meditation practice and in many martial arts, practitioners learn that the breath is the  energy behind everything. If both types of energy do have regular fluctuations, then perhaps we are beginning to discover that the universe - as with all other things we know - is breathing.

Vesta, KMac, Maggieci and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3
Share: